SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Piaggio MP3 Cafe 2009

CCK

Okay just found a good website here.

:smile:

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's holding you back bro??

This model is not proven in Sgp. yet as it is here for less than a year, I mean the front suspension system. As for the engine I'm not worry as it is similar to the other piaggio scooters like the X8. Also my current bike (vfr) is only 3 years young. But I am itching for the MP3. Must tahan first lah.:cool:

Same lah... my Burgman 400 is also 3 years young... and mechanically still functioning well... haiz, endure! :sweat:

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

This model is not proven in Sgp. yet as it is here for less than a year, I mean the front suspension system. As for the engine I'm not worry as it is similar to the other piaggio scooters like the X8. Also my current bike (vfr) is only 3 years young. But I am itching for the MP3. Must tahan first lah.:cool:

I totally agree with you. What we can fall back on are reviews from websites, staff from Piaggio Centre or someone who is riding it. Kinda like if you embark on buying it, you are somewhat like a guinea pig. A test run for fellow bikers to gain information from. As for me, so far I'm still happy with my bike. My greatest worry are my front suspensions. I hope they won't give me problems. I think with regular servicing, the bike should be fine.

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww45/blackpiper/YNWA2.jpg

I had test rode one MP3 250 and I am impressed with the suspension.

Normally scooters' suspension are rather soft to have the comfort.

But I was surprised when I accidently CHIONG (rush) one regular hump and the bike took it without any problem. It did not bottom.:thumb: Just like my XR400. Still felt stable.

The front suspension is made up of 2 individual strong assemblies. I feel that it will be rather lasting or at least if it fails either side, u will only need to change one only.

• 2 weeks later...

I would think that at some point in time you will still buang, but you have to be trying very, very hard to buang on purpose to do that....

juz a curious question.. for sure the mp3 would not buang no matter hw much u tilted the bike wen conering??

The mp3 is designed to be able to take corner to a certain extent such that both front tyres are still on the ground. The front suspensions are capable to still hold the bike on the road. But imo, if you try to go beyond the degree of cornering, it will still 'buang'. But how low you can go on this bike is really a question. You've gotta try it for yourself but for me, I'm pretty much happy that I can take corner just like my previous X8. But I did hear of an mp3 rider who 'buanged' at mscp.....

Planned to buy one scooter once I get my licence but need some info first. Besides MP3, any other 3-wheeled scooter available in Singapore? How about Honda Gyro Canopy? What is its top speed? I also spot another kind in youtube(from 44 sec onwards).

How about their prices?

Thanks in advance.

The mp3 is designed to be able to take corner to a certain extent such that both front tyres are still on the ground. The front suspensions are capable to still hold the bike on the road. But imo, if you try to go beyond the degree of cornering, it will still 'buang'. But how low you can go on this bike is really a question. You've gotta try it for yourself but for me, I'm pretty much happy that I can take corner just like my previous X8. But I did hear of an mp3 rider who 'buanged' at mscp.....

Lets say the bike topple over, how easy/hard is it to lift is back up ?

A wealth of info can be found here on the Piaggio MP3 bro.

Thanks but I'm looking for alternatives such as .............

1) Honda Gyro Canopy

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/xiaoman_photos/carNew_1014_1.jpg

2) ???

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/xiaoman_photos/ScreenHunter_01Sep0514.12.jpg

don't mind if it is a one seater but need to know top speed, fuel consumption, rough cost etc.

You mean something like this?

Think they are available in Singapore, but if I'm not wrong think you need a handicapped licence for those bikes with 2 wheels behind.

Lets say the bike topple over, how easy/hard is it to lift is back up ?

Good question. Never tried that before and I don't want to either. But I would guess that when the bike is lying on the ground, then it's most likely to be in front suspension unlocked status so it'll be just the same as lifting any other bike. On the other hand, there is a possibility that the front suspension is in locked status. And I don't think it will be easy to lift the bike up; infact I think it will be quite a mean feat just trying. I don't really know. I'm just guessing. Unless we get feedbacks from mp3 rders who encountered such situation.

Yah, it's in the link in my previous post.

Okie, me mistaken! :sweat: