SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Lube your chain

read the article... read this thread.. then i tried to lube my chain (x-ring).. but dunno if i am doing it right..

i use a car jack to jack the bike.. using Castrol ChainWax.. so its white in colour.. anyway.. i just spray the top and bottom of the chain.. as long a bit white can liao is it?

Memories Fade, Photographs Shouldn't

Travelling along steadfastly - at my own pace, my own pleasure : A Shadow is all I need

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by il4@Feb 8 2004, 07:33 PM

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index....t=0#entry337735

how to lube your chain the right way

can i know the reason of pushing yr back wheel forward direction when lube at rear sprocket and back when lubing the front sprocket?

--==anything more than a handful is waste==--

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/89/36/3386398/2918831032400l.jpg

Originally posted by seven7sin@Feb 8 2004, 09:28 PM

can i know the reason of pushing yr back wheel forward direction when lube at rear sprocket and back when lubing the front sprocket?

lub the sproket? :confused:

Originally posted by seven7sin@Feb 8 2004, 08:28 PM

I asked il4 this same question once...... but unfortunately I forget the answer!!!

:sweat: :sweat:

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

• 1 month later...

I used to use spray cans and things like that to loob e chain, then I bought a Scottoiler, then 3 months later sold e bike. I bought another bike and pay another 160$ for another Scottoiler and sold that bike. Bought another bike and another 160$ for yet another Scottoiler. Then I sold that bike away.

Lat year I go my current bike and decoide Mr Scottoiler already make enough dough from me. SO now I use a configutation of tubes, cable ties and bottles and made my own system. I still use e scottoil.

So no more sprays cans and yes the automatic chain oiler does preseve the O-RING chain life, and no need to keep retensioning it.

Current FAZER600-Naked

I thought you can re-use the same Scottoiler? Just remove and reinstall to your new bike.....

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

IL

Rabbit Oiler 2 - Manual version

I also use spray chain loob as well. Environmentally friendly. Except the oil, no harmful propellant gasses or waste. Can use any oil, even branded chain oil, and starship trooper low cost.

Want to know ??????

Want free sample ?

Current FAZER600-Naked

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest blackbird749

There are 3 type of chains in the market. the very basic heavy duty chain with no O ring , the O ring chain and X ring chain. The O ring is selaed with grease inside so to prolong the chain livespan. The best of all is the O ring. Price is OK and can last for about 30-40k if you take care of the chain.They have different models of chain for different bikes. wash, clean, lube and adjust the chain when require. You can also use Kerosene to wash your chain. cheap and good.

I'm using Iris Gold X Ring chaain size 530 with PJ1 chain lube.

I think they perform pretty well.

PJ1 chain lube is good becos it is a very thin liquid on application which can flow into the tiny crevices of the chain and then the properties of the liquid quicky thickens up forming a wax/gel like substance for solid lubrication.

also it looks much better than those foamy type of chain lube.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

Originally posted by [-tRuSt-]@Mar 31 2004, 01:33 PM

hi guys...how do i lube my chain if i onli have a side stand...does 2b bike need to be lube??so i juz buy those chain lubes n spray on the chain tats all or...i need to do somemore things?? pls advice...

thanx!:smile:

get a jack or someone to help u

nov 99 - mar 06 nsr150sp

i have been doing this:

using PJ chain oil to oil the the joints and the centre part, then I use chain wax on the centre part to dry it.. my mechanic recommend it.. what do you guys say? I am using x-ring chain.

also, sometimes, as my chain wax is white in colour, the remants over the week gets left behind (patches of white) and sometime can see sand/soil on the chain.. what should i use to remove them?

thanks

Travelling along steadfastly - at my own pace, my own pleasure : A Shadow is all I need

guys what you think of my kiasu way?

also, my friends telling me i can't buy dissel straight from petrol kiosk like that .. won't allow.. was thinking of buying that to clean my chain

he tell me go get cheap engine oil...

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by rlfreak@Apr 30 2004, 09:54 AM

that day i sian already chain lube finish i use SINGER sewing machine oil... is it ok? wil cause any harm? its good though... doesnt splatter on rim but it sticks on chain pretty well....

a heavy downpour like yesternight's, will wash your singer oil away easily.

Your best friend in forum :: Search ::

• 3 weeks later...

Everytime you had a servicing, keep the remaining engine oil for your chain lub. best as it is thicker than sewing oil. it will not stay on the chain for long so you need to lub frequently. also will not trap dirt onto chain. and it can use to lub clutch cable too.

If you want to use chain lub, please remember to wash chain or all dirt will trap on you chain. you chain will have a shorter life.

SAFETY FIRST!!!

SPEED LATER!!!

• 1 month later...

it was mention got 3 types of chain. So the basic heavy duty chain performance is not good but require the minimal amt of lubing is it?

Email guay_hansen @hotmail.com

My blog at snowparang.blogdrive.com

http://www.pbase.com/snowparang/image/79866156/medium.jpg http://www.pbase.com/snowparang/image/95749015/original.jpg

• 1 month later...

anyone used soft99 grease for chain?

Life is a Journey.

Take a Joy ride.

17/04/03-10/12/04 Yamaha Rxz 133cc

10/12/04-25/03/08 Honda Phantom TA200

25/03/08-Till now Piaggio X8 200cc

Don't Quit Cos Every Obstacle Is A Stepping Stone To Success!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Swakoo@Apr 10 2004, 10:15 PM

guys what you think of my kiasu way?

also, my friends telling me i can't buy dissel straight from petrol kiosk like that .. won't allow.. was thinking of buying that to clean my chain

he tell me go get cheap engine oil...

can buy..juz buy a metal tin from the petrol kisok which costs $2..then u can pump abit of disel home liao..perhaps 50 or a dollar will last u for quite a while :)

by the way I got mine at Shell... :cheeky: