SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha YZF R1 2007

arjen

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well..today just experianced the engine dying off after only 1200km of mileage clocked. so any of u got ur bikes checked by hong leong? or just waiting for them to do a major recall if there is any?

well..today just experianced the engine dying off after only 1200km of mileage clocked. so any of u got ur bikes checked by hong leong? or just waiting for them to do a major recall if there is any?

does it happened tat often?

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5048/10304130.jpg

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

does it happened tat often?

actually it only happened to me on only night..died off like 3 times. but i managed to get the bike restarted almost immediately. anyway i left my bike at hong leong and collected it 2 days later.. which is today. and i forgot to ask what they did to ensure that the engine will not die down again. i'll do that on monday and update u ppl.

can anybody tell me the proper way of runnin in....

read ur mannual la ....

states clearly there

1-1599km not abv 6.9rpm

1600km-3000km not abv 7.9rpm

1st oil change@200km (mineral oil + oil filter)

2nd oil change@800km (mineral oil + oil filter)

3rd oil change@1100km (semi-syn + oil filter)

4th oil change@2000km (fully-syn)

5th oil change@3000km (fully-syn + oil filter)

dun flame me ... but this is wat i plan to do to run in my bike.. diff ppl diff style .... juz finish my 3rd oil change only

-------------------------------

Hard run in style asf:

1- 500km rev not above 6.9rpm

500- 1500km full rev not above 12rpm

1st oil change@100km (mineral oil + oil filter)

2nd oil change@500km (mineral oil + oil filter)

3rd oil change@800km (fully syn + oil filter)

4th oil change@ 1500km (fully syn + oil filter)

Sigh .... so bored ...

Getting Poorer every yr

btw juz a concern, i tink the R1 07 have the same problem as the frazer guys, the tank cap doesnt seal properly and water will get into the tank.

haiz .....

bike feel weird after washing

Sigh .... so bored ...

Getting Poorer every yr

read ur mannual la ....

states clearly there

1-1599km not abv 6.9rpm

1600km-3000km not abv 7.9rpm

1st oil change@200km (mineral oil + oil filter)

2nd oil change@800km (mineral oil + oil filter)

3rd oil change@1100km (semi-syn + oil filter)

4th oil change@2000km (fully-syn)

5th oil change@3000km (fully-syn + oil filter)

dun flame me ... but this is wat i plan to do to run in my bike.. diff ppl diff style .... juz finish my 3rd oil change only

-------------------------------

Hard run in style asf:

1- 500km rev not above 6.9rpm

500- 1500km full rev not above 12rpm

1st oil change@100km (mineral oil + oil filter)

2nd oil change@500km (mineral oil + oil filter)

3rd oil change@800km (fully syn + oil filter)

4th oil change@ 1500km (fully syn + oil filter)

hard run in singapore???? not a gd idea.. got effect yr bike meh?? so u got any stall problem wif yr bike??

hard run in singapore???? not a gd idea.. got effect yr bike meh?? so u got any stall problem wif yr bike??

nope stall problems ....

i guess some ppl stall their r1 is bcoz of the slipper clutch installed, which many arent used to having a slipper clutch b4.

really depends on individuals .... doesnt make much of a difference on hard run-in or follow the mannual

Sigh .... so bored ...

Getting Poorer every yr

nope stall problems ....

i guess some ppl stall their r1 is bcoz of the slipper clutch installed, which many arent used to having a slipper clutch b4.

really depends on individuals .... doesnt make much of a difference on hard run-in or follow the mannual

thanks bro!! u got the point bout the stall problem. way u say is true. anyway its a great bike!! have a nice day for all R1 riders:thumb:

Gucci,

Glad to hear that Hong Leong had solved the problem. So what actually did they do to the bike to rectify the problem ?

Ride Safe Guys...

actually it only happened to me on only night..died off like 3 times. but i managed to get the bike restarted almost immediately. anyway i left my bike at hong leong and collected it 2 days later.. which is today. and i forgot to ask what they did to ensure that the engine will not die down again. i'll do that on monday and update u ppl.

Speeding is the No.1 ROAD KILLER...... U may kill the road......

can anybody recommend any bike shop for servicin class 2 bikes??

Bikewerk or Planet.

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

aftermarket sets.. weak lah the shipment.

i have read uk mag. and one of the staff who got a R1 o7, have oredi done some mods. he had a bubble windshield, which is definitely we all need

which brand is it?