SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archive] DRZ SM 2005-2010

Guest rookie517

Originally posted by R.C.@May 22 2005, 05:21 AM

The P38 came with the bike leh. Didn't do anything abt it. And I think its time for you to consider changing to smaller wheels since you travel everyday on the bike? :D

wah.. trying to psycho me to change to motard..hahaha

ex ah.. dont have so much $$$ to spurg on wheels, spokes, brake caliper, rotors:giddy: :giddy:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/uploads/av-8369.gif

DRZ 400E 2000 model Rocks!

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by souldead81@May 22 2005, 05:31 AM

wah.. trying to psycho me to change to motard..hahaha

ex ah.. dont have so much $$$ to spurg on wheels, spokes, brake caliper, rotors:giddy: :giddy:

KJ, the dark side calls.... Don't resist it!!!!

Rick, ur turn!

Guest rookie517

KJ, do it bit by bit

buy rim 1st, then spokes

get it lace up

then tyres, get it install

lastly, the oversize disc

3mth and u are there

:smile:

Originally posted by hardrider@May 22 2005, 08:24 AM

Rick, ur turn!

Erm ok! And pls pass it on...

Rook, ur turn!

Originally posted by bugo@May 22 2005, 12:40 PM

think about the fun you're gonna have everyday instead of weekend trails... well you can go on trails everyday but this is gonna be the moment you're on the bike till you switch off the engine :D

Ryan is evil... :nono: o_O

But that's what being a SM rider is all abt!!! :D

eh.. how come the brake hose runs from the inside of the fork? the brake calipers big sia... hmm... it took awhile for me to realised what hardrider was talking about when he called "ah wang" lol

ok got something to ask abt the bike... eh if the ACCT fail on you... what will happen?

Guest rookie517

ya, is a ccm

but same engine loh

no make biscuit lah

make "cake" i know, u wan anot?

hahahaa

bugo, as long ya hose is secure way out of the

disc area, tink shld b ok lah

ok then now got another thing.. which might be the next possible mod for me to save up on... if i wanna rejet the bike.. who should i look for? any recommendation? very tempted to do the 3" x 3" airbox mod. then i think this will tag along with the dynojet stage 1 upgrade right? what should be the jetting settings for sg usage?

Originally posted by bugo@May 22 2005, 07:56 PM

eh.. how come the brake hose runs from the inside of the fork? the brake calipers big sia... hmm... it took awhile for me to realised what hardrider was talking about when he called "ah wang" lol

ok got something to ask abt the bike... eh if the ACCT fail on you... what will happen?

If your ACCT fails, your valve train is gonna be a mess!

That's gonna cost to fix!

Guest rookie517
Originally posted by bugo@May 22 2005, 08:21 PM

ok then now got another thing.. which might be the next possible mod for me to save up on... if i wanna rejet the bike.. who should i look for? any recommendation? very tempted to do the 3" x 3" airbox mod. then i think this will tag along with the dynojet stage 1 upgrade right? what should be the jetting settings for sg usage?

bugo, get the DJ kit from dirt wheel

i can help u to fine tune it.

but u will need a #25 PJ as stated by burned

perhap order from somewhere.

Originally posted by rookie517@May 23 2005, 03:20 PM

bugo, get the DJ kit from dirt wheel

i can help u to fine tune it.

but u will need a #25 PJ as stated by burned

perhap order from somewhere.

ok i'll do some research on the costing first... need to start school soon so will not be having much money liao... will be a tight pocket school boy... just wondering.. when the DJ kit is installed and airbox mod, will it affects the fuel consumption greatly? i've realised when i baby the bike it can go as good as 25km/l but now a bit scary for my previous measurement it was going like 20km/l (this one is more of a rough measurement one.. so that's a bit inaccurate) as i open the throttle a bit more and with faster accelerations as well...

now in the amist of taking readings for the not so much fast accelerations and little bit of babying measurements...

rick i trying to get a mean measurement before i give u a direct answer on the bike's fuel consumption.

lastly it's regarding the brakes.. i tried hard braking liao... still got "hissing" sound when i push the bike leh.. like something rubbing the front disc... sian....

another thing about brakes... why motards no need double front disc? if put double front disc, will the front braking be too hard? and should i change the hose to steel braided before hitting tracks as well... dunno whether will brake fade or not leh.. although it's a 300mm rotor...

Originally posted by bugo@May 24 2005, 12:06 AM

ok i'll do some research on the costing first... need to start school soon so will not be having much money liao... will be a tight pocket school boy... just wondering.. when the DJ kit is installed and airbox mod, will it affects the fuel consumption greatly? i've realised when i baby the bike it can go as good as 25km/l but now a bit scary for my previous measurement it was going like 20km/l (this one is more of a rough measurement one.. so that's a bit inaccurate) as i open the throttle a bit more and with faster accelerations as well...

now in the amist of taking readings for the not so much fast accelerations and little bit of babying measurements...

rick i trying to get a mean measurement before i give u a direct answer on the bike's fuel consumption.

lastly it's regarding the brakes.. i tried hard braking liao... still got "hissing" sound when i push the bike leh.. like something rubbing the front disc... sian....

another thing about brakes... why motards no need double front disc? if put double front disc, will the front braking be too hard? and should i change the hose to steel braided before hitting tracks as well... dunno whether will brake fade or not leh.. although it's a 300mm rotor...

Bugo, don't worry about hissing sound, less irritating than hearing a squeeling sound when you apply the brake. My brakes make that sound also.

My DRZ is well and truely run-in.

To speed is 160 kph

Not responsive after 135 kph (I am going to fix that. because it is very disappointing)

A bit wobbly after 130kph if the road is not smooth.

Fuel consumption is like 15-17 km per litre when you going over 100 kph.

Front rotor is enough for the track, stopping power is good. Maybe you want to change the caliper.

After trying out another moded DRZ, I need to make the same mods, because (except the deafening exhaust noise) that one was responsive. Suspension was harder and I could play-play a little. My DRZ could not play so much, throttle not responsive enough.

Just completed a 1200 km trip this weekend to the twisty roads in Genting Highlands and Frazer Hill. The bike was smooth all the way, but fuel consumpttion a little high.

Current FAZER600-Naked

Originally posted by chris 525@May 24 2005, 12:33 AM

Bugo, don't worry about hissing sound, less irritating than hearing a squeeling sound when you apply the brake. My brakes make that sound also.

My DRZ is well and truely run-in.

To speed is 160 kph

Not responsive after 135 kph (I am going to fix that. because it is very disappointing)

A bit wobbly after 130kph if the road is not smooth.

Fuel consumption is like 15-17 km per litre when you going over 100 kph.

Front rotor is enough for the track, stopping power is good. Maybe you want to change the caliper.

After trying out another moded DRZ, I need to make the same mods, because (except the deafening exhaust noise) that one was responsive. Suspension was harder and I could play-play a little. My DRZ could not play so much, throttle not responsive enough.

Just completed a 1200 km trip this weekend to the twisty roads in Genting Highlands and Frazer Hill. The bike was smooth all the way, but fuel consumpttion a little high.

thanks for the advice dude... glad to hear yours is truely run-in... i'm half way there... due for first servicing soon... hmm... did you do your first servicing with the free coupon?

Originally posted by bugo@May 24 2005, 12:51 AM

thanks for the advice dude... glad to hear yours is truely run-in... i'm half way there... due for first servicing soon... hmm... did you do your first servicing with the free coupon?

The coupon is free, but the service cost me $52.

I suspose better do it there to not risk voiding your warranty.

Current FAZER600-Naked

Originally posted by chris 525@May 24 2005, 12:33 AM

my DRZsm brake also making the squeeling sound when the bike is almost coming to a complete stop

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v313/251/70/563403338/n563403338_974923_6695.jpg

My present rides:

Honda CBR600RR8 (Black)

Yamaha FZ1N (Blue)

--------------------------------------------------

who's that on the drz sm travelling along bukit batok near guilin juz now?

is dat u ah tiang?? i waved at someone on a drz sm but can't see the number plate though

http://www.metalmulisha.com/images/home/logo.gif

http://sigx.yuriy.net/images/sgx1/xgasgasx.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/foxracing/Avatars/05drz400sm.gif

Revenge is a dish best served cold

Originally posted by gasgasx@May 24 2005, 07:12 PM

who's that on the drz sm travelling along bukit batok near guilin juz now?

is dat u ah tiang?? i waved at someone on a drz sm but can't see the number plate though

yeap, its me. i too haf the thinking tat the fellow rider mite be u..

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a158/ronnyz/img4632dd74849fe.jpg