SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha YZF R1ders

Aie

heya guys, have 2 qns, heard R1 had a heating issue, anyway to improve on that perhaps? does changing to a better coolant help? now its at constant 100-106 degrees even at night sometimes.

Also does changing the air filter of the bike make a smoother ride on the road?

thanks !!

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why does this happen bro? Ur not riding a R1 now right?

damn...i'll be cursing n swearing :(

happened twice on my X1 on a super heavy rain....

car splash water from my side, the bike will die...then must quickly siam to side of road or else i'll be stranded in the middle :sweat:

wait for rain to get lighter....change to a new spark plug (i always carry spare) and ready to go :smile:

heya guys, have 2 qns, heard R1 had a heating issue, anyway to improve on that perhaps? does changing to a better coolant help? now its at constant 100-106 degrees even at night sometimes.

thanks !!

Woah nite riding up till 100-106??? Sumting is wrong there. Mine the most till 90. If constant speed can drop till 72-78. Most of the rider use engine ice. But i prefer maxima cool aide. :angel:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3487/3316074269_1d51b46f97.jpg

R u Looking At The Babe Or The Bike o_O

Wow...got bad experiences with the bike shops there. Was riding a WR200 before hand, and my brake cable needs to change, the mechanic give me a RXZ one, in the end cannot turn. to the left side.

Another shop also could not find the issue of my bike.

I suggest Planetmotor for your R1 =)

i called back bike production caused i bought the bike from there. they towed it to Ban Hong Geok Kee Co. at amk ind pk 2 there. hmmm

thanks !!

wat u mean constant 100-106? do u mean in a traffic jam? if jam yes.. thats the normal range

but if talking abt temp on the move, even if its bright hot day my temp is always 72-80 plus on the move.

if ur temp is 100-106 on the move then u have to get ur bike checked

nite riding temp shld be 69-75 shldnt go above 80

-FuFu-Past & current rides-FuFu-

2003-2003 Honda NSR 150 SP

2004-2006 16 Tons Touring bus

2004-2008 Honda RVF

2008-2011 Yamaha YZF R1"08 model

2011-.... 1098

2007 - .... My dream bike NSR 500!

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh312/qingfu/305144_1865766182720_1797992398_1266312_2076601502_n-1.jpg

haha oh no looks like i am flooding the comments here, do you guys change urself? where to get the coolant? Its something I didn't change since I got my bike in Jan.

There is this report right on the front of the SBF, it says that water is better or something, is that true?

yeah...i was abit shocked...i was thinking the problem might be my riding, sometimes drag 2nd gear too long, if its long distances with little traffic than perhaps about 90 plus.

Woah nite riding up till 100-106??? Sumting is wrong there. Mine the most till 90. If constant speed can drop till 72-78. Most of the rider use engine ice. But i prefer maxima cool aide. :angel:

Hi ppl and all dear riders.

I'm one of joel's customers who got the bazza fixed on to my R6"06" if felt so good riding with it so I believe I should give this product a review cause not much ppl know bazza.

My review:

First I got my bike milage is at 35k after riding it for 2week I felt there a pull at 4.5rpm and abit jerky at the start... Not so smooth. When idealling at 90-110 the speed will go up and down... Lose power at times. If want to go up to 140 got to put in alot of effort... When traveling at 190-210 speed goes up and down... Not Constant... Bike is very healthy I'm very sure cause got it inspected b4 I got it... I got it stock. This is what I felt before I got bazza.

After equipped my bike with bazza, it's totally different! I thought must go hkl or race werk to do dyno... Go in full tank come out empty and pay 400plus per session... But dun need! Friendly Joel intro me to HL cycle and fixed the stuff at a very reseaonable price and the ppl at HL cycle is fantastic! Service is exceptionally good!! After fixing Joel came down personally to HLC an look for me and do the mapping of the bazza for me(I'm so touched) after he done the mapping he's words are very convincing and true indeed. As he said at night after he finish work he will meet me up and refine tune my bazza again? Excellent Service given by him! for 2nights he did the tunning for me around 1130plus! It's very good service.

Now product review:

I got the bazza fi-tc package at a very reasonable price, product itself it made my bike smoother than ever. Pick up guadually if want to wack also very smooth at the start theres abit jerk but after Joel did the tunning it became smooth! No more losing of power at any speed and throttle response is very good I can keep my speed at 110kmph with only +/- 2. The power has greatly increase cause smooth and with the quick shifter.

Now abt the quick shifter what it does is no need to clutch in to up gear smoothly. Like motoGP sia no more time wasted on clutching in and no more slow down due to clutch in, fantastic product which god gave us! It's a must get item for all R6!

Now it's the traction control it gives me 100%control of the bike! Depends on how I want to ride it. If I wants to play corner I can just turn the switch and set to to the riding Stlye I'm riding at any time with just afew clicks! No need go dyno! No more unwanted surge of power during cornering means save! And fast!

Lastly the bazza can save up to 2mapping I have done the mapping on road usage yet to do the track(i expect high performance!!). my full tank when it's stock can travel up to 260km +\-10km before the reserve light is on. Now with bazza it's cost me 240km+\-10 before touching reserve( pls note I changed my header too). So it's still acceptable range only 20km for much savefer and enjoyable ride, why not?!

It all comes in the package. I'm 99% satisfied with the product I would strongly recommend to all bikes road bikes or sport bikes. As it give a more smoother ride

The models I would recommend is All class 2 bikes!! 2 of my friends tried my bike what they said was(wow this is impossible! What u do to ur bike?) they are saving up for bazza already.

Back to Joel and wen xiong the owner of this business own boss own mechanic, both are very knowleadgeable taught me alot about bikes which I could have nvr known, I have this feeling that they have no secrets to hide. They will tell u what they know if they don't know abt the stuff they will say they don't (it's good this way rather then give me false info) but up till now they are nice ppl!!

Rating for all:

Bazza zFi-TC 9/10(-1 due to petrol, it can be tune to better comsumsion but I prefer it to be fast so have to compensate)

Quick shifter 10/10(perfect!!)

Traction control 10/10(smooth as an baby ass)

Z-afm 10/10(auto tune- takes down my readings accurately)

Serviece 9/10(-1 cause Joel didt put in much effort to psycho me to take reverse gear for the quick shifter)

Overall I give a 10/10!!!

wat u mean constant 100-106? do u mean in a traffic jam? if jam yes.. thats the normal range

but if talking abt temp on the move, even if its bright hot day my temp is always 72-80 plus on the move.

if ur temp is 100-106 on the move then u have to get ur bike checked

nite riding temp shld be 69-75 shldnt go above 80

Got so cool de meh? 69-75

Maybe u ride fast for me 80+ very cool le

Normal bright day is ard 85-90

Straight road tells between the Rich and the Poor.

Corners shows who is the man and the boy.

I'm a boy !

Normal riding is about 90 +, even the best days on long roads its only about 88+, never lower than that. Mine is a 04 model btw.

As for the riding fast, I think its not the solution because it depends on the road, which I have tried before after it hit about close to 100 degrees.

I don't think there is a better fan or something right? So the only way is to get a better coolant perhaps.

The fan always turns on after 100. Sometimes I just turn off my bike engine at traffic light haha.

I am looking on better ways to disperse the heat hehe.

Sometimes I just turn off my bike engine at traffic light haha.

do that all the time and u will dmg ur ignition and starter

2004-2008 Honda RVF

2011-.... 1098

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh312/qingfu/305144_1865766182720_1797992398_1266312_2076601502_n-1.jpg

depends on road conditions ya nite riding around 80 plus normal range

2004-2008 Honda RVF

2011-.... 1098

thanks !!

At night your R1 is 100-106 temp?

What is your speed? If your average speed is 100-120km/h, then your R1 have problem.

haha oh no looks like i am flooding the comments here, do you guys change urself? where to get the coolant? Its something I didn't change since I got my bike in Jan.

There is this report right on the front of the SBF, it says that water is better or something, is that true?

yeah...i was abit shocked...i was thinking the problem might be my riding, sometimes drag 2nd gear too long, if its long distances with little traffic than perhaps about 90 plus.

Definitely not water. It should goes like 60% water, 40% coolant.

Just pure water will rust your R1 cooling system.

Normal riding is about 90 +, even the best days on long roads its only about 88+, never lower than that. Mine is a 04 model btw.

As for the riding fast, I think its not the solution because it depends on the road, which I have tried before after it hit about close to 100 degrees.

I don't think there is a better fan or something right? So the only way is to get a better coolant perhaps.

The fan always turns on after 100. Sometimes I just turn off my bike engine at traffic light haha.

Riding faster helps alot.

I'm a boy !

Riding faster helps alot.

I'm a boy !

Hi can any 1 tell mi how much does a used r1 07/08 and 09 cost...

The market price?

Thanks

07 - 08 13k to 18k depends Coe n accessories

As for 09 I dono. But think won't be less than 20k

I'm a boy !

I will have to disagree on the 'As for the riding fast, I think its not the solution'.

Riding fast will solve the heat issue. As R1 is research and design for high speed, so it is actually not a road riding bike. You must ride it in racing mode/style even on daily road.

I will have to disagree on the 'As for the riding fast, I think its not the solution'.

Riding fast will solve the heat issue. As R1 is research and design for high speed, so it is actually not a road riding bike. You must ride it in racing mode/style even on daily road.

Cannot la bro. Later I kup corner at 140 later car stick out die la haha

But ride fast good coolant confirm no problem Liao!!

I'm a boy !

How fast can go in singapore road? Just ride as per normal constant speed. For sure temp will drop. Unless u got a choke radiator or ur radiator fin is dirty... No need to speed. Just follow the rules. Wakakakaka. I love my license more then my bikey. Ahakz

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3487/3316074269_1d51b46f97.jpg

R u Looking At The Babe Or The Bike o_O

How fast can go in singapore road? Just ride as per normal constant speed. For sure temp will drop. Unless u got a choke radiator or ur radiator fin is dirty... No need to speed. Just follow the rules. Wakakakaka. I love my license more then my bikey. Ahakz

I love your signature more than anything else..

I'm a boy !

Definitely not water. It should goes like 60% water, 40% coolant.

Just pure water will rust your R1 cooling system.

For the heat problem, does the grade of the engine oil play a part?

Just another qn, need to buy how many bottle for engine oil and coolant ? Coolant need to change regularly also?

07 - 08 13k to 18k depends Coe n accessories

As for 09 I dono. But think won't be less than 20k

13k.. u find 1 for me...

2004-2008 Honda RVF

2011-.... 1098