• Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Club Yamaha XJR 400/1300 (Singapore)

hi guys...

great seeing all of you so active...

i m seriously considering to get a XJR400 real soon...

any kind souls can share with me more abt the ride?

e.g. frequently faced problems, parts prone to repair, FC?

also on a good estimate of the price tat i shd prepare to pay...

p.s. i rode a S4 verS before and also a gsxr4 before...

thanks alot in advance!

ride safe,

joshli

bro josli,

XJR400R is an ez bike to take care...

with EO at only 2litres...

FC about 20 per litre...

a fuel tank of 20 litres...

one member spoilt his rectifier, magneto & batteries after years on the XJR...

& its also oil-cooled so no need for coolant or overheating worries...

Minus points: Parts are scarce & few...so sometimes we have to order parts from Japan with love...

A member brought a FV plated XJR in December 08 for about $3.8k (Albert Motors)

Another brought FV for $3.3k (private sellor) in February 09

One gotten his hands on Fighting Spirits FS for $1.7k also in February 09 (private sellor)

Hope this helps for you to gauge the market valuations...

Its hard to see two XJRers on the same stretch of road, but here at the Club, you can see not only the XJR400R & the older model, Fighting Spirits, BUT also the monsterous naked XJR1300...We have two of the 13 on board!

Go to our website to know more about us....& drop us a message, okies?

http://yamahaxjrsgp.multiply.com/

We are just a small club of Yamaha XJR from Singapore, with a heart as big as any other, but a bond that we share like no other...:thumb:

XJR is a rare & hard to come by even at big mototiams...

Edited by xjrredbull
information on XJR

1997 - Yamaha RXZ (Jap Model), 1999 - Yamaha TZM150, 2000 - Yamaha RXS115, 2001 - Honda Wave 125S, 2002 - Yamaha 125Z, 2004 - 2011 Yamaha XJR400RR Redbull Theme, 2005 - Spark Z110, 2006 - Kawasaki KRR150, 2009 - Suzuki Bandit 400, 2010 - Suzuki GSXR400R(project cannibalism), 2011 - Suzuki Hayabusa Gen 1 White Motul Theme, 2012 - Suzuki K6 1K & RZ350LC *lead XJR Sgp since 2007 - 2012*

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi guys...

great seeing all of you so active...

i m seriously considering to get a XJR400 real soon...

any kind souls can share with me more abt the ride?

e.g. frequently faced problems, parts prone to repair, FC?

also on a good estimate of the price tat i shd prepare to pay...

p.s. i rode a S4 verS before and also a gsxr4 before...

thanks alot in advance!

ride safe,

joshli

hello bro joshli!!! I'm a new XJRer, coz I sold off my VerS in February to buy my current ride, an XJR400 Fighting Spirits at a bargain of $1.7k.... I cannot compare my XJR with the newer XJRs coz it's an entirely different version... Firstly, my fuel tank is about 18 litres, as compared to the newer 20 litre ones, and my FC is about 15.5 km/l (however, the members say it's high due to the way I ride - e.g high-speed sprints at traffic light junctions, minimum speed limit of 90km/h, etc...)

However, this is what I am able to compare: My XJR comes with OHLINs suspensions, as with all XJRs.... 1st of all, a pair of OHLINs suspensions is more expensive than the S4 SHOWAS ($1600 as compared to SHOWA's $900-$1000).... As generally known by the biking community, OHLINs suspensions provide better shock absorbing qualities as compared to the SHOWAs...

2ndly, handling of the XJR feels lighter, more maneuverable as compared to the S4 VerS. The VerS requires a greater turning radius and feels rather bulky if you try to do a sharp banking maneuver... However, as for the XJR, all you have to do is to see where you want to turn to, 'throw' the bike into the corner and VIOLA!!! u have just experienced an exhilarating sharp cornering....

3rdly, it has better acceleration as compared to the VerS... At traffic light junctions, I had trouble keeping up with the KRs, Gileras and 'kapcai's especially when they sprint off 1st... However, with the XJR, I can still afford to let them move off 1st before zipping past them effortlessly....

4thly, XJRs only use TWO, i repeat, TWO, i repeat again, TWO litres of engine oil as compared to three (VerS) and four (Specs)... This is economical as I service my bike and replace my fully synthetic engine oil every 3-4000 km.. Doing so on the S4s is rather expensive... (However I do understand that most S4 riders 'love' their bikes to the extent that they send for servicing every 3-4 'MONTHS'..)

5th, we are air-cooled, therefore we need not worry about coolants, overheating, etc... Air-cooled bikes are rather hard to find for big bikes (the other that I know of is the YAMAHA XJ900s Diversions)

I have highlighted the Pros of the XJR... To be fair, as I rode on the S4 VerS before, I hold it in high regard.... The Hondas are highly reliable, 10 years, no major problems (just a yearly change of rectifier and battery)... VERY VERY VERY GOOD petrol consumption... 20-22km/l (maybe because it has low acceleration...) And here's the major point.... CB400s are so widely popular as it is the most obvious choice for any Class 2A rider, which further reinforces it's reputation as a "TAXI" motorcycle.... (I mean, it's 'local' parts and accessories are so easily available, as compared to Yamahas which only uses GENUINE parts...)

Last of all, I intended to make my bike to look like a MEDIC bike, so after doing up the bike, I feel that my bike resembles more of a typical CERTIS CISCO patrol bike, simply because they use HONDAs.... Therefore, since the Singapore Traffic Police, Land Transport Authority and numerous other police forces around the world choose the YAMAHAs over the HONDAs, I have since become a fan of YAMAHA bikes..... I intend to upgrade to either the YAMAHA Diversion 900 (my dream bike) or the YAMAHA FJR1300 (my girlfriend's choice)....

Bro, I have a question... why did u change from the VerS and the GSR4? From what I heard, the GSR4 technology is waaaaaaaay advanced than the HONDAs and YAMAHAs....

Some riders fail to realise that we don't belong in the same Class....

We don't need to make ANY effort to attract attention on the roads." - a CHOSEN ONE

hey boybulance. remember u said that xjr chooses its rider? lets see this guy getting an XJR or not.. to add on to wat boybulance say.. DO NOT try with a versionS on mlysia highway. this is based on xperience. on the other we are living in this peaceful country call singapore... so we dun hv to worry so much abt speeding.. cos i'll be there.. hehehe.. i conclude myself by telling u is nice to have another XJR rider on the road. do wave at a white helmet with a chinese character on it & also do give way..hehe...

p.s. btw i' not a T.P.

On 11 Apr 09 last Saturday, during the monthly meetup, a section of the XJR club namely Spanrry, Fightingspirits&demons, happy125 and me were excitedly discussing about plans for upcoming trips... During the discussion, Spanrry suggested that if anyone is free on either Tuesday (14 Apr) or Friday (17 Apr), we could plan for an impromptu 'durian' trip over in JB... I said that me and my girlfriend are free on Tuesday, and so, just like that, a one-day trip event was organised... However, as it is a weekday, we do not expect the rest of the club to be able to make it...

So, the plan was to meet on 14 April 09 (Tue) at 10am Esso Gelang Patah....

We don't need to make ANY effort to attract attention on the roads." - a CHOSEN ONE

*This trip was organised as a forward (recce) party for an upcoming Kukup / Tanjong Piai outing for the XJR club, hopefully a 2-day trip (including an overnight chalet stay) --- with the ultimate aim of eating durians*

Tuesday 14 Apr 08:

The sky was clear, bright and sunny... The perfect weather for a riding trip to neighbouring JB... By 10am, both Spanrry and me were already at Esso Gelang Patah as we had bumped into each other at the Malaysian Immigration....

After topping up petrol (it would be very unwise for any biker to top-up full tank BEFORE entering Malaysia), a couple of poses for the camera, chain-spraying, and we're OFF!!!!!

1st stop: Gelang Patah for breakfast!!!!

SANY0332.jpg

SANY0334.jpg

SANY0335.jpg

A beautiful day.jpg

Edited by BoyBulance

By 10.26am, we have arrived at our destination...

Spanrry had a roti telur with dhal and sambal, and both me and my girlfriend opted for double plain 'roti canai' with sambal.... YUMMM!!!!!

While we were eating, we spent time discussing about the trip that had Spanrry all excited.... The THAILAND trip!!!!!

*whisper whisper* what you are reading right now is inside information... Spanrry is planning a trip waaaaaaay up north hopefully sometime in early January... the original plan was to go up from the eastern side of Malaysia, and enter Thailand from Golok, and ride up to Hatyai, and return back to Singapore via the Western side.... However, after viewing the maps, our dear Mr Foo has figured an even more 'powder'ful, 'bodacious' idea... He plans to go from Hatyai and SHOOT up to Phuket and Koh Sa Mui.... KOH SA MUI!!!!! The ultimate destination for XJRers... After that, we can wait for the Super4s to catch up... hehehehe....

The trip will be planned over 7 days....

Penang (Overnight)--> Hatyai (Overnight)--> Phuket (Overnight)--> *KOH SA MUI!!!* (Overnight)--> Phuket (Overnight)--> Hatyai (Overnight)--> Maybe KL or Seremban or anywhere along the West Coast....

Budget: Between [RM (Ringgit Malaysia) 1500 - 2000 = approx SGD$800-1000] for petrol, food and accommodation

It's the ultimate dream for XJRers to aim for.... Once we can achieve this, everywhere else is nothing....

By then, we realised it's time to set off for Kukup.... So off we go!!!

SANY0343.jpg

Yamaha XJRs.jpg

Edited by BoyBulance

11.30am

Along the way to Kukup, we spotted a Muzium Nanas (Pineapple Museum)... So we made an impromptu stopover to check it out....

There's an RM2 admission charge, however, it was air-conditioned, so it was a good way to cool off... Plus, we were lucky and got to sample home-made pineapple juice... Surprisingly, the juice doesn't have the usual yellow colour we often associate with pineapple juice... In fact, it was rather clear, but it had a distinct pineapple smell... When u sip it, the full flavour of the pineapple hits you... An interesting experience... In the picture, the tour guide gave us some tips on how to prepare the pineapple juice... He also mentions that the museum is a popular stop for tourists before heading off to Kukup...

SANY0346.jpg

SANY0347.jpg

SANY0348.jpg

SANY0365.jpg

Sampling Pineapple Juice.jpg

Edited by BoyBulance

By 12.50pm, we had arrived at Kukup... We had lunch at High King Seafood Restaurant... The waiter explains that the 3 seafood restaurants are owned by Chinese, but had Indonesian chefs and serve Halal food as they serve only seafood... With that, we ordered Sambal Kangkong, Asam Fish (Snapper), Cereal Prawns and Chilli Crabs.... In all, it cost us RM103.10... We felt really full (Spanrry said the amount of food we ordered is meant for FIVE!!), and since the sun was rather high in the sky, we didn't plan to go riding... We made another impromptu plan.... Visit the Fish Farm!!!!

High King Seafood Rest.jpg

cereal prawns.jpg

chilli crab.jpg

SANY0379.jpg

Edited by BoyBulance

2.20pm

The tickets cost RM5 per person for a ride out to the Kelong (Fish Farm)... We left our bikes and helmets in the care of the Restaurant staff while we went for the trip... So not to worry about disappearing bikes, ok?

And here's your host for the trip: http://boybulance.multiply.com/video/item/8

SANY0380.jpg

Spanrry n me1.jpg

Spanrry n me2.jpg

Kelong.jpg

Edited by BoyBulance

2.30pm

Arrival at the Kelong... Here are some pictures.... Garoupa is RM20 per kg... Yes, the Jellyfish is meant for human consumption... That looks like a nurse shark, I think... And the blurred small fish is the puffer fish (ikan buntal)... Here's my favourite... Archer fishes.... The anchovies (ikan bilis) placed on the railing were, 'shot off' by the fishes... And we also got shot at our faces, in the process....Took a video of it, i'll try to direct a link soon...

----> here's the link: http://boybulance.multiply.com/video/item/9

The Kelong.jpg

garoupa.jpg

jellyfish.jpg

shark.jpg

puffer fish.jpg

Archer fishes.jpg

Edited by BoyBulance

At 3pm, we decided to check out the village....

Erm.... The sign says.... erm.... "Super4s NOT Allowed".... :cheeky:

Reminds us of our childhood days....

'5-star' resort toilet.... :p

A view of the village from the top....

S4 not allowed.jpg

kampong days.jpg

toilet.jpg

View from the top.jpg

kampong view.jpg

Edited by BoyBulance

Whoa boy... so this is where u are active at... haha looks like fun!!

hey!!! how are ya? YAP!!! I'm mostly here.... Coz i've been with the XJR Club ever since I rode my Honda Super 4... I was the odd one out at that time... The only Super 4 riding with a club of Yamaha XJRs... :thumb:

We hung around the village until about 4.30pm, when we planned to 'touch-and-go' the Southernmost Tip of Mainland Asia - Tanjong Piai.... If I'm not wrong, the giant leaf represents the Piai leaf, which contributes to the name of the place, Tanjong 'Piai'.

Since we did not go in, as we will need about an hour to trek on foot in the place, I included a sample pic of what to expect when we get to the Southernmost Tip of Mainland Asia...

The highlight of this part of the journey is when we test out a new type of riding, which is considered illegal in Singapore.... "Helmetless Riding through the Kampong" YEEEEHAAAW!!!!!!!

A moment of madness!!!! Helmetless Riding... MUST WATCH!!!!: http://boybulance.multiply.com/video/item/11

tanjong piai1.jpg

tanjong piai2.jpg

sample.jpg

helmetless riderz1.jpg

helmetless riderz2.jpg

Edited by BoyBulance

Next, we proceeded to Tanjong Piai Resort, which is just about 1.5km away from the 'Southernmost Tip'... We wanted to check out the room rates for the chalet... Seems like an overnight for twin-sharing amounts to RM80... Maybe we can plan for something here? By the way, they have a paintball target range (costs 50cents per bullet), we tried it out, but we forgot to take pictures... Bummer....

tanjong piai resort.jpg

tanjong piai resort1.jpg

tanjong piai resort2.jpg

checking rates.jpg

dats spanrry.jpg

Edited by BoyBulance

For the last part of the journey, we used the longer route through Pontian and Pekan Nanas enroute to Johor Baharu... We stopped along the way to buy pineapples (selling at 60-80cents per piece!!!) while getting lost looking for a durian stall.. We also made a short stopover at Spanrry's home in Taman Pulai... Very cozy corner lot terrace house.. Sad to hear about the break-in of his house last month, though...

At about 7.40pm, we headed for dinner at one of the restaurants near his home... During dinner, we talked about places in JB to visit and nice places to eat... During mealtimes like this, Spanrry came up with nice ideas about having meet-ups in JB instead of the usual haunts of 'Teh Tarek' and Woodlands Central... He even suggested having a 'half-day' meetup of e.g. Kota Tinggi waterfall on a Saturday afternoon followed by dinner and meeting in JB before heading back to Singapore... Brilliant!!! Really brilliant ideas!!!

I told him about Sheesha (the candid picture that my gf took of me), about the Taman Warisan 'eat on a verandah' concept, pasar Pandan and my fav wash and wax place....

So, as a closure to a great trip, we sent our bikes for a wash, Spanrry waxed and polished his, and it looks as good as new!!!

Before returning to Singapore, we topped up our petrol... We have travelled a total distance of 170km for the trip (from Esso Gelang Patah to Esso Johor Baharu). During this time, Spanrry noticed the high fuel consumption of my bike, he told me to check the tyre pressure of my bike ---- here's the shocking news: I've been travelling on an under-pressure rear tyre (I required a rear tyre pressure of 42 PSI, but it was 17.5 PSI [121 kPa]!!!) This could be due to under-pressure or a leak in the tyre, so Spanrry told me to re-check the tyre pressure again in 3 days time.. No wonder lah why my bike fc very high... Duhh!!!! So, a word of advice to all bikers, don't make the same mistake I did... Check your tyre pressures before starting a trip...

We were home by 11.45pm, I went to bed early, only to wake up at 2am and doing these postings before I'm done for the night.... Thanks for the trip Mr Foo, hope the next one, we get to go to Ulu Bendol!!!!! YEAH!!!!!

PS: For this trip, we did everything except.... to eat durians

(seems that it is not in season, couldn't find a fruit stall that sells durians - we ended up buying pineapples)

SANY0464.jpg

Talking about Sheesha.jpg

Snow wash, wax n polish1.jpg

Snow wash, wax n polish2.jpg

durian trip.JPG

Edited by BoyBulance

Hi boys, my sincere apologies for missing out all the trips and meet ups you all have organised.

I'm at my peak now with work and can only meet at certain time and day. Nevertheless I'm still contactable by phone, however please avoid smses as I only check them when available.

*This trip was organised as a forward (recce) party for an upcoming Kukup / Tanjong Piai outing for the XJR club, hopefully a 2-day trip (including an overnight chalet stay) --- with the ultimate aim of eating durians*

Tuesday 14 Apr 08:

The sky was clear, bright and sunny... The perfect weather for a riding trip to neighbouring JB... By 10am, both Spanrry and me were already at Esso Gelang Patah as we had bumped into each other at the Malaysian Immigration....

After topping up petrol (it would be very unwise for any biker to top-up full tank BEFORE entering Malaysia), a couple of poses for the camera, chain-spraying, and we're OFF!!!!!

1st stop: Gelang Patah for breakfast!!!!

By 10.26am, we have arrived at our destination...

Spanrry had a roti telur with dhal and sambal, and both me and my girlfriend opted for double plain 'roti canai' with sambal.... YUMMM!!!!!

While we were eating, we spent time discussing about the trip that had Spanrry all excited.... The THAILAND trip!!!!!

*whisper whisper* what you are reading right now is inside information... Spanrry is planning a trip waaaaaaay up north hopefully sometime in early January... the original plan was to go up from the eastern side of Malaysia, and enter Thailand from Golok, and ride up to Hatyai, and return back to Singapore via the Western side.... However, after viewing the maps, our dear Mr Foo has figured an even more 'powder'ful, 'bodacious' idea... He plans to go from Hatyai and SHOOT up to Phuket and Koh Sa Mui.... KOH SA MUI!!!!! The ultimate destination for XJRers... After that, we can wait for the Super4s to catch up... hehehehe....

The trip will be planned over 7 days....

Penang (Overnight)--> Hatyai (Overnight)--> Phuket (Overnight)--> *KOH SA MUI!!!* (Overnight)--> Phuket (Overnight)--> Hatyai (Overnight)--> Maybe KL or Seremban or anywhere along the West Coast....

Budget: Between [RM (Ringgit Malaysia) 1500 - 2000 = approx SGD$800-1000] for petrol, food and accommodation

It's the ultimate dream for XJRers to aim for.... Once we can achieve this, everywhere else is nothing....

By then, we realised it's time to set off for Kukup.... So off we go!!!

11.30am

Along the way to Kukup, we spotted a Muzium Nanas (Pineapple Museum)... So we made an impromptu stopover to check it out....

There's an RM2 admission charge, however, it was air-conditioned, so it was a good way to cool off... Plus, we were lucky and got to sample home-made pineapple juice... Surprisingly, the juice doesn't have the usual yellow colour we often associate with pineapple juice... In fact, it was rather clear, but it had a distinct pineapple smell... When u sip it, the full flavour of the pineapple hits you... An interesting experience... In the picture, the tour guide gave us some tips on how to prepare the pineapple juice... He also mentions that the museum is a popular stop for tourists before heading off to Kukup...

By 12.50pm, we had arrived at Kukup... We had lunch at High King Seafood Restaurant... The waiter explains that the 3 seafood restaurants are owned by Chinese, but had Indonesian chefs and serve Halal food as they serve only seafood... With that, we ordered Sambal Kangkong, Asam Fish (Snapper), Cereal Prawns and Chilli Crabs.... In all, it cost us RM103.10... We felt really full (Spanrry said the amount of food we ordered is meant for FIVE!!), and since the sun was rather high in the sky, we didn't plan to go riding... We made another impromptu plan.... Visit the Fish Farm!!!!

2.20pm

The tickets cost RM5 per person for a ride out to the Kelong (Fish Farm)... We left our bikes and helmets in the care of the Restaurant staff while we went for the trip... So not to worry about disappearing bikes, ok?

And here's your host for the trip: http://boybulance.multiply.com/video/item/8

2.30pm

Arrival at the Kelong... Here are some pictures.... Garoupa is RM20 per kg... Yes, the Jellyfish is meant for human consumption... That looks like a nurse shark, I think... And the blurred small fish is the puffer fish (ikan buntal)... Here's my favourite... Archer fishes.... The anchovies (ikan bilis) placed on the railing were, 'shot off' by the fishes... And we also got shot at our faces, in the process....Took a video of it, i'll try to direct a link soon...

----> here's the link: http://boybulance.multiply.com/video/item/9

At 3pm, we decided to check out the village....

Erm.... The sign says.... erm.... "Super4s NOT Allowed".... :cheeky:

Reminds us of our childhood days....

'5-star' resort toilet.... :p

A view of the village from the top....

We hung around the village until about 4.30pm, when we planned to 'touch-and-go' the Southernmost Tip of Mainland Asia - Tanjong Piai.... If I'm not wrong, the giant leaf represents the Piai leaf, which contributes to the name of the place, Tanjong 'Piai'.

Since we did not go in, as we will need about an hour to trek on foot in the place, I included a sample pic of what to expect when we get to the Southernmost Tip of Mainland Asia...

The highlight of this part of the journey is when we test out a new type of riding, which is considered illegal in Singapore.... "Helmetless Riding through the Kampong" YEEEEHAAAW!!!!!!!

A moment of madness!!!! Helmetless Riding... MUST WATCH!!!!: http://boybulance.multiply.com/video/item/11

Next, we proceeded to Tanjong Piai Resort, which is just about 1.5km away from the 'Southernmost Tip'... We wanted to check out the room rates for the chalet... Seems like an overnight for twin-sharing amounts to RM80... Maybe we can plan for something here? By the way, they have a paintball target range (costs 50cents per bullet), we tried it out, but we forgot to take pictures... Bummer....

For the last part of the journey, we used the longer route through Pontian and Pekan Nanas enroute to Johor Baharu... We stopped along the way to buy pineapples (selling at 60-80cents per piece!!!) while getting lost looking for a durian stall.. We also made a short stopover at Spanrry's home in Taman Pulai... Very cozy corner lot terrace house.. Sad to hear about the break-in of his house last month, though...

At about 7.40pm, we headed for dinner at one of the restaurants near his home... During dinner, we talked about places in JB to visit and nice places to eat... During mealtimes like this, Spanrry came up with nice ideas about having meet-ups in JB instead of the usual haunts of 'Teh Tarek' and Woodlands Central... He even suggested having a 'half-day' meetup of e.g. Kota Tinggi waterfall on a Saturday afternoon followed by dinner and meeting in JB before heading back to Singapore... Brilliant!!! Really brilliant ideas!!!

I told him about Sheesha (the candid picture that my gf took of me), about the Taman Warisan 'eat on a verandah' concept, pasar Pandan and my fav wash and wax place....

So, as a closure to a great trip, we sent our bikes for a wash, Spanrry waxed and polished his, and it looks as good as new!!!

Before returning to Singapore, we topped up our petrol... We have travelled a total distance of 170km for the trip (from Esso Gelang Patah to Esso Johor Baharu). During this time, Spanrry noticed the high fuel consumption of my bike, he told me to check the tyre pressure of my bike ---- here's the shocking news: I've been travelling on an under-pressure rear tyre (I required a rear tyre pressure of 42 PSI, but it was 17.5 PSI [121 kPa]!!!) This could be due to under-pressure or a leak in the tyre, so Spanrry told me to re-check the tyre pressure again in 3 days time.. No wonder lah why my bike fc very high... Duhh!!!! So, a word of advice to all bikers, don't make the same mistake I did... Check your tyre pressures before starting a trip...

We were home by 11.45pm, I went to bed early, only to wake up at 2am and doing these postings before I'm done for the night.... Thanks for the trip Mr Foo, hope the next one, we get to go to Ulu Bendol!!!!! YEAH!!!!!

PS: For this trip, we did everything except.... to eat durians

(seems that it is not in season, couldn't find a fruit stall that sells durians - we ended up buying pineapples)

WOW POWER LAH BRO NICE POSTING AND A VERY WONDERFUL TRIP THUMB UPPPZZZ LAH :thumb:
WOW POWER LAH BRO NICE POSTING AND A VERY WONDERFUL TRIP THUMB UPPPZZZ LAH :thumb:

the same posting #2684,2685,2689 have add video clip .best singapore reporter 2009.

power boybulance & gf.i very like it you done the good posting .

That is so obvious. he put up a 10 posts on the Kukup Trip alone...imagine what he can do with a 7 day Thailand trip...i think it gonna be a blog! hee hee hee :c)

:thumb:

hey boybulance. remember u said that xjr chooses its rider? lets see this guy getting an XJR or not.. to add on to wat boybulance say.. DO NOT try with a versionS on mlysia highway. this is based on xperience. on the other we are living in this peaceful country call singapore... so we dun hv to worry so much abt speeding.. cos i'll be there.. hehehe.. i conclude myself by telling u is nice to have another XJR rider on the road. do wave at a white helmet with a chinese character on it & also do give way..hehe...

p.s. btw i' not a T.P.

we, at the club, always welcome another XJRer, young or old...with members as young as 24 to as mature as 44....from a father of 6, to young testorone hungry young adults...

Here at XJR, we are a small club with big hearts!

1997 - Yamaha RXZ (Jap Model), 1999 - Yamaha TZM150, 2000 - Yamaha RXS115, 2001 - Honda Wave 125S, 2002 - Yamaha 125Z, 2004 - 2011 Yamaha XJR400RR Redbull Theme, 2005 - Spark Z110, 2006 - Kawasaki KRR150, 2009 - Suzuki Bandit 400, 2010 - Suzuki GSXR400R(project cannibalism), 2011 - Suzuki Hayabusa Gen 1 White Motul Theme, 2012 - Suzuki K6 1K & RZ350LC *lead XJR Sgp since 2007 - 2012*

That is so obvious. he put up a 10 posts on the Kukup Trip alone...imagine what he can do with a 7 day Thailand trip...i think it gonna be a blog! hee hee hee :c)

:thumb:

we, at the club, always welcome another XJRer, young or old...with members as young as 24 to as mature as 44....from a father of 6, to young testorone hungry young adults...

Here at XJR, we are a small club with big hearts!

lu online kape bro? sawadeekap... kapunkap.. siakap.. hondakap.. ape lagi eh? :confused:

:angel: LIVE LIFE, LIVE XJR, FOREVER XJR :angel:

Last Friday, 17 Apr 09 at 9pm, the Diversion Club invited me to attend their meetup at Kallang McDonald's... This is the post that I posted on their thread after the meetup...

post#10772

A VERY BIG THANK YOU!!! - Meetup Review from a non-Divvy owner

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Diversion Club Singapore,

First of all, I'd like to thank Rudy for inviting me for the meetup... They had planned at 9pm, but I'm sorry that I arrived late as I had to give tuition before attending the meetup... By the time I arrived, it was 10 and most of the members had already left...

I would like to say that to see the Divvy static or in full flight, it has always been a beauty to watch... As I said to the members, "The Divvy is sexy. Very sexy..." So, being able not to see only one, but three Divvys upclose and personal is a rare sight... I would like to say a thousand thanks to Rudy for giving me the rare chance of sitting on a Divvy and posing for a pic... Deep down, I really, really, really, wish I'd have the chance to own and ride one of my own....

I would like to give a million thanx to Bro Nasir for his lovely 'welcome' gift... I'd say that it is one of the very best Birthday gifts I have ever received... Totally unexpected!!!

PS: U'll definitely hear from me in the future...

Here's a glimpse of what I experienced at the meetup...

I felt warm and welcomed into the group when I arrived at Kallang McD... I could see the members standing near their bikes awaiting fo my arrival... I felt rather guilty that I had arrived late, so I'd like to ask for a thousand apologies... At the same time, I felt rather small (XJR) as compared to it's bigger cousin (XJ9)... But the sheer beauty of the Diversion simply blows my mind!!!

The early part was introductions of rider and their rides... I admired their rides while they reviewed mine... Bro Rudy explained to me about the 'Lionhead' and the cost - eye-opening!!! Apparently, it seems only 3 of them in the club has the 'Lionhead'.

We then proceeded inside McD where talks went more technical about speed, maintenance and trips and how they got to know each other.. They introduced me about the other riders in the Club who were not present, and how they obtained the rare Divvy... All these talk simply made me envy them even more - I sincerely believe that they are a group of 'Chosen Ones'... Anyone can ride a Super Four - they are simply 'taxi' bikes... But to be among the very few to own the rare Divvy, they are simply - 'THE CHOSEN ONES' How much more envious can a non-Divvy owner be???

At first, I felt rather down-hearted as after chatting with the members, I felt that the chance of owning a Divvy is getting pretty slim.... As simply summarised by Bro Nasir, "Imagine holding onto a gold bar... Would you want to give it away? U may never see it again... If u sell off a Super Four, u can buy another - they are in every bike shop, but a Diversion?"

As the night went on, the talks went from just bikes, to something more radical and thought-provoking... This goes to show that the group is made up of intelligent, matured and definitely not 'mat-rapes' or 'mat-rempits'... Thumbs UP!!! Hope that u guys did not regret inviting me along...

Last but not least, I had the honour of being in a 2-bike convoy with Bro Nasir from Kallang to Woodlands... It was simply... a dream.... It was a beauty to watch the Divvy in full-flight and kudos to my XJR for being able to keep up with it's bigger cousin (it tried it's very best).

I have a vision: I would love to see these two Clubs with rare Yamaha bikes (XJR and XJ900s) at a meetup and riding together... With the ultimate vision of riding north on a riding trip... To see a lone XJR or a lone Divvy is rare, to see them riding together is even rare, but to see BOTH Yammie clubs collaborating together, PRICELESS!!!

As a parting quote, I'd like to quote Bro Nasir who gave me the mental strength to continue pursuing my dream of owning the Diversion, "Kalau jodoh tak ke mana (What's yours is meant to be yours)"

Yours, sincerely

BOY BULANCE

I followed up with another posting

XJR Club Singapore

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a member of the Yamaha XJR Club Singapore, and currently acted as an Ambassador for the XJR Club during last weekend's meetup...

If you would like to find out more about the Club, or browse through our thread, here are our links:

Multiply: http://yamahaxjrsgp.multiply.com/

Singapore Bikes Forum: SingaporeBikes Forums - Club Yamaha XJR

Edited by BoyBulance

hi guys.

to those who have received my last-minute sms on sat morning, here are the results of the event.

2nd Runner up for Chantique's Couple of the Year 2009 (out of 11 couples)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3579/3454956814_cd931bdf3d.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3648/3456831445_1b17c35811.jpg

Thanks for all your support guys.

Sorry coz I never come down to the recent gatherings. :dot:

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr39/nash_1126/Banners/banner-xjr.jpg http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr39/nash_1126/Banners/banner-busa.jpg

hi guys.

to those who have received my last-minute sms on sat morning, here are the results of the event.

2nd Runner up for Chantique's Couple of the Year 2009 (out of 11 couples)

Thanks for all your support guys.

Sorry coz I never come down to the recent gatherings. :dot:

CONGRATS Bro Azmean!!!!

Hope u don't mind me asking... Is that ur girlfriend that u introduced to us the other day?