SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Engine Oil - All related matters in EO

jtzx

1L. Check within xxx marks will do. Always check upright.

Thanks for the reply "sawfly". Will check my dipstick first. If it's within the xxx mark, will just leave it till my next engine oil change.

Definitely will not go back to the bike shop.. So any recommended engine oil for an 8yr old bike?

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
My engine seem to rattle at 80/90kmph. Normal? And can someone explain about engine oil. How to change? When to change? What product? Just collected the bike yest and feel so lost

Congrats on getting your bike! Personally I'm not experienced either but I've owned my bike for more than a year. For myself, @ around 90km/h, the vibration starts kicking in through my handlebars, so if that's what you mean by your engine rattling, I guess that's normal.

For engine oil, I change every 2000km (never above 2000, but that's just speaking for myself not sure about others), just go to any bike shop to change (you may want to look around the forum for reputable ones to start). I have tried Ipone 15.5 and Motul 5100, both 15W50. I prefer the Motul 5100 though as the Ipone 15.5 feels rough after like 1500km.. Just go test them out yourself and see which works for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

synthetic oil can be used for all bike. Dont let people tell you otherwise though people have their preferences.

1.5L is too much and can cause oil pressure issues. Use the dipstick as a judge.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
does it matter if you use full synthetic oil? is it suitable for phantom? i have been using semi-synthetic oil, top up 1.5L, because i don't want to change the oil too frequently, wonder if it has any bad impact on my phantom?

Fully synthetic would be better, isn't it?

The phantom really goes through engine oil quickly so it would be advisable to change regularly and with high quality oil

• 2 weeks later...

Please, help with advice!

I'm living in Thailand and own a 12 years old Phanrom

I change the oil few days ago, to Honda jaso MA 30, and engine starts knocking when hot.

Here we have a lot of Shell oils modifications, but never seen Motul in the markets.

Help me to choose right type of oil for 12 years old engine, maybe i need mineral oil?

I change the oil few days ago, to Honda jaso MA 30, and engine starts knocking when hot.

Here we have a lot of Shell oils modifications, but never seen Motul in the markets.

Help me to choose right type of oil for 12 years old engine, maybe i need mineral oil?

reccomended oil is between the ranges of 10w40 - 20w50

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

engine knocking is associated with wrong octane fuel being used...minimum octane is 92....for phantom

better use 95 to 98..

i love my ezzyoiler

experience the miracle...

where chain cleaning is history...

call 91797182..

:cheers::cheer:

engine knocking is associated with wrong octane fuel being used...minimum octane is 92....for phantom

better use 95 to 98..

I'm using 95.

But vibrations increase after oil changing, and engine get louder...

What kind of oil better for older engine?

Synthetic, semi synthetic or mineral?

reccomended oil is between the ranges of 10w40 - 20w50

Change oil for Motul H-tech 100 MA2 10w40

first 100km passed and my impressions so great, vibrions and noise decreases, and also vibrations after 90kmh goes.

engine get deeper sound and power increase little bit) costs 10$ 1L

How many kms have I pass to the next change?

GmH7d6boJFs.jpg

Edited by pom4ek

Fully synthetic would be better, isn't it?

The phantom really goes through engine oil quickly so it would be advisable to change regularly and with high quality oil

monitor the dip stick every 1k km as for the phantom do used up engine oil...top up and change at 3k km or 5k km....

cheeers

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Always refer to bike manual for actual specs. Thicker EO also mean heat is trap inside bike and may result in burnt charging coils

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022