SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha YZF R1 2007

arjen

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by RomeoOne@April 22, 2007 05:14 pm

I encounter the same starting problem with my bike. It just can't start with 1 crank when the engine is cold.

I have asked the mechanic from Yamaha agent (Hong Leong) and he told me that both the new R6 (06 and 07) and R1 (07) have this problem. Anyway, he don't call it a problem...... so...... :confused:

As for the TPS problem.... There was once after riding for about 20mins, before I reach a road hump. I was pulling in my clutch and the engine suddenly died off. So far, only experience this once. Wonder if it is a problem or its just normal... another... :confused:

Anyway... Its a great bike to ride. :thumb:

i neber encounter any prob cold startin my 06r6 b4..

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/wayangxjr/contrast_siggy.jpg

Originally posted by quark@April 26, 2007 03:45 pm

thanks for the information i guess 220km on road can go pump petrol already. :cheer:

well, i believe there's a few 07 riders in this forum, perhaps they can share their views better.:smile:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5048/10304130.jpg

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

Originally posted by `L`@April 27, 2007 05:02 am

well, i believe there's a few 07 riders in this forum, perhaps they can share their views better.:smile:

hopefully. thanks.

The most important thing for a man is that having found his own world.Only by that,life could be meaningful.

Originally posted by `L`@April 27, 2007 05:02 am

See my previous posts. Smooth riding for me, always below 4500 rpm. Reserve-light lights up at around 190KM.

One of our fellow rider here confirmed it.... :smile:

Ride safe guys.

Speeding is the No.1 ROAD KILLER...... U may kill the road......

Originally posted by quark@April 24, 2007 07:17 pm

Hmm thanks.. i see how its goes, so ugly to put on the handlebar.. But i heart they say will scatch your tank.

I got a custom made braket from SK. Fits just nice.... won't scratch anything....

Thought we say custom made already ?? :cheeky:

Originally posted by `L`@April 23, 2007 08:37 pm

only once? Can it be fitted with sliders?

Definately yes.....

But there are no stock available in Singapore yet..... (mechanic told me).....

hey guys,i was browsing the foreign R1 forums, and sorta come across problems of the 07'R1 bikes. first issue is of throttle lag. several riders rode at constant 5500 rpm and when they full rev throttle, the bike took 3-4 secs to react to it relative to reving it at ani other rpms. they even had a video that showed the lag. next problem was of the right rear sets braking. a rider broke his foot becaz of that. the last (hopefully) issue is that the bike suddenly stalls. a rider clutch in and blip his throttle,the bike stalled. another few riders had theirs stall when they were riding at normal street speeds. so becareful of such issues dudes. can go http://www.r1-forum.com

ps.i have the soft copy manual with me in case you need a soft copy just pm me.

ups for R1. :cheeky:

Trading Xbox 360 games. PM for any titles available for exchange.

Originally posted by swirlacer@April 30, 2007 01:12 am

hey guys,i was browsing the foreign R1 forums, and sorta come across problems of the 07'R1 bikes. first issue is of throttle lag. several riders rode at constant 5500 rpm and when they full rev throttle, the bike took 3-4 secs to react to it relative to reving it at ani other rpms. they even had a video that showed the lag. next problem was of the right rear sets braking. a rider broke his foot becaz of that. the last (hopefully) issue is that the bike suddenly stalls. a rider clutch in and blip his throttle,the bike stalled. another few riders had theirs stall when they were riding at normal street speeds. so becareful of such issues dudes. can go http://www.r1-forum.com

I had ask this question before. But the answer is no one have the problem before.. i was told its happen on US version R1. peharps some 07 R1 rider will reply you for that.

i guess the main problem is the engine is cold need couple of time to start.

Not very sure..

just wait for another rider to reply us. :cheer:

The most important thing for a man is that having found his own world.Only by that,life could be meaningful.

Originally posted by AspMonK@April 28, 2007 08:35 am

sounds like that forumer havent get his Cl2

hmm , i got my class 2 waiting for my ride to reach shore.

Not sure about the trottle lag yet.

But my ride stalled twice so far. Think there is some problem there.... Its after some riding e.g 15mins of ride (engine defiantely damn hot already). It will stall by itself when clutch in to slow down......

Anyone experience this also ? :confused:

Yet another TPS issue?Anyone can verify this matter?

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

Originally posted by fickle@April 23, 2007 05:44 pm

the last time i came back from m'sia at tuas checkpoint... I din even notice my roadtax holder flew off my bike. The customs officer did not buy my story and summoned me for not displaying road tax.

i was told that we no need to display rd tax disc.pls check

http://www.g-craft.com/bike-images/monkey/8inch-4j/4j-2.jpg

Originally posted by rinpoche@May 01, 2007 10:45 pm

i was told that we no need to display rd tax disc.pls check

Every bike in Singapore need to disply road tax if not they will fine you $50 for the first time.

But in ur case i feel strange that how come the custom office can fine u?

Or u may write a letter to them ..

yeah i was told buy lta officer itself tat its not necessary to display rd tax disc... tp can check electronically

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/12/46/4746421/125249541l.jpg

i'm not a racer, just an ILLEGALLY FAST RIDER...

Nov 2002 - Nov 2004 aprilia rs 125 (Suppu)

Nov 2004 - Jun 2006 chauffered by TIBS, SBS n SMRT drivers

Jun 2006 - May 2007 suzuki gsxr 400 (Benny)

Jun 2007 - ??? suzuki gsxr 1000 k1 (Spartan)

Originally posted by diablo_gixxer@May 02, 2007 06:10 pm

yeah i was told buy lta officer itself tat its not necessary to display rd tax disc... tp can check electronically

ohh really arr no need to display road tax disc?

but if u look at the letter when renewing the road tax ,the instruction states clearly.

have to display clearly yr road tax.

otherwise if during road block, u will waste yr time.as u have to pull over to the side and the officer bagan checking electronically

Erm... I kena fine $100 before for not displaying road tax, on a road block just to check for road tax. So... Everyone, please display your road tax! :)

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii159/gnayed/n641300248_3172135_77.jpg

Originally posted by diablo_gixxer@May 02, 2007 06:10 pm

Kana two times by them, they juz need to key in a sort of Fatimah device and tat's it.:sweat:

Originally posted by RomeoOne@May 01, 2007 07:42 pm

Not sure about the trottle lag yet.

But my ride stalled twice so far. Think there is some problem there.... Its after some riding e.g 15mins of ride (engine defiantely damn hot already). It will stall by itself when clutch in to slow down......

Anyone experience this also ? :confused:

Last nite.... my 07 stall by itself on e road ....while riding .....wat happen 1st time

after 5min is ok liao

Originally posted by Martin.kwa@May 08, 2007 11:25 pm

Last nite.... my 07 stall by itself on e road ....while riding .....wat happen 1st time

after 5min is ok liao

i kena thrice when i jus start riding it.. don noe what happen.

den worst thing i drop my bike. till my rear set broke..

at first i thought that it was clumsy of me.. cos my previous bike is fazer 1000 which doesnt use FI.. so might have different approach on dis R1

infd one mechanic at kallang, he also cant explain much..

but now seems ok. juz need to on the throttle a bit more..

now i feel riding is a real pleasure on dis bike..

till got 2 luxury cars wan to test pick up on me sia...

Originally posted by gnayed@May 03, 2007 05:06 pm

Erm... I kena fine $100 before for not displaying road tax, on a road block just to check for road tax. So... Everyone, please display your road tax! :)

Did you produce the road tax disc on the spot? (eg: kept in wallet )

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5999/sbfsignature.jpg

Originally posted by Martin.kwa@May 09, 2007 09:33 pm

Sian 07 Sux

I suppose you are riding the 07 too. Why so worked up friend ? Because of the stalling of engine ? Think on the positive side, if there are any problems, there must be a way to solve it.... :thumb:

Ride safe yammies..