SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA200

sidek

It's probably the con-rod short for connecting rod.

Overhaul will be around $600++

If left only 3 years not worth overhauling, unless you plan to renew COE.

If scrapping, then either scrap early or ride until spoil.

But be careful no high revvs the con rod might snap.

Finally got the time to go Planet!! uncle quoted me 400-450 for replacing the piston and camshaft... he's really friendly btw!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

I have phantom TA200 which does not start even if its kept idle for 1 day.

If I dont keep idle, run it once a day, it works/starts perfectly.

I have changed the battery. So can not be battery problem.

It sucks to push start everytime I need to ride.

What could be wrong ?

Regards,

AJ

Hi all,

I have phantom TA200 which does not start even if its kept idle for 1 day.

If I dont keep idle, run it once a day, it works/starts perfectly.

I have changed the battery. So can not be battery problem.

It sucks to push start everytime I need to ride.

What could be wrong ?

Regards,

AJ

you might want to check if your charging system is charging yr battery.

could be a failed rectifier or something along the line that isnt causing a battery to charged.

also, check the fuse first. that is enought to cease charging.

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

Hello,

I'm in Songkhla southern Thailand but love this site. Really well done.

I just bought a TA200 Phantom and it began to misfire very slightly when hot.

When starting from cold it seems fine for a while but eventually, when the engine gets hot, it begins to misfire

and then starts only with difficult and continues to misfire badly, including backfires.

I think it might be a bad spark plug, bad spark plug cap, bad spark plug wire or bad ignition coil.

I'm wondering if anyone else has any idea I should consider before taking it to the shop.

The battery cranks like mad so it's good.

I checked the plug and it was dry.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Baz

Hi guys, noob here.

1. Bike doesn't go to 6th gear easily. Most of the time, I shift to 5th and the lever won't budge any further. What might be the issue and is it easily remedied?

2. There is a lot of backfire whenever the throttle is released. Does this reduce fuel consumption significantly and is it bad for the engine?

Thanks for reading!

Hi guys, noob here.

1. Bike doesn't go to 6th gear easily. Most of the time, I shift to 5th and the lever won't budge any further. What might be the issue and is it easily remedied?

2. There is a lot of backfire whenever the throttle is released. Does this reduce fuel consumption significantly and is it bad for the engine?

Thanks for reading!

Hi guys, noob here.

Thanks for reading!

Clutch is gone man.

Get a set of new clutch. But most people will have the same problem as you but in 5th gear not 6.

Hello,

I'm in Songkhla southern Thailand but love this site. Really well done.

I just bought a TA200 Phantom and it began to misfire very slightly when hot.

When starting from cold it seems fine for a while but eventually, when the engine gets hot, it begins to misfire

and then starts only with difficult and continues to misfire badly, including backfires.

I think it might be a bad spark plug, bad spark plug cap, bad spark plug wire or bad ignition coil.

I'm wondering if anyone else has any idea I should consider before taking it to the shop.

The battery cranks like mad so it's good.

I checked the plug and it was dry.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Baz

Backfire is usually problem with fuel and air mixture.

Try turning the air: fuel mixture screw all the way in then 6 turns out.

Fully turned out is around 12-13 rounds, then the screw drops out.

Long term backfire is bad for your exhaust valve.

Misfire could be the timing is off. For that you will have to get a mechanic to sort it out.

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

Clutch is gone man.

Get a set of new clutch. But most people will have the same problem as you but in 5th gear not 6.

Backfire is usually problem with fuel and air mixture.

Try turning the air: fuel mixture screw all the way in then 6 turns out.

Fully turned out is around 12-13 rounds, then the screw drops out.

Long term backfire is bad for your exhaust valve.

Misfire could be the timing is off. For that you will have to get a mechanic to sort it out.

Thanks bro! How much does a new set roughly cost? Can't seem to find info via the search function..

any one knows the original ta200 handle bar's Diameter? Is it 1 Inch? Thinking of getting a pull back 6in to 8 in riser

Stock is 7/8in

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

Thanks! Hmm so it is 22.225mm. That means I cannot strip my original accessories from the ta200 original handle bar to fix it on a steed handle bar (25mm) right? If I get a riser that fit 25mm thick handle bar, is there any way to do it? Or I should just get a riser that fit 22mm handle bar?

Stock is 7/8in

2014-2014: Vespa PX200E

2011-present: Honda TA200

2007-2011: Yamaha RXK135

any one bought any risers from ebay or online which can fit onto phantom ta200? I just realised risers are a little bit tricky as well. The size of the bolt is different too hai. seem like for steed it is 12mm. What about for ta200? I went to measure the threaded part of the original ta200 riser, it is only 7mm. I am not sure if it is 12mm for the non threaded bolt as I didn't open up the riser. I hope someone here can help me so I would not get a riser that does not fit ta200.

Edited by weiqiang

I went the other time but they only have the phantom custom 4 or super 4 handle bar. The TA200 default riser shd be 3-4 inch right? Maybe I will try my luck to get a riser that is higher. Thanks Naim!

Just go LAB and get a 7/8 handlebar with shape and rise u want. Then dont have to mess with risers and worry about fit la.

Hi guys, I have a problem with my TA200. this only happens sometimes while i am riding. It will suddenly have not fuel when i open throttle

but when i close throttle, the engine wont die and seems normal. But once i open throttle again, the engine no like fuel go in and die. Anyone experience this before? I go to my mechanic he also dunno why.

Hi guys, I have a problem with my TA200. this only happens sometimes while i am riding. It will suddenly have not fuel when i open throttle

but when i close throttle, the engine wont die and seems normal. But once i open throttle again, the engine no like fuel go in and die. Anyone experience this before? I go to my mechanic he also dunno why.

Clean ur carb. Probably your one of the jets inside clogged up, not allowing enough fuel when u sudden open up throttle. Experienced that when i was tuning and experimenting with the jettings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

• 2 weeks later...

HI

Anyone knows how many oil drain bolts are there on the TA 200 I see one facing the left, is there another facing the bottom somewhere that i miss?

Any idea whats the bolt size for that nut? Looks bigger than the usual 17.

thanks!

Yes its the one facing left. Mine was a 24mm. But suggest u get a good quality wrench or socket if can fit in. Because the head is really easy to strip. So be careful.

Naim, thanks, I went to loosen the oil drain cap with an adjustable spanner and it works, so good thing this item is just snug n easy to remove. I just try try to see can or not. I will find a fix wrench for it, I have this somewhere but the normal L socket wrench wont fit due to the small space.

Thanks will go and count the gears again. This bike is it when it reaches 80 - 90 km/hr, to go faster the rest is have to drag the gear? Also where can I get cheap used parts for this bike? Looking for stuff like the chrome side covers, maybe an exhaust even.

My inspection is coming soon, any advise for a new comer? The shop said my bullet head lamp will be rejected, I understand so will led lights, what about horns, side boxes, wind screens?