SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Piaggio MP3 Cafe 2009

CCK

jus went to test ride the mp3 250 today, pretty satisfied wif the performance but maybe becos I'm riding spec3, feel not as powerful as i assume, but still the feel of going into bends wif the mp3 amuse me, makes it almost effortless to bank the bike. But 1 thing not very good bout the bike, don't think the underseat storage can store 2 full face as claim by the brochure about mp3, anybody tried putting in 2 full face b4???

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I ordered one and will be collecting next Monday 12 Nov. I didn't demo the 250cc at Piaggio or been anywhere near a MP3 to sit or even touch one.

This is a good site on the MP3 http://www.modernvespa.com/forum/forum13.html?sid=41ad24c1b3f2f38888c0d9bdc49ac5b4

Fuel consumption I read the 400cc will not be good like the 250cc, bad even?

Price around $13600 for the 400cc.

2A can ride the 400cc liao?

Or official capacity over 400cc?

i was told that u have to pay for 2 parking lots... is tat true? :giddy:

I dun tink so...

The bike is not as wide as u told it might be...

Bike still will be able to squeeze in between lanes. Seen it.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/VoxArcana/Forum%20Signatures/ManUtdChampions.png

2002 - 2004 HonDa SP

2004 - 2006 HoNdA S4 VtEc 1

2006 - 2007 YaMahA MaJesTy 250 MK2

2007 Current HoNDa SliVerWinG 400

I dun tink so...

The bike is not as wide as u told it might be...

Bike still will be able to squeeze in between lanes. Seen it.

it's not the width... but the wheels...

those old bikes with sidecars hv to pay for 2 lots coz they got 3 wheels... so

i think the mp3 oso hv to pay for 2 lots too, rite?

anyone who bought season tickets from hdb care to enlighten us???

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a48/Caramon22/8359ninjabanner.jpg

What place is this that is my world; what dark coil has my spirit embodied?

Prayne de crabug ahm rinedere be-yogt iglo kes gron!!!

it's not the width... but the wheels...

those old bikes with sidecars hv to pay for 2 lots coz they got 3 wheels... so

i think the mp3 oso hv to pay for 2 lots too, rite?

anyone who bought season tickets from hdb care to enlighten us???

I tink u got the concept wrong.

Those with sidecars do not pay for 2 lots bcos they got 3 wheels.

They pay more because they will take up 2 slots when parking taking in considerations the width of whole bike inclusive of the side car.

The key is width, not wheels

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/VoxArcana/Forum%20Signatures/ManUtdChampions.png

2002 - 2004 HonDa SP

2004 - 2006 HoNdA S4 VtEc 1

2006 - 2007 YaMahA MaJesTy 250 MK2

2007 Current HoNDa SliVerWinG 400

Went down to try if the bike can fit 2 helmets, think the 400cc mp3 can only fit a open face at the rear of the bike, the front portion cannot, at most half a helmet. Some more don't have the red that I actually thought it was, and it wasn't red to begin with, its maroon, really hope that there is a red like spec3.... Really thats the 2 thing that preventing me from getting one although those problems can be offset by installing a box and choosing another colour...... :faint:

Any mp3 400 rider ? care to give some review on the bike?

How bout you, Bi2Sco??? Got yours already???

I got it last Friday. Haven't ride it much except to and from work. Still nursing a left shoulder injury when I fell off my X9 during a raining day.

Don't know how to write review, sorry.

The MP3 looks small and feel small while sitting on it. Leg room is a bit lacking even for me at 1.67m.

The petrol tank is small at 12ltrs including reserve so have to make frequent trips to the pump station.

Well if you are looking for a scooter that can go around a bend at full lean and wearing out the thread up to the edge on both sides of the tire this is the one.

I got it last Friday. Haven't ride it much except to and from work. Still nursing a left shoulder injury when I fell off my X9 during a raining day.

Don't know how to write review, sorry.

The MP3 looks small and feel small while sitting on it. Leg room is a bit lacking even for me at 1.67m.

The petrol tank is small at 12ltrs including reserve so have to make frequent trips to the pump station.

Well if you are looking for a scooter that can go around a bend at full lean and wearing out the thread up to the edge on both sides of the tire this is the one.

This your first big cc bike? how it compare to others? torque and respond good? thanks for helping cause I'm on the verge of getting one......

This your first big cc bike? how it compare to others? torque and respond good? thanks for helping cause I'm on the verge of getting one......

Had owned bigger cc bikes in the past when I was younger, those that goes 130km plus an hr in first gear. Now don't have the adrenalin for those high speed thrill.

It is auto gear so torque and respond will not be as good as manual gear bikes. But is sufficient for me.

You demo-ed the 250cc so should be roughly a little bit more power to tap on with the extra cc. Little bit because it is 34kgs heavier.

Had owned bigger cc bikes in the past when I was younger, those that goes 130km plus an hr in first gear. Now don't have the adrenalin for those high speed thrill.

It is auto gear so torque and respond will not be as good as manual gear bikes. But is sufficient for me.

You demo-ed the 250cc so should be roughly a little bit more power to tap on with the extra cc. Little bit because it is 34kgs heavier.

Thanks for the advice. Appriciate it. :thumb:

Hi guys , was considering switching to MP3 125 . May i know whats the fuel consumsion? Currently riding a X8 . i know it sounds stupid which down grade but no choice only got 2B. Cheers

Bro, don't bother if you changing to 125, cause I spoken to the Aux police when they where by the road side, had a 15mins conversation with one of them, he told me that its not really worth it, cause its way power to weight ratio is way out, the bike is too heavy for its 125cc.....

But then again, you might wanna consider calling piaggio and go down for a test ride on the 125 before making any decision. Alternativly, you may want to consider taking you 2A and getting the 250 or 400 which are better choices.... Just my humble opinion, hope it helps, :thumb:

Bro, don't bother if you changing to 125, cause I spoken to the Aux police when they where by the road side, had a 15mins conversation with one of them, he told me that its not really worth it, cause its way power to weight ratio is way out, the bike is too heavy for its 125cc.....

But then again, you might wanna consider calling piaggio and go down for a test ride on the 125 before making any decision. Alternativly, you may want to consider taking you 2A and getting the 250 or 400 which are better choices.... Just my humble opinion, hope it helps, :thumb:

i guess so too. 125cc for honda cub can la for a three wheeler sian. lazy to take 2A, long time never ride manual bike scared to do the S course and figure 8. Tried 2A before stop halfway. Any one in this club rides a 125 cc mp3? Going down tomorrow to PSC to service my bike maybe see if can test the MP3

http://www.tones4u.net/wap/pics/sweet.jpg

i guess so too. 125cc for honda cub can la for a three wheeler sian. lazy to take 2A, long time never ride manual bike scared to do the S course and figure 8. Tried 2A before stop halfway. Any one in this club rides a 125 cc mp3? Going down tomorrow to PSC to service my bike maybe see if can test the MP3

Me getting the 125RL cos only 2B which i obtained recently. Placed a deposit at one of the motor shop in late OCt. Few days later was told 125 no stock liao. Maybe CISCO bought all the remaining stock. I did not take back my deposit cos to me its worth waiting though the new shipment will only arrive in Jan 08 or so.... Have you seen any MP3 125 that is on display in any of the motor shop???

Have never test ride the 125 but should be alright for me if it lack of some power...

cheer!

Just have this malossi mutivar installed on my MP3 250...Wow what a big different it made..My Mp3 has now become a Mp3 type R...The pickup and speed between 70-100kph is so much better than a stock one.I would said the feel is quite similar to my ex-silverwing400 in term pickup and mid-range power..my clutch slip probem has gone too after the installation...But of cause you gain and lose too...fuel comsumtion is now down to ard 21km/l and rollers have to be change every 5k...

Btw Bi2Sco, do you feel slightly more inconvinence for you to squeeze thru traffic?

No discernable difference splitting lanes, at least coming from a X9 which is wider. The width is only as wide as both tips of the handle bar or mirrors.

Slow speed manoeuvre is clumsy with 2 wheels upfront plus the MP3 is heavy. You can't ride like those Kup Kia in heavy traffic, squeeze to the left or right lanes between stationary vehicles.

I am still riding with a injured left shoulder so pressing the handle bar down in slow turns is still a problem for me.

Bro Bi2Sco,u're riding a mp3 400 rite,can i noe hows the fuel comsumption of the 400?

Still have not broken in the engine yet as I only put 360km plus on it. Will update on the FC once it is broken in.

Or let's hope other MP3 400cc owners post theirs. I am very sure there must be 1 or 2 lurking in this thread.