SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CB250 Nighthawk, Following  

17 members have voted

1. 1. CB250 Nighthawk, Following

• Coe sufficient
    • Modding potential
    • Parts availability
    • Plugs change frequency
    • Engine oil type and change frequency
    • Lifespan of original parts
    • Flexibility of cheaper parts use
    • Moifying potential
    • Able to use any grade of petrol fuel
    • Potential for 4 rounds of COE
    • Easy to pass inspection
    • Low road tax
    • Daily ride potential
    • Low fuel consumption
    • Ease of maintenance
    • Ease of riding

I am experiencing this problem right now. I can't e-start my bike and the only way is to push start it. When I am able to start it, I have to keep "playing" with the throttle and not let go of it else the bike will die again. And somehow, the exhaust seems to sound different and I can smell the petrol much easier. So what's the problem here?

I'm using Spec 1. The fuel is still half. My signal light all works but can it be because of battery?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cone bearing is under the area where we put insert our key rite? i change my cone bearing at my usual bike shop for $120...

but bro, unique sell original cone bearing rite? i will go unique for my next cone bearing..thanks :)

Next cone bearing? Bro, cone bearing no need to change like changin air filter. Lol. Cone can last u very long time. 5 to 6 yrs...

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu205/ainyan090407/LVInfernalWar.jpg

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu205/ainyan090407/3583_photo.jpg

I am experiencing this problem right now. I can't e-start my bike and the only way is to push start it. When I am able to start it, I have to keep "playing" with the throttle and not let go of it else the bike will die again. And somehow, the exhaust seems to sound different and I can smell the petrol much easier. So what's the problem here?

I'm using Spec 1. The fuel is still half. My signal light all works but can it be because of battery?

U might wanna check with ur mech bro...

smell petrol? is it overflow? when you start is no cranking or crank liao cannot start. no cranking means batt flat which can be due to alot of factors lor. Push start faster go bike shop that you trust and get it fix. If go to a shop you dunno be prepare to kena chop carrot head or really no choice go the nearest and seek their advise and prices before let them operate. They open up, stop you from leaving and slowly slowly chop carrot head. If just bought from bikeshop call them to tow and bring to repair if still under warranty. Good luck

Forget them all..don't find them comfortable after awhile...myelf is using Vtec 3 one now and changing it too. I seen quite a number of riders using those of the BMW's one..and I tried it, felt so "full"..soft and comfortable. Have to go to the Bukit Timah BMW bkie showroom there to buy..about $20 or so.

Alright thanks ah pek. long time haven seen u already. Soon i m coming for your EO .. whohohoho, the last time i chg the eo lastest me 8000km quite good, but recently chg to Agip , well, juz to check how long can these last? FULLY systhetic?

arhghg!!

i chg a KNN filter , when i think i shouldnt even need to la..

Does BUKIT TIMAH BMW help u to chg the grip as well?

I need to chg them.

I will probably come and find you for EO and AIR FILTER mid july ok?

*let you know one day before hand right?* your usual style?

cheers!!

2001-2002 Aprilia RS125 FP **8 P

2005-2005 Aprilia Y2k FX 8*22 G

2008-2009 DNA Piaggio FY *49* U

smell petrol? is it overflow? when you start is no cranking or crank liao cannot start. no cranking means batt flat which can be due to alot of factors lor. Push start faster go bike shop that you trust and get it fix. If go to a shop you dunno be prepare to kena chop carrot head or really no choice go the nearest and seek their advise and prices before let them operate. They open up, stop you from leaving and slowly slowly chop carrot head. If just bought from bikeshop call them to tow and bring to repair if still under warranty. Good luck

It might be a chance that the battery is flat or the other factor is that my spark plug need to be changed. That's what my dad says. Gonna go to a bike shop tomorrow.

Hi there could anyone advise me as i am thinking of letting go my super4 spec3 for coi but i have not paid monthly installment since jan as i went prison and just released few days back and not working so i cant maintain my bike anymore.monthly coi is $263.5 per month. And am looking for about $1000 cash.And am wondering how to transfer name/ownership if i find a buyer.Could someone help me with the details or what i should do? Any help or advise will be much appreciated.

Bike payment details:

Overdue amount including june would be from jan: $1317.5

Monthly installment : $263.50

Months Left (excluding from jan -june) : $263.5x41=$10803.5

Road tax has expired few days back.

So i would really appreciate if someone could give me some advice on what i should do as i am not able to pay the amount as i am not working,thanks alot

Hi guys i just got a super 4 spec1 recently. The bike is pretty good so far except that it heats up very fast. The trip of about 20km i can already feel the heat on my leg. Is that normal? Hope you guys here can advice.

Hi guys i just got a super 4 spec1 recently. The bike is pretty good so far except that it heats up very fast. The trip of about 20km i can already feel the heat on my leg. Is that normal? Hope you guys here can advice.

Hard to tell how hot is hot base on your description but did the radiator fan cuts on or temperature light indictor shows? This is a 100cc percyclinder bike and there are four of them and usually is hot if you are comparing it to a Class2A bike.:sian:

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

Hi ah pek, hot till my knee cannot grip the side when i wearing bermudas. It burning hot that cant touch even. I ask the bike shop but they say its normal which i seriously have doubts. Currently the meter cannot see the temp as its not working, still waiting for the stock to come for them to change for me. Hope you can give me some suggestion.

Hi ah pek, hot till my knee cannot grip the side when i wearing bermudas. It burning hot that cant touch even. I ask the bike shop but they say its normal which i seriously have doubts. Currently the meter cannot see the temp as its not working, still waiting for the stock to come for them to change for me. Hope you can give me some suggestion.

I see..btw, u did not mentioned wheather your fan has cut on or not and base on the 'hotness' u describe..sound like it should unless your fan switch sensor is out of function. Your fan itself can be faulty too.There could be blockage due to rust in your cooling system likely.

I suggest u have the fan grounded and check if it works and if it does..could be thermostat or radiator fan switch problem. Nonetheless, you have to check your coolant for proper colouration and condition. If the bike is still under warranty by the shop..have them rectified these problems..every cent for a good safe ride comes from your $s. If you need help, just pm me. I don't post ehre often but mostly at the non-vtec thread.:sian:

alrite i really appreciate it. i think i will go back and tok to them again since its still under warranty. just needed some assurance tt i am not being paranoid abt it. thanks a million!

Hi there could anyone advise me as i am thinking of letting go my super4 spec3 for coi but i have not paid monthly installment since jan as i went prison and just released few days back and not working so i cant maintain my bike anymore.monthly coi is $263.5 per month. And am looking for about $1000 cash.And am wondering how to transfer name/ownership if i find a buyer.Could someone help me with the details or what i should do? Any help or advise will be much appreciated.

Bike payment details:

Overdue amount including june would be from jan: $1317.5

Monthly installment : $263.50

Months Left (excluding from jan -june) : $263.5x41=$10803.5

Road tax has expired few days back.

So i would really appreciate if someone could give me some advice on what i should do as i am not able to pay the amount as i am not working,thanks alot

Wow bro, you have to consider alot of things before selling your bike man. You have not paid installments from Jan? There's charges. Then not to forget shop charges etc etc. I'm not able to help that much bro...

Next cone bearing? Bro, cone bearing no need to change like changin air filter. Lol. Cone can last u very long time. 5 to 6 yrs...

oh ya bro,u understand..thanks anyway..

so unquie sellin original cone bearing rite cause i knw cone bearing dnt have any type than original..$70 is really a gd price..even a famous shop i ask at alexandar is also $120..

cheers!

2003-2007 Phantom 200

2007-2008 Super4/Spec II

2008-2009 k2 Hayabusa

2009-2009 Wave 125

2009-2010 Super4/Spec II

2010-2012 Super4/Spec III

hi bros,

im plannin to change sprocket and chain soon for my spec3..im on a budget but will also like to hav a resonable price with a resonable quality..mostly i used my bike only as a transport goin to sch n wk. any recommendations? i knw die die must use did x-ring rite? how about e sprocket?

cheers!

2003-2007 Phantom 200

2007-2008 Super4/Spec II

2008-2009 k2 Hayabusa

2009-2009 Wave 125

2009-2010 Super4/Spec II

2010-2012 Super4/Spec III

Hi guys,

I'm having a little trouble with my spec 2. I can seem to start my bike when its in another gear other then neutral. I've already pulled in the clutch and side stand was up. I can only start my bike when its in neutral. I only realised this recently because i stalled my bike at a traffic light and i couldn't start my bike until i kicked it into neutral then pushed the damn starter. I didn't have this problem few months back because i remembered I used to have started the bike in other gears with the clutch pulled in. Please help.

Hi guys,

I'm having a little trouble with my spec 2. I can seem to start my bike when its in another gear other then neutral. I've already pulled in the clutch and side stand was up. I can only start my bike when its in neutral. I only realised this recently because i stalled my bike at a traffic light and i couldn't start my bike until i kicked it into neutral then pushed the damn starter. I didn't have this problem few months back because i remembered I used to have started the bike in other gears with the clutch pulled in. Please help.

Check your clutch lever clamp to the handle and see if the two connector there is in place.:sian:

planning to change battery for my s4 spec1.was quoted $95 for a battery by a motordiam.dunno wat brand,he didnt say.so which brand of battery is best for my spec1 and pricing?pls advice...tks

Yuasa YTX9B should be $75...you need help..getting..pm me.:sian:

Hi Guys im riding spec2 and changing to a higher and wider handle bar for my bike.After i bought & install "This Bar" by my own i noticed that my throttle & clutch cable is too stress & i swap back to stock bar....i wonder is there any longer cables than e stock ones...where and how much it cost for the 2 cables with installation?

Hope this help...Thanx

My FirsT anD PoWerFUL bikE in 1996 HONDA MBX Masih Blum Xpert

• 2 weeks later...

Asking on behalf of a neighbour -

He is a S4 vtec 1 owner. Recently, his s4 stalled several times when stopping at the traffic light, and the rpm was ard 5000 before it stalled. There is no problem to restart his s4. The rpm running in the morning is normal ard 1200. Plse advice? Tks

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/transportation-riders/0016.gif http://www.animated-gifs.eu/transportation-riders/0077.gif

Hi Guys im riding spec2 and changing to a higher and wider handle bar for my bike.After i bought & install "This Bar" by my own i noticed that my throttle & clutch cable is too stress & i swap back to stock bar....i wonder is there any longer cables than e stock ones...where and how much it cost for the 2 cables with installation?

Hope this help...Thanx

Two ways arnd this... U can cut off 1mm from each side so that its the same length of stock s4.. Or u can use african twins cables..

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I

Asking on behalf of a neighbour -

He is a S4 vtec 1 owner. Recently, his s4 stalled several times when stopping at the traffic light, and the rpm was ard 5000 before it stalled. There is no problem to restart his s4. The rpm running in the morning is normal ard 1200. Plse advice? Tks

Did he took off his tank ltely b4 this happened?:sian: