SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA200

sidek

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I usually pump air once I notice the change in handling, I.e. steering becoming heavy. I do a visual check daily also before moving off. As an insurance, my tires are filled with the anti puncture compound.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

I Pump usually once a week.. almost always drop from 220 to 190+ as i pillion alot.. thats for my front tyre.. my back tyre is at 280 when i bought it.. i didnt notice so i got rather used to this air pressure.. i dont pump it and it fell to 270 recently.. i didnt increase it back to 280 either..

that time kena one big pot hole in malaysia.. then i go pump air again.. haha

too many things can cling when travelling, even the side covers when not tightened properly gives a clinging sound, keys, meter housing without rubber shoes, mirrors, eagle footrest, exhaust header not tighten properly etc etc.

Any bros out there know where to get mod phantom seat? Mayne brown color single seater those type

Young rider eager to gain experience on motoring and maintenance.

"We can only learn"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jan 2014 - Current: Honda Phantom TA200

some questions to ask:

1. any one know how the IU is supposed to be connected on the TA200? my is shorted directly to the starter relay directly so the IU is *always* on so i dunno if this is correct - was like this since i got my bike 2 years back.

2. having problems starting lately due to low voltage (12.3v, jumps to 11.7 when i start cranking); this only happens after i leave the bike there like 12 hours and the motor starts well if i crank anytime after riding. checked with voltmeter and the rectifier is charging (14.5v at 6k rpm) so doesnt look like a charging issue.

replaced my battery last Oct and the battery doesnt seem to hold charge. anyone has an inkling where there be electrical drain could be after ignition off or why in the world the batt would last that short; or the batt not supposed to last that long?

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

Thanks all! My headlight 25w/25w. And just change battery liao also cannot hold charge after 6 hrs. Probably something shorted..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

Use a multimeter and measure the current leak between the battery negative terminal and bike negative cable. There is a limit. Cant rmb hw much. Can google for a rough number. If very high, u probably have some device or wire thats shorting or draining.

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

Use a multimeter and measure the current leak between the battery negative terminal and bike negative cable. There is a limit. Cant rmb hw much. Can google for a rough number. If very high, u probably have some device or wire thats shorting or draining.

this pdf says 50mA. http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/acatalog/Troubleshooting-3P-PMG-&-RR.pdf

thanks for the tip! nvr considered the leak current test until you mentioned. i'll have a go at it tml when free cos the seat is a pain to get off.

Nope it's the starter clutch that is mechanically coupled to the crankshaft . It's an overrunning clutch and the roller bearing surfaces gone already.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Edited by sawfly

What's the repair cost like?

I just recently ordered a ceramixer (EO oil additive) from the internet. Supposed to restore a ceramic-metal bonded surface to anywhere the EO goes. I just completed the 100km run-in.

I won't know the effect on FC until this tank of fuel runs out, but I did notice that the engine now runs at a slightly different pitch as compared to without the additive previously. Engine power wise, can't really tell for now, as the entire process takes about 1000km for complete run in.

Look up Ceramizer in google and see for yourself what it says.