SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CB400 MainStand - Enquiry & Discussion

ZoRoM

O :btw: , for those whose quering why driving centre's S4 Spec I hv mainstand & why those OTR cant even mount one, is because, driving centre's S4 is "L"(learning) model, which is abit different from OTR S4s, & OTR are another model, for the market of SGP nia...

我们都在不断赶路忘记了出路, 在失望中追求偶尔的满足..

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same stuff they using you mean?

Not sure as I dont hv both to compare. But I'd experienced(queried) a few(from fellow friends), frm HKL's(mainstand), that it'll slightly wobble left & right when on mainstand.

yes was told from HKL..but i can't justify for it too.

ride safe today,ride again tomorrow

Erm, not sure too wor...

Skali the OEM de, mount liao also will wobble wobble?

Trying my luck with my last link @ BS... Was told that Honda Japan declared the mainstand discontinued. Could be due to alot of reasons...

Crossing fingers, toes & hairs...

Tat why i asking, Wat is BS ? Where u get urs ?

You mean, when the stand is kept, whilst on riding?

Mine's tension is firm enough, but when releasing to keep, try not to let it slam up against the body frame, as there's no rubber stopper @ body frame or exhaust there to absorb the impact.

ya, while riding wif uneven rd.

Mine got the rubber to protect from slamming against the main frame.

:lol:

But wear raincoat & helmet 1st, then shade under umbrella to release the mainstand... :D

Wow so mafun wor... den i park at void deck liao le. haha... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mine got it at Unique MotorSports.

Your got shorten ur spring to make it firm when released the mainstand?

is it consider modification?,if it is then no.

mine was fixed as what it is comes in and with. fix up,screw in and done. no adjustment as of what i know of.

Mine got it at Unique MotorSports.

Your got shorten ur spring to make it firm when released the mainstand?

Erm, if shorten a spring, wouldnt it risk the tension & quality of it? :confused:

Neway, from your pics, just realised that the springs are abit laggy, therefore you trimmed it?

Tat why i asking, Wat is BS ? Where u get urs ?

Oh, BS, in my lingo, stands for Boon Siew...

Sorry, misunder-com :sweat:

ya, while riding wif uneven rd.

Mine got the rubber to protect from slamming against the main frame.

Piangz... Tio short changed... Mine de dont hv... Only the metal mechanism nia... :slapforehead:

Wow so mafun wor... den i park at void deck liao le. haha... :D

Hahaha... Then if raining & you die die hv to ride, hw?

Still hv to put on raincoat right? keheheheh... :D

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

• 3 months later...
Some pic to share...

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i20/zorom/CB400%20Parts/MainStand01.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i20/zorom/CB400%20Parts/MainStand06.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i20/zorom/CB400%20Parts/MainStand03.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i20/zorom/CB400%20Parts/MainStand05.jpg

Any Different ???

My Revo has this same stand,quite stable

Rides from 1991 till current:

Kawasaki KDX 200

Yamaha Rival 125(Stop production)

Suzuki TS 200

Yamaha TZR 125

Piaggio Corsa 200

Vespa Exclusive 2

Honda Wave 125

Honda CB400 Revo

Yamaha FJR 1300A

O :btw: ' date=' for those whose quering why driving centre's S4 Spec I hv mainstand & why those OTR cant even mount one, is because, driving centre's S4 is "L"(learning) model, which is abit different from OTR S4s, & OTR are another model, for the market of SGP nia...[/quote']

yes driving centre s4 is a different model from those s4 OTR.. but then that sill doesnt explain y spec 1 cannot put mainstand.. :giddy:

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

do u guys uses mainstand all the time or side still? thanks

for myself...i uses more on the sideside as it's more convenient. I use the main mostly if the parking lot is small and does not allow me to move in freely between my bike and the next bike if i down my side.

just a question out of the topic. if no mainstand how do u guys clean chain n with what? do u guys uses mainstand all the time or side still? thanks

if no mainstand, clean the chain part by part.. ie, clean chain, push bike to dirty part of chain, continue until you finish then lube.. i use kerosene.. some peeps use diesel, there's proper chain cleaner by maxima if i am not wrong.. hope that helps..

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

if no mainstand, clean the chain part by part.. ie, clean chain, push bike to dirty part of chain, continue until you finish then lube.. i use kerosene.. some peeps use diesel, there's proper chain cleaner by maxima if i am not wrong.. hope that helps..

there is oso GT 85

ok thanks. actually i pull the bike over by the side stand and turn the wheel to lube certain part then repeat again. sometimes i wondering if this will make the suspension not balance anot coz i let go the pipe side suspension will have impact.

• 4 months later...

Bros, is there any mainstand available already for Vtec1? Any idea where got sell? Unique only have for Vtec 2 onwards... Sian ah have to push clean, push clean then push lube, push lube...lol...

:gun: My Rides -

2001 to 2002 - Husqvarna CR125

2002 to 2004 - Yamaha RXZ135

2004 to 2006 - Honda CB400 Vtec1

2008 to Present - Honda CB400 Vtec1

Planning to get a mainstand too. So are there different brands of mainstand? How do I know if it's OEM or not? :confused:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd13/eedwinn89/IMG_4518-1-1.jpg

Planning to get a mainstand too. So are there different brands of mainstand? How do I know if it's OEM or not? :confused:

Yr's a Spec 1 or?

For Spec 2 or 3, it's compatible. Meaning this 2 models are using the same mainstand.

However, for Spec 1, there isnt a bracket for the mounting of mainstand.

Hence there wasnt any for it. & also, it's already been long that no one here still has stock of the OEM mainstand.

Unique's almost seems close already.

Here's a pic, frm the brochure i posted earlier, showing the original accessories.

Mainstand on the left, 1st of centre row.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e100/DKiev/Honda%20CB400%20Super%20Four/scan0016.jpg

Edited by Kev's

Disclaimer: