SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF SkipperNet Cafe 2008

Guest BearBug

Originally posted by WhiteOryx@Jun 5 2005, 08:17 PM

i also 10pm off work hehe :smile:

then u guys can meet and service bike together. anyway..like scarab mentioned earlier...do inform botak if need any parts change so he can get them b4 that. u wun wanna go back empty handed and return the next day. :smile:

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Scarab@Jun 5 2005, 08:35 PM

This one not for sale. Too much feeling go inside liao. :D

Wah feeling! I understand how you feel! :smile: Same like my skipper! Hehehe :cheeky:

][][ No point waiting.. if you want something, its best to go get it yourself!!! ][][

hey guys, sorry i couldnt make it on sat. i had a school CCA BBQ to go to.

i'm sure u guys had a lot of fun from wat i'm hearing.....

does anyone have pictures of that day's event?????

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/uploads/photo-8631.jpg

Originally posted by carven@Jun 6 2005, 01:29 AM

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned (but such a long thread lazy to look thru all also :p) but

is $200~$300 normal for a skipper ? Or issit most likely the bike is/goingto spoil liao ?

cheers!

its a relatively old bike so parts are likely to require replacing. so i guess u need to take a good look at the bike before u can judge anything.

well i think even if u need to repair the bike.... u got it cheap and u know for sure that parts HAVE been replaced, rather than just replying on the previous owner's word that parts have been replaced and bike has been serviced. just my 2 cents. :smile:

i would think an average skipper is at least 500 and above. correct me if i'm wrong guys? :cheeky:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/uploads/photo-8631.jpg

Rae... my fuse at the front is 10... 7.5... 4.. 4... it is stated on my cover of the fuse also.... so i think shd be right... :cheeky:

my bike really got problem starting today... without electric start i cry man... :cry: my leg is swollen now... even more jialat when i kick my scrambler.... hahahaha... later go a nearby shop ask them to trace the short circiut first... hais... :giddy:

Later who going Botak?? wat time?? i can reach around 6 plus... rae... S.K. going?? :confused:

no light very dangerous... keep looking out for cars and TP!!!! arrrrgh!!!

shd i call botak see if he has fuse jus incase??

Rae... wana go down fix horn also... hee hee... maybe have dinner there also...:confused:

ARRRGH!!!

Originally posted by carven@Jun 6 2005, 01:29 AM

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned (but such a long thread lazy to look thru all also :p) but

is $200~$300 normal for a skipper ? Or issit most likely the bike is/goingto spoil liao ?

cheers!

$200~$300 is somewhat normal. But i guess you would have to spend another $200~$300 for repairs. It could be lesser if the condition of the engine is better. I suggest you take a look at the bike first then decide! R u thinking of buying or selling??? :confused:

][][ No point waiting.. if you want something, its best to go get it yourself!!! ][][

Originally posted by kilkenny@Jun 6 2005, 10:34 AM

its a relatively old bike so parts are likely to require replacing. so i guess u need to take a good look at the bike before u can judge anything.

well i think even if u need to repair the bike.... u got it cheap and u know for sure that parts HAVE been replaced, rather than just replying on the previous owner's word that parts have been replaced and bike has been serviced. just my 2 cents. :smile:

i would think an average skipper is at least 500 and above. correct me if i'm wrong guys? :cheeky:

Given the average of our Forumers skippers, its around $200 (cheapest) Till $650 (most expensive). Mine is in between!! :smile:

Originally posted by alvinten@Jun 6 2005, 11:17 AM

Rae... my fuse at the front is 10... 7.5... 4.. 4... it is stated on my cover of the fuse also.... so i think shd be right... :cheeky:

my bike really got problem starting today... without electric start i cry man... :cry: my leg is swollen now... even more jialat when i kick my scrambler.... hahahaha... later go a nearby shop ask them to trace the short circiut first... hais... :giddy:

Later who going Botak?? wat time?? i can reach around 6 plus... rae... S.K. going?? :confused:

no light very dangerous... keep looking out for cars and TP!!!! arrrrgh!!!

shd i call botak see if he has fuse jus incase??

