SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Silverwings / HOM Cafe 2012

scoobydoo

It seemed like the Vibration thingy is common for SW.....well, at least the SW600.

Hi... I had the 3000-3500 RPM buzzing noise on my '04 SWing and finally found it. In my case it was the lock retainer for the left-side storage box. This retainer is a push-in strap about 2 inches long that is on the inside of the dash on the left side. It is used to hold the lock in place. I think it is longer than really necessary to allow for easy removal or replacment of the lock without major disassembly of the bike. When I put the bike on the tri-stand and revved it up enough to hear the buzzing, I could actually see this strap vibrating. Here is how you can check for this problem and fix it if it is the source of your buzz:

1. Remove the right side strorage box, as you would to check or fill the radiator overflow tank. This will allow you to look for the strap and remove/install it if necessary.

2. Remove the 3-piece plastic handlebar covers. This will provide better visibility of the strap and provides another hand entry when reinstalling the strap (if the handlebars are turned all the way to the left).

3. Locate the lock retainer strap. It is a gold or brass-colored strap positioned horizontally between the left storage box and the left side dash. The end of the strap has a right-angle tab (which allows it to be pulled out by hand). It is pretty close to the dash plastic, which is why there is a buzzing noise when it is vibrating.

4. Determine if this is the source of your buzz by slowly revving up the bike (on the tri-stand, of course and being careful not to let the wheel touch the ground) until you hear the buzz. When you do, look at the end of the strap. In my case, I could see it vibrating just like a tuning fork. Also, the buzzing would go away sometimes just because the strap accidentally got moved when I locked the left storage box -but is also came back just as easily. I did not use the parking brake during this step because I was concerned about unnecessary wear on the V-Belt.

5. If your strap is vibrating, here is how to fix it: Reach in through the right side storage box opening and grasp the strap, pulling it toward the right side of the dash. Its a tight fit for your arm through this opening but I have pretty large arms and I was able to do it. BE SURE NOT TO DROP THE STRAP or you might have to dissasemble a lot of plastic to recover it! Also be aware that there is now nothing holding the lock in place -I removed the key before I pulled the strap out. The lock only goes in one way so dont worry if it falls out (it probably wont fall out anyway).

Now that you have the strap in your hand, the fix is easy. Simply add a piece of adhesive-backed foam rubber to the flat side opposite the pull-tab (in other words, the side that goes against the inside of the dash). I used a shortened length of "Honda P/N 64307-MCT-770 (Honda Code 8550220) MAT A, Shock Absorber" because (1) I had one available and (2) it is the same width as the strap. This part costs about $2.50 for a pakage of 2 and is available from your Honda dealer or at http://www.cheapcycleparts.com. You could use almost any adhesive-backed foam as long as it is not so thick that you cannot push the strap back in place.

After adding the adhesive-backed foam to the strap, simply put everything back together again. Putting the strap back in place my seem tricky since you don't want to lose it inside the bike. I found that I could help guide the strap by reaching in with my left hand through the handlebar opening as I pushed it in place with my right hand -just be sure that handlebar is turned all the way left so you can reach in at the appropriate place.

I hope this helps find and fix your buzzing noise.

I have been buzz-free now for about two weeks -and LOVING IT!

• Replies 22.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seemed like the Vibration thingy is common for SW.....well, at least the SW600.

Hi... I had the 3000-3500 RPM buzzing noise on my '04 SWing and finally found it. In my case it was the lock retainer for the left-side storage box. This retainer is a push-in strap about 2 inches long that is on the inside of the dash on the left side. It is used to hold the lock in place. I think it is longer than really necessary to allow for easy removal or replacment of the lock without major disassembly of the bike. When I put the bike on the tri-stand and revved it up enough to hear the buzzing, I could actually see this strap vibrating. Here is how you can check for this problem and fix it if it is the source of your buzz:

1. Remove the right side strorage box, as you would to check or fill the radiator overflow tank. This will allow you to look for the strap and remove/install it if necessary.

2. Remove the 3-piece plastic handlebar covers. This will provide better visibility of the strap and provides another hand entry when reinstalling the strap (if the handlebars are turned all the way to the left).

3. Locate the lock retainer strap. It is a gold or brass-colored strap positioned horizontally between the left storage box and the left side dash. The end of the strap has a right-angle tab (which allows it to be pulled out by hand). It is pretty close to the dash plastic, which is why there is a buzzing noise when it is vibrating.

4. Determine if this is the source of your buzz by slowly revving up the bike (on the tri-stand, of course and being careful not to let the wheel touch the ground) until you hear the buzz. When you do, look at the end of the strap. In my case, I could see it vibrating just like a tuning fork. Also, the buzzing would go away sometimes just because the strap accidentally got moved when I locked the left storage box -but is also came back just as easily. I did not use the parking brake during this step because I was concerned about unnecessary wear on the V-Belt.

5. If your strap is vibrating, here is how to fix it: Reach in through the right side storage box opening and grasp the strap, pulling it toward the right side of the dash. Its a tight fit for your arm through this opening but I have pretty large arms and I was able to do it. BE SURE NOT TO DROP THE STRAP or you might have to dissasemble a lot of plastic to recover it! Also be aware that there is now nothing holding the lock in place -I removed the key before I pulled the strap out. The lock only goes in one way so dont worry if it falls out (it probably wont fall out anyway).

