SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF Yamaha Spark135

Man V.1

bros, if change from stock to racing footrest does the gear shift be of opposite from stock?

e.g.

stock has to kick down to up gear

racing has to kick up to up gear??

had to ask because someone told me it changes the gear shift pattern or else our engine will scratch something like that.

and where can i buy the exhaust protector uh? those rubber looking bands around the exhaust end? how much? can use on triovals? does it deform the shape?

lol so many question. :S

From what i know, when you change to racing footrest, your gear shift remains the same. Still the 'kick down to up gear'. If you reverse the gear box and clutch plate, your gear shift will be the opposite way. But i'm not really sure if it will scratch the engine. Need to clarify with the experts here. :D and I'm looking for the same exhaust protectors. Wing Yap selling for 30-40bucks while Hua Chin only 10+. But at Hua Chin, stock has never been arriving since months ago.

**Wherever there's a need, there's always the highway!**

:thumb:

• Replies 27.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FTW

• duo

• eddictive

• Lim Ah Wan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bros, if change from stock to racing footrest does the gear shift be of opposite from stock?

e.g.

stock has to kick down to up gear

racing has to kick up to up gear??

had to ask because someone told me it changes the gear shift pattern or else our engine will scratch something like that.

Not opposite. Still the same. But you can make it to kick up to up gear. :cool:

and where can i buy the exhaust protector uh? those rubber looking bands around the exhaust end? how much? can use on triovals? does it deform the shape?

lol so many question. :S

For tri oval get something as unique as these sliders instead. Be warned though. This is not cheap. :cool:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs508.snc3/26676_105885942794510_100001193148916_41581_4345432_n.jpg

From what i know, when you change to racing footrest, your gear shift remains the same. Still the 'kick down to up gear'. If you reverse the gear box and clutch plate, your gear shift will be the opposite way. But i'm not really sure if it will scratch the engine. Need to clarify with the experts here. :D and I'm looking for the same exhaust protectors. Wing Yap selling for 30-40bucks while Hua Chin only 10+. But at Hua Chin, stock has never been arriving since months ago.
Those rubber protectors destroys the look of your aftermarket pipes IMO. If you like to DIY those can be made for just about 10+ also. :angel:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

Actually bro, my mech say theres no difference coz the level to kick up or down the gears remains the same. Only the shifter on the footrest change its position. So, yup. Personally, i think if you wanna play pick up... Kicking down its best la. Fast. ^.^

Can. With a bit of mod it should work just as good. :cool:

That one is new part? :lol:

Actually that is one of the easiest item to install. :angel:

Haha bro do enlighten me.. What mod in order to work just as good ? :cheeky:

The fork stabilizer so hard to install for me. maybe it's just me...

Not opposite. Still the same. But you can make it to kick up to up gear. :cool:

How to make it kick up gear? I don't like the idea of the current footrest to kick down to up gear :sian:

Subaru Impreza 1.6i (SGU) [2006 - ???]

Honda CBR150R (FW) [2009 - 2009]

Honda NSR150SP (FT) [2008 - 2010]

Yamaha T135 (FBE) [2010 - ???]

CBR125/NSR125/CBR150/NSR150/T135 Manuals --> http://www.scribd.com/xbfish

Those rubber protectors destroys the look of your aftermarket pipes IMO. If you like to DIY those can be made for just about 10+ also. :angel:

If i had those fixed on earlier, i wouldn't have scratch marks on my pipe which now, looks more destroyed. Sighh..

Actually bro, my mech say theres no difference coz the level to kick up or down the gears remains the same. Only the shifter on the footrest change its position. So, yup. Personally, i think if you wanna play pick up... Kicking down its best la. Fast. ^.^

I agree, kicking down is better. For me that is. :angel: but afraid won't get use to the 'up' shift when i upgrade. Hahaha!

Haha bro do enlighten me.. What mod in order to work just as good ? :cheeky:

The fork stabilizer so hard to install for me. maybe it's just me...

How to make it kick up gear? I don't like the idea of the current footrest to kick down to up gear :sian:

A little mod that involves welding and drilling. All is not lost. If you are still ineterested in installing your fork brace can PM me. :cool:

If i had those fixed on earlier, i wouldn't have scratch marks on my pipe which now, looks more destroyed. Sighh..

I agree, kicking down is better. For me that is. :angel: but afraid won't get use to the 'up' shift when i upgrade. Hahaha!

What scratches? No peekture no talk! :angel:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

Kudos to you duo for being the most active dude here. You answered all the "FAQ" from the newcomers. Baik sekali~

For those who are new, i urge you to come to our outings to learn more stuff about your Spark, be it external or internal modification(s). Of course you need to be active here to know what's going on. We're a group of fun guys so no worries about being eaten alive.

For tri oval get something as unique as these sliders instead. Be warned though. This is not cheap.

where can i get the slider? looks cooler than having the rubber, price wise?

thanks for clearing the doubts about the footrest :D

its just that my brother claims his friend's spark kick up to up gear after installing racing footrest.

