SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Driving Riders TCSS Corner HERE!

jB

anyone know any shops that carry D2 suspensions??

Ohlins costs abt $2.4k for my Swift.. a bit too ex for me too..

some more I looking for height adjustable ones.. should be the highest end model..

dun really trust Taiwan ones leh.. but if really budget constrains, may get a more reputable one..

TEIN got one model that had a in board computer one.. is only compression and rebound adjustable, not height right?

just asking how much is this model costs?

i guess if wanna adjust ride height only can go for Air Bombers!!! then also needa install a CO2 gas tank at the back of car machiam CNG..

for tein yes u got it right, other brands that has the same function is cusco.

D2 is so-so for me in my previous car, not my cup of tea. $2.4k is ok man, for big brands like ohlins but problem is cannot service. Once age come thats it.

:cool:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah saw tht a few days back... thts e product n service by niteconceptz :)

oh ya ian, regarding the scanner light. did i told u soh bros have it? SLT i went that day during cny but the shop u mention was closed so no idea on pricing

oh ya saw ur post in SCS white scanner white if i recall wht u mention at the other forum. :) likely to contact the niteconceptz dave to as for a quote on customize after my exam.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h10/WesT_Spec-1/DSC00090-1.jpghttp://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h10/WesT_Spec-1/WESTSPEC.jpg

The Light Began to dim.. Music Fading out.. I Begin to Miss You

......................The Visual Cycle..........................

i'm using Taiwan brandless springs with my Monroes..

very tempted to buy back Monroes from Suzuki.. but a new set cost abt $800..

will scout around for different brands..

anyone know which brand got service workshop in SG?

Do you know what's the part number for your springs and dampers?

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/arakyo/16012011003.jpg

Do Not Tailgate Me!

oh ya ian, regarding the scanner light. did i told u soh bros have it? SLT i went that day during cny but the shop u mention was closed so no idea on pricing

where is soh bros?

I was beside them doing my meter light :cheeky:

oh ya saw ur post in SCS white scanner white if i recall wht u mention at the other forum. :) likely to contact the niteconceptz dave to as for a quote on customize after my exam.

hehe coz i forgot if i did mention to you regarding soh bros, anyway if u going there to do i can walk over and talk to him regarding the price.

waseh so near :lol: I'm getting a K&N Drop in for long term usage from 10k km mileage onwards :D and also engine oil.. What you guys think of Idemitsu? or what about Motorbike's EO to be used for cars? :confused:

waseh so near :lol: I'm getting a K&N Drop in for long term usage from 10k km mileage onwards :D and also engine oil.. What you guys think of Idemitsu? or what about Motorbike's EO to be used for cars? :confused:

can, i got friends using bikes oil on car and he still haven break down. Although addictives may be different but no idea how long of useage then will breakdown or will breakdown anot is another ? for me.

K&N as usual the maintenance will be quite a hazzard, i think blitz drop in is better as compared.

Idemitsu EO, you mean autobacs package? decent EO for NA non-performance, value for money as compared to bigger brands (you paid wat u get). 40visco should be more than enuff for your car.

Am thinking of bike's oil, cheaper alternative :cheeky: Lets see what MS or someone has to say..

K&N seems like many prefer this, although the oiling may be troublesome and problem causing. I'm getting a new one for $50 from friend to test first.

Idemitsu I can find from another friend for $65 for 4L, not sure with installation or not.

really? I go check it out first.. www.autobacs.com.sg

wa really, not bad. Can try it out ;) I wonder if Labour is incl or not..

Edited by jB

Do you know what's the part number for your springs and dampers?

i dun really know.. you can check prices?

really? I go check it out first.. www.autobacs.com.sg

just a note.. do a self check on your car after you service from AB..

got a swift forumer kena big time, oil cap not capped back and whole engine bay coated with oil..

got a swift forumer kena big time, oil cap not capped back and whole engine bay coated with oil..

Some of the more common causes that led to problems after modifications to the suspensions systems are:

(1) Wrong part number

(2) Wrong installation tools/methods

A very sad fact that workshops don't care whether the component is the right part number designated for the application. We cannot blame the workshops as if for whatever reasons like 'no stock', 'no part available' after ransacking all the brands, the workshop will get the 'next most suitable/available' part. Otherwise they will lose the sales. The sad fact is that in this world of automotive parts, there is no such thing as '2nd most suitable part' even if the component can fit. The warranty of the component is immediately voided.

good luck, I sincerely hope the workshop did not install your springs or dampers by getting the 'next most suitable'. By the way which swift are you driving. I may have the part number for you from authorised sources.

