SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] General Queries From Newbies

Binteng

Thanks Guys .. went to Planet Motor and got Cheek 9000 for $16 and a $5 sparkplug changed.

Mark is a nice guy .. quite easy going and gives a good advise. The old uncle is all cha cha .. but think .. he got eyes.

Thumps up :) for phantomers.

Though ma bike is just 25K old and the uncle asked me change the chain andspoket ..:) .. couldnt make out if its really worn out. Any thoughts on that

simple test,,

checked the chain tension nut..on the swing arm, is it at the max position?

visual inspection..gear teeth are they sharp??as in knife edge??

can u feel the chain move (on the sprockets) when u test chain by trying to move links up/down motion??

if any of the above is yes..time to change chain and/or sprockets.

as regards to cha cha uncle..he always reccommend that..

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok .. let me do that. ...

The rear wheel got some oil stains .. and I am hating them. If my knowledge goes right .. there is some kind of decreaser/thinner to remove them.

Got any idea about that too.

Which one? How much? where to get it.

Also for Bike polishing and cleaning?

========================================

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep movingâ€

Abert Einstein

just get some petrol and remove the oily mess.. then poilsh it with autosol..the all purpose polish that will bring all metallic surface to a beautiful shine.but the down side is...the surface needs to be polish on a reregular basis..

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

great ..

yeah I know .. if u want to keep the biky neat and clean .. it needs a little more effort. But I am ready to do that.

In the end .. the feel of sitting on a shining baby is alway enthralling.

Is there any place where they do washing and polishing .. like the car wash stuff

Abert Einstein

appreciate if u could point me to the link

Abert Einstein

u mean the "rim"?

yup the RIM..

Thanks Guys .. went to Planet Motor and got Cheek 9000 for $16 and a $5 sparkplug changed.

Mark is a nice guy .. quite easy going and gives a good advise. The old uncle is all cha cha .. but think .. he got eyes.

Thumps up :) for phantomers.

Though ma bike is just 25K old and the uncle asked me change the chain andspoket ..:) .. couldnt make out if its really worn out. Any thoughts on that

yup that uncle is ah chong ;-) he super noisy de.. But good la. so quiet sianz..

that u have to see liao.. how worn is it.. if really very worn out.. time to get it change.. safelty comes first dude...

simple test,,

checked the chain tension nut..on the swing arm, is it at the max position?

visual inspection..gear teeth are they sharp??as in knife edge??

can u feel the chain move (on the sprockets) when u test chain by trying to move links up/down motion??

if any of the above is yes..time to change chain and/or sprockets.

as regards to cha cha uncle..he always reccommend that..

The rear wheel got some oil stains .. and I am hating them. If my knowledge goes right .. there is some kind of decreaser/thinner to remove them.

oil stains on the rim? can just simply use degreaser / autosol to polish it.. easy easy.. Wash is simply.. just simply buy and car wash/soap can liao.. TO wax it or not depends on you..

THis days just wash nia.. Nr use wax anymore..

just get some petrol and remove the oily mess.. then poilsh it with autosol..the all purpose polish that will bring all metallic surface to a beautiful shine.but the down side is...the surface needs to be polish on a reregular basis..

great ..

yeah I know .. if u want to keep the biky neat and clean .. it needs a little more effort. But I am ready to do that.

In the end .. the feel of sitting on a shining baby is alway enthralling.

Is there any place where they do washing and polishing .. like the car wash stuff

personally i wash twice a week. cause the feeling of me riding a dirty bike freaks me off.. SO... wash wash wash =p

bike wash at bukit merah near alexandra hospital.

Steel wool are for lazy people like me who wants a fast job. hehehe.

hydher you going also? bike clinic? i dun mind just going there chilled out ;-)

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

looks like its my turn to ask a question! :sian:

any idea how to pump air into the rear tyre? since some petrol kiosk's air pump is kind of too straight to fit onto my tyre valve... :weep:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

any idea how to pump air into the rear tyre? since some petrol kiosk's air pump is kind of too straight to fit onto my tyre valve... :weep:

Haha can one... just try removing your side box first :) and prepare to get your hands dirty

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4974036153_c36bbcded6.jpg

Life isn't all about one's self...

can can one.. i tried before.. But my hand keep on hitiing the diskbrake.. Black hands after that.

i dont think the side box is in the way right

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

oil stains on the rim? can just simply use degreaser / autosol to polish it..

Try not to use autosol too often. It is a very corrosive agent and prolonged use without cleaning it off well will either turn the material yellowish or cause worse case, cause damage. Use petrol for degreasing and a proper wax for polishing. Turtle wax is by far the best value for money.

Find esso station. The rest of the station rather difficult to pump.

Try not to use autosol too often. It is a very corrosive agent and prolonged use without cleaning it off well will either turn the material yellowish or cause worse case, cause damage. Use petrol for degreasing and a proper wax for polishing. Turtle wax is by far the best value for money.

Turtle wax is very good. i wonder if the carnuarababababbaba version is worth the extra money.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

first i would like to ask about the tensioner, i seen in the repairs and mod thread that tensioner will give a tick tick sound during moving off, so the tick tick sound for phantom is normal...?

then about bike shops, from browsing through various threads that planet motors and ah koon is the most famous bike shops for phantom and greatly patronize by PK... i know planet is at ubi... then where is ah koon...?

lastly where is this LAB mention is the repairs and mods thread...

who can give tips of tuning the carb? clockwise = ? anti clockwise = ?

The answers?

my research on tuning

http://bikeadvice.in/tuning-carburetor-optimal-performance-fuel-efficiency/

read your plugs.

http://www.theultralightplace.com/sparkplugs.htm

Edited by Hydher

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

If you are feeling rich, you can get GT85. Spray on a cloth and just wipe it. Almost all the stain will be gone without much scrubbing. Motoworld has it. I think Planet have it too.

There is a bigger bottle which is more valued for money. I saw it @ Racewerks.

yup the RIM..

ok. i will ask him later

can can one.. i tried before.. But my hand keep on hitiing the diskbrake.. Black hands after that.

i dont think the side box is in the way right

Caltex air pump is good. Its a clip-on. :D

Although I always pump at Esso. There is a way to pump using the normal machine. I'll show you if i happen to meet up with you or something.

Btw, I have side box too. Didn't remove it to pump.

Find esso station. The rest of the station rather difficult to pump.

Turtle wax is very good. i wonder if the carnuarababababbaba version is worth the extra money.

I used before Turtle wax with Carnauba on my old bike. Its good IMHO.

I've tried Maxima's version of Spray and Shine.

I prefer Turtle wax as they provide you with a polishing sponge :D

Hi guys. Something that just came into my mind while riding. When and how do I know that I must change the air filter? I'm riding a ta200. Thanks! =)

Every 15000km? You can always open up and check. It should be on the left side of the chrome cover. If it looks extremely dirty, get it change. I believe LAB sells OEM version. Its pretty easy to DIY yourself. :thumb:

Btw, Air filter cannot be reuse by vacuum or wash. Unless, its K&N, which you will need to buy a cleaning kit separately.

DIY instructions

VTEC indicator for CB400 - http://tinyurl.com/7gvy3vy

Replacement/Changing of T10 light bulbs for CB400's Meter - http://tinyurl.com/8624wsa

:bouncefire:

2006 Aprilia RS125(Sold)

2006 Honda Phantom TA200(Sold)

1999 Honda Super 4 Hyper VTEC(Sold)

2003 Honda ST1300A Pan European(Sold) :thumb:

2010 Kia Cerato Forte Koup(Current)

Every 15000km? You can always open up and check. It should be on the left side of the chrome cover. If it looks extremely dirty, get it change. I believe LAB sells OEM version. Its pretty easy to DIY yourself. :thumb:

Btw, Air filter cannot be reuse by vacuum or wash. Unless, its K&N, which you will need to buy a cleaning kit separately.

Arghh.. Think i buy already i also don't know how to change. haha.. Therefore i think I will wait for the next clinic meet up to enquire my doubts again. Thanks man!!!

Good leh ..

thanks for the advises ... I will try to get some of these stuffs. Not used to all these stuffs .. but want to ride something clean and shiny.

Will catch u guys at the clinic .. sometime .. when I am free with work .. and if I could find it

Abert Einstein

If you are feeling rich, you can get GT85. Spray on a cloth and just wipe it. Almost all the stain will be gone without much scrubbing. Motoworld has it. I think Planet have it too.

There is a bigger bottle which is more valued for money. I saw it @ Racewerks.

ok. i will ask him later

thanks man for your help..

As a cyclist, i bought gt85 for only $10+++ bicycle shop sell so cheap lah...

Now using them for my bicycle chain and degreasing bike chain..

Hi guys. Something that just came into my mind while riding. When and how do I know that I must change the air filter? I'm riding a ta200. Thanks! =)

Arghh.. Think i buy already i also don't know how to change. haha.. Therefore i think I will wait for the next clinic meet up to enquire my doubts again. Thanks man!!!

Yup.. for me every 3-4 EO change i will check the air filter once..

Just went to get a new air filter today from LAB.. we same school somemore. you should have gone with me sia...

How about giving me a call : 96185826 i change for you in school??

You from NYP right.

Good leh ..

thanks for the advises ... I will try to get some of these stuffs. Not used to all these stuffs .. but want to ride something clean and shiny.

Will catch u guys at the clinic .. sometime .. when I am free with work .. and if I could find it

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

hmmm... I shall try esso's pump in the future... yea I frequent caltex... the pump is so easy to use (errr... only front tyre...)

the sidebox isn't in the way... oh well... either way I just pumped the tyre at planet, so its ok for now :cheeky:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg