SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA200

sidek

Don't know wor, I heard that since June, they getting even more and more chai lat. :faint:

thanks man, going to send for inspectoion, hope not too troublesome. What about the eagle foot rest? can?

can all mechanic tell if my bike got a cam chain tensioner tick problem? Iwent to a mechanic recently but he said my bike is ok. Today I still hear a little tick, any bros who stay bedok familiar with the sound can id for me or any mehanic can tell? I am not sure if it is normal, the cam chain clicking or is it the valve tapping.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

eh i think that one is carb bowl overflow vent like what naim mentioned. leaks petrol if you dropped the bike. harmless unless its leaking eberysingletime

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

thanks man, going to send for inspectoion, hope not too troublesome. What about the eagle foot rest? can?

can all mechanic tell if my bike got a cam chain tensioner tick problem? Iwent to a mechanic recently but he said my bike is ok. Today I still hear a little tick, any bros who stay bedok familiar with the sound can id for me or any mehanic can tell? I am not sure if it is normal, the cam chain clicking or is it the valve tapping.

if cam chain tensioner issue or cam chain cant self adjust tension properly you will hear the clacking sound from the cam chain or inconsistent irregular cam chain noise when you randomly vary through the engine revs. cam chain noise / clicking somewhat will always be there and probably relates to the amount of EO left for me as well =D

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

thanks, mine is the rubber hose somehow got a slight split on it. This bike somehow lack hose clips so I secure it with zip tie temporarily.

sawfly, do you mean that when there is lesser oil the cam chain is louder?

I am using 15w-40 oil. could this be why? are you guys using 50w oils or 40? its been la little less than a month / 470km and it doesn't seem like the volume of oil has dropped. I am hoping to wait a while longer before oil change.

when I first got the bike, I find that it is a handful to handle as I prefer bikes that are more agile but slowly I am beginning to appreciate the comfort and general stability at higher speeds compared to smaller bikes.

My bike used to be able to start once I press but since I went to have the carb tuned and spark plug changed, It cant start in the morning on first try.

Where to get fresh stock of metzeler tire? I am changing because the front tire is old with tiny dry cracks. so would like newer stock tires. How much for 1 or a pair? Asked one ah pek outside, he told me 70 in front but cannot tell me where he change from.

thanks, mine is the rubber hose somehow got a slight split on it. This bike somehow lack hose clips so I secure it with zip tie temporarily.

sawfly, do you mean that when there is lesser oil the cam chain is louder?

I am using 15w-40 oil. could this be why? are you guys using 50w oils or 40? its been la little less than a month / 470km and it doesn't seem like the volume of oil has dropped. I am hoping to wait a while longer before oil change.

when I first got the bike, I find that it is a handful to handle as I prefer bikes that are more agile but slowly I am beginning to appreciate the comfort and general stability at higher speeds compared to smaller bikes.

My bike used to be able to start once I press but since I went to have the carb tuned and spark plug changed, It cant start in the morning on first try.

Where to get fresh stock of metzeler tire? I am changing because the front tire is old with tiny dry cracks. so would like newer stock tires. How much for 1 or a pair? Asked one ah pek outside, he told me 70 in front but cannot tell me where he change from.

don't accidentally blank off the wrong rubber hose leh. no hose clip is required and only one is meant to be plugged . i dont know what will happen if you go blank off a pipe because this might affect the crankcase pressure or something.. a guess on that. and my pipes are freehanging open so i dun think it matters!

lesser oil means as in volume less than 1L or after a certain millege, not the viscosity rating of the oil. for me its an issue 'cos my my bike eats EO after 1500km so the sound aide in guesswork only.. anyway im using 20w50 for heavier viscosity. you should check the oil level on level ground to confirm your oil consumption (alot of hdb places ground not level)

iirc total 3 tubes: transulcent thicker one is meant to be plugged, is the crankcase breather tube; one of the thinner black down pipe leads from the carb bowl, is for draining of petrol overflow in the carb bowl; last one i cleanly forget liao!

Hi everyone, i'm hoping you guys can offer advice on a matter that has been bugging me for awhile. I've been riding my Phantom for about 2.5 years now. It has never given me much problems till now. Whenever i ride in the rain (moderate to heavy), the bike will at some point lose power and i will be forced to move to the side and wait it out. I've checked with my mechanic and i've changed my EO, Sparkplug and Sparkplug cover. However the problem still persists from time to time. Anyone with any ideas? Many thanks!

Maybe have them check your airbox area. See if there is any leak. Could be water seeping into the intake. Another possibility is water seep into your fuel tank.

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

I had the same problem. Changed spark plug cap and New plug. Increase idling set higher carburetor timing. Problem still happen. Ask my mechanic and he said it is a known problem. In the end I change bike as it is dangerous riding it in the rain

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

you can install an auto oiler, use spray lube, oil bottle n just oil, then ride a bit then oil again. not so hard, I did it for quite a while, sometimes few times a week manually, then I installed a air hose n drip oil on the chain, also ok but I do not significant improvement from manual oiling.

you can jack but like must bring stand n jack, just bring oil bottle can already.

Yes right at the exhaust joint below the right pillion footrest. For added stability, u can place a block of wood under the sidestand so the bike doesn't lean so much

For oiling, i just push around slowly. When cleaning then i use jack.

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

Yes right at the exhaust joint below the right pillion footrest. For added stability, u can place a block of wood under the sidestand so the bike doesn't lean so much

For oiling, i just push around slowly. When cleaning then i use jack.

Got a picture for reference? In the meantime, I'll try looking for that joint.

"Hi bro!

Can you help me out with some of my TA200 problems? There are a few that i am concerned of.

Let me first tell you about my bike, i just bought it on Jan 3. Owner claimed it to be recent overhaul engine,

COE renewed 5 years before, left 2.5 years..

Condition Exterior: 8/10

Condition Engine: 10/10

The bike felt amazing when i first got it bro, but now after a few rides of using a lot of engine braking, because i don't use rear brake in case of skid (can hear engine working very hard when i do so, but i assume it is normal), today the engine starting to feel like there's warm air coming out, not burning hot but definitely not normal, and the engine also suddenly feel weak, like engine break not that effective anymore. Can you help me out bro?

Could it be just a simple change in a spark plug or engine oil? Pls help me out bro. I'm just a P plate atm, and im quite worried..

I also read your posts in the TA200 DIY Guide (very helpful indeed), because i have the same ticking problem when i switch off and park my bike after a ride (idle state??). Thank you.

Once again, i would really appreciate your help bro, pls help me."

Anytime bro. When i was new, many others help out with my queries as well. I feel its my duty to pass on my knowledge and experience to the newer riders.

For ur issue, i really suspect got exhaust air that is leaking out somewhere. If near the tank, it could be right at the joint where the exhaust is connected to the engine. Hopefully its only something as simple as a gasket leak.

THIS IS MOTORSTIG!! haha! that was my friends account this is my main. do accept my friend request.

Hi bro. anyway, thanks for your kind help, i will also do my part to spread to the future new riders when i learn a bit or two. [and also sorry for the confusion in this forum. your inbox was full]

Ok bro hopefully it is a problem as simple as that. But is there any major problems that this could be other than that? Anything i should be concerned that it might be?

If this is problem.. How should i go about fixing it bro? can a spannar and a few screw tightening do the trick?

And also, (sorry for the spam of questions bro), how often should i change a (TA200)'s

- spark plug

- engine oil

- brake fluid

- tires

- brake pads

- battery??

- anything else i missed out?

True newbie here. Help is much appreciated bro. :)

Any bros out there with advice on the situation? pls help.. :)

Young rider eager to gain experience on motoring and maintenance.

"We can only learn"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jan 2014 - Current: Honda Phantom TA200

"Hi bro!

Can you help me out with some of my TA200 problems? There are a few that i am concerned of.

Let me first tell you about my bike, i just bought it on Jan 3. Owner claimed it to be recent overhaul engine,

COE renewed 5 years before, left 2.5 years..

Condition Exterior: 8/10

Condition Engine: 10/10

The bike felt amazing when i first got it bro, but now after a few rides of using a lot of engine braking, because i don't use rear brake in case of skid (can hear engine working very hard when i do so, but i assume it is normal), today the engine starting to feel like there's warm air coming out, not burning hot but definitely not normal, and the engine also suddenly feel weak, like engine break not that effective anymore. Can you help me out bro?

Could it be just a simple change in a spark plug or engine oil? Pls help me out bro. I'm just a P plate atm, and im quite worried..

I also read your posts in the TA200 DIY Guide (very helpful indeed), because i have the same ticking problem when i switch off and park my bike after a ride (idle state??). Thank you.

Once again, i would really appreciate your help bro, pls help me."

Anytime bro. When i was new, many others help out with my queries as well. I feel its my duty to pass on my knowledge and experience to the newer riders.

For ur issue, i really suspect got exhaust air that is leaking out somewhere. If near the tank, it could be right at the joint where the exhaust is connected to the engine. Hopefully its only something as simple as a gasket leak.

THIS IS MOTORSTIG!! haha! that was my friends account this is my main. do accept my friend request.

Hi bro. anyway, thanks for your kind help, i will also do my part to spread to the future new riders when i learn a bit or two. [and also sorry for the confusion in this forum. your inbox was full]

Ok bro hopefully it is a problem as simple as that. But is there any major problems that this could be other than that? Anything i should be concerned that it might be?

If this is problem.. How should i go about fixing it bro? can a spannar and a few screw tightening do the trick?

And also, (sorry for the spam of questions bro), how often should i change a (TA200)'s

- spark plug

- engine oil

- brake fluid

- tires

- brake pads

- battery??

- anything else i missed out?

True newbie here. Help is much appreciated bro. :)

Any bros out there with advice on the situation? pls help.. :)

Young rider eager to gain experience on motoring and maintenance.

"We can only learn"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jan 2014 - Current: Honda Phantom TA200