While workshops try their best to do a good job, we cannot deny that they are also run by humans who err. Anyone can make mistakes. What I suggest is that when the car is out, check over the parts the workshop will most likely touch. If you don't know, get the SA to explain personally and show you the parts done. This is why going to agents is something I find to be abhorred. They forbid the customers from witnessing the actual process and this create doubts.

Am thinking of bike's oil, cheaper alternative :cheeky: Lets see what MS or someone has to say..K&N seems like many prefer this, although the oiling may be troublesome and problem causing. I'm getting a new one for $50 from friend to test first. Idemitsu I can find from another friend for $65 for 4L, not sure with installation or not.

Motorcycle engine oil is different from car engine oil. Both are not inter-changeable. The motorcycle engine oil lubricates and cool not only the engine, it also course through the gearbox and clutches. Your car runs on a dry clutch which does not require the Engine oil to operate. Neither does your manual gearbox. Your engine oil runs solely for your engine and thus possess a different category of addictive. Stick to the engine oil recommended for your car. Since you seem to be more or less reduced to near being a pauper, I have 4L of synthetic engine oil SAE5W40 from Hamburg Germany in my office. Specification covers mainly German ( stated BMW Performance, Porsche, VW, MB) and Japanese (stated Daihatsu, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota) cars. API SL/CF(EC) ACEA A3/B3/B4

You can have it if you want. My predecessor left it here. I will discard it if nobody wants it. Replace it with your engine oil filter. But take note I only have 4L. And it is not recommended to mix engine oil. So if your needs exceed 4L, then you're better off buying something else.

Edited by MS

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/arakyo/16012011003.jpg

Do Not Tailgate Me!

Some of the more common causes that led to problems after modifications to the suspensions systems are:

(1) Wrong part number

(2) Wrong installation tools/methods

A very sad fact that workshops don't care whether the component is the right part number designated for the application. We cannot blame the workshops as if for whatever reasons like 'no stock', 'no part available' after ransacking all the brands, the workshop will get the 'next most suitable/available' part. Otherwise they will lose the sales. The sad fact is that in this world of automotive parts, there is no such thing as '2nd most suitable part' even if the component can fit. The warranty of the component is immediately voided.

good luck, I sincerely hope the workshop did not install your springs or dampers by getting the 'next most suitable'. By the way which swift are you driving. I may have the part number for you from authorised sources.

While workshops try their best to do a good job, we cannot deny that they are also run by humans who err. Anyone can make mistakes. What I suggest is that when the car is out, check over the parts the workshop will most likely touch. If you don't know, get the SA to explain personally and show you the parts done. This is why going to agents is something I find to be abhorred. They forbid the customers from witnessing the actual process and this create doubts.

Motorcycle engine oil is different from car engine oil. Both are not inter-changeable. The motorcycle engine oil lubricates and cool not only the engine, it also course through the gearbox and clutches. Your car runs on a dry clutch which does not require the Engine oil to operate. Neither does your manual gearbox. Your engine oil runs solely for your engine and thus possess a different category of addictive. Stick to the engine oil recommended for your car. Since you seem to be more or less reduced to near being a pauper, I have 4L of synthetic engine oil SAE5W40 from Hamburg Germany in my office. Specification covers mainly German ( stated BMW Performance, Porsche, VW, MB) and Japanese (stated Daihatsu, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota) cars. API SL/CF(EC) ACEA A3/B3/B4

You can have it if you want. My predecessor left it here. I will discard it if nobody wants it. Replace it with your engine oil filter. But take note I only have 4L. And it is not recommended to mix engine oil. So if your needs exceed 4L, then you're better off buying something else.

But why my friend is still driving as normal with a No.6 turbo somemore. Is yet to breakdown or it wun breakdown? Please dun ask me y the dude use bike oil, i totally have no idea :lol:

kena from ubi or the batok side? so far ok for me, i go there to change becoz free labour with members card but use own oil and filter. But i stand beside them from start to end :cheeky:

Am thinking of bike's oil, cheaper alternative :cheeky: Lets see what MS or someone has to say..

My car's engine oil is much cheaper than my bike's.

bike's engine oil costs me $26 per litre. (Motul)

car's engine oil only $18 per quart. (Amsoil Signature series)

All fully synthetic.

It's best not to mix.

Motorcycle's oil usually have a thicker viscosity and are made to withstand higher temperature.

I have a friend who used car's oil in his bike to save $$$.

In the end, his clutch keep slipping.

I believe the additives and friction modifiers etc are different for car/bike application.

Anyway, why ain't you going back to C&C?

I thought they are quite strict about servicing and usually will void warrenty.

Slow down abit, smell the air and enjoy the scenery.

Caught the touring bug once again!

http://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/img/sport_comparo_lg.jpg