SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Club Yamaha XJR 400/1300 (Singapore)

policehunter

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a thought, micron, akrapovic, fmf, yoshimura, arrow & GPR.

Any of these above mentioned pipes fit the XJR? Anyone tried before?

these is one qn that XJRers have been looking for answers...

i used an illegal-modified Yoshimura a year back...until the law catch up with me....

I think the closest to our 'unique' end can is Honda Revo's pipe...it kinda look similiar in size & theory...but cannot be confirm as no Revo rider have been found near the vicinity of XJR...if you know what i mean...sigh...

1997 - Yamaha RXZ (Jap Model), 1999 - Yamaha TZM150, 2000 - Yamaha RXS115, 2001 - Honda Wave 125S, 2002 - Yamaha 125Z, 2004 - 2011 Yamaha XJR400RR Redbull Theme, 2005 - Spark Z110, 2006 - Kawasaki KRR150, 2009 - Suzuki Bandit 400, 2010 - Suzuki GSXR400R(project cannibalism), 2011 - Suzuki Hayabusa Gen 1 White Motul Theme, 2012 - Suzuki K6 1K & RZ350LC *lead XJR Sgp since 2007 - 2012*

This may sound very technical and 'so the' physics science experiment, but I feel that this is a real-world test, as opposed to looking up on the Internet and reading technical specs from manufacturer's websites (which anyone with the IQ of a 'mat rape' can do).... :thumb:

(A Community Message from Biker, for Bikers: "Please Be Responsible: Assess the road conditions and the presence of any law-enforcement vehicles or officers before conducting any speed tests" :cheeky:)

Now, the test is simple:

1. Sprint from rest (0km/h) to 100km/h from one traffic light to the other.

2. Take the time taken to reach 100km/h.

Here are the results from my Fighting Spirits:

0-80km/h - approximately 10secs

0-100km/h - approximately 15secs

Based on the above readings, using the formula below, the average acceleration on my bike is roughly:

Acceleration = (Final Speed - Initial Speed) / Time Taken

*The units must be in m/s, therefore

100km/h = 1.7km/min = 1700m/min = 28.33 m/s

(100km/h - 0km/h) / 15s = (28.33 m/s - 0 m/s) / 15s

*My Fighting Spirits' Acceleration = 1.9 m/s2*

The reason why I did this is to create a simple, standardised measurement for us to calculate the pickup of ur bike without putting ourselves in unnecessary risk (racing with high testerone, low-IQ bikers)

But then again, u can head down to Dynojet anytime to test ur bike in a safe, controlled environment... As for me, I just loved the thrill of speeding off at a traffic light junction and seeing the RXZs and 'kapcai's, and sometimes, a couple of Honda S*p*r4s trailing waaaaaaay behind.... :cool:

Edited by BoyBulance

Some riders fail to realise that we don't belong in the same Class....

We don't need to make ANY effort to attract attention on the roads." - a CHOSEN ONE

I spoke to an FJR rider yesterday, and he said that his fuel consumption (FC) is rather high, at about 16 km/l.... That's the same as MINE!!!!

So, I did another fuel consumption test last night in JB... I rode at top speed, an average of about 140km/h, non-stop, slowing down at certain areas, from Gelang Patah to JB Central...

Within the city area, I just opened throttle and rode as fast as I could (like a madman)...

In all, I covered a distance of 48km exactly...

Fuel consumption: 3 litres EXACTLY

Using basic maths: 48/3 = 16 KM/LITRE!!!!!

Based on the results, I can therefore come to a conclusion that no matter how fast or how slow I ride my XJR Fighting Spirits, FC is still approximately

16km/l... This means that my bike is meant to RUN LIKE MAD!!!!!

....and guzzles petrol like an FJR....

We don't need to make ANY effort to attract attention on the roads." - a CHOSEN ONE

.....I'm still not satisfied with my bike's FC.... Even discussed with my girlfriend about selling it off and buying a Class 2 bike... An FJR or ST or just a bigger cc bike with similar FC....

Dats when I had a revelation (bulb lights up!!!)

I'm going to compare the two bikes (Super4 VerS and XJR Fighting Spirits)!!!!

I'm gonna use hard figures obtained from MY OWN USAGE, MY OWN riding style and not on heresay or what-other-people's-FC is like....

Let's start:

Super 4 Ver S

XJR

Main tank capacity (excl reserve)*

17 litres

15 litres

Distance covered**

320 km

240 km

FC (dist/tank cap)

18.8 km/litre

16 km/litre

*petrol used is the same: Petronas' Primax 3

** distance covered before using reserve tank

VOILA!!!!!!! Not much difference what.... I really don't know how the uncle-uncles and 'mat rapes' derive their 25km/litre from... (maybe they mix petrol and water/cooking oil??? But then again, maybe their standard of Maths is waaaay higher than mine?)

Now the conclusion:

1 litre petrol: RM1.80

Engine oil: 2 litres ONLY

XJR's bigger size, better handling,

excellent pickup and rider's and pillion's comfort,

plus the rarity and uniqueness of the bike: worth the 2.8km lost per litre

Very happy with the bike and

no longer complaining about FC: PRICELESS :angel:

Edited by BoyBulance

.....I'm still not satisfied with my bike's FC.... Even discussed with my girlfriend about selling it off and buying a Class 2 bike... An FJR or ST or just a bigger cc bike with similar FC....

Dats when I had a revelation (bulb lights up!!!)

I'm going to compare the two bikes (Super4 VerS and XJR Fighting Spirits)!!!!

I'm gonna use hard figures obtained from MY OWN USAGE, MY OWN riding style and not on heresay or what-other-people's-FC is like....

Let's start:

Super 4 Ver S

XJR

Main tank capacity (excl reserve)*

17 litres

15 litres

Distance covered**

320 km

240 km

FC (dist/tank cap)

18.8 km/litre

16 km/litre

*petrol used is the same: Petronas' Primax 3

** distance covered before using reserve tank

VOILA!!!!!!! Not much difference what.... I really don't know how the uncle-uncles and 'mat rapes' derive their 25km/litre from... (maybe they mix petrol and water/cooking oil??? But then again, maybe their standard of Maths is waaaay higher than mine?)

Now the conclusion:

1 litre petrol: RM1.80

Engine oil: 2 litres ONLY

XJR's bigger size, better handling,

excellent pickup and rider's and pillion's comfort,

plus the rarity and uniqueness of the bike: worth the 2.8km lost per litre

Very happy with the bike and

no longer complaining about FC: PRICELESS :angel:

finally, a rest for the ears!

cheers bro! :thumb:

1997 - Yamaha RXZ (Jap Model), 1999 - Yamaha TZM150, 2000 - Yamaha RXS115, 2001 - Honda Wave 125S, 2002 - Yamaha 125Z, 2004 - 2011 Yamaha XJR400RR Redbull Theme, 2005 - Spark Z110, 2006 - Kawasaki KRR150, 2009 - Suzuki Bandit 400, 2010 - Suzuki GSXR400R(project cannibalism), 2011 - Suzuki Hayabusa Gen 1 White Motul Theme, 2012 - Suzuki K6 1K & RZ350LC *lead XJR Sgp since 2007 - 2012*

So, tonight how? Workshop open or not? Can overnight at workshop? Or u working tomorrow?

today workshop close lah bro...

BOWIE not coming today..maybe Saturday nitelah...:angel:

As promised, my Yamaha Fighting Spirits is already in the 1st stage of modifications - as seen on my Avatar

Currently, it looks very similar to my previous Version S

However, for the new 'Yamaha XJR MEDIC version', advanced mods to be done:

1. Change to bigger side panniers - possibly the H&B or Givi side boxes

2. Change to bigger document tail box

3. Change side mirrors to Diversion 900 'squarish type'

4. Vehicle to be identified as 'STAFF NURSE' and ambulance livery

5. Upgrade in-vehicle first aid kit to BCLS standard - AirViva to be considered

6. Install LED flashing lights

7. Install crash bars

8. Install Strobe lights (need to request for approval - most probably denied)

9. Install Sirens (need to request for approval - most probably denied)

10. Whatever other crazy ideas that comes to mind :cheeky:

P.S: After advanced mods to Yamaha XJR Fighting Spirits done, hopefully by then i'd have acquired my Class 2... Then I'll sell my XJR 'Medic Version'.... N start a new projek - Yamaha Diversion AMBULANCE version.... That'll be my ULTIMATE DREAM..... :pray:

What's the point of modding your fighting spirit if you know that you will swap it for a diversion?

It's like studying for Maths when the testing subject is Science.

:lol::lol::lol:

anyone for supper/dinner tonite? buzz me okies...roger & out!

This may sound very technical and 'so the' physics science experiment, but I feel that this is a real-world test, as opposed to looking up on the Internet and reading technical specs from manufacturer's websites (which anyone with the IQ of a 'mat rape' can do).... :thumb:

(A Community Message from Biker, for Bikers: "Please Be Responsible: Assess the road conditions and the presence of any law-enforcement vehicles or officers before conducting any speed tests" :cheeky:)

Now, the test is simple:

1. Sprint from rest (0km/h) to 100km/h from one traffic light to the other.

2. Take the time taken to reach 100km/h.

Here are the results from my Fighting Spirits:

0-80km/h - approximately 10secs

0-100km/h - approximately 15secs

Based on the above readings, using the formula below, the average acceleration on my bike is roughly:

Acceleration = (Final Speed - Initial Speed) / Time Taken

*The units must be in m/s, therefore

(100km/h - 0km/h) / 15s = (28.33 m/s - 0 m/s) / 15s

*My Fighting Spirits' Acceleration = 1.9 m/s2*

The reason why I did this is to create a simple, standardised measurement for us to calculate the pickup of ur bike without putting ourselves in unnecessary risk (racing with high testerone, low-IQ bikers)

But then again, u can head down to Dynojet anytime to test ur bike in a safe, controlled environment... As for me, I just loved the thrill of speeding off at a traffic light junction and seeing the RXZs and 'kapcai's, and sometimes, a couple of Honda S*p*r4s trailing waaaaaaay behind.... :cool:

Hi Azhar,

Was considering of using your formula but it doesn't make sense, perhaps you can enlignten me since it's your formula.

If the key outcome is to measure Accerleration(Speed) then it should be distance travelled divided by time taken to cover that distance. But your formula states 'Final Speed - Initial Speed / Time Taken'. So lets say we omit calculating distance and take readings from 'Final Speed', then how do you define 'Final Speed' and what is 'Initial Speed and how do you first calculate that to fit it in the equation? Is final speed the maximum turn on the throttle at 6th gear? And if it is so then I'll be travelling way more than 100km/h and would have gone past quite a few traffic stops.

I think its paramount that you also state the variables that can change or affect the final readings ie.. the static traction from tyres, total weight of on full tank? Because unlike others we're carrying 20L which is a fair amount of laden weight, direction of wind and many other factors.

Secondly please help me understand this equation:

Because in layman's term you have just equated that 100km/h is the same as 1.7km per minute which is also the same as 1700/min and also the same as 28.33m/s.

Give me a buzz if you must, I'm quite keen to understand it.

Morning Brothers & Fellow XJRers

My ph is at it again....

its nutz i think...

i gotten all your yesterdays' msgs only this morning....

My personal apologies to; BOWIE & Boybulance.....

My ph died on me again...:cry:

Morning Brothers & Fellow XJRers

My ph is at it again....

its nutz i think...

i gotten all your yesterdays' msgs only this morning....

My personal apologies to; BOWIE & Boybulance.....

My ph died on me again...:cry:

Nah don't worry about it, my e71 does this to me all the time. I totally understand.

Nah don't worry about it, my e71 does this to me all the time. I totally understand.

somehow....i kinda feel that... sounded abit funny leh :p o_O there goes my plan to get myself a e71...:faint:

somehow....i kinda feel that... sounded abit funny leh :p o_O there goes my plan to get myself a e71...:faint:

Nah don't worry about it, it seems like this applies only to all the white e71s. The full black and grey models are fine.

Have you guys seen the XJ6 at Hong Leong?

It was featured on Motor Culture Mag.

But it's website has yet to update on it.

i kinda hate the XJ6...it looked ugly...so similiar to fazer6...

Nah don't worry about it, it seems like this applies only to all the white e71s. The full black and grey models are fine.

i kinda like the white one...:angel:

Hi Azhar,

Was considering of using your formula but it doesn't make sense, perhaps you can enlignten me since it's your formula.

If the key outcome is to measure Accerleration(Speed) then it should be distance travelled divided by time taken to cover that distance. But your formula states 'Final Speed - Initial Speed / Time Taken'. So lets say we omit calculating distance and take readings from 'Final Speed', then how do you define 'Final Speed' and what is 'Initial Speed and how do you first calculate that to fit it in the equation? Is final speed the maximum turn on the throttle at 6th gear? And if it is so then I'll be travelling way more than 100km/h and would have gone past quite a few traffic stops.

I think its paramount that you also state the variables that can change or affect the final readings ie.. the static traction from tyres, total weight of on full tank? Because unlike others we're carrying 20L which is a fair amount of laden weight, direction of wind and many other factors.

Secondly please help me understand this equation:

Because in layman's term you have just equated that 100km/h is the same as 1.7km per minute which is also the same as 1700/min and also the same as 28.33m/s.

Give me a buzz if you must, I'm quite keen to understand it.

ok 1st.... "distance travelled divided by time taken to cover that distance" ==> distance divided by time will equate to speed, which will clearly reflect on the speedo.

however, to calculate ACCELERATION, u'll need a final speed minus the stationary speed over the time taken to achieve the final speed... in this case, how LONG it takes in SECONDS to reach a final speed of 100km/h from a complete stop.

2nd, "Is final speed the maximum turn on the throttle at 6th gear? And if it is so then I'll be travelling way more than 100km/h and would have gone past quite a few traffic stops" ==> it doesn't matter which gear u're in, what we're calculating is, how LONG you take to reach a speed of 100km/h... As long as u reach 100km/h, record the time taken, and please, close throttle... I don't wish for anyone to get in trouble with the law... It's just a science experiment. Reference: You know when u read car magazines, they say e.g: Lambo Diablo takes 5s to reach 100km/h from a complete stop? So, that's exactly what I'm trying to achieve with this simple experiment.

3rdly, "I think its paramount that you also state the variables that can change or affect the final readings" ==> for this, it is YOUR bike, so we're just calculating the acceleration of YOUR bike... So, if u put turbo, modified engine, etc... it doesn't matter... After all, u r calculating UR OWN bike... We r juz trying to measure "How long does ur bike take to reach 100km/h from a complete stop?" so, in other words, if u feel that testing the bike on reserve will cut the time taken, by all means... it doesn't really matter... the acceleration value u obtain juz makes u understand / know ur bike's capability better. Eg: u obtain an acceleration value of 1m/s2 (metre per second squared) on reserve tank... So, u'll know that it'll take a longer time when u're running on full... then, u might wana do another run on full tank and obtain another reading ---> u'll definitely understand ur bike's performance better..

lastly, the time taken is in seconds, therefore i have conveniently converted 100km/h into 28.33m/s (step-by-step) for ease of calculation.

However, i just realised that the formula may be a bit long-winded, so I have simplified it to this:

100km/h divided by time taken (s)

*Eg, If u obtain a reading of 15s to reach 100km/h, using this new formula 100km/h / 15s = 6.67 km/h/s

this means that ur bike accelerates at a rate of 6.67 km every second...

1st second = 6.67 km/h

2nd second = 13.34 km/h

3s = 20 km/h

9s = 60 km/h

15s = 100 km/h!!!!

I hope this explains in greater detail what I have been trying to achieve in my simple traffic-light sprint test... If u're unsure, feel free to contact me directly.. xjrredbull has my contact number, and we can always discuss this over a cup of coffee or dinner at newton's? hehehe....

FYI: If a Lambo takes 5s to reach 100km/h, that means it takes 1s to hit 20km/h and 3s to hit 60km/h....

And here's the whacker: based on this website, http://www.lamborghiniblog.com/page/5/ it states that the Lambo Diablo GT (1999-2000) takes only 3.9s to hit 100km/h!!!!

What's the point of modding your fighting spirit if you know that you will swap it for a diversion?

u hav a point... after careful consideration, and knowing the trouble that I have to undertake to mod the XJR, I have decided NOT to sell the Fighting Spirit... To ride a rare, unique and one-of-a-kind bike: PRICELESS

u hav a point... after careful consideration, and knowing the trouble that I have to undertake to mod the XJR, I have decided NOT to sell the Fighting Spirit... To ride a rare, unique and one-of-a-kind bike: PRICELESS

Long Live Yamaha XJR!

It's Rare, It's Beautiful, Its a XJR!