SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Helmet and Tinted visors issues

if i not wrong...both of them(rider+pillon)cant wear since it already say in the law,but still luck count,TP good=let u off,TP fcuk up=$50 gone

i not a TP but i got a good frz which is TP to me 10 yr till now since he caught me 3 time 10 yr back lol

wah serious bo? pillion cannot wear even the slightest tinted visor izit?

Jεήgσ™ : |l|l|ll| With great power comes great responsibilities.Think safe, ride safe |ll|l|l|

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pillon can bah if TP close one eyes bah:)

but as far as i concern,it cant lah but dont get caught heehee:)

anyway FYI....i wearing tinted....cause i g_a_y

Ex - Honda CB400.

Ex - Yamaha Fazer S2.

Ex - Yamaha R1.

Ex - Suzuki Hayabusa.

Ex - Yamaha Spark.

Ex - Yamaha Tmax.

Current -

Honda Jazz.

Kawasaki ZX6R.

• 1 month later...

i am wearing a half cap german helmet for 8mths now, ROV stop beside me or TP roadblocks so far nothing happen. I think just luck ah!

MAD RAT

========================================

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:xddUYcKn_y-tPM:http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r123/sid_snot/rat1.jpghttp://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8684/1687081003l.th.jpg

========================================

Rat Bikes Are No-Nonsense

The law is a law. Without Sticker or tinted visor, TP and ROV are authorised to issue summon. It entirely dependable whether they wanna catch you or not. What loop hole? Pillion helmet with or without sticker or with or without tinted visor, also can be summon accordingly to law.

So far, i have NOT see ANY LEGAL tinted visor on the market. Maybe LTA will imposed bah with LTA approved sticker on the visor. Just like 3rd party LEGAL exhaust pipe. Of course, by that time, our tinted helmet will cost alot more with the LTA authorisation sticker bah. More ways for LTA to make money leh. But I think unlikely this will happened, reason is since the light transmittion device confrim to fail all tinted visor, there is no way that the tinting will be approved by LTA, its like slapping their own face.

As for the PSB sticker, $30 summon for rider and pillion also. Dependable whether they give face or not. They have the right to summon you. There is no way you can get LTA or TP to approve your helmet.

To do that, they will need to go thru impact and crash testing of YOUR HELMET! Yes, they passed your helmet after all testing but end up, muahahaha, barely smashed up helmet! Normal circumtances, PSB sticker is awarded after the entire batch of helmet (Sample of 2-10) passed the test. It will take a long time before its can be on sale in market.

Of course the suppliers will go thru undertable means to sell to local dealer at a cheaper price (without testing) than PSB approved helmet. More sales, more profit but who cares, with more production and high demand, the supplier earn more. But also says that local dealer will be fine for sales of unauthorised helmet but allowed for display. (Usual trick for dealers)

Wearing sunglass is legal cos TP and ROV are doing it. They ride under the sun and too much UV will hurt the eyes. So no law such as sunglass is passed YET. TP are using none tinted and PSB approved helmet, so we must follow the law, according to them lah.

In the olden day, FF and HC helmet are unauthorised without PSB sticker, only OF helmet allowed. Now, almost all model are available with PSB sticker except for some eg. monkey helmet... OFF helmet is the last pattern of helmet to get approved by PSB. Btw, LTA and TP are the law, no reasonable explanation needed to be given when you break the law.

Car:

Leisure driving and family outing

Kia Cerato/Auto/Sedan:

Present FC: 11.03km/L

• 2 weeks later...
not exactly, my friend kena coz his gf pillion was wearing a black, u know those kind where riders wear normal and the gf wear black like want to hide the face.haha. but ya..kena FINE.

Most probably TP want to see the cha bo face thats why stop him lor.......If hide sure hiding something good.....my gf also wear tinted one leh.....sigh....now i think change to clear and ask her wear sunglass liao....

http://i28.tinypic.com/5kokk3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I will pay the $30 summons then wear a cheap $40 helmet with a PSB sticker.

My head costs more than that.

Anyway, I have been wearing full face helmets that do not have PSB stickers for years and currently have 2 IXS full face which do not have the PSB sticker.

As long as the helmet is Snell Foundation and DOT approved I will wear it.

If got Snell, DOT and PSB sticker... I will wear. If got PSB sticker only... I will not wear.

The Snell and DOT endorsement is recognised worldwide as a benchmark standard for safety helmets.

PSB got world wide recognition meh??? Decide for yourselves.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o104/angelo_neo/IMG_1208-1.jpg

FAA licenced motorcycle mechanic :angel:

Add me: http://www.facebook.com/raptormotorsports

• 2 weeks later...
Most probably TP want to see the cha bo face thats why stop him lor.......If hide sure hiding something good.....my gf also wear tinted one leh.....sigh....now i think change to clear and ask her wear sunglass liao....

like that very chio...hahahahahah

i just kena tinted visor...50 bucks!!

just in time to pay for their year end BONUS

last october i aslo kenna, by expressway patrol car some more...:(

;-(

1997 - Yamaha RXZ (Jap Model), 1999 - Yamaha TZM150, 2000 - Yamaha RXS115, 2001 - Honda Wave 125S, 2002 - Yamaha 125Z, 2004 - 2011 Yamaha XJR400RR Redbull Theme, 2005 - Spark Z110, 2006 - Kawasaki KRR150, 2009 - Suzuki Bandit 400, 2010 - Suzuki GSXR400R(project cannibalism), 2011 - Suzuki Hayabusa Gen 1 White Motul Theme, 2012 - Suzuki K6 1K & RZ350LC *lead XJR Sgp since 2007 - 2012*

• 3 weeks later...
PSB is just another local conspiracy built up to leech monies from our law abiding Singa-Pore-Lang... :lol:

I agreed. Money has the power to buy anything. You'll see noisy approved pipes around and that is just because the company of that product are willing to invest because they believe in long term business. And when it comes to Traffic police, reasoning becomes craps when you use an aftermarket pipes. As comparison to cobra pipes and Screaming eagle pipes. Tell me and decide which product will catch by the police first.

As the arguement upon psb approved helmet too......Some pple want to look nice with helmet while disregarding safety. Well we have to respect each individual perception and overview. Some prioritize safety first while some do not becoz no matter what dis legal and illegal helmets make a different on how he or she look like on roads perhap...Those who wish to look old skool bikers will therefore prefer small size helmet with thin cushion. These are comon in America, Thailand, Europe and my other countries. Some dun mind looking like an astronaut riding a bike while some others mind.....

Just 2 cent worth of opinion and thought.....

Cool..:dot:

"The thing about hanging around with Republicans is that I never thought it will be very unhip."

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i juz being summon for my tinted visor juz now...damn it...

when i got money,dey dun wan to summon me...wrong timing..

juz now i ask the TP guy,he say pillion also shuld wear a clear helmet as the rider..except that they will close 1 eye if pillion is using tinted...

if u 'kena' TP dat is strict and hungry for promotion,den pillion will cnfirm kena too....

YAMAHA spark135 '07 - present

HONDA S4 '08 - present

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi, new rider here, I was just wondering if those helmets with the mini flip down dark visor are legal? Was looking at the nolan ones.

Me thinks that one can consider legal ba... acts like sunglasses ma...

Own opinion... Kana saman dun come looking for me ar!:cheeky:

~It's Not About Winning, It's About Giving Your Best~

• 4 weeks later...

sorry bros, i know this is a bit off topic, but i recently got back to riding aft 2 years, and thinking of changing my clear visor (OGK plain black ff bought from ah boy for $200+ last time. sorry ah, not trying to show off, no offence, i only state cos i dunno the model, forgot liao..)

how much to change a new one? and from where? price range?

thanks for replying.. sorry for going off topic once again!

[ :: w h i t e f a n g :: ]

for the love of the game, and the ride..

wad i really dun understand is dat isn't wearing shades or sunglasses d same as wearing tinted visors? i mean, ur eyes look thru the visors, n ur eyes also look thru d shades.

if they wanna argue abt visability, well i can bet dat some of d shades are 110% fully tinted. i'm refering to those totally black shades.

so wats d point? are'nt both of these applies the same function? looking thru a coloured field of vision?

sum more visors help to protect from particles hitting ur face.

if any TPs in d forum reading this. u might wanna consider voicing out to ur higher authorities.

Jεήgσ™ : |l|l|ll| With great power comes great responsibilities.Think safe, ride safe |ll|l|l|

• 1 month later...

hmm..regarding the psb sticker issues, so i assume, i cannot go overseas and buy helmets to come back and use? i'm in thailand now and i see pretty nice FF helms...but i'm not sure bring home will kena anything or not..

世界å¯ä»¥ä¹±ï¼Œä½†å¤´å‘ä¸èƒ½ä¹±ã€‚

The world can be in chaos, but your hair cannot.

wad i really dun understand is dat isn't wearing shades or sunglasses d same as wearing tinted visors? i mean, ur eyes look thru the visors, n ur eyes also look thru d shades.

if they wanna argue abt visability, well i can bet dat some of d shades are 110% fully tinted. i'm refering to those totally black shades.

so wats d point? are'nt both of these applies the same function? looking thru a coloured field of vision?

sum more visors help to protect from particles hitting ur face.

if any TPs in d forum reading this. u might wanna consider voicing out to ur higher authorities.

from what I believe, the police don't allow fully tinted visors is because they want to see your face, just in case you are a suspicious looking person (not accusing anyone, just stating an example)

by wearing a sunglasses, they can at least see some features of your face, your nose for example if you are wearing a full face. and not all sunglasses hide your eyes from view, some are just tinted lenses and people still can see your eyes.

hmm..regarding the psb sticker issues, so i assume, i cannot go overseas and buy helmets to come back and use? i'm in thailand now and i see pretty nice FF helms...but i'm not sure bring home will kena anything or not..

just to let you know, if TP caught you using a helmet with no PSB sticker, they CAN fine you.

but if you are wearing a full face, and probably some well-known brand, some TP will close one eye. because they understand that your helmet is a good one.

read the following qoute:

I will pay the $30 summons then wear a cheap $40 helmet with a PSB sticker.

My head costs more than that.

Anyway, I have been wearing full face helmets that do not have PSB stickers for years and currently have 2 IXS full face which do not have the PSB sticker.

As long as the helmet is Snell Foundation and DOT approved I will wear it.

If got Snell, DOT and PSB sticker... I will wear. If got PSB sticker only... I will not wear.

The Snell and DOT endorsement is recognised worldwide as a benchmark standard for safety helmets.

PSB got world wide recognition meh??? Decide for yourselves.

very well said :)

eh ask u all ar, if i waer fullface helmet but i take out the visor is it illegal? hwo about taking off the visor and wear a fully reflected goggles, also illegal ar

http://i44.tinypic.com/54c3gg.gif

eh ask u all ar, if i waer fullface helmet but i take out the visor is it illegal? hwo about taking off the visor and wear a fully reflected goggles, also illegal ar

Don't think its illegal...I know tainted visor is ...

15-9-08 = 2B

16-9-08= Yamaha Spark RR135

• 2 weeks later...

i just got fined $50 last week wearing dark visor. Its my second time, but i will still continue to wear it. Reason being..

- the dark visor helps protect from the glaring sun in the day

- at night, it protects from ultra bright headlights which is potentially blinding.

- Sunglasses is not comfortable to me.

The theory of 'suspicious person' doesnt make sense to me at all, If that's the case, what about riding at night? Don't wear helmet ah

The visor i'm using has 30% light transmittance and i think thats very reasonable. To sum up, this regulation should be removed and give riders additional comfort on the road.

Just my personal opinion...

'(Irrelevant)Rules are made to be broken?'