SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA200

sidek

Wah 5 years. Wont it be damn black? I change it when i hit 10k km mark.

2B - 29 December 2010, one time pass

2A - On going...

4 May 2011 to August 2011 - Honda NSR150SP

21 July 2012 - Honda Phantom TA200

http://thrumylensontwowheels.blogspot.sg/

Nikon D5000 | AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5 - 5.6G VR | Vitacon 67mm UV Filter | Sigma EF-610 DG Super Flash | Yongnuo Speedlight YN560

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Firstly sorry if this is a duplicate post.

I'm riding a TA200 Phantom, 11 year old bike, recently overhauled.

Most of the time when I switch off my engine it the exhaust gives a slight 'pop' sound, is that a backfire?

I searched the forum for backfire normally people experienced it while closing throttle.

So is this good or bad?

My friend said my bike is loud even when idling asking me to clean the carb, is this normal?

I've read the thread about the CCT noise and I think my bike is also having the ticktick sound when idling or revving, is this related?

Honda Phantom TA200 2013-2016

Yamaha RXZ 2016~Current

Ducati Monster 821 Dark Stealth 2016~current

Hi,

Can anyone advise if the battery for bike died? There was no lights ( not even the netural or fuel gauage lights were on), no cranking sound when I tried to start my bike this morning.

I was riding it yesterday afternoon and everything seems fine.

Can I just change the battery and it should be ok?

Hi,

Can anyone advise if the battery for bike died? There was no lights ( not even the netural or fuel gauage lights were on), no cranking sound when I tried to start my bike this morning.

I was riding it yesterday afternoon and everything seems fine.

Can I just change the battery and it should be ok?

Any clicking sound when u press start button?

If not, either battery dead or in also a broken charging system. Only way to find out is to push start, get a multi meter to the batt electrodes and check if voltage increase when u open throttle. If no then charging system gone.

Sent from my GT-I9300

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

Any clicking sound when u press start button?

If not, either battery dead or in also a broken charging system. Only way to find out is to push start, get a multi meter to the batt electrodes and check if voltage increase when u open throttle. If no then charging system gone.

Sent from my GT-I9300

there was no lights, no sound at all. There was no cranking sound, no clicking sound when i press the srat button. I tried to push start but it didnt work.

shouldnt be eh. if battery dead also, should be able to push start. might be ur coil or rectifier problem.

agreed. unless u nvr sucessfully push start or u have spark issues / fuel delivery issues.

i just thought of a crazy way to do spark test on a machine that refuses to crank with the electric starter:

1. put to gear 3 or 4

2. jack up the rear wheel

3. remove spark plug and plug it into the spark plug cap

4. conduct spark test while spinning the wheel in air!

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

Firstly sorry if this is a duplicate post.

I'm riding a TA200 Phantom, 11 year old bike, recently overhauled.

Most of the time when I switch off my engine it the exhaust gives a slight 'pop' sound, is that a backfire?

I searched the forum for backfire normally people experienced it while closing throttle.

So is this good or bad?

My friend said my bike is loud even when idling asking me to clean the carb, is this normal?

I've read the thread about the CCT noise and I think my bike is also having the ticktick sound when idling or revving, is this related?

very vague if you just describe the pop sound like that. care to record, upload for the rest to assess for you?

(back fire when off engine is new to me!)

cam chain will make more noise when its worn but if CCT i dunno if it rattles instead of ticking.

i have a new CCT but my cam chain always ticks when hot or low on eo so i usually ignore it.

ask if your recent overhaul included a CCT and a cam chain replacement though.

agreed. unless u nvr sucessfully push start or u have spark issues / fuel delivery issues.

i just thought of a crazy way to do spark test on a machine that refuses to crank with the electric starter:

1. put to gear 3 or 4

Depends. I think at high gear, i would be really hard to spin the wheel. But yes impt to see if got spark. Cant tink of another way to check though.

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

I got a crazier way! :lol:

Get 2 bikes, line them up back to back, jack them up, rear wheel touching rear wheels.

Start the bike that got no problem to spin wheel of the bike with the problem!

Then from there on trouble shoot, take out spark plug see got sparks or not! :lol:

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

very vague if you just describe the pop sound like that. care to record, upload for the rest to assess for you?

(back fire when off engine is new to me!)

cam chain will make more noise when its worn but if CCT i dunno if it rattles instead of ticking.

i have a new CCT but my cam chain always ticks when hot or low on eo so i usually ignore it.

ask if your recent overhaul included a CCT and a cam chain replacement though.

it's a very low bass pop sound not very loud but audible, happens a few second after i turn off the engine.

maybe it's not a backfire but i just wanna know is it normal.

i'm going back to my workshop soon i'll ask about the cam chain and CCT.

Honda Phantom TA200 2013-2016

Yamaha RXZ 2016~Current

Ducati Monster 821 Dark Stealth 2016~current

1. put to gear 3 or 4

yest night i tried to push start, and with the help of passer-by I managed to start my bike. But it soon died when i didnt rev the engine. Decided not to take risk and asked for towing to work shop this morning. This evening, workshop called me and said is battery issue and dunno what relay spolit. They replaced the battery and relay.

qn:1) how long will a battery last? Mine is about a year old only.

2) what symptoms we see if battery is weak to prevent such incident? i.e. replace before is too late..

Thanks seniors and bros here.

1>How long depend on your usage. Some say 2 years.

Mine currently 1 year 4 months.

2>Headlight start to fickle when signal light is switch on. (Currently experiencing :) )

I wait til start engine button cant work, then push start go planet change.

Or i suggest record down the date of battery changed on your phone for tracking.

1>How long depend on your usage. Some say 2 years.

Mine currently 1 year 4 months.

2>Headlight start to fickle when signal light is switch on. (Currently experiencing :) )

I wait til start engine button cant work, then push start go planet change.

Or i suggest record down the date of battery changed on your phone for tracking.

something to add on other then push starting every morning realizing batt is flat:

1. measure the voltage of batt with multimeter every now and then after a ride.

2. repeat 1 but with engine on, rev engine and check if voltage climbs and to how much.

3. a lao jiao told me if you horn when engine running, head light shouldnt flicker as well.

4. when batt totally discharges and not even charging, my horn stop sounding on the highway and even the signals stopped flashing. somehow the signal relay stops working as well.

I got a crazier way! :lol:

Get 2 bikes, line them up back to back, jack them up, rear wheel touching rear wheels.

Start the bike that got no problem to spin wheel of the bike with the problem!

Then from there on trouble shoot, take out spark plug see got sparks or not! :lol:

then u need two jacks leh. not crazy but ill go crazy trying 2 align both bikes!

it's a very low bass pop sound not very loud but audible, happens a few second after i turn off the engine.

maybe it's not a backfire but i just wanna know is it normal.

i'm going back to my workshop soon i'll ask about the cam chain and CCT.

when i off my engine sometimes it has this thud sound also. happens also when i use other bikes or machines with a rotating crankshaft e.g. air compressor.

maybe its just the rotating parts of the engine stopping at the end of the travel after being powered off?

Wah every 10,000km $65 for filter, i 4got about the air filter.Will change at next engine oil servicing.

Thank for the 10,000 reminder

Bro u mention 65sgd for filter meaning it's original one? The third party one I got is 10sgd only which I think is not tahaning for long with the haze..

And anyone found their engines running more lean since the haze set in? My spark plug ceramic portion suddenly to melt liao..

Sent from my GT-I9300

Bro u mention 65sgd for filter meaning it's original one? The third party one I got is 10sgd only which I think is not tahaning for long with the haze..

And anyone found their engines running more lean since the haze set in? My spark plug ceramic portion suddenly to melt liao..

Sent from my GT-I9300

Mine the engine become problematic after the haze. Maybe carb dirty liao. Anyway read on manual that the fuel filter which was located inside the tank that is attached onto the pet cock, has to be cleaned every few thousand km, has anyone done that? Cause that means i have to drain the tank, remove tank and clean the fuel filter. o.O

2A - On going...

Nikon D5000 | AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5 - 5.6G VR | Vitacon 67mm UV Filter | Sigma EF-610 DG Super Flash | Yongnuo Speedlight YN560

Mine the engine become problematic after the haze. Maybe carb dirty liao. Anyway read on manual that the fuel filter which was located inside the tank that is attached onto the pet cock, has to be cleaned every few thousand km, has anyone done that? Cause that means i have to drain the tank, remove tank and clean the fuel filter. o.O

u mean the fuel strainer cup? according to manual that one close pet cock and remove the bowl below the petcock can liao.. dont think need to remove tank..

u mean the fuel strainer cup? according to manual that one close pet cock and remove the bowl below the petcock can liao.. dont think need to remove tank..

There's another strainer inside the tank. The last time i took that out it was very dirty, clogged with rust particles. Lol

2A - On going...

There's another strainer inside the tank. The last time i took that out it was very dirty, clogged with rust particles. Lol

aiyo. too deep in la.. want to clean also have to wait till u are almost running dry then drain with time on your hands..

Hi guys,

I have a query regarding starting engine as well.

Sometimes after starting my engine as I put on my helmet and stuff the engine will just die down and I will have to restart the engine. Is there an underlying problem to this? Fuel cock on already, happens when I never ride for about 1 day.

Also there was once when I switched off my engine while on a slope upwards, afterwards I couldn't start the engine and I assumed it is due to the slope upwards therefore I pushed my bike to downslope and managed to start the engine after multiple tries. Is it really cause of the up slope therefore couldn't start?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Hi guys,

I have a query regarding starting engine as well.

Sometimes after starting my engine as I put on my helmet and stuff the engine will just die down and I will have to restart the engine. Is there an underlying problem to this? Fuel cock on already, happens when I never ride for about 1 day.

Also there was once when I switched off my engine while on a slope upwards, afterwards I couldn't start the engine and I assumed it is due to the slope upwards therefore I pushed my bike to downslope and managed to start the engine after multiple tries. Is it really cause of the up slope therefore couldn't start?

Thanks.

Check that thing under the tank on the right side. Looks like a screw. Maybe the rpm is set to low? Cannot remember what it's called as i sold my phantom some time back.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2