SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA200

sidek

Went to unique motor today to get my phantom checked. From what the mechanic heard, he told me the correcting rod in the engine is loose. The price to overhaul and fix the problem is about 1k+. =( wanna check with you guys here if the price is reasonable. left 3 years till i have to scrap it.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went to unique motor today to get my phantom checked. From what the mechanic heard, he told me the correcting rod in the engine is loose. The price to overhaul and fix the problem is about 1k+. =( wanna check with you guys here if the price is reasonable. left 3 years till i have to scrap it.

How much does it cost to solve the problem only? Overhaul an S4 in Unique costs $950. I would attempt at least 1 or 2 more shops.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

It's probably the con-rod short for connecting rod.

Overhaul will be around $600++

If left only 3 years not worth overhauling, unless you plan to renew COE.

If scrapping, then either scrap early or ride until spoil.

But be careful no high revvs the con rod might snap.

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

Go to planet motors and not any other shops for a price and yes its worth it even with 3 years left but pay max 600 ok

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

hi wpeiro bro, mine sounds kinda like yours. have your issue solved by replacing cam chain?

i went to chong and he said need do top overhaul.

Either cam chain tensioner or valve clearance. Maybe can ask ah chong just change the tensioner see how. If solve the problem, will be less than $100. If not, the part will be replaced during top overhaul anyway.

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

Hi guys, my engine gasket is leaking oil again, at the same spot where i rectified it last year. Its a very slow drip. Just wondering, does gasket spoil so easily?

2B - 29 December 2010, one time pass

2A - On going...

4 May 2011 to August 2011 - Honda NSR150SP

21 July 2012 - Honda Phantom TA200

http://thrumylensontwowheels.blogspot.sg/

Nikon D5000 | AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5 - 5.6G VR | Vitacon 67mm UV Filter | Sigma EF-610 DG Super Flash | Yongnuo Speedlight YN560

Hi guys, my engine gasket is leaking oil again, at the same spot where i rectified it last year. Its a very slow drip. Just wondering, does gasket spoil so easily?

technically no if tightened to torque specs. those I saw leaking sometimes either head bolts not torque sufficiently, gasket sealing surface not clean before installation or worse in some places "DIY gaskets".. which im not too sure if it really happens for engine but we do that a lot for air compressor or oil pumps.. .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

Or overtighten also can cause problem. Can break the gasket.

oh yah, i read somewhere too much EO will also cause leak also. pretty sure about that for the crankcase but not sure for the cylinder side gasket though.

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

hey guys, wanna ask about modding of phantom. i see some phantom are without all the chrome covers, something like a bobber. quite empty under the seat where the battery and air filter is. very skeletal look.

where did they put the air filter and battery? air filter to an open pod and changed to a smaller battery?

hey guys, wanna ask about modding of phantom. i see some phantom are without all the chrome covers, something like a bobber. quite empty under the seat where the battery and air filter is. very skeletal look.

where did they put the air filter and battery? air filter to an open pod and changed to a smaller battery?

Yep. open pod. Rectifier and relay can be "hidden" at the front of frame's backbone. Wire harness tucked underneath the tank if you're using a gn125 tank. Not sure phantom tank have enough space for the harness. But you probably know that open pod will have problems riding in rain and have to clean quite frequently.

For me, I did not change to a smaller battery and the main fuse is yet to be hidden(somehow lazy to do these things).

Yep. open pod. Rectifier and relay can be "hidden" at the front of frame's backbone. Wire harness tucked underneath the tank if you're using a gn125 tank. Not sure phantom tank have enough space for the harness. But you probably know that open pod will have problems riding in rain and have to clean quite frequently.

For me, I did not change to a smaller battery and the main fuse is yet to be hidden(somehow lazy to do these things).

I see. Thanks for the info! Btw if riding without the chrome covers, does it affect the bike in anyway?

Tried open pod b4. Without changing the jettings in the carb (retune) theoretically u wouldn't have any power increase. Mostly is butt-feel only. I did that, and did feel a slight boost but fuel consumption was really bad (region of 25km/l). Not worth for me, but it sounds good!

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

Tried open pod b4. Without changing the jettings in the carb (retune) theoretically u wouldn't have any power increase. Mostly is butt-feel only. I did that, and did feel a slight boost but fuel consumption was really bad (region of 25km/l). Not worth for me, but it sounds good!

haha, yeah dont seem like a good deal. anyway im planning to go for just cosmetic mods. not power. if want power wont be riding a ta200! haha thanks for the info!

Bike will have slightly more power and be a bit louder, depends on the brand of cone filter.

oh what i meant is, with the original air filter. but riding without all the chrome covers. will the carb get wet easily and stuff?

Agree bro. Only a wee bit difference in performance.

haha, yeah dont seem like a good deal. anyway im planning to go for just cosmetic mods. not power. if want power wont be riding a ta200! haha thanks for the info!

oh what i meant is, with the original air filter. but riding without all the chrome covers. will the carb get wet easily and stuff?

I don't think the carb will get wet, but I'm not sure on the outlook of the bike without all chrome covers and leaving the airbox and all the stuffs exposed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, sorry if this might be a repeat problem but lately, theres a weird "Screeching, knocking" sound coming from my engine but the sound only happens when im just moving off and up to like 40km/hr.. when get to higher speed, dosent make any of those noise. but as im slowing down, noise happens again.

2007-Current : Honda Phantom TA200 Fire Edition

8 Years and going strong....:smile:

2 more years left...:cry:

It's probably the con-rod short for connecting rod.

Overhaul will be around $600++

If left only 3 years not worth overhauling, unless you plan to renew COE.

If scrapping, then either scrap early or ride until spoil.

But be careful no high revvs the con rod might snap.

Finally got the time to go Planet!! uncle quoted me 400-450 for replacing the piston and camshaft... he's really friendly btw!