SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Product : Tyre Review

Guest ZZR-Pilot

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those who like to change thier Motorcycle tyres in few days time,

and if you are looking for this brand Metzeler, I have this 20% Discount Voucher for free(sorry I only got one), let me know your address, I will post it to you.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/files/untitled_-_1.jpg

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/files/untitled_-_2.jpg

http://www.ministryofpets.com/forum/uploads/post-1-1075389427.gif http://www.ministryofpets.com/forum/uploads/post-1-1075389500.gif http://www.ministryofpets.com/forum/uploads/post-1-1075389677.gif

Overall, bridgestone or dunlop gd 4 sportbike? :confused:

~Look Around You And You Will Find THaT Everything S3eN Small In Your Eyes~

~But It Does Not S3en To Be As The Whole World Is Looking At You~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My dunlop tt900gp works well for me.. :D

U bikeless? :confused:

So where u fixed the tyres? :sweat:

Life short, play hard

You will be sorry when you see me.

Speed is not how fast you can go,

But how fast you can handle.

Ppl always think they\'re good but

It\'s others tat judge them not themselve.

For those who like to change thier Motorcycle tyres in few days time,

and if you are looking for this brand Metzeler, I have this 20% Discount Voucher for free(sorry I only got one), let me know your address, I will post it to you.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/files/untitled_-_1.jpg

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/files/untitled_-_2.jpg

hey im changin my tyre soon.....can u gimme tat voucher?? :bounce: :p :p

mid96-end'96 RD350

end'96-1999 CBR hurricane

1999-2000 S4 vtec

2000-2002 R1

2002-2005 XRV750

2005-;) bm Rseries

I believe tyre choice are up to individual riders and depends on the application. For excellent grip, Michellin, Metzeller, Dunlop and Pirelli. The recommend Z rating tyres are for high speed stability and more contact patch during cornering. Most working temperature for ultra sticky tyres are between 65-80 degrees C. But don't forget balancing for those who trive on high speeds.

But if you ride hard and find out a couple of days later that the tyres are a little blue means the suspension are not setup correctly and the work is done on the tyres instead.

Wolverin

Wolverin

"You live only once"

dunlop tt900 good anot? how long can this last? how much is the tyres?

Life is a Journey.

Take a Joy ride.

17/04/03-10/12/04 Yamaha Rxz 133cc

10/12/04-25/03/08 Honda Phantom TA200

25/03/08-Till now Piaggio X8 200cc

Don't Quit Cos Every Obstacle Is A Stepping Stone To Success!!!

hi,u riding a gsxr750? SRAD 99 model is it. i want to noe more about suzukis.might consider it (in 2005 :D )I understand dat suzuki's depreciation is chialat .but one man's poison is another man's meat! my fren says dat can get abt $8k otr now.How much is yours?tanx

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/images/smilies/201108/tarka.gif

hi,u riding a gsxr750? SRAD 99 model is it. i want to noe more about suzukis.might consider it (in 2005 :D )I understand dat suzuki's depreciation is chialat .but one man's poison is another man's meat! my fren says dat can get abt $8k otr now.How much is yours?tanx

Yes. Mine's a 99 WX UK model. It's unrestricted. I dun know whether there'll be anymore 750s in 2005. Suzuki may stop production since the World Super Bike class have allowed the 1000cc bikes to compete. But it is a great bike as one of 2 homogalated bike in the SBK class. The other is the Ducati. But Suzuki's engine is a suspect unless you follow very strict maintenance. I bought mine for 20.8k in 2000. The price is about 12k for a well maintained one. Fuel Injected model cost slightly more.

Wolverin

Wolverin

"You live only once"

Guest GuiNNeSS
But if you ride hard and find out a couple of days later that the tyres are a little blue means the suspension are not setup correctly and the work is done on the tyres instead.

Errr.... i don't understand..... "blue"??? :confused:

Errr.... i don't understand..... "blue"??? :confused:

Riders who loves cornering can sometime find a blueish tint on the tyre near the scruffing portion of the tyre. This means that the tyre is working more than the suspension. By correctly setting up the suspension, you'll have better feel and work less on the tyres. Thus prolonging the life of the tyre.

The blueish usually come after one or 2 days later.

Wolverin

"You live only once"

Guest GuiNNeSS

il4 and wolverin, thanks for the info.

Maybe i should go work my tires a little harder and experience this myself.... alas.... i dun think my skills and balls could cope .... :p

il4 and wolverin, thanks for the info.

Maybe i should go work my tires a little harder and experience this myself.... alas.... i dun think my skills and balls could cope .... :p

Most people forget that Sport bikes are fast. It's the rider that limit how fast the bike is. Many can go blinkingly fast on the straight but chicken out when it comes to hard braking and quick corner speeds. There are riders that can do very good timing on stock bikes. It is both skill and the application of physics.

The idea is to have good basics and practise practise practise.

Wolverin

"You live only once"

Most people forget that Sport bikes are fast. It's the rider that limit how fast the bike is. Many can go blinkingly fast on the straight but chicken out when it comes to hard braking and quick corner speeds. There are riders that can do very good timing on stock bikes. It is both skill and the application of physics.

The idea is to have good basics and practise practise practise.

Very gd advice....

:clap: :clap: :clap:

~Look Around You And You Will Find THaT Everything S3eN Small In Your Eyes~

~But It Does Not S3en To Be As The Whole World Is Looking At You~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone pls advise if it is gd to have tyres changed at Looi's or Motoworld?

"Contemplate thy powers, contemplate thy wants and thy connections; so shalt thou discover the duties of life, and be directed in all thy ways."

It seemz folks here really fans of bridgestone tyres... wat bout dunlop 207s???

"Contemplate thy powers, contemplate thy wants and thy connections; so shalt thou discover the duties of life, and be directed in all thy ways."

ya riding a super4?

it doesnt applies, stick to H rated tires if possible

Yes, i noe... juz wondering y izzit dat most folks prefer bridgestones... :)

not all, i'm always a dunlop fan

Always a price to match their status... their tyres r a wee bit on the high side. :pity:

not true either. The more pricey tires have always been the Michelins

Oic... lucky me... not a fan of michelins' though. :D