SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Coming Elections

jiaju

Does the coming election mean anything to you?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Does the coming election mean anything to you?

• No, never get to vote in my life.
    • No, vote or no vote verdict still the same.
    • No, what is elections by the way?
    • Yes, I get to vote in my area this year.
    • Yes, I want the future Singapore to be led by efficient leaders.

Originally posted by enfant@Apr 29 2006, 10:01 PM

it's sad to know that the battle is already lost even when the fight has not started.

yeah...

we all know who is our govt for the next 5 years....or even 500 years...

but lets cross our fingers & hope we can get some quality opposition into parliament...like Mr Chaim See Tong (who "tong" very long already") and Mr Low Khia Kiang...

seeing more graduates in the opposition ranks now..which is good news...

Don't mess with old farts. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.

Proud owner of an Opel Combo 1.7 DTI

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amk got a 25yr old malay man contesting for the opposition! I think hes working as a sales coordinator. Cant wait to hear his rally!!

Anyway u guys know when is Chiam's, Low's rally? I might want to go hear hear abit.. :cheeky:

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2004/07/22/bikepics-184190-200.jpghttp://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2004/07/22/bikepics-184190-200.jpg

Originally posted by Tyrian@Apr 29 2006, 11:17 AM

i don't really care abt the elections now than before..

days ago, b4 the nomination day, i was excited about the election on the assumption that i gotta vote in this coming election.. until i found out that you have to be 21 years as at 1/1/2006.

obviously, i wasn't 21 years old at that time and so my interest in this coming election went down to rock bottom..

talk abt progress package? talk abt NSS? talk abt ESS? talk abt being the 1st batch of ppl to take IC at age 15? talk abt PSLE results kena screwed? we ppl born in 1985 gets it all..

on top of it, not only we missed out the NSS, ERS and the progress package, the gahment implement the GST 5% for all ages..

:sian:

bro, sorry to ask but what happened during your PSLE? and what abt you being the first batch who get ur IC at 15?? :confused:

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2004/07/22/bikepics-184190-200.jpghttp://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2004/07/22/bikepics-184190-200.jpg

Guest enHANZed

i need to vote leh ... but i know sh*t about politics and who to vote for ...got any FAQ website to know which party promises what ?

Originally posted by jiaju@Apr 30 2006, 02:21 AM

bro, sorry to ask but what happened during your PSLE? and what abt you being the first batch who get ur IC at 15?? :confused:

PSLE results screwed as in the results of the posting to secondary school..

at first i was posted to Sch A.. bought e textbook and uniform liao but den MOE release statement that got error in their system and sent another letter to us informing the corrected results.. so i have to go back to sch A, refund all the textbook and uniform and go to Sch B and do everything again.. causes inconvenience to me and my mum..

regarding getting IC at age 15, people who are born in 1984 would had their IC made when they are 12 years old.. Ppl who are born in 1985 onwards would only be getting their IC made at age 15 due to reasons such as age 12 photo too young liao.. so when i had frens who is older than me, sure confirm kena tease by them..

as for ERS, there r only 3 lots to be given away.. 1st lot is when i was age 18, 2nd i was age 19 and last lot was when i was age 20.. reach 21 liao, no more ERS.. but GST 4% kicks in when i was age 18.. no ERS to so call "help" me to adjust to the increast in GST

NSS, i tink should be the same as ERS.. no more for me..

one thing i had to thank the gahment is that they didn't implement Driving Licence Class 2C for ppl born in 1985.. :sweat:

05.04 - 08.04: Honda Wave S (FV)

08.04 - 05.09: Honda Version S (FP)

09.08 - 08.10: Honda ESi 4dr (SBV)

04.11 - 02.12: Ducati 749 (FY)

05.09 - 07.14: Honda Wave X (FBD)

07.14 - 09.15: Yamaha Tmax 530 (FBH)

11.13 - 09.15: Honda City (SGA)

09.15 - Current: Honda Jazz (SKV)

Originally posted by enHANZed@Apr 30 2006, 11:56 PM

i need to vote leh ... but i know sh*t about politics and who to vote for ...got any FAQ website to know which party promises what ?

read more papers...watch more news...

or attend their rallies...its really informative...not to mention funny...serious!

just came from a WP rally...the topics they touch on will be the agenda for their campaign...& what they intend to campaign for for their constituency...

go take a listen...it will be good...

Don't mess with old farts. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

If you ask me, I would vote for someone who came from humble beginnings and have experienced the normal citizen life that we are going through.

Not someone who probably stayed in a landed property throughout their life, have chauffeur to drive their big flashy cars and goes around claiming they know what we are going through.

Well if they know what normal citizens are going through, why make them think 600k is peanuts??

Haiyah, at the end of the day, PAP will still come up tops... :smile:

First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rules biker-sans. Not mine...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1859/11superbikesmackdown11.jpg

The more we get together, the FASTER we'll be..

Mar 93 - Oct 94 : TZR125 FF5209R

Oct 94 - May 98 : GSX R400N FK3745K

May 98 - Oct 05 : GSX R400R FN3306D

Oct 05 - June 11 : '02 YZF R1 FBF3637M

June 11 - Feb 19 : '11 ZX10R

Feb 19 - ??????? : '14 S1000RR

I really want a good opposition to challenge the PAP...But other parties are always like crap and getting into trouble..they way they handle things make me even scared to vote for any other than PAP...

I very sian of hearing what every team can deliver or their promises..I want to know HOW they are gonna achieve it...

I do not know what was in this James Gomez's mind when he was filling up the form. But at least out of the whole thing, he apologised for the mistake caused.

Not like some peanut comment, which someone did not apologise and had to have his husband to comment about it. By the way, his husband said " she regretted making that comment".

Stop harping on the topic to bring down the opposition. Any more harping does not make the man in white any better. Do you agree? :sian:

Singaporeans should give the opposition a chance this year. I went to listen to the Workers Party rally at Hougang yesterday and I must say they are all good speakers and raise good points!

Go and listen even if you don't have to vote. If you're impressed, you'll tell your friends, and they may need to vote!

And you don't have to wait for a rally in your ward, cos there will be many speakers and they are contesting in other wards.

(void *) &NHY;

We live in interesting times!

That WP candidate James Gomez has already blundered big time in my view. Had he apologized earlier and admitted his mistake, I would have respected him. However, after all that ruckus he caused at the Election Department and then to brushed it aside by giving a matter of factly apology, I've lose faith in his capabilities as an MP. Come on, don't tell me that he did not check his bag to see that his forms were inside and he did not in fact hand those up? It is just his bad luck that he got caught in a lie and that there is video proof. His actions gave me the impression that should he become an MP, he will be the kind that will find a scapegoat to put the blame on should any of his policies fail... :giddy:

First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rules biker-sans. Not mine...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1859/11superbikesmackdown11.jpg

The more we get together, the FASTER we'll be..

Mar 93 - Oct 94 : TZR125 FF5209R

Oct 94 - May 98 : GSX R400N FK3745K

May 98 - Oct 05 : GSX R400R FN3306D

Oct 05 - June 11 : '02 YZF R1 FBF3637M

June 11 - Feb 19 : '11 ZX10R

Feb 19 - ??????? : '14 S1000RR

Originally posted by Aie@May 1 2006, 05:44 PM

That WP candidate James Gomez has already blundered big time in my view. Had he apologized earlier and admitted his mistake, I would have respected him. However, after all that ruckus he caused at the Election Department and then to brushed it aside by giving a matter of factly apology, I've lose faith in his capabilities as an MP.

Gomez blundered alright. However, it's a small matter, he was mistaken, he has apologized and we should move on. Who doesn't make mistake?

The fact that PAP keep harping on this petty issue shows that the WP team is pretty strong.

(void *) &NHY;

We live in interesting times!

Gahmen only interested in entincing eligible voters only? wad about those below 21? :confused:

I dun see any benefits coming in, and why the wait till 40th years of NS den give one pathetic $100?

I also contribute to CPF last time what. :sian:

Give women headstart unlike Israel & having such a meagre allowance..

Don't think my area had any many changes for the better since the last 5 years.

Might be interested what the opposition could do to improve the situation.

http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_561317858m.jpghttp://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_406319657m.jpg

[¯*林德金 超級摩托 飆車隊 *¯]

** signature editted. unauthorised advertising **

gomez has apologised....case closed.

why put this issue all together with the WP and the election?

weird thing is why there is a camera in the office?

one thing i just wanna say. shouldn't upgrading be the responsibility of the govt.? why use that as a carrot for election?

politics is real dirty

Originally posted by nhyone@May 1 2006, 10:51 PM

Gomez blundered alright. However, it's a small matter, he was mistaken, he has apologized and we should move on. Who doesn't make mistake?

The fact that PAP keep harping on this petty issue shows that the WP team is pretty strong.

well politics is an unfair game, always biased towards the party in power.. imho, this gomez case is just pap's way of playing games with WP...just like the Lees threatening to sue at this time. No political battle is a completely clean one.

From the ice cream man bike aka my little black lamb RX100..to All Blacks Bandit 400, to the legendary 1285 bandit;)

NUS Students' Motorcycling Interest Group "NUSRiders" Forum

[email protected]

i saw the CNA broadcast a bit of NMP Steve Chia's rally speech...

almost puked out my breakfast.

What got up his butt? Is there really a need to shout and be so agitated that his voice cracks on stage? Machiam someone murdered his family and he vows revenge on national TV like that... and he was commenting on the Water Tax mind you...

Sitting on my hands... Must... Not... Rebutt...!! ARGH~!@

politics is dirty, i dun wish to soil myself :faint:

Send me a sign, wanna leave it all behind

I'll be leaving the hands of doom...

Rearrange the master plan, take the future in my hands

To be free and not trapped anymore...

Ride The Sky!

Give me wings to fly...

Ride The Sky!

Originally posted by jiaju@Apr 30 2006, 01:20 AM

Amk got a 25yr old malay man contesting for the opposition! I think hes working as a sales coordinator. Cant wait to hear his rally!!

Haha diz guys same class as me in ite..same platoon during recruit and the funny part how the hell he end up in politics :slapforehead:

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa374/kingform90/Wtf_japanese_butt_gun.gif

Originally posted by archenemy@Apr 30 2006, 01:16 AM

yeah...

we all know who is our govt for the next 5 years....or even 500 years...

but lets cross our fingers & hope we can get some quality opposition into parliament...like Mr Chaim See Tong (who "tong" very long already") and Mr Low Khia Kiang...

seeing more graduates in the opposition ranks now..which is good news...

Ya man need more opposition in parliament , can't win but at least draw . :sian:

Originally posted by 2wheels@May 2 2006, 11:51 AM

politics is dirty, i dun wish to soil myself :faint:

sigh~ :sian:

agreed agreed~

who's right who's wrong.... many times it doesn't really appear as it is~

:sian:

sian ah~ polictics~ :sian:

~.*.~*.~.*.~*.~.*.~*.~.*.~*.~.*.~*.~.*.~*.~.*.~.*.~*.~.*

心因為寬容, æ‰çœ‹è¦‹å¹¸ç¦

人会å˜å¾—温柔, 是é€æ¾ˆçš„懂了

懂了, å¿«ä¹æ˜¯é€‰æ‹©

~.*.~*.~.*.~*.~.*.~*.~.*.~*.~.*.~*.~.*.~*.~.*.~.*.~*.~.*

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h57/devoted_01/2221.gif

that's the problem with many singaporeans. if we really dare to make our voices heard, then the pay and pay won't be so yaya in their actions. they are still talking about the gomez incident. isn't it getting boring? i somewhat don't hear them criticising durai on the NKF incident?

Originally posted by piggybi@May 1 2006, 12:00 AM

actually all the same de la...all under the same gov...vote who also the same..

yes..no doubt that the PAP will form the govt...

but its not the same when you compare a 84 PAP member parliament or a 76 PAP member govt with 8 opposition members inside...