SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda ST1100

Simon Soh

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

actually i lik it v much... super comfy.. but den i realise im more of speed demon.. so hav to sell.. lol

thats also the main reason i sld off my yellow st..

comfty wise not need to say much...

my gf say....ST 11 she can even sit behind and fall alsleep w/o knowing it....and also she know that i wun cut here and there with it....cause my side cover will be like pin drop....dangling here and there once it's hit with other car's mirror...:giddy:

Hi Moroning guys...

Just came back from JB, my last full tank till reserve light lite up I only clock 353km... calculated is only 14.7km/Lt.

I heard ST can clock up to 18km/Lt??? Anyone can help to advice?

go slow on ur throttle...dun pick up too fast

maintain a 90km/h at most dun throttle more ....

Dun warm up engine too long...esp older bikes...cause it's no use...

it only eat up petrol...

If really problem..might as well get those voltmeter with a clock.IMO its better than spending more .

dun buy accumen vlot meter....buay kan!!!!

i am using one now.....siao siao already...:giddy:

hi

i bought my STX for almost half year already but I hardly got time to ride; about

No time to send workshop check yet.

is it normal?

rdg

Bike owned:-

Honda Rebel 125, Honda Phantom 150, Honda CBF 150,

Honda Super4 verS, Honda CB 750,

Honda ST1100 PE, Honda STX 1300,

PGO I-ME 150 Wel,

Yamaha X1, Yamaha Spark 135 LE, Yamaha MX135,

Yamaha Dragstar XVS 400 Classic, Yamaha XJ6 Diversion F,

Harley Nightster 1200

hi

i bought my STX for almost half year already but I hardly got time to ride; about

is it normal?

rdg

Hey Bro,

Did you buy the bike brand new? If it is, possible it might be the brand new smell of the bike. But if it a second hand, I don't think it is a common thing as I bought my bike second hand also. I did few rides but my bike never had such smell of burning rubber.

hi

is it normal?

rdg

I second wat avon said.. But b4 u start running to your mech, take a peek under ur exhuast mid pipe. There may be some plastic stuck there and melting away after ur rides. (kana to me once). Just need to scrap it off polish ur exhaust from the burned plastic can already.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/AT5555r/EnforcerGTR.jpg

1999-2000 :: NSR125r

2000-2002 :: CBR400rr

2002-2005 :: YZF R1

2005-2006 :: SYM GTS

2006-2010 :: Honda STx

2010-2013 :: Kawasaki GTR1400

2013-2015 :: BMW GSA

2016- ???? :: BMW GSA LC

go slow on ur throttle...dun pick up too fast

maintain a 90km/h at most dun throttle more ....

Dun warm up engine too long...esp older bikes...cause it's no use...

it only eat up petrol...

Thanks for the advice bro... will try on the next tank full...

Chubb bro... U right man, comfy but can not fly ha ha ha... in-line four... Zero to hundred in four five seconds... Hmmm... FZ1? :p :p :p

Slow will get you to your destination always.

plm sure have de lah.... :smile: most of the recent FAQs most of it has been taken care of by our experienced bros.. :D

life got slow here... ST really a good bike with not much pple talk abt ST's problem... ha ha

Good nite guys...

Simon Soh

It's not the destination we conquered but ourselves.

Chiang Saen, Land of Golden Triangle

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5254/5500744953_52f8f8de37.jpg

26th Dec 05' - 9th Jan 06' Northern Thailand Trip

accelerate wisely during cruising speed, maintain the speed.

nowsaday fuel is so expensive... rev so hard for what.! :D

Chubb bro... U right man, comfy but can not fly ha ha ha... in-line four... Zero to hundred in four five seconds... Hmmm... FZ1? :p :p :p

Simon Soh

It's not the destination we conquered but ourselves.

Chiang Saen, Land of Golden Triangle

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5254/5500744953_52f8f8de37.jpg

26th Dec 05' - 9th Jan 06' Northern Thailand Trip

Checked my box and there is not even a small rubber seal around it... Went to BS yesterday and they told me they had never bring in the seal since day one, guess will have to check online as what you did before... :pity:

You can get from hondaline direct. Part no for 1999 ST1100 is 81331-MT3-300.Should be the same for the ST11 panniers.

haa.. hope u enjoy yr ride.. i will only feel sleepy when im on st.. haa..

i stil can turn my head at 200 when my fren can hardly move his head to see senery.. lol..

accelerate wisely during cruising speed, maintain the speed.

nowsaday fuel is so expensive... rev so hard for what.! :D

Rev = got chai will rev!!!!

:shades:

hi guys, guess what my monSTer is back!!! replaced with a 40amp alternator instead as local spare distributor do not carry the 28amp anymore. cheers!!

btw do you guys have recommendation for tires?

jazzy bear. alternator info!!

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/12609/May%20Lai.jpghttp://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/12609/May%20LaiLai.jpg

#K029

Eat To Ride, Ride To Eat

Eat To Ride Another Day!

finally had my dad's bike done today.

had the coolant going haywire, suspect its the thermostat. had it change for $38 with o-ring at fjt. fix it and broke due to over tighten the thermostat housing, went fjt, eversucess, boon siew no stock...2-3wks later. dropped by gopa and luckily he has one spare bought for $57. fix it and broke the small tubing beside the thermostat sensor....crack due to heat/aging.....best it is below the carburettor!!! damnnn!!!!

contact my trust worthy friend mr SIMON.... he gave me a refresher course on carb removal. kinda simple except for the 3rd carb screw manifold excess. had the hose replaced, bought from a shop beside eversucess for $9 per metre high temp.

the joints badly corroded due to my dad uses tap water creating mineral residue. when revved, there is a hissing sound at the left side carb, found the hose broken due to ageing. kind simon got a temp hose to fix...waalaa... the sound is gone and no more back fire!!! proceed with the carb synchronization wif abit of screw turns....and its done!!! very smooth and responsive.

change a pair of bt 021 for $360..kena chop abit...at hkl, i know LAB sells way cheaper....but due to the time constraint i grabbed it. head down to AYE for a blast and bike runs sweet similar to using sg v-power petrol.

hahaha would like to thank simon for his generous kind support having the same interest in DIY. persist taking my hang bao!!! hahahaha

next on the list would be air filter recharger kit, coolant flush, timing belt, eo leakage..yet to investigate and carb washing/synchronization, voltmeter, bmw grips, speedo LEDs, "chroming" of the rims and bike would be a beauty and at tip top condition!!!!

Thanks alot SIMON...would be diy-ing my carbs probably next week..psst psst borrow your vacuum gauge hor... thank you kor kor SIMON!! You're the best Bro. :thumb: save around $200 on my bike.

for now..4days liao...i miss my deary gixxer.. hahaha

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/funkyvtec/IMG-4077.jpg

Previous Rides: RXK 135, S4 Project Big 1, S4 Vtec1, ST1100 Pan European, Cbr954, K7 600, FJR1300 ABS, SilverWing FJS 400.

Current Rides: FIT 1.3 GF MoonRoof.

jazzy bear. alternator info!!

Ya bro.... :bouncefire:

Checked my box and there is not even a small rubber seal around it... Went to BS yesterday and they told me they had never bring in the seal since day one, guess will have to check online as what you did before... :pity:

You can get from hondaline direct. Part no for 1999 ST1100 is 81331-MT3-300.Should be the same for the ST11 panniers.

Hee hee hee thanks for the info... had DIY using a rubber tube that you use on air pump for fish tank going round the box... been thru 2 heavy rain and kinda dry still... :thumb:

hi guys, guess what my monSTer is back!!! replaced with a 40amp alternator instead as local spare distributor do not carry the 28amp anymore. cheers!!

btw do you guys have recommendation for tires?

Hey... bro my is also a US version, can tell me how much you paid for the 40amp alternator and where did you have it fixed??? thanks and cheers... :thumb:

Simon bro... when are you free for kopi???

I second wat avon said.. But b4 u start running to your mech, take a peek under ur exhuast mid pipe. There may be some plastic stuck there and melting away after ur rides. (kana to me once). Just need to scrap it off polish ur exhaust from the burned plastic can already.

Agreed with wat you said bro!!

Hey hi all...

Bro. BotakMonk, thanks for the company yesterday... nice ride...

So when is the next one????

u jio lacingterrorist lah. he damn on 1. anytime malacca or genting touch n go. 138 horses leh. touch ur backside also can ah not only ur heart. c his signature HAHAHAHAHA ask him give u orientation at pasir gudang also can :p :p :p

me quite grounded to sillypore liao. mostly kulai touch n go to buy dua baos only. :lol:

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/12609/May%20Lai.jpghttp://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/12609/May%20LaiLai.jpg

#K029

Eat To Ride, Ride To Eat

Eat To Ride Another Day!

u jio lacingterrorist lah. he damn on 1. anytime malacca or genting touch n go. 138 horses leh. touch ur backside also can ah not only ur heart. c his signature HAHAHAHAHA ask him give u orientation at pasir gudang also can :p :p :p

me quite grounded to sillypore liao. mostly kulai touch n go to buy dua baos only. :lol:

ha ha... buay dua bao also buay bai lar... at least can eat till full full then go home koon swee swee... :bouncefire:

So 15th Sept U free for Kualai buay tua bao again??? :popcorn:

Miss the chic there already ha ha ha:goodluck:

bike scrapped liao,

got some st1100 spare part to sell,pm me with price if interested

1. old clear front oem screen

2. red right side box( need to respray, and patch up)

3.right side glove cover

4. key hold rubber(the key hole to open seat)

5. volt meter gauge(autogauge brand)

6.St manual book

thought of selling it here before posting at the sale area....

anyway, pm me if you interested with plate number F52T( five 5 2 two )

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/3756/picture2rx4.jpg

Agreed with wat you said bro!!

Hahaha...Thanks. Think the smell is my pillion rubber shoe sole on my exhaust hahaha...

Bike owned:-

Honda Rebel 125, Honda Phantom 150, Honda CBF 150,

Honda Super4 verS, Honda CB 750,

Honda ST1100 PE, Honda STX 1300,

PGO I-ME 150 Wel,

Yamaha X1, Yamaha Spark 135 LE, Yamaha MX135,

Yamaha Dragstar XVS 400 Classic, Yamaha XJ6 Diversion F,

Harley Nightster 1200