SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha Diversion 900

Palary

Originally posted by mctan@Aug 3 2005, 10:12 AM

Just try my luck abit, and see how lor...

There is "dream" there is a hope... just dun put too much hope on it...

Hi mctan,

It's good to have dreams but your Dreams don't just turn into frustrations...and hatred..and end up sobbing :cry: and still sobbing for months...by the time you know all celebrating Christmas already...:weep:

Look for other alternatives screens, take my advise or you like to 'Dream On' ask them when is the CUT OFF DATE FOR REFUND so you -NO need to wait for nothing they promised for, months aaaAGOooo..:sian:

Silverghost...o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

ThE SpIrIt StIlL LiVeS On "Diversion XJ9s"

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Custom

• SiLvErGhOsT

• mctan

• Heyrul77

Originally posted by SiLvErGhOsT@Aug 2 2005, 01:30 PM

Hi Vtec666,

Your "nick" now sounds better...:cheer:

About the (bagster)tank bra it can be ordered at motorworld -10 kaki bukit rd. tel:6844 0792 takes about a month+ it cost about $155/- please bargain! colours ~ black, ash white(silver) and dull blue...

If you order ~ need to put down a deposit...using credit card surcharge +3%, ..nets also can..

They are few type of (bagster)tank bag, priced from $120 to $160...which can be bought, there at the B1...all tank bags are black colour.

I bought the $160 which can expand when need arise..! and the bagster can be shove into the side panniers..!

As what custom says- don't rush into everythings, take your time prioritize your needs..:sweat:

Try to get riding gears with good paddings..protect yourself 1st...then later comes the bike!

Before you head to motorworld, put up in this thread, maybe someone who is free might joint you or meet you at the motorworld..

Silverghost...o_O

Bro Silverghost ,

yup my name have been changed to "vtec666" , sounds really nice ...... :cheeky: :cheeky:

Anyway Thanks for telling the price for the tankbra , think i might drop by motorsports some days to have a look ........

CHEERS .....

Vtec666

:smile:

Dont Think ... FEEL the Wind ,Safety is always the first !

Hi gentlemen here,

I am facing a URGENT problem here.

Has anyone encounter the IU reader problem.

Yesterday evening and this morning, when I insert my cashcard into the reader. Sometime it will detect and sometime it can't.

I had just changed anew reader about 2 weeks ago at STA.

What other possibility will lead to this problem. Wire connection? Batt weak?

mctan

Originally posted by mctan@Aug 4 2005, 10:07 AM

Hi gentlemen here,

I am facing a URGENT problem here.

Has anyone encounter the IU reader problem.

Yesterday evening and this morning, when I insert my cashcard into the reader. Sometime it will detect and sometime it can't.

I had just changed anew reader about 2 weeks ago at STA.

What other possibility will lead to this problem. Wire connection? Batt weak?

I would suggest to get to the root of the problem whether it's the IU or bike fault bring down to LTA for a free check first. U might want to check the fuse on the IU or sometimes with an expired cashcard u will get an error msg.

Good luck

http://img274.imageshack.us/img274/335/steedside028uf.th.jpg

Do what u want when ur ALONE...ride hard...take chances...die young n' leave a good looking corpse...

Originally posted by Harley777@Aug 4 2005, 10:31 AM

I would suggest to get to the root of the problem whether it's the IU or bike fault bring down to LTA for a free check first. U might want to check the fuse on the IU or sometimes with an expired cashcard u will get an error msg.

Good luck

Hi Harley777,

I understand that when an expired or spoiled card is inserted, there will error message show. But as for mine, when I insert the card there is no "pee" sound nor screen show any figure/message. After a few try, it ok again.

I had went for the inspection due to this problem 2 weeks ago at STA, they changed anew one for me. Then ok liao. I had used tried it for last 1 and half week.

And this problem came back again last evening.

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

I think this morning, I kanna camera for this problem also :cry: :cry: :cry:

mctan

Originally posted by mctan@Aug 4 2005, 11:15 AM

I went for the inspection due to this problem 2 weeks ago at STA, they changed anew one for me. Then ok liao. I had used tried it for last 1 and half week.

And this problem came back again last evening. I think this morning, I kanna camera for this problem

Hi mctan,

No worries for small IU problems, just bring your bike back to STA and tell them what you are encountering...tell them sometimes it's okay and sometimes suddenly goes off and the last entry there wasn't any deductions...let them check the IU and wirings again...and they'll know whether you put in the Cashcard or not..when you went under the ERP gantry...!

Myself so far haven't mount the IU on my bike yet...he,he,heee! maybe later in the future! see how? $ob,$ob,$ooob!

Now CTE (city) towards yishun also kena ERP at 1800hrs to 2000hrs :mad: started this 1st August..:faint:

Silverghost...o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Originally posted by SiLvErGhOsT@Aug 4 2005, 12:05 PM

Hi mctan,

No worries for small IU problems, just bring your bike back to STA and tell them what you are encountering...tell them sometimes it's okay and sometimes suddenly goes off and the last entry there wasn't any deductions...let them check the IU and wirings again...and they'll know whether you put in the Cashcard or not..when you went under the ERP gantry...!

Myself so far haven't mount the IU on my bike yet...he,he,heee! maybe later in the future! see how? $ob,$ob,$ooob!

Now CTE (city) towards yishun also kena ERP at 1800hrs to 2000hrs :mad: started this 1st August..:faint:

Silverghost...o_O

yah.. i got to send it for inspection this sat.

If not by end of the month, LTA will send lettersssssss/fine$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to me.

All divy Gentlemen

Just for your infor..

IU reader is under 5 years waranty. If yours is faulty, can change it FOC.

mctan

Originally posted by SiLvErGhOsT@Aug 2 2005, 01:15 PM

Hi Yob-Rekib,

what clour is your bike, now-a-days I hardly see XJ6s' on road...few years back it can be seen on the streets and at HDB parking lots...how was the condition, when you take over.

Have you checked out the YDCN sites...they teach, advice you -what to do or self repair and look out for any arising problems ahead...they cover more on xj6 then xj9..a very informative site.

As I say it is lucky that, the vibration starts early, not later...!

Silverghost...o_O

Hey Boss...

Bike is da white colour... condition was so so... had done some repairs to it.... but i didnt check dat thouroughly... front wheel yamaha... rear wheel suzuki :giddy: ... but slightly larger than stock... can fit 150 rear wheel, stock should be 130... i've seen about 2-3 XJ6s on road so far... BTW, when do we need to do revalving?? :confused: Bike pick-up almost same as S4, but top end not tested yet... maintenance wise, lesser a bit than S4, (the reason y i took da bike...)

if only the fuel tank is bigger... can travel a bit more.... rite now... bike's engine got some clicking sound when engine idling (timing chain???). BTW, have any XJ9ers have ur rear top box installed rite to the end of ur bike & encounter vibrating handle when travelling at 30-40km/h???:help:

YEAH....!!!!

Hi guys

Finally, the skidmarx screen that i ordered 7 months ago is here. Biketech 21 just called me! Will be going down tmr afternoon after 12pm to collect it. $140 for it.

My patience really paid off!

Cheers!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Yamaha Diversion XJ900

Originally posted by Swift@Aug 4 2005, 08:45 PM

YEAH....!!!!

Hi guys

Finally, the skidmarx screen that i ordered 7 months ago is here. Biketech 21 just called me! Will be going down tmr afternoon after 12pm to collect it. $140 for it.

My patience really paid off!

Cheers!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Hi Swift,

I am very interested in getting one also for my divy.

Can you do me a favour, can with the boss whether did he order extra.

If yes, I would like to buy from him. :thumb: :smile:

Or do you has the shop contact, I can call and check with him.

Thank you very much.

mctan

mctan

Originally posted by mctan@Aug 4 2005, 12:27 PM

All divy Gentlemen

Just for your infor..

IU reader is under 5 years waranty. If yours is faulty, can change it FOC.

Talkin about IU, I went to have mine changed and it was the last one there,

had to add a bracket and its the last one too..

also the last month of the warranty...

Mechanic asked me to buy 4D of the IU number.

I went to buy $10 on it.

That freaking night it was the first prize but number was scrambled...

Monday morning, he gave me a call to laugh at me... damn.....o_O

Hi guys , today about afternoon around 12 to 1 plus , i drop by ay HL yamaha ,

saw a Divvy FW7610c , Silver color with a (White-i think ) tankbra .

anyone know this guy...... i waited for 15mins ,owner now where to be seen .

:cheeky:

anyway one question if our tank is low touches the E- line will the fuel lights indicator turns on or wait till below 5L reserve tank then lights on ? :giddy:

i enter JB and my line touches the E -line just in time , but the Fuels indicators did not light up , find it strange , is this abnormal or normal ? :giddy:

Originally posted by vtec666@Aug 5 2005, 02:58 AM

Hi guys , today about afternoon around 12 to 1 plus , i drop by ay HL yamaha ,

saw a Divvy FW7610c , Silver color with a (White-i think ) tankbra .

anyone know this guy...... i waited for 15mins ,owner now where to be seen .

anyway one question if our tank is low touches the E- line will the fuel lights indicator turns on or wait till below 5L reserve tank then lights on ? :giddy:

i enter JB and my line touches the E -line just in time , but the Fuels indicators did not light up , find it strange , is this abnormal or normal ? :giddy:

Hi Vtec666,

Mine, when the needle at the center of the E mark then light up.

mctan

Originally posted by mctan@Aug 5 2005, 09:51 AM

Hi Vtec666,

Mine, when the needle at the center of the E mark then light up.

OK ,THANKS MCtan BRO ,

anyway wat u doing there ? Servicing ??

:bouncefire: :bouncefire:

Originally posted by vtec666@Aug 5 2005, 12:59 PM

OK ,THANKS MCtan BRO ,

:bouncefire: :bouncefire:

Hi Vtec666 bro,

:confused: :confused: What do you mean? My job?

Haha, I just bought divy not long ago from Mr Boliao...

How is your new bike? I heard you just got your bike not long also...

I thought of getting some accessories like taller windshield, reflective stiker for the side boxes etc.

Are you interested to get some, maybe we can combine force...... :thumb: :thumb:

mctan

Finally, the skidmarx screen that i ordered 7 months ago is here. Biketech 21 just called me! Will be going down tmr afternoon after 12pm to collect it. $140 for it. My patience really paid off!

Hi Swift,

After 7months it take for them to get your skidmarz screen, I think I can walk all the way...to europe buy and walk back...:giddy: and don't forget your receipt to bring there! and ask for the rubber tubing/triming it is free!

I think mctan also like to wait for another 7 months...he,he,heee! :goodluck:

Silverghost...o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Originally posted by SiLvErGhOsT@Aug 5 2005, 04:28 PM

I think mctan also like to wait for another 7 months...he,he,heee! :goodluck:

I can order here, then ride to UK, get it fix and come back. It takes less than 7months :dot: :D

I think I will consider either GIVI or Eagle.. After doing some measurement, 62cm is too tall for me.. :sian: :sian:

mctan

Originally posted by yob_rekib@Aug 4 2005, 02:05 PM

Bike is da white colour... condition was so so... had done some repairs to it.... but i didnt check dat thouroughly... front wheel yamaha... rear wheel suzuki :giddy: ... but slightly larger than stock... can fit 150 rear wheel, stock should be 130... i've seen about 2-3 XJ6s on road so far... BTW, when do we need to do revalving?? :confused: Bike pick-up almost same as S4, but top end not tested yet... maintenance wise, lesser a bit than S4, (the reason y i took da bike...)

if only the fuel tank is bigger... can travel a bit more.... rite now... bike's engine got some clicking sound when engine idling (timing chain???). BTW, have any XJ9ers have ur rear top box installed rite to the end of ur bike & encounter vibrating handle when travelling at 30-40km/h???:help:

Hi yob_rekib,

Me no BOSS, me only a bugger like rest of you handsomebuggers,he,he,hee! ~about the rear suzuki rim, I think earlier-owner prefer abit of sports bike look... You need to look at the manual or as I said check the YDCN site (Yamaha Diversion Club nederland)....bike white colour look nice mannn! and where you putting up!

You must calculate the petrol 1litre/Km consumption so you'll know how far you can travel.

Don't worry!- Not only your bike handle wobbles all makes after installing the rear top pannier/box the bikes center of gravity shifts ~ at the beginning you do not feel it but after sometimes of use this wobbling slowly creeps in...same time effecting the front tyres' uneven wear & tear...

About the timing chain there is a tensioner inside that keep the timing chain in the right tension maybe it has worn out...only a suggestion! *please check with the qualified mechanics.

What is the mileage on your bike or is it in kilometers? (1mile=1.6 km) from there you can see whethere you need to do a minor overhaul/valve clearances...as for XJ9 every 20,000 kilometers need to check the valve clearance or adjust- if requires.

Infact it all based on your riding style/handling...how fast the wears and tears take place.

Silverghost...o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Originally posted by mctan@Aug 5 2005, 04:52 PM

I think I will consider either GIVI or Eagle.. After doing some measurement, 62cm is too tall for me.. :sian: :sian:

Hi mctan,

As I say -you need to seat on those bikes with different screens, to make yourself satisfy~ to choose which want you really,really want..:confused:

Remember there is no fixed priced in accessories all need to be bargain and some motortiams wait for their sales...:sweat:

Silverghost...o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Originally posted by SiLvErGhOsT@Aug 5 2005, 05:06 PM

Hi mctan,

As I say -you need to seat on those bikes with different screens, to make yourself satisfy~ to choose which want you really,really want..:confused:

Remember there is no fixed priced in accessories all need to be bargain and some motortiams wait for their sales...:sweat:

Silverghost...o_O

Yes..

when is the next meet up???

So I can see which height suit me best.... :hungry: :hungry:

mctan

Originally posted by mctan@Aug 5 2005, 03:16 PM

Hi Vtec666 bro,

:confused: :confused: What do you mean? My job?

Haha, I just bought divy not long ago from Mr Boliao...

How is your new bike? I heard you just got your bike not long also...

I thought of getting some accessories like taller windshield, reflective stiker for the side boxes etc.

Are you interested to get some, maybe we can combine force...... :thumb: :thumb:

Hi Bro mctan ,

yeah , i also just get the bike not long ago ,

This bike brings power ...... ha ha ha , i love it , just that the original windshield i dont like , too low .......

i also looking for longer type windshield like the other guys ......

i got a roll of reflective stickers , silver color one .......

maybe we meet up some other days and we beutify our bike together some days :cheer:

i quite tight with my budget so maybe the windshield i might get it later ...... when my pocket is more loose .....

he he :smile:

for now , i dont dare to travel too long distance...... scare might break down ,

i might need go for 1 full servicing B4 i hit the long route ......

last time i ride my S4 to Genting , kena break down half way cos of my wheel bearing wear and tear , lucky that time i was near melaka , so drop by near motor shop and replace a new set of wheel bearings ,and everythings fine .......

CHEERS

:bouncefire: :cheeky:

Originally posted by SiLvErGhOsT@Aug 5 2005, 04:59 PM

Hi yob_rekib,

Me no BOSS, me only a bugger like rest of you handsomebuggers,he,he,hee! ~about the rear suzuki rim, I think earlier-owner prefer abit of sports bike look... You need to look at the manual or as I said check the YDCN site (Yamaha Diversion Club nederland)....bike white colour look nice mannn! and where you putting up!

You must calculate the petrol 1litre/Km consumption so you'll know how far you can travel.

Don't worry!- Not only your bike handle wobbles all makes after installing the rear top pannier/box the bikes center of gravity shifts ~ at the beginning you do not feel it but after sometimes of use this wobbling slowly creeps in...same time effecting the front tyres' uneven wear & tear...

About the timing chain there is a tensioner inside that keep the timing chain in the right tension maybe it has worn out...only a suggestion! *please check with the qualified mechanics.

What is the mileage on your bike or is it in kilometers? (1mile=1.6 km) from there you can see whethere you need to do a minor overhaul/valve clearances...as for XJ9 every 20,000 kilometers need to check the valve clearance or adjust- if requires.

Infact it all based on your riding style/handling...how fast the wears and tears take place.

Silverghost...o_O

Hi Silverghost... thanks for the info again.... mileage quite unpredictable man.... some time can get 280 b4 reserve... sometime only 250... :cry: mileage on my bike should be around 170k km or more already... will look into the webby u recommend bro... thanks again :thumb:

Hi guys,

A friend of mine is helping me to get some stuffs in, if U guys interested, pm me, txs!!

Items like

(1)PYRAMID Front Fender Extenda

(2)Skidmarx Headlite protector

(3)Skidmarx Hugger

Price unknown yet.

(2)&(3) are on the way, so once it arrivals, will let U know the price.

(1) is about $55++ less than $60, I think... :sorry: