SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA200

sidek

Ok, did some DIY and realised my MAster brake cylinder is totally filled with BROWN sludge!!!

I just got my bike, so I think i need to fully flush the both brakes fluid. Is this a simple job? Or would it be best to go to mechanic to do? Any idea of costs?

Did my search, but could not find info on this thread. THanks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, did some DIY and realised my MAster brake cylinder is totally filled with BROWN sludge!!!

I just got my bike, so I think i need to fully flush the both brakes fluid. Is this a simple job? Or would it be best to go to mechanic to do? Any idea of costs?

Did my search, but could not find info on this thread. THanks

if u are new to this, best is to bring to the mechanic, and let him do while you watch how - free lesson! =D

its quite simple actually, just that if you are unsure you may introduce bubbles into the hydraulics. very cheap only the flushing work.

u can find info on flushing on the hands on thread there. best is to see someone do it for u for the first time though.

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

ya, this is something that needs feel too. If you do it manually, you need to feel the tension before releasing the nut and tightening it before the thing bottoms out. Let them drain first, learn and next time you can do again.

and when know how to do it next time, you can draw the dark fluids from the top so that it need not go through the entire line. I have never done it in shops before but I guess it is $10 each.

A bottle of dot 4 is 9plus, expensive coz I got from the petrol station, but cheap coz you can do 4 bikes, but you cannot keep them for too long.

from my own mess, i learnt that should use a tube to drain the brake fluid into a bottle

don't let the fluid touch the rest of the brake assembly

Brake fluid will eat yr paintwork - don't let it touch anywhere yr bike!! Wash well with water if u kena.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

Yea always standby a bottle of water when bleeding brakes. Quickly wash off if its drips on the paint. Touch awhile wont die la. Haha. It takes quite awhile to eat

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

hi phantom knights

could any of you guys please post a couple of pics, ref the location of vac air tubes on the carb. After a top end engine overhaul, iam just left with these to reconnect. and yes i did take some photos before disconnecting, however the wife(bless her) cleaned out the "junk" on her iphone, probably had something to do with the oily prints all over the phone!. if anyones interested my engine had done 77k and i was really impressed at the top end condition.

because it was in bits i changed the cam chain and tensioner but original chain was only 2mm longer than new, and tensioner looked pretty good too. some fine engine!

thanks

stevet

TA 200 Parts list.jpg

See if this helps

hi phantom knights

could any of you guys please post a couple of pics, ref the location of vac air tubes on the carb. After a top end engine overhaul, iam just left with these to reconnect. and yes i did take some photos before disconnecting, however the wife(bless her) cleaned out the "junk" on her iphone, probably had something to do with the oily prints all over the phone!. if anyones interested my engine had done 77k and i was really impressed at the top end condition.

because it was in bits i changed the cam chain and tensioner but original chain was only 2mm longer than new, and tensioner looked pretty good too. some fine engine!

thanks

stevet

• 5 weeks later...

Today while riding in the rain for about 10 minutes, my bike engine started shutting off after closing throttle. After several tries I got my bike to start, and I had to leave throttle very slightly on to maintain the engine running. I parked my bike and went for dinner; came back after about 4 hours and my bike works as normal.

What can cause this? Wet spark plug? I'll be going to the mechanic tomorrow morning...

Today while riding in the rain for about 10 minutes, my bike engine started shutting off after closing throttle. After several tries I got my bike to start, and I had to leave throttle very slightly on to maintain the engine running. I parked my bike and went for dinner; came back after about 4 hours and my bike works as normal.

What can cause this? Wet spark plug? I'll be going to the mechanic tomorrow morning...

could be a broken spark plug connector too. usually replace liao no prob

Squee.. to answer your question, I have to tell u a story which happened just 2 two days ago on friday. I was sending my colleague to woodlands checkpoint and was leaving for serangoon to take SLE CTE. Then I was caught in a heavy downpour which I then decided to go ahead and chiong home.. It was a really bad idea as i know my spark plug always gives me issue while riding in wet weather.

So I was silly enough to travel on the 1st lane on sle when my bike started to jerk alot, the jerking motion feels exactly like i have ran out of fuel, but i know i have plenty. So the whole dam bike broke down and I was stuck in the 1st lane. tried to start several times and didnt work, i knew its the spark plug again.

Managed to cross the highway after jamming up the whole 3 lanes and get to the shoulder. And there was when I saw a Phantom knight in his shiny armor with a big kickass windscreen. He was staring at me like a damsel in distress.. and I knew I met my hero. He just sat there and watched as I started to push start in vain.. and then he finally decided to approach me in this heavy downpour and thats when I tot.. (either hes gonna rob me or hes finally gonna save my wet ass)

So he spoke in a malaysian accent, with his Cub zai friend beside him. Both of them then started smiling at me which gives me such an embarrassment My red shone in red. He asked me, what happen and I said "Wo de spark plug jin sui" which means water has enter my sparkplug. He knew my problem and decided to help me resolve, but I said STOP! .. Please my brother, teach me rather than help me. He smiled widely and said :"Do you got a dry cloth?" . And that was it! just a piece of dry cloth which I HAD in my BOX!.

I was so curious to see what magic he gonna perform on my bike.. He unplugged my spark plug connector, gave it a good wipe to dry and he said, start your bike. VOILA! amazing **** my bike started.. Then he proceeded to tell me what went wrong.

Squee if u observe your spark plug connector, there is a cable thats connected to a L shaped rubber connector which is what "cover" your spark plug. The cable and the connector "L shape" are two separate components which is why there is a small gap between them. When riding in wet weather. the water travels down the cable from the top and enters the sparkplug connector thru the tiny gap. Your solution is there.

Cover the Gap with anything water proof and you have permanently resolve your issue. Riding in wet weather is now possible with a phantom! :)

End of story hope u understand and pass on this knowledge to all the knights here. let not the next generation of riders be in danger due to our selfishness in sharing knowledge. :) Ride safe and stay home when its raining. or take MRt

my bike blinker light not blinking after a bulb was replaced, actually sometimes blink sometimes dont but today didnt blink at all. anyone know what are the usual causes? the weird thing was that when the bike signal bulb was not replaced, the lights were able to blink minus one that was spoilt. could it be a wire problem?

Wow bro calico, sounds super scary!!! Kana stall on lane 1 very dangerous!! How u also manage to push ur bike from lane 1 to lane 3 on EXPRESSWAY? I kana out of fuel once in tunnel... I was lane 2 on the way to lane 3... Lucky for me the taxi behind me at lane 3 stop already, so I have safe passage way to shoulder... I cannot imagine how u manage to do it on high way, lane 1 --> 3, and raining somemore!

Squee.. to answer your question, I have to tell u a story which happened just 2 two days ago on friday. I was sending my colleague to woodlands checkpoint and was leaving for serangoon to take SLE CTE. Then I was caught in a heavy downpour which I then decided to go ahead and chiong home.. It was a really bad idea as i know my spark plug always gives me issue while riding in wet weather.

So I was silly enough to travel on the 1st lane on sle when my bike started to jerk alot, the jerking motion feels exactly like i have ran out of fuel, but i know i have plenty. So the whole dam bike broke down and I was stuck in the 1st lane. tried to start several times and didnt work, i knew its the spark plug again.

Managed to cross the highway after jamming up the whole 3 lanes and get to the shoulder. And there was when I saw a Phantom knight in his shiny armor with a big kickass windscreen. He was staring at me like a damsel in distress.. and I knew I met my hero. He just sat there and watched as I started to push start in vain.. and then he finally decided to approach me in this heavy downpour and thats when I tot.. (either hes gonna rob me or hes finally gonna save my wet ass)

So he spoke in a malaysian accent, with his Cub zai friend beside him. Both of them then started smiling at me which gives me such an embarrassment My red shone in red. He asked me, what happen and I said "Wo de spark plug jin sui" which means water has enter my sparkplug. He knew my problem and decided to help me resolve, but I said STOP! .. Please my brother, teach me rather than help me. He smiled widely and said :"Do you got a dry cloth?" . And that was it! just a piece of dry cloth which I HAD in my BOX!.

I was so curious to see what magic he gonna perform on my bike.. He unplugged my spark plug connector, gave it a good wipe to dry and he said, start your bike. VOILA! amazing **** my bike started.. Then he proceeded to tell me what went wrong.

Squee if u observe your spark plug connector, there is a cable thats connected to a L shaped rubber connector which is what "cover" your spark plug. The cable and the connector "L shape" are two separate components which is why there is a small gap between them. When riding in wet weather. the water travels down the cable from the top and enters the sparkplug connector thru the tiny gap. Your solution is there.

Cover the Gap with anything water proof and you have permanently resolve your issue. Riding in wet weather is now possible with a phantom! :)

End of story hope u understand and pass on this knowledge to all the knights here. let not the next generation of riders be in danger due to our selfishness in sharing knowledge. :) Ride safe and stay home when its raining. or take MRt

• 2 months later...

Good morning guys. The morning rain and a jammed brake Audi caused me to Skid. Everything is okay except my handle bar is not even. By th look of it, the metal bar just below the handle bar clipper caused the unevenness. ( not th folk of handle bar ).

I planned to take mc tomorrow cos I hurt my left knee and palm. I planned to go ubi workshop planet isit If I'm not wrong to see if they could just hammer the metal bar in place.

Idk if it's th right thing to do, any advice from th processionals :)

• 4 weeks later...

Open your throttle slightly and try starting again see if it's a fuel mixture issue first. No major problem electrically since u can crank

Also, can't hear clearly the cranking sound, can record again? Trying to hear whether starter motor got engage the crankshaft or not.

If got motor spinning and got engage u will hear "ehik ehik ehik" usual sound, If not if u hear only a whirling turning sound that means starter clutch nv engage crankshaft. If u hear clicking instead meaning starter motor electrically never activate.

Edited by sawfly

Open your throttle slightly and try starting again see if it's a fuel mixture issue first. No major problem electrically since u can crank

Thanks brother shawfly for the comment...actually my bike finally cannot start at all with only the ehik ehik sound (Engine not running any more) i park my bike at Mcrichie reservoir park, so today i call a mobile repair he is an uncle (quite supported by forumer call ah hua) to help me check, he change the battery and a solid gear type metal (i can't remember what it called in english)...the damage is SGD300....TT..i have to save my meal for half month since this is just early of august....is the price reasonable..??

He got give u back the broken parts and did u take photo? Not sure what solid gear u are referring to but 300sgd is steep.. Not sure the starter clutch assembly is that expensive even though..

He got give u back the broken parts and did u take photo? Not sure what solid gear u are referring to but 300sgd is steep.. Not sure the starter clutch assembly is that expensive even though..

Hi Brother,

He open the cover and change a piece of solid metal inside which is hollow and got gear inside, location please refer to the image..part.jpgpart.jpg