SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CB250 Nighthawk, Following  

17 members have voted

1. 1. CB250 Nighthawk, Following

• Coe sufficient
    • Modding potential
    • Parts availability
    • Plugs change frequency
    • Engine oil type and change frequency
    • Lifespan of original parts
    • Flexibility of cheaper parts use
    • Moifying potential
    • Able to use any grade of petrol fuel
    • Potential for 4 rounds of COE
    • Easy to pass inspection
    • Low road tax
    • Daily ride potential
    • Low fuel consumption
    • Ease of maintenance
    • Ease of riding

Did he took off his tank ltely b4 this happened?:sian:

Thks Ah Pek,

Is a used bike, after riding a while, it was discovered a slight eo leak ard the engine block area that has already been fixed by the seller. Surely, it must have removed by the seller to fix the engine block area.

Is there anything that related to removing of fuel tank and any advice to help on this. thks

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/transportation-riders/0016.gif http://www.animated-gifs.eu/transportation-riders/0077.gif

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thks Ah Pek,

Is a used bike, after riding a while, it was discovered a slight eo leak ard the engine block area that has already been fixed by the seller. Surely, it must have removed by the seller to fix the engine block area.

Is there anything that related to removing of fuel tank and any advice to help on this. thks

The reason I asked that is because from th sympton you describe..definitely the engine combustion chamber is deprived off fuel or electrical supply to the ignition coil.

1) There is a smaller tube (out of two) that fit to the fuel tank under it. Most people take it off but some put it back. This tube when not properly sit thru and bend, the tank breathing thru the tank cap is being blocked..this is just a possibility. One easy way to find out is when it happens..open the fuel cap and har if it has a sudden "hissing" sound..if there is, that tube is blocking breather air for the fuel tank.

2) Another possiblity is that the vacuum tube may be improper as such that its punctured due to using plier gripping it while pulling it out. Its a small tube that couples from the fuel kock to the mid engine block on the left hand side of the engine. if this tube has holes..vacuum function is affected such that it does not work efficiently enough with the diaphgram o provide enough petrol to the carbs..thus more fuel is use from the carbs than it can provide from the tank.

3) The 3rd possibility is electrical and its regards to wiring which is hard to identify..from loose connection to lack of voltage supply (internal wire corrosion) to ignition coil and I won't rule out a weak magneto coil too as its the source of electrical supply as in "energy" after a bike starts.

There may be other possibility but at the moment there is nothing else I can think off. Btw, I forgot to asked is this very regular or was it a one time off thingy?

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

• 2 weeks later...

yoz need some help here...

mine bike toda suddenly cant crank at all...the starter seem to be shorted...

let me explain more

a)when i on ign,the odo does not light up

b)when i crank start, the odo meter like shorted(even the clock also gone)

c)when i like tilt the handlebar left right(sometime it will be normal as in when the starter wiring at the throttle side being adjust)but still cant crank,once press the starter button the clock and the odn meter will back out again

d)the thing go normal i push start, den when i press the starter,it dies off again(like everting is shorted)

can any1 advise?tks in advance

bike history

1987 - 1988 - Baby steps

1989 - 2005 - Bus,Mrt,Taxi

Nov05 - Jan07 -YBR125

Jan07 - Feb11- CB400 Spec 1

Mar11 - ??? Fazer 1000

Nov05 - Got Got Class 2B

Dec 06 - Got Class 2A

Nov07 - Got Class 3

Mar08 - Got Class 2

let me explain more

c)when i like tilt the handlebar left right(sometime it will be normal as in when the starter wiring at the throttle side being adjust)but still cant crank,once press the starter button the clock and the odn meter will back out again

d)the thing go normal i push start, den when i press the starter,it dies off again(like everting is shorted)

hmm, maybe u check the fuse? open up the left side cover and theres a black fuse box , open it up and u will see alot of fuse.check whether are the fuse already burnt or not.

ya i check already fuse is ok...i even open the whole meter assemby...but i check seem to be like the starter problem leh

bike history

1987 - 1988 - Baby steps

Nov05 - Jan07 -YBR125

Mar11 - ??? Fazer 1000

Nov05 - Got Got Class 2B

Dec 06 - Got Class 2A

Nov07 - Got Class 3

Mar08 - Got Class 2

let me explain more

Get a new battery..when all else start..check your charging voltage..should be 13.5v dc to 14.5v dc. If anything below 13.4vdc, magneto or rectifier or both got ptoblem liao.

If your battery was change two weeks ago..confirm your magneto or rectifier or both gone liao becasue battery is not being charged.

Take out the battery if its still quite new and go to bike shop to charge..ride to mototiam and check charging out put b4 you can't even push start..meaning magneto coil total burn out.

If all the above don't applied..wiring problem.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

haha but muz be lucky b4 i got the position of the starter wiring...not very easy...battery juz change recently...tks anyway

bike history

1987 - 1988 - Baby steps

Nov05 - Jan07 -YBR125

Mar11 - ??? Fazer 1000

Nov05 - Got Got Class 2B

Dec 06 - Got Class 2A

Nov07 - Got Class 3

Mar08 - Got Class 2

juz call the bike shop...and was told that it was the starter relay problem....

bike history

1987 - 1988 - Baby steps

Nov05 - Jan07 -YBR125

Mar11 - ??? Fazer 1000

Nov05 - Got Got Class 2B

Dec 06 - Got Class 2A

Nov07 - Got Class 3

Mar08 - Got Class 2

• 2 months later...

a few things will contribute to the initial reading of your batt.

1) what are the lights that are ON when u turn the key? (w/o starting the engine)

2) where did the wiring of the voltmeter leads to? (batt? lightings?)

3) what bike u riding?

LEAF departure is B`cos of WIND pursit or TREE didn't ask her to stay?

U YEARN for wat u FANTASIZE den 2 realise who U should TREASURE...

å¶çš„离去是因为风的追足还是树没有挽留

你期望你所è¦å¾—, 但å´æ²¡æœ‰å‘现到你所真正ç惜的

http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~limtianc/achew_sig.gif

a few things will contribute to the initial reading of your batt.

1) what are the lights that are ON when u turn the key? (w/o starting the engine)

2) where did the wiring of the voltmeter leads to? (batt? lightings?)

3) what bike u riding?

1)only front 2 signal light(pilot light)

2)tap to lighting i think

3)cb400 spec 3

4) what's the voltage reading during idling?

5) in neutral, try rev to 4-5k rpm & take the volt reading again.

LEAF departure is B`cos of WIND pursit or TREE didn't ask her to stay?

U YEARN for wat u FANTASIZE den 2 realise who U should TREASURE...

å¶çš„离去是因为风的追足还是树没有挽留

你期望你所è¦å¾—, 但å´æ²¡æœ‰å‘现到你所真正ç惜的

http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~limtianc/achew_sig.gif

4) what's the voltage reading during idling?

5) in neutral, try rev to 4-5k rpm & take the volt reading again.

when just engine cold start, will be about 12v+ , when i on my hid, will be 11v+

when 4-5k rpm rev, voltage will be around 13v++

means my bike is okay?previously when i have not change my battery, when i on my HID, the voltage went to 10v+

Hello everyone, I need some advise on what to do with my S4 Spec 1. It seems that it is sucking the petrol greedily! I just bought the bike recently, less than 2 months old. I've read this forum on fuel consumption and it seems that for Vtec 1, u can get an average of 300 to 360 km before it hit reserve. Mine hit 230 before it hit reserve! Anyone knows why? I've changed the air filter to stock,synchronize the carbs and just changed the floater pins.The diaphram still looks ok,no breakage or cracks. I'm at my wits end to find out why there is so much diff in comparison with the rest of Spec 1s.Can anyone help? Ah Pek? Pleasssseeeee....

Suzuki TRS 118,Yamaha LC 125,Suzuki RG Baby,NSR 250

Yamaha RX-100,NSR 250,Vespa 150,Virago 1100,Yamaha RXS 115

Honda Phantom 200

Honda Super4 Spec 1

Legal Rider in 89 - 90

Suspended all classes 4 times

Now legal again after 20 years riding :)

Hello everyone, I need some advise on what to do with my S4 Spec 1. It seems that it is sucking the petrol greedily! I just bought the bike recently, less than 2 months old. I've read this forum on fuel consumption and it seems that for Vtec 1, u can get an average of 300 to 360 km before it hit reserve. Mine hit 230 before it hit reserve! Anyone knows why? I've changed the air filter to stock,synchronize the carbs and just changed the floater pins.The diaphram still looks ok,no breakage or cracks. I'm at my wits end to find out why there is so much diff in comparison with the rest of Spec 1s.Can anyone help? Ah Pek? Pleasssseeeee....

If you read those super high ones are normally those without vtech and travels mostly on highway and no jams. Last time mine also 230~250km. Check if your brakes pads rubbing very closely on your brakes. alot of black hearted bikes shops just remove old ones, use brute force push your brake pistol inside and fix new ones without checking. imagine yourself riding with brakes slowing you down when you nvr even apply force to your braking system.. Power sia. ABS-Automatic Braking System