SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Helmet and Tinted visors issues

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

full face is allowed......not only ang moh. i see lots of people using it nowadays for tp.....its not fashion its safety! so why should it not be allowed.....?

Archer meant for lessons and Traffic Police Test at riding schools..

Hi, after reading the above, can I deduce that the Mfizz Evo 2 helmet bought from LAB = sure kena summon???

what do you mean??? if your visor is more than 30% tinted, you will be summoned when a TP stops you..

Hi, after reading the above, can I deduce that the Mfizz Evo 2 helmet bought from LAB = sure kena summon???

from what i know ah boy sells approved tinted visor which is 30% tinted and they go by the term "Teh-O." It was told by my neighbour who is using the visor. he has been stopped by TP several time to test the visor and they let him go since it is legal.if you helmet is using that visor, you are safe.

You've Been Hit By

You've Been Hit By

A Smooth Criminal

To Biting_Point & Maja: Actually I just bought the Evo2 helmets from them, got home and realised the visors are like tinted, so Im not sure whether the default helmet visor is it the one you guys mentioning?

i suggest you compare your helmet visor with the ones that helmetboys are selling. if it is the same, maybe it is like that by default. if you still unsure, it is best to go back to LAB and enquire. not worth to just leave it as it is and pay $50 if you are caught by TP.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/276232-Evolution-2-Helmet-Light-weight-Helmet

You've Been Hit By

You've Been Hit By

A Smooth Criminal

• 1 month later...

Wanna ask if a Helmet (HJC AC-X2) is bought overseas, so there will be no PSB stickers.

is there any place/authorities that i can give them check and if pass get a sticker from them?

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f230/vaiotile/birdsc0.gif

WARNING!

DUE TO OVERFEEDING

SOME PIGEONS CAN

BECOME AGGRESSIVE

• 2 weeks later...
yupz.. it's an eyewear..

no fine for it if TP sees you with it on..

seriously i dun get the drift on tinted visor..

if i'm caught during the night with a tinted visor, i shut up and pay fine..

but if it was during a hot sunny day..??

worst when i had a clear visor in my box???

donated at least 5 times regarding tinted visor during the day..

If theres a "Like' button, i would had clicked it! Haha

Totally agree with your point

chiap lee have. but for arai helmet.

i am using one... most of the time it is not tinted well enough to be that useful, but it does cut the hid headlamps quite a bit :thumb:

The one Chiap Lee selling for Arai is approved? That particular tinted visor is Original Arai parts?

from what i know ah boy sells approved tinted visor which is 30% tinted and they go by the term "Teh-O." It was told by my neighbour who is using the visor. he has been stopped by TP several time to test the visor and they let him go since it is legal.if you helmet is using that visor, you are safe.

I once got stopped for wearing tinted visor. He showed an example on 'tint-o-meter' of his. He said must have at least 70% light passing through to consider it legal. But when he showed me an example using sort of plastic strip, the clear one already showed reading of 73%-78% light of passing through. He then tried on my visor. I was like though luck bro! haha!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j291/revospeed/54959_10151230553681355_83266418_o.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
is E.C.E cert helmet is legal 2 wear in singapore?

In the eyes of the Law (enforcement). no helmet is approved unless they are approved by the "Minister".

This effectively means that only Helmets with PSB stickers are approved for use on the road. With visors of 30% or lesser tint.

I'm a Tutor! Proud to be one!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/lexanez/IMG_0008.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...