SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Driving Riders TCSS Corner HERE!

jB

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm no expert in the aspect of chemistry. But the manufacturers don't segregate their products to satisfy different purpose without reason. And being laymen, i think we shouldn't overestimate our limitations by establishing our own standards based on superstition & ignorance.

But of course everyone is entitled to their opinions. It may not reflect immediately or significantly but reaping the fruits of their sow is nothing extraordinary. Seeking the manufacturers' recommendation is advisable.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/arakyo/16012011003.jpg

Do Not Tailgate Me!

Since you seem to be more or less reduced to near being a pauper, I have 4L of synthetic engine oil SAE5W40 from Hamburg Germany in my office. Specification covers mainly German ( stated BMW Performance, Porsche, VW, MB) and Japanese (stated Daihatsu, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota) cars. API SL/CF(EC) ACEA A3/B3/B4

You can have it if you want. My predecessor left it here. I will discard it if nobody wants it. Replace it with your engine oil filter. But take note I only have 4L. And it is not recommended to mix engine oil. So if your needs exceed 4L, then you're better off buying something else.

I'm not down to such a state dude, but trying to get a decent change for my budget and not to harm the car while at it. Might consider it and also along with my K&N + Stock spark plugs let some free lancer do the change for me maybe.

included, oil + labour + oil filter.

another one is stamford tires, got free balancing with oil change.

Sounds good at Stamford hmm..

kena from ubi or the batok side? so far ok for me, i go there to change becoz free labour with members card but use own oil and filter. But i stand beside them from start to end :cheeky:

How to get members card? :S

Anyway, why ain't you going back to C&C?

I thought they are quite strict about servicing and usually will void warrenty.

Long waiting hours, the last I went was 5 hours and 4 hours was parked there. I'm only worried about engine warranty, the rest are nothing much I guess. Unless I can stay stock all the way :giddy:

I'm no expert in the aspect of chemistry. But the manufacturers don't segregate their products to satisfy different purpose without reason. And being laymen, i think we shouldn't overestimate our limitations by establishing our own standards based on superstition & ignorance.

But of course everyone is entitled to their opinions. It may not reflect immediately or significantly but reaping the fruits of their sow is nothing extraordinary. Seeking the manufacturers' recommendation is advisable.

what EO are you using yourself?

I'm not down to such a state dude, but trying to get a decent change for my budget and not to harm the car while at it. Might consider it and also along with my K&N + Stock spark plugs let some free lancer do the change for me maybe. Sounds good at Stamford hmm..

How to get members card? :S Long waiting hours, the last I went was 5 hours and 4 hours was parked there. I'm only worried about engine warranty, the rest are nothing much I guess. Unless I can stay stock all the way :giddy:

what EO are you using yourself?

If you want the engine oil. I will keep it by the side. I need to do some cleaning up at my table and discard all that I don't need anymore. These 4 bottles of engine oil is in the list.

I'm using Castrol. The one recommended by the factory. It serves me well for the roads up to PJ and for the track in PG. Engine oil is more or less a matured product. Just don't use something not meant for the engine, the car should be fine.

I have a database capable of checking up all the registered after market parts available in the world even for your car. If you want to find out about the part numbers for your car just let me know.

Do Not Tailgate Me!

hehe your side got any engine oil pros to correct us mah? i'm very curious abt that. And even in other forums, people can claim mix bike and car EO and driven for a long time without any problems.

:cool:

hehe your side got any engine oil pros to correct us mah? i'm very curious abt that. And even in other forums, people can claim mix bike and car EO and driven for a long time without any problems.

The reply I got from Castrol UK.

In theory you can mix Motorcycle products and car products but Iwouldn't really recommend it. Oils today meet many different specification, many designed specificallyfor certain engines, and you need to be careful that the manufacturersspecifications are adhered to. For example, most recent VW engines need a specific VW specification oil- VW 504 00 / 507 00 and this is a special formulation / set of testsdesigned specifically for VW to allow their engines to run extended oildrain intervals, and produce the best in terms of economy and protection- this would then require the use of an oil that meets thesespecifications - ie EDGE 5W-30. If you were to decide to use Power 1Racing in a VW that needed the 504 00 / 507 00 spec oil - the Power 1would not meet any of the specifications or requirements so would not besuitable at all and could result in engine damage. On the other hand, if you have an old car that will run quite happily ona 10W-40 Magnatec, then you could in theory use the Power 1 Racing10W-40 to supplement I, but again, the Power 1 Racing is specificallydesigned for motorcycle engines so the formulation will be gearedtowards the needs of a motorcycle engine. I would suggest using an oil designed and carrying the correctspecifications for the engine you are putting it in.

Kind regards

Andy Griffin

Automotive Lubricants Technical Advisor

http://www.castrol.com/uk

Please consider the environment before printing this eMail Link to Castrolindex.com + Castrol FIFA 2010 ™ Logo CASTROL, The Castrol Logo and IT'S MORE THAN JUST OIL IT'S LIQUIDENGINEERING are protected by trade marks, copyright and/or design. Allrights reserved.The FIFATM official logo is protected by trademarks, copyright and/ordesign. All rights reserved The information contained in this electronic transmission may beconfidential and/or privileged. Access to this electronic transmissionby anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is unauthorised. If youhave received it in error please notify the sender immediately. Pleasethen delete the e-mail and do not disclose its contents to any person.Within the bounds of law electronic transmissions through internal andexternal networks may be monitored to ensure compliance with internalpolicies and legitimate businesses purposes. Lubricants UK Limited, a company registered in England and Wales withthe company number 97216 and VAT Number GB 243 5105 93 and whoseregistered office is Chertsey Road, Sunbury on Thames, Middlesex, TW167BP

My question

A car owner recently made claims that he can mixEngine oil designated for car engine with motorcycle engine oil withoutproblems. I'd like to verify if such can be achieved. For examplefilling CASTROL POWER 1 RACING 4T 10w40 into VW Engine code: BLG (VW1.4TSI 125kW 4zyl inline Twin charged engine) previously using CASTROLEdge Sport 0w40. Thank you.

Do Not Tailgate Me!

kena from ubi or the batok side? so far ok for me, i go there to change becoz free labour with members card but use own oil and filter. But i stand beside them from start to end :cheeky:

from Ubi..

they provide free labour if u bring you own oil?? just because you had the member's card??

hmmm..

i just filled up the application form at counter, is free anyway.

Thank you for your recommendation again brudder! :D

If you want the engine oil. I will keep it by the side. I need to do some cleaning up at my table and discard all that I don't need anymore. These 4 bottles of engine oil is in the list.

I'm using Castrol. The one recommended by the factory. It serves me well for the roads up to PJ and for the track in PG. Engine oil is more or less a matured product. Just don't use something not meant for the engine, the car should be fine.

I have a database capable of checking up all the registered after market parts available in the world even for your car. If you want to find out about the part numbers for your car just let me know.

Taken! I'd like to know some recommended changes I can make to my car like EO,air filter, recommended tyre pressure(car stix states 210kpa). Thanks dude! Am getting my K&N air filter tomorrow from my friend :thumb:

Thank you for your recommendation again brudder! :D Taken! I'd like to know some recommended changes I can make to my car like EO,air filter, recommended tyre pressure(car stix states 210kpa). Thanks dude! Am getting my K&N air filter tomorrow from my friend :thumb:

What is your engine code?

16" @ 210kpa?

That's about 30PSI. I think that's quite OK for his car.

Do Not Tailgate Me!

A very simple mathematical calculation

If approx 248kPa = 36PSI

210kPa/248kPa = xPSI/36PSI

36(210) = 248xPSI

7560/248 = xPSI

approx 30PSI = x

Do Not Tailgate Me!

16" @ 210kpa?

15" non low profile :(

What is your engine code?

That's about 30PSI. I think that's quite OK for his car.

Have to check my workshop manual first. ;) Found it online but haven't flipped thru thoroughly :cheeky:

ya is ok @ 16". i forgot wat size he running on hehe

Skarli I change to 17" :cheeky:

Fantastic cars, you guys have bikes too right?

I suppose so. Everyone here who owns a car should also own a bike too. Likely.

Do Not Tailgate Me!

I think it may seem rather eleventh hour. But anyone interested to come out for coffee today?

Do Not Tailgate Me!

Dinner? :hungry:

Regrettably, i've eaten.

Time to reduce myself into a wasted pathetic slave for a loathed organisation. I want to remain concealed from those who can forfeit my freedom for the coming week.

When time crawls, it dreads. Scheiße.. fick dich... SAF!

Do Not Tailgate Me!

nice signature..

Thanks got that throug my intern from Germany.

Tomorrow is Monday. Maybe we can come out for ice cream at Dempsey.

Do Not Tailgate Me!

Yeah man, when I feel like my car tank empty, I take bike. LOL!

You can top up your tank on the evening before you go dry.

Do Not Tailgate Me!