SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Engine Oil - All related matters in EO

jtzx

The Ta200 that Jtzx is riding now is comfy coz i had the seats made at Eugene Saddlery for $100. U guys can see the difference compared to normal Ta200 seats. Josh last time i think i got do something to the throttle, dats why smooth. Use a good engine oil and plugs and ur done.

Btw Petronas Primax i have heard of good reviews in that it gives good FC....Vidak wanna give ur say on this?

Hydher yes im riding the Vara 125, old version not the new Cisco version. i trade off the good FC of Ta200 in exchange for comfortable riding at high speed and the ability to tour. Havent tour yet though....lol. Phantom is very easy to care for which is something i miss dearly.

Btw Hydher, i tried Esso 2000 for Ta200 b4 and it just cant make it. U gotta throttle longer for the power to come which burns more fuel. Use Esso 5000, best mileage for the Ta200 in my honest opinion.

I want to see the world and i'm pretty sure the world wants to show a little something to me.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh... you did something to the trottle too?? no wonder...

yup now i using Nasa and the NGK plug only... Not bad so far.. will try petronas Primax the next time =)

Time to look for new rear wheel soon.. Did't had time to go scrapyard :weep:

Finrod, join us in F.N.O yea.. can see you ride your bike up north.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

Thanks for the advise. btw I just tuned up my bike. The idle sounds wicked.

Yes! i agree that esso2000 isnt as good as the 5000! I've always wanted to tour. But my love ones are holding me back. They having posb debit card promotion now too.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

Thanks for the advise. btw I just tuned up my bike. The idle sounds wicked.

Yes! i agree that esso2000 isnt as good as the 5000! I've always wanted to tour. But my love ones are holding me back. They having posb debit card promotion now too.

oh ya bro, maybe u wanna try out e EO at ntuc extra. brand i think is 'carlube'. fully syn, 5w-40. 1 litre, $7.50. :)

lol... that EO ah... i don't dare try man... i seen that in AMK HUB ntuc

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

Its a common brand and rating used by those who doesnt believe that car eo differs with bike eo.(I think they have their bike eo too about 7.90?)

Thanks for sharing though i still have 2 bottles of bike eo to use first. hehe.

Guys, dun mean to scare you but next time when you do an oil change, ask the mech to pour your drained engine oil into the empty bottle which you just used to fill up after draining. Usually there is a measure of volume. Tell your mech you want to see if your bike is consuming eo. then keep me updated here ya?

I just realised that with my previous 2 oil change, only 700ml(at 2330 km) - 800ml(2000km) (different brands) is left of the 1L which i filled up.(its within the min max level of the dipstick though)

The most important thing is to check your dipstick often and change your engine oil every 2k km. Dun be fooled by the "looks" that your innocent phantom isnt consuming eo. I cant imagine changing at the manual reccomendation of 4 k km.

Please do update ya? vidak, jtxz, dogshit, armani.. hope you all can help.

Edited by Hydher

Its a common brand and rating used by those who doesnt believe that car eo differs with bike eo.(I think they have their bike eo too about 7.90?)

Guys, dun mean to scare you but next time when you do an oil change, ask the mech to pour your drained engine oil into the empty bottle which you just used to fill up after draining. Usually there is a measure of volume. Tell your mech you want to see if your bike is consuming eo. then keep me updated here ya?

I just realised that with my previous 2 oil change, only 700ml(at 2330 km) - 800ml(2000km) (different brands) is left of the 1L which i filled up.(its within the min max level of the dipstick though)

The most important thing is to check your dipstick often and change your engine oil every 2k km. Dun be fooled by the "looks" that your innocent phantom isnt consuming eo. I cant imagine changing at the manual reccomendation of 4 k km.

Please do update ya? vidak, jtzx, dogshit, armani.. hope you all can help.

yup.. i do know that Ta200 eat a little EO.. But how much of EO comsume then is considered Good or poor?

anyone kind to add?

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

i'm talking about the bike EO bro, not the car one. the bottle specifically put motorcycle oil, $7.50. :)

as for eating EO, mine does eat EO. n i dun check after 2000km. i check every 1000-1500km... safer bro. :) so i have a spare bottle of EO in my box. when i check n its seriously low n i cant go to bike shop, i just pour in. :)

This is what I do every 2000km or 1 mth which comes first I change engine oil. Fully syn only. For the smoothness. ( I do outdoor work)

Why I do this is because phantom has an oil filter which its like a mesh and its deep inside the engine not so easily access so if you neglect this maintenance of changing EO sludge will build up.

For the eating of EO. I think its just how the bike is design. I cant say good or bad. But only when I go up north then I bring spare EO. Down here I dont bother even to check...

Hope this help..

Phantom max EO is 1.4L

Cheers everyone

Selling JBL amplifier

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253308

http://dogshit2.multiply.com/

If you use the dipstick, its difficult to know if your bike is consuming eo. Even 700ml, its still showing at the dipstick. What i mean is when you drain, does 1000ml show up?

If am not wrong if you left 700ml the dipstick will show half.

If I remembered correctly when I went up to malacca. The dipstick was half then I top up around 200-300ml to make it full. So even if the dip stick doesnt show any signs of EO there should be still some... (Pls dont try this)

So to make things clear the bottom part of the dipstick when full you have 1L of EO... half 700ml left

Always make sure bike is upright and cooled b4 checking EO...

Selling JBL amplifier

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253308

http://dogshit2.multiply.com/

No. between the 2nd and the last X marks that 700ml is left. I trust honda and the manual they wrote up to maintain the oil in the XXXX levels and it should be fine. i hope and pray. haha.

they asked not o overfill and check the oil levels after 2-3 minutes of idling.

thanks! i believe they claimed it is fully synthetic. might stock it up when i see it. haha.

The Ta200 that Jtzx is riding now is comfy coz i had the seats made at Eugene Saddlery for $100. U guys can see the difference compared to normal Ta200 seats. Josh last time i think i got do something to the throttle, dats why smooth. Use a good engine oil and plugs and ur done.

Btw Petronas Primax i have heard of good reviews in that it gives good FC....Vidak wanna give ur say on this?

Hydher yes im riding the Vara 125, old version not the new Cisco version. i trade off the good FC of Ta200 in exchange for comfortable riding at high speed and the ability to tour. Havent tour yet though....lol. Phantom is very easy to care for which is something i miss dearly.

Btw Hydher, i tried Esso 2000 for Ta200 b4 and it just cant make it. U gotta throttle longer for the power to come which burns more fuel. Use Esso 5000, best mileage for the Ta200 in my honest opinion.

I could not test FC of the individual petrol available... so I cannot comment on FC... however, if you are talking about top speed... than primax > every other petrol :smile:

yup.. i do know that Ta200 eat a little EO.. But how much of EO comsume then is considered Good or poor?

anyone kind to add?

checking engine oil levels... for a healthy phantom, it will eat a little bit of EO if the bike runs for 800+km with little rest... it shouldn't be burning off significant amounts of EO doing short distance riding...

If the phantom consumes the EO until it is very low on the dipstick or out of the minimum range when the EO has been used for only 2000km, it means a serious problem somewhere within the bike... a good chance that the piston ring is worn / damaged... see the doctor if that happens!

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

vidak : what do you think of using EO to lub chain? better?

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

anyone kind to add?

TA200 does consume some EO....as long as u see EO between high and low level on dipstick, should be okie.

I want to see the world and i'm pretty sure the world wants to show a little something to me.

Hey josh, im using engine oil to lub my chain......coz i can get it free at work. Last time riding i used chain spray but now i find that eo does the same job although it flings on the rims a bit. Lub once every week or after rain should be okie. However i dun think that eo like Maxima, Motul should be used to oil chain....too expensive...lol.

it would attract lots of dirt and grim... a no-go for me... :smile:

alright alright ;-) i felt that Gp1 seems too thin for me??

Hey josh, im using engine oil to lub my chain......coz i can get it free at work. Last time riding i used chain spray but now i find that eo does the same job although it flings on the rims a bit. Lub once every week or after rain should be okie. However i dun think that eo like Maxima, Motul should be used to oil chain....too expensive...lol.

ookok.. how come free? must be from Ms company right =) kk will try here try there ;-)

500k more to EO change ;)

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

alright alright ;-) i felt that Gp1 seems too thin for me??

ookok.. how come free? must be from Ms company right =) kk will try here try there ;-)

500k more to EO change ;)

what... gp1... I thought it is a... degreaser...

muahahaha I just changed my EO from castrol back to chex... wow I'm so not using castrol again... :sian:

what... gp1... I thought it is a... degreaser...

muahahaha I just changed my EO from castrol back to chex... wow I'm so not using castrol again... :sian:

which range of castrol?

Mobil special is a nightmare now.

i using nasa.. seems not bad to me... CHex is a little better only ;-)

Gp1 not degreaser nahz.. aiyo

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

which range of castrol?

Mobil special is a nightmare now.

was power 1 racing, it was fully synthetic... but the vibrations the engine caused... its a wow experience... chex give quite a lot of vibration, but this castrol oil is trying to give me an earthquake every ride... :dozed:

it is a pity..The Castrol that i lnow off used to be afirst class EO....maybe u should try the ones make in England...those thai or msia...are a dissappointment.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

it is a pity..The Castrol that i lnow off used to be afirst class EO....maybe u should try the ones make in England...those thai or msia...are a dissappointment.

ha yea... well... I have plenty of time to try the different types of EO out there! :cheeky: