SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Club Yamaha XJR 400/1300 (Singapore)

policehunter

hi guys.

to those who have received my last-minute sms on sat morning, here are the results of the event.

2nd Runner up for Chantique's Couple of the Year 2009 (out of 11 couples)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3579/3454956814_cd931bdf3d.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3648/3456831445_1b17c35811.jpg

Thanks for all your support guys.

Sorry coz I never come down to the recent gatherings. :dot:

wow! congrats to you & your putri bro...i was away from sgp when i received your sms. sorry bro....got more pix? can it be put up at the webbie for XJR?

Hope to see you for May meet-up!

Last Friday, 17 Apr 09 at 9pm, the Diversion Club invited me to attend their meetup at Kallang McDonald's... This is the post that I posted on their thread after the meetup...

post#10772

A VERY BIG THANK YOU!!! - Meetup Review from a non-Divvy owner

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Diversion Club Singapore,

First of all, I'd like to thank Rudy for inviting me for the meetup... They had planned at 9pm, but I'm sorry that I arrived late as I had to give tuition before attending the meetup... By the time I arrived, it was 10 and most of the members had already left...

I would like to say that to see the Divvy static or in full flight, it has always been a beauty to watch... As I said to the members, "The Divvy is sexy. Very sexy..." So, being able not to see only one, but three Divvys upclose and personal is a rare sight... I would like to say a thousand thanks to Rudy for giving me the rare chance of sitting on a Divvy and posing for a pic... Deep down, I really, really, really, wish I'd have the chance to own and ride one of my own....

I would like to give a million thanx to Bro Nasir for his lovely 'welcome' gift... I'd say that it is one of the very best Birthday gifts I have ever received... Totally unexpected!!!

PS: U'll definitely hear from me in the future...

Here's a glimpse of what I experienced at the meetup...

I felt warm and welcomed into the group when I arrived at Kallang McD... I could see the members standing near their bikes awaiting fo my arrival... I felt rather guilty that I had arrived late, so I'd like to ask for a thousand apologies... At the same time, I felt rather small (XJR) as compared to it's bigger cousin (XJ9)... But the sheer beauty of the Diversion simply blows my mind!!!

The early part was introductions of rider and their rides... I admired their rides while they reviewed mine... Bro Rudy explained to me about the 'Lionhead' and the cost - eye-opening!!! Apparently, it seems only 3 of them in the club has the 'Lionhead'.

We then proceeded inside McD where talks went more technical about speed, maintenance and trips and how they got to know each other.. They introduced me about the other riders in the Club who were not present, and how they obtained the rare Divvy... All these talk simply made me envy them even more - I sincerely believe that they are a group of 'Chosen Ones'... Anyone can ride a Super Four - they are simply 'taxi' bikes... But to be among the very few to own the rare Divvy, they are simply - 'THE CHOSEN ONES' How much more envious can a non-Divvy owner be???

At first, I felt rather down-hearted as after chatting with the members, I felt that the chance of owning a Divvy is getting pretty slim.... As simply summarised by Bro Nasir, "Imagine holding onto a gold bar... Would you want to give it away? U may never see it again... If u sell off a Super Four, u can buy another - they are in every bike shop, but a Diversion?"

As the night went on, the talks went from just bikes, to something more radical and thought-provoking... This goes to show that the group is made up of intelligent, matured and definitely not 'mat-rapes' or 'mat-rempits'... Thumbs UP!!! Hope that u guys did not regret inviting me along...

Last but not least, I had the honour of being in a 2-bike convoy with Bro Nasir from Kallang to Woodlands... It was simply... a dream.... It was a beauty to watch the Divvy in full-flight and kudos to my XJR for being able to keep up with it's bigger cousin (it tried it's very best).

I have a vision: I would love to see these two Clubs with rare Yamaha bikes (XJR and XJ900s) at a meetup and riding together... With the ultimate vision of riding north on a riding trip... To see a lone XJR or a lone Divvy is rare, to see them riding together is even rare, but to see BOTH Yammie clubs collaborating together, PRICELESS!!!

As a parting quote, I'd like to quote Bro Nasir who gave me the mental strength to continue pursuing my dream of owning the Diversion, "Kalau jodoh tak ke mana (What's yours is meant to be yours)"

Yours, sincerely

BOY BULANCE

I followed up with another posting

XJR Club Singapore

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a member of the Yamaha XJR Club Singapore, and currently acted as an Ambassador for the XJR Club during last weekend's meetup...

If you would like to find out more about the Club, or browse through our thread, here are our links:

Multiply: http://yamahaxjrsgp.multiply.com/

Singapore Bikes Forum: SingaporeBikes Forums - Club Yamaha XJR

sounds good & warm...

more or less, like ourselves.

hope to foster good relations with all bikey clubs.:thumb:

1997 - Yamaha RXZ (Jap Model), 1999 - Yamaha TZM150, 2000 - Yamaha RXS115, 2001 - Honda Wave 125S, 2002 - Yamaha 125Z, 2004 - 2011 Yamaha XJR400RR Redbull Theme, 2005 - Spark Z110, 2006 - Kawasaki KRR150, 2009 - Suzuki Bandit 400, 2010 - Suzuki GSXR400R(project cannibalism), 2011 - Suzuki Hayabusa Gen 1 White Motul Theme, 2012 - Suzuki K6 1K & RZ350LC *lead XJR Sgp since 2007 - 2012*

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CONGRATS Bro Azmean!!!!

Hope u don't mind me asking... Is that ur girlfriend that u introduced to us the other day?

dats not my gf lah.. dats my FIANCEE! and yes its the same person... :sian:

Bull, i got more pics..

HERE

i got some pics when i im doing the catwalk... from the official photograher.. HERE. :thumb:

Edited by nash_1126
http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr39/nash_1126/Banners/banner-xjr.jpg http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr39/nash_1126/Banners/banner-busa.jpg

dats not my gf lah.. dats my FIANCEE! and yes its the same person... :sian:

Bull, i got more pics..

HERE

i got some pics when i im doing the catwalk... from the official photograher.. HERE. :thumb:

wow weee....thumbs up bro!

Got interviews also eh??

catwalk eh?

WOW WEEEEE!

1997 - Yamaha RXZ (Jap Model), 1999 - Yamaha TZM150, 2000 - Yamaha RXS115, 2001 - Honda Wave 125S, 2002 - Yamaha 125Z, 2004 - 2011 Yamaha XJR400RR Redbull Theme, 2005 - Spark Z110, 2006 - Kawasaki KRR150, 2009 - Suzuki Bandit 400, 2010 - Suzuki GSXR400R(project cannibalism), 2011 - Suzuki Hayabusa Gen 1 White Motul Theme, 2012 - Suzuki K6 1K & RZ350LC *lead XJR Sgp since 2007 - 2012*

Was on my way to see Chief Mechanic when my cable broke....Just about to come to a stop at the shop & the clutch cable broke....

Sigh! Luckily, broke at the shop doorstep!

S$35 burnt!

There goes my dinner! :faint:

reminder: use original Yamaha parts, do not buy at mr LAB, please!

Was on my way to see Chief Mechanic when my cable broke....Just about to come to a stop at the shop & the clutch cable broke....

S$35 burnt!

i also just replaced mine and the clutch as well.

Also replaced the o-rings for the front brakes (both sides)..

and also the suspension fork cover (mine rusted already)

and also the ball-bearings.

ALL THE FRONT! :dot:

$$$ fly away sia...

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr39/nash_1126/Banners/banner-xjr.jpg http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr39/nash_1126/Banners/banner-busa.jpg

i also just replaced mine and the clutch as well.

Also replaced the o-rings for the front brakes (both sides)..

and also the suspension fork cover (mine rusted already)

and also the ball-bearings.

ALL THE FRONT! :dot:

$$$ fly away sia...

S$35 burnt!

as long as its for the love of our XJRs...:thumb:

Guys,

Carefour Suntec, selling fully synthetic 4-stroke engine oil for bike, 5w40, for $8.90/1ltr bottle.

The brand Carlube.

Anybody tried before?

Damn cheap!

hmmm..thats is just $18 for our bike...Yikes!

cheap nye!

heard before of that brand...but never tried...

Mr Foo, u're right about the flat tyre... 2 days after trip, I checked my tyre pressure... 121kPa... Definitely got leak, so I went to a bike shop and got it stuffed....

Now, tyre pressure is good, fuel consumption has improved to 18km/l... So, I'm pretty happy.... Now to consider the wingrack and new sideboxes... N blinker lights....

Some riders fail to realise that we don't belong in the same Class....

We don't need to make ANY effort to attract attention on the roads." - a CHOSEN ONE

Mr Foo, I missed the joy of a riding trip like the other day... Looking forward to another trip with you... Maybe next month we can plan for a half-day trip to Kota Tinggi? Or Ulu Bendul? We plan on another weekday, so not much traffic? Wat do u tink? I'll have to check my roster next month before I can decide any date...

We don't need to make ANY effort to attract attention on the roads." - a CHOSEN ONE

Mr Foo, I missed the joy of a riding trip like the other day... Looking forward to another trip with you... Maybe next month we can plan for a half-day trip to Kota Tinggi? Or Ulu Bendul? We plan on another weekday, so not much traffic? Wat do u tink? I'll have to check my roster next month before I can decide any date...

AFTER 10 MAY ,,,,,,,,BCS I HV TRIP KUKUP ON 7 MAY , U LET ME KNOW THE DATE

:dot:

ANY MEMBER WANT TO JOIN WELLCOME

Mr Foo, u're right about the flat tyre... 2 days after trip, I checked my tyre pressure... 121kPa... Definitely got leak, so I went to a bike shop and got it stuffed....

Now, tyre pressure is good, fuel consumption has improved to 18km/l... So, I'm pretty happy.... Now to consider the wingrack and new sideboxes... N blinker lights....

bro, how u measure ur Petrol Consumption?

bro, how u measure ur Petrol Consumption?

it is not an exact measurement, but a very good rough gauge... U see, the moment ur fuel enters reserve,

Step 1: Immediately top-up full tank or any amount u prefer, but make it a round figure (3 litres, 5 litres, etc)

Step 2: Reset ur distance counter to 0000

Step 3: Resume riding as per normal, try not to make sharp accelerations or heavy braking, just smooth riding...

Step 4: The moment fuel enters reserve, take note of the distance travelled counter

Step 5: Divide the distance counter value with the amount of petrol u topped-up earlier - it should give u a petrol consumption value

Step 6: You may want to repeat Steps 1 thru 5 and obtain an average value - it'll give a more accurate reading

PS: I played with 3 litres - generally my reading is between 51 - 54 kms

Therefore, taking 51km / 3 litres = 17km/l

So, my bike's FC is between 17-18km/l, taking into account of my luggage racks and pillion rider... This is just rough estimation, and not an exact science... Hope this explains ur question, bro....

Saturday had a solo ride up north,

Went up to my uncle place in Pagoh.

Recce durian plantations there, bearing fruits already but according to my uncle should be ready for harvesting in June or July.

Then took the trunk road to Muar then to Ayer Hitam.

From Ayer Hitam hit the highway to Senai, my sis place.

Total mileage about 250miles.

Durian plantation ride anyone?

Cheers

Recce durian plantations there, bearing fruits already but according to my uncle should be ready for harvesting in June or July.

gogogogogo let me know the date ?

it is not an exact measurement, but a very good rough gauge... U see, the moment ur fuel enters reserve,

Step 1: Immediately top-up full tank or any amount u prefer, but make it a round figure (3 litres, 5 litres, etc)

Step 2: Reset ur distance counter to 0000

Step 3: Resume riding as per normal, try not to make sharp accelerations or heavy braking, just smooth riding...

Step 4: The moment fuel enters reserve, take note of the distance travelled counter

Step 5: Divide the distance counter value with the amount of petrol u topped-up earlier - it should give u a petrol consumption value

Step 6: You may want to repeat Steps 1 thru 5 and obtain an average value - it'll give a more accurate reading

PS: I played with 3 litres - generally my reading is between 51 - 54 kms

Therefore, taking 51km / 3 litres = 17km/l

So, my bike's FC is between 17-18km/l, taking into account of my luggage racks and pillion rider... This is just rough estimation, and not an exact science... Hope this explains ur question, bro....

When you mean going into reserve... does the motor engine stops and u need to change the switch to reserve? This happens when the fuel gauge just hits the red mark (betw the white and red).

If yes, my bike seems to not do this anymore. It used to do it but it just goes to the red area without stopping the engine or needing to turn the switch. It has been always been at the "ON" position.

Very puzzling lah.

When you mean going into reserve... does the motor engine stops and u need to change the switch to reserve? This happens when the fuel gauge just hits the red mark (betw the white and red).

If yes, my bike seems to not do this anymore. It used to do it but it just goes to the red area without stopping the engine or needing to turn the switch. It has been always been at the "ON" position.

Very puzzling lah.

Your bike is the new XJR, right? Not the Fighting Spirits? Yeah, I have the same problem too....

1. When u're riding, then when u are somewhere in the red zone, the bike sputters, and dies, right?

2. Then u switch to 'reserve', ride for about a kilometer or two, then u switch it back to 'ON'... You will find that you can continue riding the bike as per normal... Am I right so far?

3. Then when the needle finally reaches the end of the red zone, the bike sputters and dies again, right? This time round, when u switch to 'RESERVE' and continue riding, if u switch it back to 'ON', the bike will sputter and die...

*This is the point when i consider the bike has entered 'RESERVE'..*

It's a bit puzzling about the XJR, really... Sometimes u can continue riding all the way until the end of the red zone before entering reserve, but sometimes, midway through the red zone, the bike dies... So, I get around the problem by doing the stuff mentioned above...

yeah.. i have to agree that our XJR is a bit erratic or not consistent in this area. The last time my bike sputtered was way back in November, i think.

ey.. this month no gathering ah?

why? wat telah happen?

I was wondering about that too.. Anyway, the Divvy guys invited me for their meetup on 2 May (Sat), 1900 hrs at Kallang McD.. They intend to ride together as a convoy to their secondary meetup point of Rail Mall. The agenda for their meeting is regarding the Road Safety Convoy on 21 June 09... Refer to the quote below, posted on the Divvy thread, post #10787

Boybulance, we can ride together (XJR400 and XJ900) this 21 June 09. There'll be a safety riding convoy at Pioneer Zone 12 RC, is at Jurong West St 61. On that day, you can have a close look at the TP D9, coz the Traffic Police will be coming for road safety talk and also displaying the bike. Registration form going to be out soon.

I'd like to extend the invitation to everyone here from the XJR Club to join me in forming a rare convoy of Divvy900s, XJR400 and the monstrous XJR1300s (personal invitation to Mr Foo, happy125).. To see a convoy of Divvys is rare, a convoy of XJRs is even more rare... A convoy of BOTH rare Yamaha bikes - PRICELESS!!!!

PS: Not to worry about forming such a big convoy - a couple of the guys from the Divvy club ARE TP officers... :angel:

ey.. this month no gathering ah?

why? wat telah happen?

yeah.. i have to agree that our XJR is a bit erratic or not consistent in this area. The last time my bike sputtered was way back in November, i think.

erm...u guys did not check the website??

its on 16th May 09.

so u coming, nash_1126?? hope so...o_O

gogogogogo let me know the date ?

hmmm.. as long as we EAT durians & not PinEaPPles....

Any dates yet??:thumb:

AND, guys, lets try to support one another & go for plannned trips like this.

I was wondering about that too.. Anyway, the Divvy guys invited me for their meetup on 2 May (Sat), 1900 hrs at Kallang McD.. They intend to ride together as a convoy to their secondary meetup point of Rail Mall. The agenda for their meeting is regarding the Road Safety Convoy on 21 June 09... Refer to the quote below, posted on the Divvy thread, post #10787

I'd like to extend the invitation to everyone here from the XJR Club to join me in forming a rare convoy of Divvy900s, XJR400 and the monstrous XJR1300s (personal invitation to Mr Foo, happy125).. To see a convoy of Divvys is rare, a convoy of XJRs is even more rare... A convoy of BOTH rare Yamaha bikes - PRICELESS!!!!

PS: Not to worry about forming such a big convoy - a couple of the guys from the Divvy club ARE TP officers... :angel:

I kinda like the idea of a safety talk by TP. Its look good.

I kinda like the idea of a safety talk by TP. Its look good.

Bro,did i saw ur XJR Redbull design at tampines yesterday ? :lol: I was at the 400+ Carpark and i saw u turn in...I was driving though....

July 2006-21st Aug 2007 :Honda NSR SP (FS1029R)

21st Aug 2007-28th Oct 2009 :Honda CB400 Spec III (FY8*8*M)

5th Sept 09-20th Nov 2013 Suzuki Hayabusa K6 FBA 9**6 J

30 Jan 13-Hyundai Getz 1.6 SFV*1*1K

20th Nov 13-Honda CBR600RR 2008 FBE4*4*S

2015-2015:Mitsubishi Lancer GLX

28th Oct 2015-Mitsubishi Lancer EX GLS

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff216/Stardust_83/IMG_60122.jpg

Bro,did i saw ur XJR Redbull design at tampines yesterday ? :lol: I was at the 400+ Carpark and i saw u turn in...I was driving though....

wat colour/make is your car bro? i think, i was gg home...