SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda ST1100

Simon Soh

hi bro,

for the meeting up u will get ur invitation very soon. :smile:

as per the plm u wrote, its a very common sounding for ALL US models to have poppin or farting sound each time u rev up & decelerate at stationary position. BUT if u could hear it again while riding on engine braking or before coming to a stop, very high chance r the pair of diaphragm partially cracked/torn due to ageing.

to solve it, either u replace it in pair OR by simply stud-block the 4 EVAP outlet tubes from outside the engine block(below spark plug) linking to it.

the pair of diaphragm is inside each of the 2 housing mounted underneath(linking to the chrome tube to the engine block outside) the carburettor just beside the radiator hose. to now not sure if anyone got it replace, try check with Honda stockist if they come in seperate diaphragm or in a whole unit with housing.

the deceleration pop occurs during riding...never tried high/hard rev or chopping the throttle while stationary / idling as afraid it will harm the engine when its not "loaded"

Wa...very chim....but thanks for the explanation....hope to meet you guys one day soon before I sent the bike in for servicing....so hopefully wun kanna kor tok.....my mobile at 8288 5558...staying in Bt panjang region..cheers

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try to saw what happen with you switch off your bike, the highlight will get dimmer and off. As you pressing the start button it go dimmer and not off coz the time u need to start the bike does not allow you to see the headlight is off unless you press and start button and hold it then you will see the headlight is off.

Hi. My apologies. I couldnt seem to make out what you are trying to convey from the sentences.

Sorry I'm not good in writing... let me try again...

IF you press long enough on the starter switch you will notice the headlight actually is OFF not dimmer. Normally we press the starter switch and let go the switch once the bike start which make us only notice it get dimmer and not OFF..

Sorry I'm not good in writing... let me try again...

IF you press long enough on the starter switch you will notice the headlight actually is OFF not dimmer. Normally we press the starter switch and let go the switch once the bike start which make us only notice it get dimmer and not OFF..

Yes. Thanks. Much better.

hi guys, one of the workshop told me that metzeler tyres Z4 or Z6 are best suited for our ST1100 & quoted me $420 for both front & back. Any comments???

Tyre price I think went up slightly from my last change. Anyway $420 should be around the price range. I used a Z4 on my prev ST11. Sticky and good for those bends but wear off pretty fast. Depend on your riding style if travel more on highway type than may suggest getting those tires more value for milleage. Maybe can hear other opinions.

Edited by cbkooky

Tyre price I think went up slightly from my last change. Anyway $420 should be around the price range. I used a Z4 on my prev ST11. Sticky and good for those bends but wear off pretty fast. Depend on your riding style if travel more on highway type than may suggest getting those tires more value for milleage. Maybe can hear other opinions.

thxs for sharing bro .... wats ur opinion on other good value for $$ tyres???

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b51/speedevil6969/ST1100leaninglarrylogo.jpg

Make love .... not war!!!!

thxs for sharing bro .... wats ur opinion on other good value for $$ tyres???

my old time favourite..Michelin Macadame.Long Milleage tyres. Can also consider Bridgestone BT 21. I am non kup knee slider rider so these tyres suits my riding style, longer milleage. Both these tyres should be able to get below $400 range.

The backrest is it from Pirates Lair? Tat one is looks great so is the price :(

I bought an used corbin backrest from a fellow forumer and modidfied it at Seng Kwang.

mctan

kn2i,

its common plm for pre 96' models, most u could do is bring along a spare rectifier whenever if u r leaving for ride outside Sgp.

Thanks, Simon. I've bought a new rectifier for spare (~$85) and replaced the burned connector.

P1010253.jpg

:bouncefire:

Thanks, Simon. I've bought a new rectifier for spare (~$85) and replaced the burned connector.

how much they charge u for the spare connector..?

if u r leaving Sgp for a longer ride, would be better assurance if u bring along some spare fresh wires & some copper clips, u might not know when u will need it again for the similiar event.

maintain ur battery well.

Simon Soh

It's not the destination we conquered but ourselves.

Chiang Saen, Land of Golden Triangle

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5254/5500744953_52f8f8de37.jpg

26th Dec 05' - 9th Jan 06' Northern Thailand Trip

who got tow bike lobang?..jus called up bikebulance and they charge $50-60 to tow ST11 lor...faintz

its a big bull to carry & much of cosmetic to look after.... price is reasonable lah bro.. :D

Simon Soh

my old time favourite..Michelin Macadame.Long Milleage tyres.

mileage sibei song tire...!!!! I dont ride that much nowadys else I'll have a pair on. :smile:

Simon Soh

the deceleration pop occurs during riding...never tried high/hard rev or chopping the throttle while stationary / idling as afraid it will harm the engine when its not "loaded"

Wa...very chim....but thanks for the explanation....hope to meet you guys one day soon before I sent the bike in for servicing....so hopefully wun kanna kor tok.....my mobile at 8288 5558...staying in Bt panjang region..cheers

bro... not chim lah.... to make it simple, all u need to do it cut 4 pcs of aluminium or similar soft metal alike material, small enough to cover up 4 small little EVAP tube hole from outside the engine block will do. the location of the 4 hole r just above exhaust outlet, each of the 4 chrome tubes r fasten with 2 small nuts, once u un-nut it u'll see a small hole there, cover it...!

any DIYer will have no plm to task it, I dont have the pic else it will be a better explanor.

Simon Soh

how much they charge u for the spare connector..?

if u r leaving Sgp for a longer ride, would be better assurance if u bring along some spare fresh wires & some copper clips, u might not know when u will need it again for the similiar event.

maintain ur battery well.

Thanks for the advise. I took some connector from vehicle & DIY still keep the old connector(warped). Actually i directly solder the wires out from the old rectifier as i have no time to look for copper clips as overcharged will spoilt the battery. Do you buy the clips from Sim Lim? However, i still can feel that it's still quite "hot" on my left footpeg holder as compare to the right...i wonder why?

P1010256.jpg

P1010250.jpg

bro... not chim lah.... to make it simple, all u need to do it cut 4 pcs of aluminium or similar soft metal alike material, small enough to cover up 4 small little EVAP tube hole from outside the engine block will do. the location of the 4 hole r just above exhaust outlet, each of the 4 chrome tubes r fasten with 2 small nuts, once u un-nut it u'll see a small hole there, cover it...!

any DIYer will have no plm to task it, I dont have the pic else it will be a better explanor.

Mine is US model as well...normally have "farting" sound when dec. I only saw tubes to the EVAP. Are you refering to air injection pipes?

EVAP.jpg

its a big bull to carry & much of cosmetic to look after.... price is reasonable lah bro.. :D

Heehee...found a nice guy that help me tow the bike for S$30 from Bt Panjang to Mah Motor....call 9383 1261

Haven seen my bike yet so hopefully no damages to the bike during tow....then the rate are good value for difficult times like now

:cheeky:......previous owner says he got a copy of the service manual and will be collecting from him tis weekend...hopefully tat will shed more lights on this bike and which parts you guys are talking abt......now bike wif mengtong of Mah and hope he will take good care of it:cheers:

Maybe different price for different type of tow trucks. Some has built in tailgate so easier to just lift up. Some need the ramp ...old skul. Important bike no damage when at workshop. Later both side wind taichi... At least the rectifier is replaceable...I had to replace my whole alternator previoulsy for Euro version.

Mine is US model as well...normally have "farting" sound when dec. I only saw tubes to the EVAP. Are you refering to air injection pipes?

kn2i,

yes, exactly is item 12 Air Injection Pipes no. 16. use proper tool & dun be heavy handed when un-nuting the bolt, will give u big headache if its broken.

Simon Soh

guys...need help...

can engine oil leaks from the oil filter? coz i saw oil spot underneath my bike after 5days-parking-no start engine...come from the left-side of the bike...hmm...

where can be the possible common point of leaking? bit worry now..

p/s: never face it before with previous bikes