Rae... wana go down fix horn also... hee hee... maybe have dinner there also...:confused:

ARRRGH!!!

Alvin, SK I and Rae is at botak liao! We met Lewis there just now, let him test our bike. I was there but left to go to work! Maybe, tonight we're going there again. If you want, can meet me there at 10.45pm. Maybe for now, you mount torchlight loh! :cheeky:

Thanks rae07, SK I, whiteonyx!!! nice meeting you guys!! Thanks for allowing me to try all the bike! See you guys soon again! take care!

----------------------

Honda CB399cc Ver ®

----------------------

whitewhite

----------------------

carven>> well..200-300 is the cheapst a skipper can go. but most prob needs touch-up like most replied. even 100-150 is possible...i came across a deal where the owner offered 150. but i gotto do overhaul. but i verified with mechanic @ the shop and he said the bike gonner liao. so beware.

most importantly it's the engine. it muz be runnig good. one way to check is to look out for any leaking or and oil on the mouth of exhaust.

alvin>> wanna go down later evennig?? then can join oryx later. if u want...try ring botak first. but he did say he will check the wiring.

btw..got all fuses queries settled. was told by the 'tao chui' tt fuse infront best to change to all 10A(red) (which is true cos the one for horn has to be 10A at least...but i tihkn it's currently 7.5A) and the batt fuse was told to use 25A. (but i personally think 15A is more than enough..for safety)

anyway..my handlebar came loose juz now!! :giddy: wheel turned with handlebar straight!!! lucky still at botak's. asked him to help tighten. can't imagine if i got on rd and tt happened @ 80km/hr!!!

and on ay to sch...nearly got knocked down by bus!! the bus juz turn into my lane without any indication..lucky was able to siam... :sweat:

Originally posted by WhiteOryx@Jun 6 2005, 12:26 PM

R u thinking of buying or selling??? :confused:

Cheers for all the replies!

I'm trying to buy, but just looking around only. *intinyvoice*idontevenhavealicenceyet :faint:

And about the parts and all. Issit normal for buyer to ask seller to go to workshop together to check the bike?

Rae... i will go down to Botak at around 6 plus... i feel that it is not advisable to change the fuse cos it is actually a circuit breaker... it will prevent ur lights from blowing... horns from short circuit... and sensors from spoiling... if got sudden rush of electricity... ur whole system will blow... and in case if u are riding... u might jus fly off the scooter when the explosion occur!! :giddy: always see from TV!!! hahahaha.... but i find that changinf the 15amp to 25 amp is far too dangerous... i am not going to take the risk... too dangerous... hais...:sian:

white... wat time can u make it?? tonight u meet botak and sleeep together ar?? hahahahah!!!! joking:cheeky: i duno will stay till so late anot leh... see got rae acc mi anot... talk c*** over there~~ hahahaha.... :thumb:

btw... forgot to tell u guys... someone slot a namecard into my bike... he wana sell him Skipper for 100 dollars... SMS him and he replied... he say he will get mi back... duno save anot... hahahahaha:cheer:

Originally posted by carven@Jun 6 2005, 02:59 PM

Cheers for all the replies!

I'm trying to buy, but just looking around only. *intinyvoice*idontevenhavealicenceyet :faint:

And about the parts and all. Issit normal for buyer to ask seller to go to workshop together to check the bike?

Its normal to get the seller to follow you! Furthermore its better! Hehehe! :smile: So what practical r u in right now?? :confused:

Bros! I think i sick! Feeling feverish! Gonna see doctor soon! Dunno can make it to WM or not...... :faint: :pity: :puke:

Originally posted by myusha@Jun 6 2005, 05:24 PM

take care of urself boss~

boss really sick man...send him to doc's with kilkenny after he left his bike at botak's.

kilkenny>> sorry abt my slow speed juz now. having on rd phobia now. damn scared after my handlebar incident. :sweat:

alvin>> sorry to leave u there man. hope ur bike's all fixed up. :smile:

oryx>> take care man. rest well with ur MC.