SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] General Queries From Newbies

Binteng

Hey Tanarther,

New in Singapore (from DK)

HELP ........please

Got my TA200 3 weeks ago - unfortunately from private person, here is why.....

Went to ride this morning - no electrical power at all. I can push start the bike and it runs/idles just fine. Now I have no lights, no indicators signals nothing electrical is working......

Im thinking collapsed battery, bad rectifier, distributor or???

Anyways, where can I get a battery (spare parts) cheap so I can rdie to a mechanic (Planet Motorcycle at UBI, I guess) to get iy fixed?

Thx TC

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Tanarther,

HELP ........please

Went to ride this morning - no electrical power at all. I can push start the bike and it runs/idles just fine. Now I have no lights, no indicators signals nothing electrical is working......

Anyways, where can I get a battery (spare parts) cheap so I can rdie to a mechanic (Planet Motorcycle at UBI, I guess) to get iy fixed?

Thx TC

Hi,

If you can ride. Just go directly to Planet and they will check and help you fix the problem. Don't have to get the battery yourself. They will have stock for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I AM BACK!!!!!

Hey folks, sorry if this is a repeat question but I searched and I can't find the answer.

I'm looking for part numbers,equivalency numbers for some bulbs on the Phantom TA-200: Headlight, taillight and turn indicators. I'm hoping to upgrade the old bulbs to LED but I can't figure out the part numbers to order. The PDF of the owners manual I have shows wattages but no part numbers.

Any help? Thanks!

headlight: H6M / P15D

taillight: bay15d / 1157

indicators: T10

for indicators do note that you would require led relays for the indicators. it would not be a direct replacement of the bulb

Edited by am92

Hey Tanarther,

HELP ........please

Thx TC

Its probably some wiring short out or something. Had the same problem happened to me when my headlight wiring burned off. First thing to check if there is no electrical supply upon turning the ignition is the fuse, whether its blown or not. If it is, do get it replaced and send to bike shop to diagnose what causes the blown fuse.

• 5 months later...

Hi all first of all sorry if there is another topic about this but I searched for 2 hours and could not find what I was looking for. I bought my TA 200 last year and after driving it for a few weeks it would not start, after doing some research and taking the engine apart I found out that the exaust valve was broken, after that came the hard part since getting the parts where I live was almost impossible, but now I have finally managed to get my hands on the new valve and wanted to ask how to adjust them? and is there anything else to watch out for?

Thank you for your help in advance

Edited by Catacomb

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all first of all sorry if there is another topic about this but I searched for 2 hours and could not find what I was looking for. I bought my TA 200 last year and after driving it for a few weeks it would not start, after doing some research and taking the engine apart I found out that the exaust valve was broken, after that came the hard part since getting the parts where I live was almost impossible, but now I have finally managed to get my hands on the new valve and wanted to ask how to adjust them? and is there anything else to watch out for?

Thank you for your help in advance

I only had experience in doing a valve adjustment and not replacement. Only main thing to note is that the engine should be cold overnight before adjustment. You would need a feeler gauge to adjust the valves. There isnt any service manual for the phantom on the net but i managed to source one for the tiger 200 which have the same engine. The valve clearance for the intake and exhaust valve is 0.10mm. Before you adjust the valves you have to turn your piston to top dead centre(compression stroke) using a socket on the left side of the engine cover. Only turn the engine anti-clockwise or else you would grind the starter clutch. Make sure to remove your spark plug first before turning your engine over. Look for a T mark on the hole of the left engine cover. Alternatively, if you cant find the marking, you can use a long screwdriver and carefully insert into the spark plug hole and slowly turn the engine over until you feel that the screwdriver is reaching the max height. Remove the valve adjustment cover on the top of the engine and check for any freeplay in the rocker arm. if there is no freeplay your piston is in tdc of the exhaust stroke so turn the engine over 360degrees till u reach the compression stroke. insert the feeler gauge and check for the clearance. loosen the locknut and adjust accordingly. Be sure to recheck the clearance before reassembling everything.

Below is a video that might help explain the steps:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi guys, I'm a newbie to this forum, am currently taking my class 2B and waiting for TP.. I'd like to ask, what are the pros and cons of buying a 2nd hand bike from shop vs buying from owner please? Thank you in advance

Con: most owners may not be able to hide the problems of the bike extensively

Pro: some (maybe many) shop offer limited period of warranty of which they are able to hide the extensive issues of the bike.

Arm and defend yourself with knowledge against Miss Lemon.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys/Gals,

Probably not the best place to ask this, but I was

ust wondering if any one knows where Mah Motor Parts, the workshop opposite Sin Lin Tower has gone?

They used to be my favourite workshop.

So hard to match that awesome balance of friendliness, can do attitude, value for money, location and fast turn around timing!

They really took good care of my phantom for the last 10+ years!

If they are really gone for good, anyone has any good recommendation along the lines of what used to be had at Mah Motor Parts?

I have tried Planet Motor in Ubi, but they are just not my cup of tea.... :(

Thanks in advance for any info!

• 10 months later...

Hi guys, recently i notice my bike is vibrating a lot more than usual on 80 to 110km/h. And today i realise its even more so for the first few gears. I need to up gear earlier than in the past because it seem to be over-revving and gives a very rough feeling as compared to last time. I just changed engine oil though. Using LiquiMoly 15w40 semi-syn. Also changed new sprocket and chain. What seem to be the problem anyone can help me out?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...