Kudos to you duo for being the most active dude here. You answered all the "FAQ" from the newcomers. Baik sekali~

For those who are new, i urge you to come to our outings to learn more stuff about your Spark, be it external or internal modification(s). Of course you need to be active here to know what's going on. We're a group of fun guys so no worries about being eaten alive.

Was on term break so quite free. :cool:

stock footrest better or racing foot rest ??
The word better is very subjective. :cool:

its just that my brother claims his friend's spark kick up to up gear after installing racing footrest.

Cool indeed. But like I said its not gonna be cheap. :faint:

was wondering y nobody post their pics of thier bikes?
Why don't you start the ball rolling by posting yours? :angel:

Sparkans never show off ^^
Sparkan? :lol:

mine fugly, sure kena criticise if post my bike pic. hahaha! :lol:
You use it as your display pic. So how could it be as you describe? :cool:

KRGT-1

that one slighlty dark, so not really visible. and if you wanna talk about my profile pic, people hardly go to my profile, so secret2 put. hahaha!
Well then I urged EVERYONE to go to your profile to have a look at your wonderful bike. Can look at it more than once! :cool:

Or save everyone's trouble of clicking and just post it here? :angel:

Edited by duo

KRGT-1

Well then I urged EVERYONE to go to your profile to have a look at your wonderful bike. Can look at it more than once! :cool:

Or save everyone's trouble of clicking and just post it here? :angel:

promoting my profile for me uh? sweee! hahaha! :lol: anyways, was wondering, why do i often feel my pipe getting 'stuck' whenever i go speed above 90km/h? my mech twice tune my wind setting yet the same thing happened. any reasons?

promoting my profile for me uh? sweee! hahaha! :lol: anyways, was wondering, why do i often feel my pipe getting 'stuck' whenever i go speed above 90km/h? my mech twice tune my wind setting yet the same thing happened. any reasons?
I know what your problem is.

You need to change new mech. :lol:

KRGT-1

I know what your problem is.

You need to change new mech. :lol:

hahahaha! i even asked unique and hlc and they said they're not sure why. need to open up engine and check all. gg, change bike liao. :lol:

Cool indeed. But like I said its not gonna be cheap. :faint:

Here's the list of bikes that R&G makes its products for.

YAMAHA

DT125R

DT125X

Fazer 1000

Fazer 600

FJR1300

FZ1-N (Naked)

FZ1-S (Faired)

FZ6

FZ8

FZR600R

MT-01

MT-03

Super Tenere 1200

Super Tenere 1200 First Edition

TDM 850

TDM 900

Thunderace

Thundercat

T-Max

TRX 850

V-Max

WR 125 R

WR 250

WR 250 X

WR 450

WR125 X

XJ6

XJR1200

XJR1300

XT660 X

XT660R

XT660Z Tenere

YZ 250

YZ 250F

YZ 400F

YZ 426F

YZ 450F

YZF1000R T-ace

YZF600R T-cat

YZF750

YZF-R1

YZF-R1 SP

YZF-R125

YZF-R6

The lever was installed the other way round.

was wondering y nobody post their pics of thier bikes?

It's because every month we get to see in real life.

Sparkans never show off ^^

Sold his bike.

hahahaha! i even asked unique and hlc and they said they're not sure why. need to open up engine and check all. gg, change bike liao. :lol:

Open up engine? Bullsh!t, just go JB ask them to set & rectify the prob.

Free tomorrow? there will be two groups. Class 2 and class 2b. I will be leading the class 2b groups. Join me if you are free

We go desaru fruits farm and cheese crabs or lobster!!! Hopefully they are opened for business! If not take it as a good ride to start 2011!

Date: 01/01/2011, Saturday

Move off time: 12pm

Meetup place: GP Esso

Destination: Desaru and Sungei Rengit

http://www.rg-racing.com/browseType/Exhaust_Protectors.aspx

For tri oval owners.... its the most bottom of the screen... Very very nice... Lucky i stop buying things for my bike already... quite affordable, but please be reminded that the price stated is in Sterling Pound

Cheers

Shoya, on the track and beyond,

we will always follow your lines.

http://www.motovation-accessory.com.sg/images/article/20/sp_tadao.gif

http://www.rg-racing.com/browseType/Exhaust_Protectors.aspx

For tri oval owners.... its the most bottom of the screen... Very very nice... Lucky i stop buying things for my bike already... quite affordable, but please be reminded that the price stated is in Sterling Pound

Cheers

Yeah. That was what I was referring to the other time. :cool:

http://www.rg-racing.com/images/products/medium/img388.jpg

It can be fitted on our tiny tri oval. Coz I have seen it on one. I asked and the price is 80+. :angel:

KRGT-1

Yeah. That was what I was referring to the other time. :cool:

http://www.rg-racing.com/images/products/medium/img388.jpg

It can be fitted on our tiny tri oval. Coz I have seen it on one. I asked and the price is 80+. :angel:

Singapore where got sell ah??? hehehe... can share??? hehehe

Shoya, on the track and beyond,

we will always follow your lines.

http://www.motovation-accessory.com.sg/images/article/20/sp_tadao.gif

Singapore where got sell ah??? hehehe... can share??? hehehe
Can. I always share the good stuff. :cool:

KRGT-1