Now that you have the strap in your hand, the fix is easy. Simply add a piece of adhesive-backed foam rubber to the flat side opposite the pull-tab (in other words, the side that goes against the inside of the dash). I used a shortened length of "Honda P/N 64307-MCT-770 (Honda Code 8550220) MAT A, Shock Absorber" because (1) I had one available and (2) it is the same width as the strap. This part costs about $2.50 for a pakage of 2 and is available from your Honda dealer or at http://www.cheapcycleparts.com. You could use almost any adhesive-backed foam as long as it is not so thick that you cannot push the strap back in place.

After adding the adhesive-backed foam to the strap, simply put everything back together again. Putting the strap back in place my seem tricky since you don't want to lose it inside the bike. I found that I could help guide the strap by reaching in with my left hand through the handlebar opening as I pushed it in place with my right hand -just be sure that handlebar is turned all the way left so you can reach in at the appropriate place.

I hope this helps find and fix your buzzing noise.

I have been buzz-free now for about two weeks -and LOVING IT!

lol..

but it no longer your issue already ma:angel::angel:

Arai V-Cross2 Arai Rx7r3 Haga Arai Ram2 Arai Rx7r3 Conlin Edward Arai Rx7r3 Mick Doohan Arai Ram 2 Arai Rx7r4 Gunmetal Arai RX7r4 Shinaya Nakano Shoei X11 Kato Black Arai Ram 3 Gunmetal Arai Ram 3 Shoei Neotec Shoei J-cruise

KTM 200EXC Gilera Runner SP Aprilia RS250 Hornet 250 Gilera Runner Vxr Yamaha Yzf 05R6 Honda Wave 125 X9 Evo 200 SilverWing 400 Yamaha Tmax XP500 NC700XD STX C650GT

anyone got battery operated soldering iron?

want to polish plus wax my bike.. but too lazy~~~~~~

Arai V-Cross2 Arai Rx7r3 Haga Arai Ram2 Arai Rx7r3 Conlin Edward Arai Rx7r3 Mick Doohan Arai Ram 2 Arai Rx7r4 Gunmetal Arai RX7r4 Shinaya Nakano Shoei X11 Kato Black Arai Ram 3 Gunmetal Arai Ram 3 Shoei Neotec Shoei J-cruise

KTM 200EXC Gilera Runner SP Aprilia RS250 Hornet 250 Gilera Runner Vxr Yamaha Yzf 05R6 Honda Wave 125 X9 Evo 200 SilverWing 400 Yamaha Tmax XP500 NC700XD STX C650GT

nope ECP toward AYE after the fuji zerox

My bad, mentioned the wrong location. Ya, its on the flyover before telok blangah exit. I saw the mess on the floor when i pass by at about 2.40pm. Was wondering wat happen?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/VoxArcana/Forum%20Signatures/ManUtdChampions.png

2002 - 2004 HonDa SP

2004 - 2006 HoNdA S4 VtEc 1

2006 - 2007 YaMahA MaJesTy 250 MK2

2007 Current HoNDa SliVerWinG 400

My bad, mentioned the wrong location. Ya, its on the flyover before telok blangah exit. I saw the mess on the floor when i pass by at about 2.40pm. Was wondering wat happen?

ya ya..

before telok blangah..

go JB loh....RM30 they polish, we drink kopi and TCSS there...

dun wan la.. i still got my auto glym and 3m wax to use...

hahahha

you 30 SW is most sayang in our group

no la.. just need to use the wax and polish ma..

my bike is nothing compare to SW9000:angel::angel::angel:

need to use wax? that's easy, polish my car loh.....

lol..

ok lor..

goes as per market rate?:angel::angel:

market rate? kopi x 5? keke

since we are friend i give you 50 percent discount.

rate please refer to this link.

http://www.autoglym.com.sg/grooming_charges.htm

:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

wah!!!

I go JB better.....RM80 nia :cheeky:

lol.....:angel::angel::angel:

Scooby Help take care of Trang.. he's moi old bro from S4.. Jus like Ah long... HAHAHHA

but hor.. pls don poison him with ya Blinks blinks ... :angel:

no need to take care lah …… . ; )

Nevertheless, SWingers are an interesting group and I’m amazed by the LEDs and gadgets installed.

PEOPLE ON THE MOVE

my two-wheeler adventures:

FD 4001 D 1998-2001 HX135

FJ 6192 R 2001-2003 CBR400RR

FU 679 K 2003-2006 CB400SFYJ

FY 710 G 2007-2007 YBR125

FBC 9277 U 2008-2011 FJS400D

asked liao.... Lee says dun have the t400. Cos the old 08 have not sold out plus the new ones too expensive cos yen to high......

Today bid coe at $700 also did not get..... Fated not to get a bike....haha

they dun have the new silverwing display there

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

thank,

not this mall:offtopic:

,the newest shopping mall in JB! Can take train from singapore! any one know the name of mall?:popcorn:

Now: Silver Wing GT 400

2s: paggio hexagon 150, Honda helix 250, yamaha majesty250, Honda forza 250, paggio x9 500,Silverwing 400 JDM,Silverwing 400 euro, Silverwing GT400.

I have battery operated one leh... hehehe VERY RARE .. but i got it.. haha

RARE ar?

i don't know that. cuase during my poly days i since it.

anyway can borrow the battery operated one for 5mins?:angel::angel: