SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Piaggio MP3 Cafe 2009

CCK

:giddy: that's really bad news! considering how new the MP3 is.... hmmm giving me second thoughts about Piaggio reliability!

in my opinion, it can happen to any bike if the coolant hose is not fixed properly to the coolant pump.

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww45/blackpiper/YNWA2.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Wow! Can share your thoughts on the pros and cons?

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Dang... don't tell me the 250cc one is actually better than the 400cc one? :giddy:

A case of less is more?

Below are some tests done in France :

MP3-400

Vitesse maxi :142 km/h (88mph)

Accélération 0-100 m :7,4 sec

Diamètre braquage :4900 mm

Conso. moyenne :6,1 l/100 km

Autonomie :190 km (120miles)

X8-400

Vitesse maxi :152 km/h (95mph)

Accélération 0-100 m :7,2 sec

Diamètre braquage :4990 mm

Conso. moyenne :5,2 l/100 km

Autonomie :230 km (143miles)

Burgman 400

Vitesse maxi :151 km/h (94mph)

Accélération 0-100 m :7,3 sec

Diamètre braquage :4800 mm

Conso. moyenne :5,4 l/100 km

Autonomie :280 km (175miles)

MP3-250

Vitesse maxi :122 km/h (76mph)

Accélération 0-100 m :8,5 sec

Diamètre braquage :4900 mm

Conso. moyenne :5,9 l/100 km

Autonomie :210 km (131miles)

Amazing how high the fuel consumption for all the scooters are... :giddy:

If the underseat storage of the 400cc is really worse than the 250cc, then have to re-consider.... haiz

If the underseat storage of the 400cc is really worse than the 250cc, then have to re-consider.... haiz

I wouldn't say the 400cc under-seat storage is worse or anything. It's wide but the height seems a bit low at certain areas and could cause a problem if you need to carry something thick. This is just my opinion. Other than that, I think the bike looks fine. Price wise, I reckon it's gonna be a bit stiff. Anyone knows of the price OTR.

Few pages back, think it's estimated at 13~14K....

I am considering the MP3 125. I have called the Piaggio showroom to arrange for a test ride. Hopefully I get the appointment soon. :)

It has been exciting rounding up various brands/models before my purchase in October. :cheeky:

Why don't you give a thought on the 250cc? I once met a 125cc rider in his late 50s at Piaggio Centre and his 125 had this clacketty sound. He was worried but the personnel from Piaggio reassured him that it's normal coz it's a 125. The 250 sound more refine. I don't know about the 400cc though. Furthermore, the price of the 125 is just a tad lower compared to the 250.

Why don't you give a thought on the 250cc? I once met a 125cc rider in his late 50s at Piaggio Centre and his 125 had this clacketty sound. He was worried but the personnel from Piaggio reassured him that it's normal coz it's a 125. The 250 sound more refine. I don't know about the 400cc though. Furthermore, the price of the 125 is just a tad lower compared to the 250.

I agree with you 100%. If only I have class 2A license. :cheeky: Alternatively, I buy a cheaper bike and upgrade next year.

Hopefully the 125 is ok on the highway though.

Sufie, you riding a 250cc?? How's the pickup when fully-loaded with pillion and other cargo? How much is the cruising RPM at 80,90,100 km/hr??

Went to view the MP3 400 this morning.Look more solid than 250 maybe due to the bigger rear wheel and slightly longer wheelbase.It cost about $14,200 to $14,300 OTR. As for storage space its shallower than 250 but we can always fit the rear box.

I was keen on the 400cc too but I feel that my 250 will do fine since there are a few factors about the 400 that is preventing me from getting it. It's just like something is not right about the 400. Just my opinion....

What's holding you back bro??