SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] General Queries From Newbies

Binteng

Erm .. new to here , same as u guy like phantom . =D

and i am totally noob about buying bike. 1st timer , no history record of buying motorcycle in my family so need help from here.

So my question is - Where To Buy Honda Phantom ?

I just wondering can i get Phantom from Boon Siew Honda de shop ? O.O

Or any offical dealer ?

I want get 1st hand de.. money is not a problem cause i want my bike be 1st hand >

I am really god-dxxm noob la.. maybe to your is askin feihua but hope someone would help me on this.. >

Edited by Kev's

Phantom 200 - FU86XG - April2009 to Oct2009

RoadwinR 125 -FBE109XC-Nov2009 to Still Going On

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and i am totally noob about buying bike. 1st timer , no history record of buying motorcycle in my family so need help from here.

Or any offical dealer ?

I want get 1st hand de.. money is not a problem cause i want my bike be 1st hand >

I am really god-dxxm noob la.. maybe to your is askin feihua but hope someone would help me on this.. >

not much options if u wanna get a 1st hand one, as the prod has stopped if im not wrong, even if there's one 1st hand available, be prepared to fork out premium price....

no exp in buying bike??then may i assume ur a p-plate???or haven start off ur riding career??? buying 1st hand is the worst way to start off ur biking career, the point is plenty, but i'll juz concentrate on 2 main ones..

1- Cash depreciation- 1st hand machine price can be the region of 5.5k-7k, not forgetting COE, Reg fees, blah blah blah, which will put the bike to around 8K on the road minimum....once u sign the dotted line for the delivery of the bike, ur bike value automatically drops S$1K, even w/o riding it on the road...

2- Bike condition- Will u confirm u'll nv dropped the bike???if yes PM me, i've got a deal for u...

get a 2nd hand bike from a reputable PK to me would be a wiser thing to do, as most of us here, showers our bikes with TLC....

Cheers!

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

he say money not a problem liao. let him get 1st hand lor.

i also 1st hand, until now bike left 2 mths to go... so sad...

http://www.nutrition4u.sg/images/coaches/VicNette02.jpg

Contact me at 9858 6442 (madman) 9845 6442 (Babycakes)

Visit me at www.Fat2FitChallenge.com or add me in FB nutrition4u.sg

not much options if u wanna get a 1st hand one, as the prod has stopped if im not wrong, even if there's one 1st hand available, be prepared to fork out premium price....

no exp in buying bike??then may i assume ur a p-plate???or haven start off ur riding career??? buying 1st hand is the worst way to start off ur biking career, the point is plenty, but i'll juz concentrate on 2 main ones..

1- Cash depreciation- 1st hand machine price can be the region of 5.5k-7k, not forgetting COE, Reg fees, blah blah blah, which will put the bike to around 8K on the road minimum....once u sign the dotted line for the delivery of the bike, ur bike value automatically drops S$1K, even w/o riding it on the road...

2- Bike condition- Will u confirm u'll nv dropped the bike???if yes PM me, i've got a deal for u...

get a 2nd hand bike from a reputable PK to me would be a wiser thing to do, as most of us here, showers our bikes with TLC....

Cheers!

Just pass my licence ma.. then want to get phantom since is my 1st bike ma ... sian luh , totally no clue how to buy >

Then get a 2nd hand de hua , anywhere to sell ? hope is reliable de shop

Thanks for recommendation =D

Just pass my licence ma.. then want to get phantom since is my 1st bike ma ... sian luh , totally no clue how to buy >

Then get a 2nd hand de hua , anywhere to sell ? hope is reliable de shop

Thanks for recommendation =D

haha... dun get stressed... first things first... CONGRATS on passing! :cheer:

welcome to SBF, and of course, the phantom knights forum!

for a start, you can read up on the guide for newbies (no offense), as it contains a lot of essential information that you will need to know.

I cannot recommend a particular shop where you can buy your phantom, but please do ask a few friends who are much more experienced to help you out... they might spot/hear problems in the bike that you might not notice.

p.s. dropping the bike means... literally drop the bike i.e. the bike lie on the ground on its left/right, causing much damage to the bike... please dun ever drop your bike...

Happy shopping! and enjoy your stay here at the phantom knights forum :smile:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

well. u ought to noe p platers esp are vulnerable to dropping bikes.

whether its forgetting to put side stand,

brake too hard,

inexperience to pillion riding and many other factors...

i wouldnt want to drop a 2nd hand bike

needless to say a first hand..

but in the end its still ur choice..

but getting first hand i tink u will get more sense of belonging

and responsibility when it comes to maintaining and taking care of it.

dun rush into it!

'bikes are your sweet poison. despite knowing it would kill, you would die just to have a taste of it. '

binteng i would suggest you scout the forum for a phantom.. it's way off better then purchasing one from shop.. they charge alot for the paper work fees..

good example is my friend. His insurance suppose to be like $700+ but shop charge him 1.2k for insurance...

yes 18years old thats why so expensive..

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

binteng i would suggest you scout the forum for a phantom.. it's way off better then purchasing one from shop.. they charge alot for the paper work fees..

good example is my friend. His insurance suppose to be like $700+ but shop charge him 1.2k for insurance...

yes 18years old thats why so expensive..

hmm , i think i know u =D

same tp date as you , i number 88 last 2nd =D

but u quite good, got your phantom already..

anyone willing to explain to me what should i need or a guide for TOTALLY NOOB..

well..

if talking about phantom..

model would be honda phantom either 150/200cc

cc being the capacity of the engine.

COE frm my understanding would be

money collected to 'control' the number of vehicles on the road.

this amt varies for month to month

and each month if im nt wrong got 2 bidding exercises (new plates)

insurance would be compulsary for all singapore registered vehicles.

generally for bikes it is divided into 3 parts.

third party(minimum)

is to cover the other person in the accident.

unfortunately u cant claim for ur own damages.

third party, fire and theft (2nd party)

is the same as third party but covers

fire and theft.

and first party

he claim

u claim

everyone claim.

and of course which u choose will affect the On The Road price of ur bike..

which is Machine Price + COE + Insurance.

hope it helps.

i tried my best.

'bikes are your sweet poison. despite knowing it would kill, you would die just to have a taste of it. '

get a old bike....yeah old...and ride it for a few months...understand riding and the maintenace issue...

yeah there is no better way to undersatnd a bike than riding it for a while...

new ridiers are prone to damaging their first ride...thats the reason fro the high insurance..with an old bike there is less heartache and $$$$$ if anything happens to it.

so with riding there is the care of the bike...how much TLC will u be showering on to the bike??.. then decide how much bling u would like to have on the bike..

then decide what bike to buy...new or pre owned..

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

Or any offical dealer ?

alamak...did not read this...((forget about previous post)))

yeah in taht case....engage me i will do everything for u...u just sit and relax until new bike comes..:cheers:

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

hmm.. drop it wont bah , since i nvr drop a bike before when i was learning >

sian , no good dealer for me >

ANY INTRO ???

hehehe i learn also nv dropped bike in circuit and on road, end up while riding my phantom, had 3 accidents, and dropped twice...no one will confirm know when the bike is gonna drop one...

anyway, 1st hand i think its really hard to find one, maybe u can go to bike prod, asphoon, looi's motor, mah motor, this few bike shop are considered quite big scale, so maybe u wanna give them a call and enquire???

Huat Ah!!!

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

hmm , i think i know u =D

same tp date as you , i number 88 last 2nd =D

but u quite good, got your phantom already..

anyone willing to explain to me what should i need or a guide for TOTALLY NOOB..

ahh.... i know you.. we are the heng heng group that only got 1 failure rite...

remember me.. the guy that did 2 times of figure of 8 and luckily just passed..

not lucky nahz.. just that i do my phantom hunting 1month before TP.. so more or less know who i'm buying from liao...

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

alamak...did not read this...((forget about previous post)))

yeah in taht case....engage me i will do everything for u...u just sit and relax until new bike comes..:cheers:

Wao, good guy man .. but how should i do to return you de favour ?

Hmm..you can add me in msn @ [email protected]

cause i really dunno how to do man ... >

ahh.... i know you.. we are the heng heng group that only got 1 failure rite...

remember me.. the guy that did 2 times of figure of 8 and luckily just passed..

not lucky nahz.. just that i do my phantom hunting 1month before TP.. so more or less know who i'm buying from liao...

lol.. phantom hunting ? i hunt liao but still no idea how to buy it ! GRRR

lol.. phantom hunting ? i hunt liao but still no idea how to buy it ! GRRR

as in come spam the forum with lots of Qus and learnt how to go about it... yup.. all the good information on how to get it and the maintanace can be found here ;-)

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

as in come spam the forum with lots of Qus and learnt how to go about it... yup.. all the good information on how to get it and the maintanace can be found here ;-)

maintainence will come later bah.. but now i need someone who have the bike , willing to sell , then the price ..

btw can i have your msn ? talk in there will be much easiler

• 2 months later...

This thread, for the new riders who just enquired a Phantom, but with tons of questions.

A fresh new thread from the old, Questions For Newbie thread.

This is an general enquiry thread whereby shld anyone have any problems or doubts with their machines, that does not classified in other Techincal threads.

i.e.

- Battery;

- Spark Plugs;

- Electrical/Lighting/Wiring;

- Inspections;

-

-

-

Edited by Kev's

我们都在不断赶路忘记了出路, 在失望中追求偶尔的满足..

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

~- Reserved -~

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

Shifted to TA150 thread.

Shifted to TA200 thread.

:smile:

Edited by Kev's

Disclaimer:

• 1 month later...