SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda ST1100

Simon Soh

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi guys,

i`m very interested to get a Tourer bike too..

and all the while the STX had been my 1st choice.

recently i went to the bike shop, it`s still ard 25k and 28otr

i`ve been considering buying the bike super soon.

but i`ve seen the GTR 1400 recently,

so i`m in a dilemma in both choices,

so STXers, plz pull me back!!

URGH!!!

Hey Dude....it is all personal interest I should say. As for me I have always been a fan of Honda and that is the reason I own STX. Wat you just do is ask around and decide. Test ride (if possible) is best.

Good luck, dude!!

Hi bros, morning....

Yesterday was raining so big and I found there is water in my box...

Anyone got this problem??? Anyway to prevent water into the box???

The seal around your box has worn off. May need replacement. SG do not carry it though you may give it a shot at BS.Its gona be ex...You can search online website..they do sell.

Hi STXers,

any1 have the auto choke problem?

Symptom is normally during the 1st start of the day, the rpm will be very low and engine will stall.

Solution is to turn a bit of throttle and hold it there and start the engine.

But I will see black smoke from exhuast and the rpm is very unstable until the bike is warm up.

Another solution is bring to workshop to service the auto choke. Any1 did this?

How much did you spend for this service?

The seal around your box has worn off. May need replacement. SG do not carry it though you may give it a shot at BS.Its gona be ex...You can search online website..they do sell.

Thanks for the info bro... will try to DIY, BS is a killer which kill and put fire... a panel clip already cost me near $3... A so called orginal screw cost me near $4 and I got it at hardware store 10 for $2/- :p

Slow will get you to your destination always.

Hi STXers,

any1 have the auto choke problem?

Symptom is normally during the 1st start of the day, the rpm will be very low and engine will stall.

Solution is to turn a bit of throttle and hold it there and start the engine.

But I will see black smoke from exhuast and the rpm is very unstable until the bike is warm up.

Another solution is bring to workshop to service the auto choke. Any1 did this?

How much did you spend for this service?

I just changed mine for $120 a few months back, although I didnt get black smoke. But similar symptoms, difficult cold start and problem goes away after warm up.

I just changed mine for $120 a few months back, although I didnt get black smoke. But similar symptoms, difficult cold start and problem goes away after warm up.

you mean you change the auto choke?

I heard some owner say it's serviceable...so should be cheaper

hi all STXers,

I am too a fan of honda,

actually i`m ready to buy STX,

just tt the GTR is really priced too closely to the ST,

but it has slightly more BHP,

i know i cant judge a bike by BHP all these, rather it should be handling and ridability and parts avaibility,

but the GTR looks rather lucrative to me as well...

Urgh...

Would it be possible to join u all for any meetups so that i can find out more abt STX b4 i make my purchase? anyway i sold my current ride, so it`s just a matter of STX or GTR now..

hi all STXers,

I am too a fan of honda,

actually i`m ready to buy STX,

just tt the GTR is really priced too closely to the ST,

but it has slightly more BHP,

i know i cant judge a bike by BHP all these, rather it should be handling and ridability and parts avaibility,

but the GTR looks rather lucrative to me as well...

Urgh...

Would it be possible to join u all for any meetups so that i can find out more abt STX b4 i make my purchase? anyway i sold my current ride, so it`s just a matter of STX or GTR now..

If talking bout parts is cfm STX more easily available. Power GTR wins, handling wise depends. GTR rider position more like a sportsbike (may be tiring for too long distance) STx so far so good. Engine kawa will be more rough and honda much smoother. Eventually its up to u. The outlook and YOUR preference is the most important conderation point..

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/AT5555r/EnforcerGTR.jpg

1999-2000 :: NSR125r

2000-2002 :: CBR400rr

2002-2005 :: YZF R1

2005-2006 :: SYM GTS

2006-2010 :: Honda STx

2010-2013 :: Kawasaki GTR1400

2013-2015 :: BMW GSA

2016- ???? :: BMW GSA LC

If talking bout parts is cfm STX more easily available. Power GTR wins, handling wise depends. GTR rider position more like a sportsbike (may be tiring for too long distance) STx so far so good. Engine kawa will be more rough and honda much smoother. Eventually its up to u. The outlook and YOUR preference is the most important conderation point..

:thumb:

another factor is the resale

hi all STXers,

Urgh...

I think the guys in STOC have meetups quite often. you can join them.

more riders, more comments for you:goodluck:

I think the guys in STOC have meetups quite often. you can join them.

more riders, more comments for you:goodluck:

Ric regarding ur autochoke, u may want to pay boon siew a visit and see if they can service it for u..

Went to Looi's to try out these two bike.

Both bike were sitting side by side, one is white STX and another is black GTR.

Black GTR gave me a more fierce look, slightly bigger size than STX. White STX gave me a gentleman look.

When I sat on GTR, I had to lean much forwards compare to STX. Based on my past experience, sitting upright will be much better for the back and shoulder during long distance riding. So STX won.

When my pillion sat on GTR, she had to lean slightly forwards to rider and her legs had to bend a little bit more than 90 degree. When she sat on STX, she can sit upright and her legs were bend 90 degree, which was about the same as sitting on chair. STX won again.

Side panniers, GTR had two huge side panniers hanging outside the bike body, give me the feeling like carry two huge watermelons. STX's side panniers are well design and blend into its overall design, but the bike looks ugly when the side panniers are removed which I don't think I will remove them.

One is 1400cc engine another one is 1300cc engine, both can hit 200km/h easily only difference of few sec. I am not a chiongster, so speed is not a major concern to me.

And also other consideration such as local technical/service support, resale value, engine reliability, after market parts and accessories etc.

End result=STX!

mctan

Bro, thanks for your advice. Boon Siew charges too high liao.

I rather go and look for Meng Tong

Going to mah is also not that cheap too...

helo STXers..any idea where in S'pore to get the front 2 LED strobes as shown on Yzf-R1 signature STX1300? same small size..

i have scouted at SLT but to no avail..

anyone have any info of where the TP bikes in s'pore do their emergency lights? PM me if info is confidential ya..urgent!

dun wish to order online though..

thanks for the help and pardon my intrusion in this thread.

http://i3.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens5271672module39663012photo_12448116942008-BMW-R1200GS-Adventureb-small.jpg

What's an ADVENTURE??

EVERYTHING!!

helo STXers..any idea where in S'pore to get the front 2 LED strobes as shown on Yzf-R1 signature STX1300? same small size..

i have scouted at SLT but to no avail..

anyone have any info of where the TP bikes in s'pore do their emergency lights? PM me if info is confidential ya..urgent!

dun wish to order online though..

thanks for the help and pardon my intrusion in this thread.

The problem will be, Sg TP dun use STx. And their VFR lights are UGLY, its still using the old schools blinkers.(courtesy of Boon Siew). I'm also searching for LEDs but dun think i want to put up extra brackets for them, So scouting for smaller type then can be secure with good double sidded tape..

The problem will be, Sg TP dun use STx. And their VFR lights are UGLY, its still using the old schools blinkers.(courtesy of Boon Siew). I'm also searching for LEDs but dun think i want to put up extra brackets for them, So scouting for smaller type then can be secure with good double sidded tape..

yep thats what i notice..btw there's a new Accident Marshall on the roads riding a 3 wheeler bike something like the new Gilera..and they are using the small blinkers.cool sia but didn'y get chance to ask them.

btw they are from Aetos i think but i might be wrong..

any contacts of the place doing emergency lights in S'pore will be helpful.

there's 1 white STX in sgstoc.org using it.

forgot his name

u can try your luck there

really ah bro..ok thanks will chk the webbie..

http://i3.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens5271672module39663012photo_12448116942008-BMW-R1200GS-Adventureb-small.jpg

What's an ADVENTURE??

EVERYTHING!!

okie... will try to DIY first if still can't solve will try get it online... now major one is to get the clock... gopa's second hand one also need abt 100+++...BS selling at $175.00... haiz... sianz sia..

If really problem..might as well get those voltmeter with a clock.IMO its better than spending more .

Can try diy. But just best order online and ship in. Reasonable priced.I didthat before.

Checked my box and there is not even a small rubber seal around it... Went to BS yesterday and they told me they had never bring in the seal since day one, guess will have to check online as what you did before... :pity:

cos ST is problem free bike ma.. haa

Tell me about it Chubb bro.... so good why sell off your xiao bai??? ha ha ha... So... getting one more ST???? ;)

If really problem..might as well get those voltmeter with a clock.IMO its better than spending more .

Guess will have to see who wanna sell their bike back to shop and 1 to 1 ex-change plus top up lor... Any one wanna change???? :pray:

Slow will get you to your destination always.