SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

<D> OPC Matters

Guyz , I believed that the govt is trying to curb the number of cars on the road and yet the govt still implements Off Peak Plates ... What do u guyz think bout the OPC cars congesting the roads of Singapore here ...

Be humble on the road at all times coz u'll neva noe wen u need any rider's help...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the only thing I believe is that cars are a great income generator for the govt.

Everyday, there are 500,000 cars/cash cows being milked. From COE to rd tax to ERP...etc. Do the maths bro. *ka-ching!*

Never mind the majority of car owners are pwned by their cars everyday. The banks/ cars owned them, not the other way round.

Why would the govt want to really reduce the number of cars? No one cares about the environment when money is mentioned. Sad but true.

Hardcore

Planet Motorcycle Supporter:thumb:

Ya owning a car is really beyond reach for us... Cos you know the gov is really really milking from the drivers. hmm.. Even for us riders you see the amount of money they make.. But if you think of another way, the money they made has made singapore roads into a better place.. At least we have good highways..

So many proz and cons.

~ Future Ride ~

CBR600rr :thumb:

~ Current Drive ~

Kia Cerato Forte SX 1.6 SJU

~ Previous Rides ~

1. Spark 135 FBA | 2. NSR 150 SP FS | 3. Yamaha x1 FY | 4. Honda s4 verS FP

its a chain reaction ..

more cars means more money

can generate more income

then making cars more afforable esp opc cars

at least the car shop can sell more cars , salesman earn more.

workshop earn more ...

in singpore if u wanna drive a car ,be prepared for jams ..

its a chain reaction ..

more cars means more money

can generate more income

then making cars more afforable esp opc cars

at least the car shop can sell more cars , salesman earn more.

workshop earn more ...

in singpore if u wanna drive a car ,be prepared for jams ..

and nt forgetting the killer ERP fer cars and also parking fees.. those are killers these days.. :faint:

Faster than fast,

Quicker than quick.

Do OPC cars congest the roads? :confused:

**********DISCLAIMER**********

The information contained in this post, including any attachments,may contain confidential information Copy of this post for any purpose other than viewing for entertainment is not allowed & shall encur a fine of no less than $500 & any court costs required. The courts take copyright violations seriously. Think twice.

My point of view is OPC occupy their parking lots most of the time.

On road, I don't think it make much difference.

Cheers!

ya, i neber kenna jam in SG, except at the customs... :D

http://www.nutrition4u.sg/images/coaches/VicNette02.jpg

Contact me at 9858 6442 (madman) 9845 6442 (Babycakes)

Visit me at www.Fat2FitChallenge.com or add me in FB nutrition4u.sg

Especially KL! Weekdays super duper jam.. weekends abit jam till certain hours... Just like someone quoted.. "Sgporeans wait 15mins for bus & complain its late, while FT waited for 30mins still happy..."

**********DISCLAIMER**********

The information contained in this post, including any attachments,may contain confidential information Copy of this post for any purpose other than viewing for entertainment is not allowed & shall encur a fine of no less than $500 & any court costs required. The courts take copyright violations seriously. Think twice.

Guyz , I believed that the govt is trying to curb the number of cars on the road and yet the govt still implements Off Peak Plates ... What do u guyz think bout the OPC cars congesting the roads of Singapore here ...
opc cars only come out aft 7pm & there's not really much during weekdays. its weekends thats more obvious. if there's no opc cars, maybe alot more pple like me wont have a chance to own a car & we bikers gota see the weather before can go out with wife.

opc cars only come out aft 7pm & there's not really much during weekdays. its weekends thats more obvious. if there's no opc cars, maybe alot more pple like me wont have a chance to own a car & we bikers gota see the weather before can go out with wife.

take mrt together lor ..

let yr wifey feel the sardine can

seems like many of bikers owed off peaks ar !! consider buying one.. but dunno worth it or not .. many considerations ..

To me its worth it cos if i hv a normal car i just cant stand the jam in the early morning n evening...

So preferably OPC car for me, use only for family....

Whereas for bike just normal use for workin purposes...

Rider Can Be Driver, But Driver Cannot Be Rider......

i bought the opc only cos got 2 kids, else, wun be getting...

as bikers, we are used to going where we want etc, and taking public wif 2 young ones is not an option for me. can only eat nearby la, how to go jb shopping and makan la... i cant imagine doing all those w/o opc...

as bikers, we are used to going where we want etc, and taking public wif 2 young ones is not an option for me. can only eat nearby la, how to go jb shopping and makan la... i cant imagine doing all those w/o opc...

Yup correct....

But for the kids sumtimes if we too pampered wif them, they will depend to much on car....

They don wan to take the bus or MRT... They will complain...

So no choice hv to educate them...

Rider Can Be Driver, But Driver Cannot Be Rider......

same reason with me :cheeky: mine plus parents. take cab now troublesome. must take either bigger cab or 2 cabs.

btw regarding congestion by opc, based on my personal experience, i never meet with road jam on weekend except at custom and finding carpark at the mall :sian:.

so in my 0.01 cents opinion it's irrelevant to relate opc with road congestion

same reason with me :cheeky: mine plus parents. take cab now troublesome. must take either bigger cab or 2 cabs.

btw regarding congestion by opc, based on my personal experience, i never meet with road jam on weekend except at custom and finding carpark at the mall :sian:.

so in my 0.01 cents opinion it's irrelevant to relate opc with road congestion

almost everywkend i'm jam @ custom. my wife rather jam 2hrs in car than 1/2hr on bike. you know girls lah, if on bike how to wear nice nice put make-up, do rebonding cannot wear helmet blah blah blah...

almost everywkend i'm jam @ custom. my wife rather jam 2hrs in car than 1/2hr on bike. you know girls lah, if on bike how to wear nice nice put make-up, do rebonding cannot wear helmet blah blah blah...

yalor, got aircon, and if u have dvd player installed, jam or no jam will not affect passengers...

• 1 month later...