SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda ST1100

Simon Soh

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Guys,

I just wonder, have any of you know or seen STX with an aftermarket pipes? Just wondering as I had seen FJR with the afternarket pipes. It will be wonderful if STX have as such as well.

Ayon

Two brothers producing for STx. U can ask motorworld bring in for u AT UR OWN RISK. But the shape is oval hence will let ur STx look like a ST11 from the back..

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/AT5555r/EnforcerGTR.jpg

1999-2000 :: NSR125r

2000-2002 :: CBR400rr

2002-2005 :: YZF R1

2005-2006 :: SYM GTS

2006-2010 :: Honda STx

2010-2013 :: Kawasaki GTR1400

2013-2015 :: BMW GSA

2016- ???? :: BMW GSA LC

STX stock pipes are cool man! personally for me if im riding an STX i would'nt change the exhaust at all..where can u find a triangular exhaust look for a touring bike.really nice!

in fact,i'm wondering if the STX stock pipes can be fixed on an FJR? Hmm..

http://i3.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens5271672module39663012photo_12448116942008-BMW-R1200GS-Adventureb-small.jpg

What's an ADVENTURE??

EVERYTHING!!

STX stock pipes are cool man! personally for me if im riding an STX i would'nt change the exhaust at all..where can u find a triangular exhaust look for a touring bike.really nice!

in fact,i'm wondering if the STX stock pipes can be fixed on an FJR? Hmm..

Maybe u should ask motorworld if Yoshi do tri-ovals for FJR. Or if can be modded to fix on ur ride..

Hi Guys

I been wondering which are the good and reliable workshop to service our STX - anyone care to contribute?

Type of service (e.g. tyre change, EO, brake pad, etc. etc.) recommended for the workshop would be great and helpful to new STX owners.

Cheers

CS

Psalm 144:3-4

O LORD, what is man that you regard him, the son of man that you think of him?

Man is like a breath; his days are like a passing shadow.

bike scrapped liao,

got some st1100 spare part to sell,pm me with price if interested

1. old clear front oem screen

2. red right side box( need to respray, and patch up)

3.right side glove cover

4. key hold rubber(the key hole to open seat)

5. volt meter gauge(autogauge brand)

6.St manual book

thought of selling it here before posting at the sale area....

anyway, pm me if you interested with plate number F52T( five 5 2 two )

walau should have know you wanna scrapped ur bike early... ha ha then can get some spare from ur old bike... :cry:

Slow will get you to your destination always.

HI guys,

Collected mine a month ago, still running in.

Anyone here has experience in running stx? I read the owner manual, honda recommend NO HIGH REVOLUTION for first 500km, and nothing else.

May I know what is the recommentation such as speed/oil change/thing to look at during runnning in? Thank you.

mctan

HI guys,

Collected mine a month ago, still running in.

Anyone here has experience in running stx? I read the owner manual, honda recommend NO HIGH REVOLUTION for first 500km, and nothing else.

May I know what is the recommentation such as speed/oil change/thing to look at during runnning in? Thank you.

Hmmm.. Off track abit.. U were at NUH this morning rite? Parked ur bike at carpark A.

Would like to find out from you guys, has anyone installed the IU inside the front left pocket? I am thinking of installing IU inside the lockable pocket. BUt not sure whether could the IU be detected after installing.

mctan

Would like to find out from you guys, has anyone installed the IU inside the front left pocket? I am thinking of installing IU inside the lockable pocket. BUt not sure whether could the IU be detected after installing.

It definitely able to detect but mine was just removed by the LTA guys as they say it will not work if put in side pocket for STs. I was suppose to just send it for checking as faulty but end up they remove it and asked me to fix somewhere else but not the side pocket.

So if you intending to put in left pocket, it will work but if any fault with your unit, they will blame you for not installing properly.

It definitely able to detect but mine was just removed by the LTA guys as they say it will not work if put in side pocket for STs. I was suppose to just send it for checking as faulty but end up they remove it and asked me to fix somewhere else but not the side pocket.

So if you intending to put in left pocket, it will work but if any fault with your unit, they will blame you for not installing properly.

Did you asked them what is the reason? I guess it is faulty due to the heat. I realise that everytime after ride, it is very hot inside the pocket which cause by the heat from engine. So if I want to install it inside the pocket, I have to a proper heat insulation first... :)

mctan

Hi Bro ongcs, what i would like to advice is go to the mechanic who u are familiar with but also make sure he is familiar with your bike.

No point looking for reputable workshop. My friend riding a scooter had 2 experiences with 2 very well known workshop.

1, they broke the exhaust header due to improper dis-assembling.

The other, they forgotten to install the 2nd rear suspension.

So look for a well known mechanic instead of workshop.

Good luck...

Hi Bro mctan, I had my IU lock in the left pocket previously. Never try passing thru the ERP gantry before. But when going in to the electronic parking system, it cant be detected. So rather bring in out on the handle bar

Hi bro ric78,

Thank you for the infor... :thumb:

mctan

Hi Bro airfins, I got my bike 18 months ago and I was 29 yrs old with 20% NCD.

comprehensive from NTUC is $2200+ excess $1000.

AXA is $1300+ but excess is $3000.

Sorry ahh..."excess" means the amount you have to co-pay right? NTUC pay more so only need to come out $1000 if repair fee is more then 1K? If repair fee less then $1000 then cannot claim right? I must say the insurance is very very expensive :cry: My car, Honda CRV, also cheaper then that :sian:

Hi bros... I know this isn’t a selling thread but I juz wana make an enquiry here... After using my ST1100Y for 2yrs, Im considering letting it go.. Its registered in Oct '00, therefore COE ending in 2yrs time.. Exterior condition is so so, few dings here n there, engine is maintained n a plus point it comes with a 2digit bidded no.. Bought it with the intention of going touring, however work kept me grounded.. Wat do you think it will fetch me?? Btw its still under finance.. Thks in advanced for your comments..

Sorry ahh..."excess" means the amount you have to co-pay right? NTUC pay more so only need to come out $1000 if repair fee is more then 1K? If repair fee less then $1000 then cannot claim right? I must say the insurance is very very expensive :cry: My car, Honda CRV, also cheaper then that :sian:

Hi Bro, you are right.

excess is only payable when you are claiming your own insurance for your own damage repair.

Hi Scadaboy,

There are a few forummers selling their ST11 in the Used Bike sales section. Their asking price is between $8000 to $7000 for their Pan European Y model. There are other ST riders selling their US model yr 93-95 for around $4-6k.

i've just got myself a low mileage year 2000 Pan European in great condition. I shall not disclose the price that I paid for.. it was a price that both buyer and seller are comfortable with for a well maintained machine.

One advice to potential sellers, please fix up the critical safety related components on your bike and give a real good wash before you put it up for sales. It will do wonders in giving potential buyers a peace of mind that your machine is well maintained and worth the big bucks.

Hi FunkyChicken,

Does replacing the coolant require removal of the exhaust pipe? Is it a DIY job?

I was reading the photocopied Haynes manual with blurred photographs and one of the step is to remove the exhaust manifold . And on the left cylinder block, there is a drain bolt that is very difficult to access without some customized hex socket. Is it really that bad?

Thanks,