SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Piaggio MP3 Cafe 2009

CCK

Saw a red MP3 400 on the PIE on my way home today! Think still running in! :thumb:

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i went for a test ride yesterday and fell in love with the mp3

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/fleaz/_MG_5656-1.jpg

Honda Phantom TA200 [FT73*2H][2005-2007]

Honda XR400 [FN9*32Y][2007]

Aprilia Atlantic [FX751*K][2007-2008]

Toyota Camry [2011-2013]

Mitsubishi Lancer [2013-2014]

we live in the back, ride at the back -BSR

mp3 is a cool machine....

never fail to turn heads....

i like it see mp3 riders park their bike... cos its just stopping and dismount... haha...

btw... any handbrake feature? :angel:

'Il rettilineo è una tortura'

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj279/refugeeforum/transport0055cy6.gif ...... http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj279/refugeeforum/transport011.gif

Yup, there is a handbrake right in between and in front of the rider's legs.

Plan to try to go for a test ride Friday morning... pending leave approval and weather of course!

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

no no... no test rides for me....

might just get too impulsive on purchases...haha...

i'll wait for the SBF Scooters meet at piaggio during year end...

'Il rettilineo è una tortura'

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj279/refugeeforum/transport0055cy6.gif ...... http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj279/refugeeforum/transport011.gif

Went to test-ride the MP3 today, the 250 was out on loan so I rode the 125 instead.

The front end took about a few minutes to get used to... the feeling is a little different but once you get used to it, you don't think much about it anymore.

The stability of the front is simply awesome... comparable to that of a car. Only the rear end reminds you are still on a bike... when you go over some harsh bumps. But the front just soaks it all up! :thumb:

As for the locking mechanism, it was nice to have but didn't really have enough time to get that used to it until I can lock while coming to a stop... And preferred to ride it as a normal scooter to prevent any embarressing accidents... :p

One thing that surprised me was also the scooter was a little higher than I'm used to... couldn't put my feet flat on the ground (I'm about 1.7m)... maybe I'm too used to the Burgman's low seat.

All in all, I've got good impressions of the MP3, and it's certainly an eye-opener! :cheeky:

Forgot to mention, the additional front wheel + brake provides awesome braking power! Literally 1 finger is all you need..... :thumb:

I test rode the 125, as for the engine, it was really smooth and free-revving... but at the end of the day, it's still a 125 pushing quite a lot of weight.

I took it up the PIE and it needed 7000rpm to hit 70km/hr, and 8000 rpms to hit 80+km/hr.

Hmmm.. 7000rpm to hit 70Km/hrs... means it got problem climbing the Shears Bridge. But no choice only have 2B and already paid my deposit at one of the motor shop for e 125RL.(machine + COE + registration + IU + etc - Insurance = $11700). Sad to say got bad news at the last hour that no stock. Next shipment only arrive in Jan 08... Anyway..Its worth waiting

I test rode the 125, as for the engine, it was really smooth and free-revving... but at the end of the day, it's still a 125 pushing quite a lot of weight.

I took it up the PIE and it needed 7000rpm to hit 70km/hr, and 8000 rpms to hit 80+km/hr.

just saw a certis cisco riding it, an official scooter for them!

looks like piaggio got big big bonus this year!! :cheeky:

With every good wishes

Mark C.

It is in the moment of your decision and action that your life is shaped.

Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

为了生活我å¯ä»¥å¿ , 平安回家 , 陪家人åƒé¥­å¾ˆé‡è¦.

hey guys, i'm keen on this bike as well....where can i buy it from? is it still 12k+ for the 250???

Further up this thread there's a virtually new MP3 250 (2km only) for sale by the owner who left it at Lee Huat Motor. The elderly gentleman could not handle its weight and went back to his Vespa.

That's a good chance to get a good discount over a new one.

He who hesitates is lost!

any MP3 owner would to share any problems parking MP3 in public area, such as HDB MSCP? any bad encounter? or Problems like mischief by others, theft of parts if dun cover with a bike cover... ppls tends to sit on them as it is unique bike.

Anyone in this forum bought the mp3 400 already? Care to share some views on the bike..... Bike performance? Bike fuel consumption? Bike price? etc.....

Thinking very hard if I shd change to it from my Spec 3......

I ordered one and will be collecting next Monday 12 Nov. I didn't demo the 250cc at Piaggio or been anywhere near a MP3 to sit or even touch one.

This is a good site on the MP3 http://www.modernvespa.com/forum/forum13.html?sid=41ad24c1b3f2f38888c0d9bdc49ac5b4

Fuel consumption I read the 400cc will not be good like the 250cc, bad even?

Price around $13600 for the 400cc.

Congrats on your new ride! Will be interested in your experiences as you get to know your scooter in the coming months!