SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Engine Oil - All related matters in EO

jtzx

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is phantom is a high revving engine and hard on its 1L of engine oil.

Automotive oil shears really fast.

Note jaso amendments

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff37/hydher/903_zps6db804e3.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff37/hydher/jaso904_zpsbb08e44c.jpg

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

• 2 weeks later...

fyi motul 7100 doesnt evaporate as fast cf to 300v after > 0.5 year of testing for me.

also fyii: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?162081-For-Track-Use-Motul-7100-VS-300V

heard that 7100 supposed to be for longer oci and touring

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

fyi motul 7100 doesnt evaporate as fast cf to 300v after > 0.5 year of testing for me.

also fyii: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?162081-For-Track-Use-Motul-7100-VS-300V

heard that 7100 supposed to be for longer oci and touring

Motul is pretty quiet about it NOACK. according to Amsoil testing, the old double ester formula NOACK is about 8.28%. they tested the Motul 7100 at the 1st edition but i don't have the figure at hand. will check it up when free. i guess it might be pretty close.

both 300V and 7100 TBN is about 8 so it not true 300V is not suitable for street use. here an VOA and UOA for the double ester formula. here another UOA compare 7100 with rotella T6.

Motul is pretty quiet about it NOACK. according to Amsoil testing, the old double ester formula NOACK is about 8.28%. they tested the Motul 7100 at the 1st edition but i don't have the figure at hand. will check it up when free. i guess it might be pretty close.

both 300V and 7100 TBN is about 8 so it not true 300V is not suitable for street use. here an VOA and UOA for the double ester formula. here another UOA compare 7100 with rotella T6.

No UOA, or VOA in ur links? :(

Taken from motul webbie

[h=2]300V Factory line, 7100 or 5100?[/h] Choose your oil depending on use and riding style:

300V Factory Line lubricants are especially formulated for the severity of racing applications. Based around the Double-Ester technology, 300V Factory Line lubricants provide the best engine response and protection at very high temperatures and RPM, throttle feedback, clutch feel and ultimate gearbox protection. Four viscosity grades are available for track/road applications with 100 % shear stability and constant oil pressure and two viscosity grades are available for off-road with optimal traction. Developed in close partnership with Worldwide Factory Teams, the 300V Factory Line range of lubricants are also available to the general public who demand only the best!

7100 is Motul’s dedicated 100 % synthetic range of lubricants for modern high performance 4-stroke motorcycle engines. Ester technology and optimized additives ensure clutch compatibility, gearbox durability and power response from the engine. With a variety of viscosity grades to choose from, you can be sure to find the right lube for your bike and your riding style.

5100 is Motul’s Technosynthese® range of lubricants formulated with esters. For the price conscious, you can still be sure that this range of lubricants is certainly not lacking in performance and protection. They are especially formulated for the highest possible reliability for more general everyday use.

For sure, the requirements of a lubricant for normal everyday use of your motorcycle are entirely different from those of the demands of racing.

Motul 7100 and 5100 have been formulated so that you can meet the OEM's recommended viscosity and oil drain intervals without any issues under normal daily use conditions

• 4 weeks later...
Those of you using the Motul 300v 15w50, how long before you guys change it?

I just checked my levels, it's still at the halfway mark, but my engine feels rougher than usual. It's been about 1200km so far.

always have changed it at thr 1500km mark as it seems to evaporate quite fast. dont have a scientific explanation for it.

i would agree with hydher - 7100 seems to be better. (feels better for me.)

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Using Idemitsu 10w40 semi synthetic. Paid 28 MYR.

The senior rider friend was right. Its super duper smooth.

Its thick but flows easily. Very Impressive

But my max speed reduced by 20km/hr. :?

From using rotella t6.

Hi, if change Engine oil use 1L or how many litre?

Life is a Journey.

Take a Joy ride.

17/04/03-10/12/04 Yamaha Rxz 133cc

10/12/04-25/03/08 Honda Phantom TA200

25/03/08-Till now Piaggio X8 200cc

Don't Quit Cos Every Obstacle Is A Stepping Stone To Success!!!

• 2 weeks later...

If I change 1.5l each time I go for EO change, would that be too much/overkill? The previous owner of my bike recommended me this workshop and said that the uncle was very experienced, especially with Phantoms. The past 3 owners also service their bike at this shop.

The uncle told me that 1.5l is better, 1l not enough.

If I change 1.5l each time I go for EO change, would that be too much/overkill? The previous owner of my bike recommended me this workshop and said that the uncle was very experienced, especially with Phantoms. The past 3 owners also service their bike at this shop.

The uncle told me that 1.5l is better, 1l not enough.

if uncle cannot follow manual..drop him...

1l for normal eo change

1.3 l for engine overhaul only..

if u put 1.5 l..your engine it will end up with high sump pressure...and oil mist will be discharge via the sump relief valve..

and bike runs bad..out of breadth..in my opinion..as the engine has to work overtime to overcome the high pressure

i love my ezzyoiler

experience the miracle...

where chain cleaning is history...

call 91797182..

:cheers::cheer:

if uncle cannot follow manual..drop him...

1l for normal eo change

1.3 l for engine overhaul only..

if u put 1.5 l..your engine it will end up with high sump pressure...and oil mist will be discharge via the sump relief valve..

and bike runs bad..out of breadth..in my opinion..as the engine has to work overtime to overcome the high pressure

I see. Feel like kena cheated XD

Anyways, I paid $18 for a 1L bottle of Castrol Power 1 10w40. Price okay anot? :?

Time to review the EOs that I used and am currently using.

LiquiMoly Fully Synthetic RM60/l:

Opening of throttle was very smooth and light. Overall, made the bike feel very light. But at high speeds, opening of throttle feels smooth but the vibrations and noise was quite disturbing. The last 300km before changing, the opening of throttle felt very rough and unresponsive.

Castrol Power 1 10w40 $18/l. Topped up 1.5l:

First 100km felt pretty rough, probably need the oil to set in. But after the first 100km, the opening of the throttle felt very responsive. Vibrations and sound cruising at 80kmph - 100kmph+ were very low and enjoyable to ride. Response of throttle and sound felt very beefy.

• 2 months later...

17 or 23 dependant on the size. Do not use 22 or open end spammers or it will cause rounding.

Better to drain. When u are changing Eo you are advised to get rid of the degraded oil and the other rubbish that's in the oil, (worn metal parts, combustion by products ) hence the need to drain.

• 2 weeks later...

Need some advise here...just collected my phantom custom yesterday from a bike shop...bike age is 8yrs..

Been reading in this forum that phantom actually requires only 1L or max. 1.2L of engine oil..

Was told by the mechanic that next oil change will be every 2,000km and will require 1.5L of engine oil...

Thus, I assume that upon collection the mechanic must have pumped in 1.5L of engine oil..

What do I do now? Should I drain the engine oil or just check the dipstick, if it's within the xxx marking just let it be?

Btw, how do I check the engine oil? While the bike is on side stand or in upright position? Thank in advance..

Need some advise here...just collected my phantom custom yesterday from a bike shop...bike age is 8yrs..

Been reading in this forum that phantom actually requires only 1L or max. 1.2L of engine oil..

Was told by the mechanic that next oil change will be every 2,000km and will require 1.5L of engine oil...

Thus, I assume that upon collection the mechanic must have pumped in 1.5L of engine oil..

What do I do now? Should I drain the engine oil or just check the dipstick, if it's within the xxx marking just let it be?

Btw, how do I check the engine oil? While the bike is on side stand or in upright position? Thank in advance..

1L. Check within xxx marks will do. Always check upright.