SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Club Yamaha XJR 400/1300 (Singapore)

policehunter

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

in terms of looks, the thicker exhaust and wider tank makes it look more robust and tough. Probably thinking its a 600cc when put side by side with vtec.

the ohlins rear susp shd put XJR an edge over vtec's showa setup. For the rest of the performance, no idea coz havent rode any b4.

Your best friend in forum :: Search ::

by comparison of specs

XJR 400

Bore x stroke (mm) 55 * 42

Power (Hp/rpm) 53 / 11000

Torque (Nm/rpm) 35 / 9500

Wheelbase 1435 mm

Fuel Capacity - reserve 20 l

Dry Weight 176 kg

Super 4 Vtec

Torque (Nm/rpm) 38 / 9500

Wheelbase 1415 mm

Fuel Capacity - reserve 18 l

Dry Weight 168 kg

I've rode an XJR before, in a very big carpark, so didn't try top speed, but the handling is much more comfortable n pickup is much more smoother than a S4 Vtec.

I took my 2A in SSDC using a S4 Vtec, can feel the difference.

If I can afford, I'll consider a XJR first.

just got an xjr for myself 2 days ago. the bike is excellent. handling, cornering, shock suspension, engine is not as heated as super 4 and so forth. the look is definitely surpassing super 4 anytime. furthermore, the bike has a manual reserve switch where even if the meter is not accurate, you don't have to worry abt no petrol.

pick up is better and the pull away factor is good. engine is more responsive than super 4 although super 4's engine is a better technology. xjr is good for modification as the engine is a basic inline 4 system. top speed don't know cause still running in.

to sum it all, i traded in my vtec super 4 for this xjr beauty.

anyone has the same bike? how is the running in process?

Dobby said! "Harry Potter must not go back to School this year. There is a plot; plot to create very terrible things"

just got an xjr for myself 2 days ago. the bike is excellent. handling, cornering, shock suspension, engine is not as heated as super 4 and so forth. the look is definitely surpassing super 4 anytime. furthermore, the bike has a manual reserve switch where even if the meter is not accurate, you don't have to worry abt no petrol.

pick up is better and the pull away factor is good. engine is more responsive than super 4 although super 4's engine is a better technology. xjr is good for modification as the engine is a basic inline 4 system. top speed don't know cause still running in.

to sum it all, i traded in my vtec super 4 for this xjr beauty.

anyone has the same bike? how is the running in process?

o...so hw much the bike cost?OTR... :confused:

wheres my siggy?!?!

by comparison of specs

XJR 400

Torque (Nm/rpm) 35 / 9500

Wheelbase 1435 mm

Fuel Capacity - reserve 20 l

Dry Weight 176 kg

Super 4 Vtec

Torque (Nm/rpm) 38 / 9500

Wheelbase 1415 mm

Fuel Capacity - reserve 18 l

Dry Weight 168 kg

I've rode an XJR before, in a very big carpark, so didn't try top speed, but the handling is much more comfortable n pickup is much more smoother than a S4 Vtec.

I took my 2A in SSDC using a S4 Vtec, can feel the difference.

If I can afford, I'll consider a XJR first.

Do not forget abt the resale value unless u r going to ride till COE ends.

This bike do not have any resale value ay all! I had calculate it, u have to ride it for at least 3 yrs to minimise ur loss!!! If u intend to ride for a yr plus and upgrade, prepare to loss at least half of the total value. Bike shops are willing to take in below $7k for this bike after a year. No doubt it has a superb setup with evil design and high performance product, budget riders still must follow the tend of getting a common bike in sgp. Riding a XJR400, definatly brings u outstanding but always to consider ur pockets 1st. No point being a slave our bike, Our bike serve us!!!

I was once on the verge of getting an XJR400, nearly bought it with bidded plate. No one can resist such elegant setup. Luckly, as a budget student rider, i decided to follow the crowd. If one day my bike ever break down in the middle of no where, i get to know the bike better enable myself to DIY. After trying shinigami bike for a moment, i was right with my decision choosing an s4. XJR does not suit ppl like me who like responsive reving and the feels of the engine does not comfort me.

For those who had the idea of buying this bike, possible get a test ride, but till now i dun c any 2nd xjr and agent do not provide test ride for bikes!!!

There are too many coincidences in life,

Sometimes even a pair of parallel lines meet.

er.......top speed 170 wifout dragging at 10k rpm 6th gear

its response loses to s4 actually however at the height i find it nice for cruising

one thing to take note of the valve tappet sound gets loud aready at 7k mileage which i am in now and heard from some fellas tat xjr needs to do valve clearance at ard 10k mileage

air cooled engine save the trouble of coolent

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/299588_10150540759024129_659464128_11616498_236846498_n.jpg

er.......top speed 170 wifout dragging at 10k rpm 6th gear

its response loses to s4 actually however at the height i find it nice for cruising

one thing to take note of the valve tappet sound gets loud aready at 7k mileage which i am in now and heard from some fellas tat xjr needs to do valve clearance at ard 10k mileage

air cooled engine save the trouble of coolent

o...urs ur bought 1st hand?or 2nd hand? :confused:

wheres my siggy?!?!

1st hand new bike last dec bought

but now look lok chai liao here dent there dent disfigured due to ga LAO aND GA LAo and GA LAO and GA LAo....

wahAAHAAHAHA

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/299588_10150540759024129_659464128_11616498_236846498_n.jpg

i doubt there's any second hand xjr in the market yet. even if there is, it has to be the older version of xjr (the pipe similar to honda project big). the new version just came in not long ago. having said that, i do agree with tongeh that the resale value of the bike is really low. But i also learnt a lesson that although we must not be a slave to our bike, we should also feel happy and satisfy with what we have bought. :smile:

A year ago when i was considering a bike for my 2b and knowing that i would upgrade after a year, i thought i would save a great deal for money buy going for a older version phantom 150 with a kick start. I told myself that i should be able to kick start for a year though phantom 200 was already on the market. After a few months of kick starting, it started to get onto my nerve. The sight of other phantom 200 owners starting their bike thru starter really make me kicking myself for having buying my bike. I dragged myself waiting to upgrade day by day. It's not a good feeling. :pity: :smile:

Now, although i know the consequences of losing money if i were to upgrade again a year later, at least i felt good riding a bike that i love with all the better gadgets. No longer do i feel jealous of other owners. I rather be happy now when i can ride peacefully than going thru similar feeling for a year.

One can argue that a year is not long at all. I agree but try doing something or ride something you don't like for a year and you will know what i mean.. :smile:

Peace ppl!

Your decision and comfort is all in your hand. :bounce:

Dobby said! "Harry Potter must not go back to School this year. There is a plot; plot to create very terrible things"

yea when i was considering whether to get an s4 or xjr many ppl advised me to get s4 due to of coz availibility of the spare parts...maintainece ... etc etc....

however it took me 1mth of much consideration and remembering someone once told me just ride the bike which u really favour and thus i realize i still prefer the xjr even now although it is disfigured wif dents here and there misalignment i still njoy riding it n proud to be an owner of tis rare species :D

yea when i was considering whether to get an s4 or xjr many ppl advised me to get s4 due to of coz availibility of the spare parts...maintainece ... etc etc....

however it took me 1mth of much consideration and remembering someone once told me just ride the bike which u really favour and thus i realize i still prefer the xjr even now although it is disfigured wif dents here and there misalignment i still njoy riding it n proud to be an owner of tis rare species :D

how was your running in process? i mean what speed did you go till the first servicing which i believe is 1k km?

also, if you don't mind, maybe we could meet up and share a little info about each other's bike. that's if you prefer.

cheers.

when was this design of XJR produced?

:confused:

I think the latest XJR came out after the motor show last november.

cheers