SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CB250 Nighthawk, Following  

17 members have voted

1. 1. CB250 Nighthawk, Following

• Coe sufficient
    • Modding potential
    • Parts availability
    • Plugs change frequency
    • Engine oil type and change frequency
    • Lifespan of original parts
    • Flexibility of cheaper parts use
    • Moifying potential
    • Able to use any grade of petrol fuel
    • Potential for 4 rounds of COE
    • Easy to pass inspection
    • Low road tax
    • Daily ride potential
    • Low fuel consumption
    • Ease of maintenance
    • Ease of riding

hi guys, just got my many-hand s4 spec 1. outlook all ok. the rpm meter is spoilt though but the salesman already pointed out to me earlier. but coz i like the outlook and the engine condition seems ok so i took it.

first ride: smooth gear change. i believe the clunk sound sometimes when changing gear esp from N to gear 1 is normal right? when bike reaches 85km/h to 100 km/h it vibrates a lot more than usual then it is smooth againat 100km/h onwards. is this normal?

the bike comes with gpr exhaust which doesnt sound modified to me

is it normal for the temp near ur crotch area to be hot?

so far satisfied with the bike..but its only the first day. hope bros here can help with the qns above

THANKS!

Yamaha 125Z-Oct 2006 to OCT 2010

HONDA CB400 SPEC 1 - OCT 2010..

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@CoStar : Me too!When i'm in fifth gear it vibrates quite alot at 80 km/h and on sixth gear at 100km/h.After that it smoothen itself out at after 105km/h. I dunno if it is due to wear and tear (cos mine is only 1 owner who rides it for 10 yrs) or izzit the design of the engine performance. Mine also Spec 1. Can anyone help?

Iceachilles - i've checked the brakes,tyre spin smoothly,no ABS :) Dunno what to do to maximise FC. sigh!!!!!

Edited by azizhussain

Suzuki TRS 118,Yamaha LC 125,Suzuki RG Baby,NSR 250

Yamaha RX-100,NSR 250,Vespa 150,Virago 1100,Yamaha RXS 115

Honda Phantom 200

Honda Super4 Spec 1

Legal Rider in 89 - 90

Suspended all classes 4 times

Now legal again after 20 years riding :)

i look through the manual and realise something... it wrote tat we need to service our "crankcase breather" once in awhile especially when heavy downpour occurs.. anybody knows bout tat? ahpek care to help bro...

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy150/fierra_2009/HafizhCubPrix_L.jpg

Mar08-Mar09: Honda nsr150sp

Mar09-Jan10: Yamaha x1r

Jan10-Nov11: Honda super4 specIII/Suzuki Drz400sm

Nov11-Nov17: Yamaha spark 135

Dec17-Jun18: Yamaha Sniper 150

Jun18-Current: KTM Duke 390

Hi guys, does anyone know where i can get the meter cover set? secondhand maybe. i just had a minor fall and my meter's back cover is cracked open but otherwise the meter is working fine... any infos would be greatly appreciated.

you can try Uniquemotors at Autobay, they stocked a lot of these covers..

i look through the manual and realise something... it wrote tat we need to service our "crankcase breather" once in awhile especially when heavy downpour occurs.. anybody knows bout tat? ahpek care to help bro...

hello fierra!

Where u got the manual and for what spec bike izzit?

Can u upload it so that others can share?

Thanks!

Honda Phantom 200

Honda Super4 Spec 1

Legal Rider in 89 - 90

Not sure what the manual say when it meant by "service"? But what I think is that its talking about the access breather hose at the bottom end of the air box on your left side of the bike. Just pull out the transparent 'drain' stubby tube..its where the crank case hose under the tank that channel tot he air box is. Hmmm..why must after heavy downpour????..that's odd.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

But when i check with a few mechanics. Cb400 Models... When you change battery its best change the rectifier too.

okay, how much does the rectifier cost? original 1.. i went to chong aik, they told me.. $155.... i went to pl@net motor,was quoted around 70.. so which 1 is the original 1?

thanks ahpek... neway the link is posted somewhere in forum.. i'll try find it..

sorry pc something wrong... double post

Hi ppl... Can I check wif all of u? Does anyone hv any idea wat will happen if my electric start switch is being press all e way while riding? Will it cause any damage to my bike?coz I got to found out tat the switch is loose... While I was riding, there is these buzzing sound... After riding for about 15 to 20km, then I realize tat the switch got stuck... I'm quite worried... Ur help is greatly appreciated... Thanx ppl...

Hi ppl... Can I check wif all of u? Does anyone hv any idea wat will happen if my electric start switch is being press all e way while riding? Will it cause any damage to my bike?coz I got to found out tat the switch is loose... While I was riding, there is these buzzing sound... After riding for about 15 to 20km, then I realize tat the switch got stuck... I'm quite worried... Ur help is greatly appreciated... Thanx ppl...

If no problem now its ok. Just that it keep turning your starter rotor and drains battery supply...but of course you have to take care of the switch by spraying some WD40 into the switch assembly and area..flip the witch while spraying it and test for free release.

If no problem now its ok. Just that it keep turning your starter rotor and drains battery supply...but of course you have to take care of the switch by spraying some WD40 into the switch assembly and area..flip the witch while spraying it and test for free release.

Thanx alot Bro CoStar n Ah Pek... So meaning tat the only damage tat will happen is mainly the battery only rite??? Will it damage My starter motor or any other parts as well? Sori to ask so many question.. Abit worried la...

Thanx alot Bro CoStar n Ah Pek... So meaning tat the only damage tat will happen is mainly the battery only rite??? Will it damage My starter motor or any other parts as well? Sori to ask so many question.. Abit worried la...

Dun think your battery or any other parts are damaged, only battery power drained out. To be sure, try installing a voltmeter and see if it is charging properly. If still have no confidence, do grounding.

Honda Phantom 200

Honda Super4 Spec 1

Legal Rider in 89 - 90

Hello guys, I just went to service my carb. Change the fuel needle and wash carb. Was told that the seating (or rather this mechanism that moves up and down) in my carb is loose, causing my needle to wear out faster. Don't really get what the mechanic mean, anybody can enlighten me?

Wah..i dun think you should change ur needle yet. Try monitor ur FC for a month. As long as the diaphram of your carb is ok, then not necessary to change. But if your FC is getting more as you go along, then you might consider to take a look at the carb again just to be sure.

Honda Phantom 200

Honda Super4 Spec 1

Legal Rider in 89 - 90

If you don't rectified the problem...yes, ur motor carbon brush and motor would wear out faster than it normally would.

Wah..i dun think you should change ur needle yet. Try monitor ur FC for a month. As long as the diaphram of your carb is ok, then not necessary to change. But if your FC is getting more as you go along, then you might consider to take a look at the carb again just to be sure.

Oh but i change my needle already all 4 of them. But the mech say the thing the mechanism moves the needle up and down in the carb is loose already. To change one is about 50 bucks. But if say now if i ride no problem then don't need to replace but i wonder in the long run will it affect the performance of the bike. anyway mine is a vtec 2. Thanks for your advice btw

Oh but i change my needle already all 4 of them. But the mech say the thing the mechanism moves the needle up and down in the carb is loose already. To change one is about 50 bucks. But if say now if i ride no problem then don't need to replace but i wonder in the long run will it affect the performance of the bike. anyway mine is a vtec 2. Thanks for your advice btw

hi guys, went to my mech and he said the bike i bought has many problems which i didnt see when i bought. (note i bought from diff shop)

so he pointed out:

-rpm meter spoilt( salesman already pointed out but must pay extra. i was confident i could get a better price other place so didnt fix)

-rear right suspension leaking

-front braking soft. he said the pump something wrong but can still brake.

-slightly leaking eo at block

-rear disc 'makan' alot but still 'brakeable'

hope bros here can advise which one to do first. and roughly the cost how much. my mech say the rpm meter new one is 600 bux. anywhere can get cheaper?

Yamaha 125Z-Oct 2006 to OCT 2010

HONDA CB400 SPEC 1 - OCT 2010..