SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda ST1100

Simon Soh

Hi all

lately when i turn my throatter there is a sudden lost of power, but i only went to my mech two days later. He told me one of the spark plug got 'eaten up' and burn. The bike was actually working on 3 plugs.

He changes all the spark plug for me and the bike runs well now. My mech then recommended me to wash & tune my carb and change the needles to prevent 'eating of spark plug' again and the total cost will be about $250. Will wish to check all all the ST riders here, is it necessary to wash carb and change the needle?

was also thinking of changing my timing belt, and my mech quote me $600 and told me he will change alots of thing like water pump will also be change.

My ride is FS XXXX and PE version.

Lastly I got a original ST wind shield and back rest (the zip spoilt but can be repair) for sales. Do PM me to offer. Thanks for all the help in advance.

sudden lost of power when u turn ur throttle could be due to several reasons;

i.e. overly riched tunning, overly used spark plugs & etc...... ur mech has rectified ur plm for a start by replacing the 4 spark plugs. there might be other possibilty of valve-rod oil seal leaking OR improper tightening of spark plugs causing fuel/oil vapour to dampen the plug's electrode tip to misfired, OR wrong heat-range spark plug used.

changing of needles to prevent 'eating' of spark plugs..... somethig new to me. :D

major preventive maintenance is better u get someone reliable & experienced to do it, the cost more the less the same.

other than the major preventive maintenance, another important issue r the hoses as mentioned by cbkooky. it'll be a nighmare experience even if tiny breather hose crack or leak during ur ride.

why not compare it all & see which service u r able to monitor it for a while before u decide what to do. :smile:

Simon Soh

It's not the destination we conquered but ourselves.

Chiang Saen, Land of Golden Triangle

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5254/5500744953_52f8f8de37.jpg

26th Dec 05' - 9th Jan 06' Northern Thailand Trip

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

had been riding ST11 for couple of mths. ST11 is a good bike, only thing is too heavy. Everytime need to choose a shoes with good grips before making a ride. other then that, 2nd hand bike cheap and good in class 2 catergies

bring it to PG circuit, Im sure u'll know ur ST1100 better. :D

Simon Soh

It's not the destination we conquered but ourselves.

Chiang Saen, Land of Golden Triangle

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5254/5500744953_52f8f8de37.jpg

26th Dec 05' - 9th Jan 06' Northern Thailand Trip

bring it to PG circuit, Im sure u'll know ur ST1100 better. :D

Dear Simon

I wonder if anyone is doing a Pasir Gudang (i guess that's what PG stands for - sorry for being so blur) kind of trip. What is the procedure to get on the track? Any advice?

My Ride - Vespa ET8

Former But Damn Good Ride ST1100 (STOC # 7811)

Patience is a virtue....

Think of SAVING GAIA http://www.savinggaia.sg/

my st13 also die off after moving off for 5 mins or so.got to restart,ref up throttle to 2000 rpm,hold for 1 min or so for auto choke to cut in.once fully warm up,its good to go.

its the stupid auto choke that the ST13 has. Sometimes, during cold starts if it doesn't fast idle on its own, you need to rev the throttle a bit until the auto choke engages (you can tell when the rpm increases to 1500-2000 and stays there). If you don't let it warm up with the autochoke, then the symptoms you described will occur. This is what I experienced on my bike.

The autochoke can be adjusted so that no manual intervention is needed, but I never bothered, and it doesn't happen that often in the first place.

Still prefer manual choke :cheeky:

hi brothers,

just a show of hands, how many of you "bad" guys on two brothers exhaust.i'm on a pair,so far so goodddddddddddd.cheers.

how loud are the two bros? tot of changing but its not legal :( , wats the damage like $$??

"Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. It doesn't mean its wrong or right."

Hi stx bro ,need some advice.

IS anyone ever diy battery installation,if yes what's procedure involved?any checking ?

Can we open up straight away from box & install to the bike or need

to pre charge the battery first?

Lastly where to get original/oem battery & what is the cost?any shop to recommend?

thx

Hi stx bro ,need some advice.

IS anyone ever diy battery installation,if yes what's procedure involved?any checking ?

Can we open up straight away from box & install to the bike or need

to pre charge the battery first?

Lastly where to get original/oem battery & what is the cost?any shop to recommend?

thx

Bro,

take out the right side side panel. you will see the battery straight away. to remove the battery, have to first take out the brown thing called main fuse. then when you look further in towards the chassis, you will see a size 10 nut remove that and the battery could be taken out.

as for battery, after filling up the battery water, could straight away install, no need pre charging. as for the $ damage, can get it for S$165-$170 at eversuccess near syed alwi road. remember, your battery is a YTZ-14 and not a YTX-14 which is meant for ST1100.

Thomas

Thomas28

STOC#5870

FBB5423X

Thanks Simon, I have decided to change all the four needles in my carb and get it tune ( total damage is $192).

left my ride in the shop while i was away in Phuket (in time for bike festival and songkar). My Mech show me the four changed needles and told me everythings is done up and it should no longer eat into the spark plug......at least can have a peace of my mind.

But now my low in patrol light indicator is not lighting up, suspect Mech never connect properly. went back to shop, Mech said all things should be done and ask me to come another day to let him check.

Any bro have same problems? When switch to the ign to on, the patrol light will be on for about 1 sec and goes off......but when low on fuel the light will not light up......what could be the possible cause?

Thanks for all the help !!!!!!!!!!

sudden lost of power when u turn ur throttle could be due to several reasons;

i.e. overly riched tunning, overly used spark plugs & etc...... ur mech has rectified ur plm for a start by replacing the 4 spark plugs. there might be other possibilty of valve-rod oil seal leaking OR improper tightening of spark plugs causing fuel/oil vapour to dampen the plug's electrode tip to misfired, OR wrong heat-range spark plug used.

changing of needles to prevent 'eating' of spark plugs..... somethig new to me. :D

major preventive maintenance is better u get someone reliable & experienced to do it, the cost more the less the same.

other than the major preventive maintenance, another important issue r the hoses as mentioned by cbkooky. it'll be a nighmare experience even if tiny breather hose crack or leak during ur ride.

why not compare it all & see which service u r able to monitor it for a while before u decide what to do. :smile:

Bro,

take out the right side side panel. you will see the battery straight away. to remove the battery, have to first take out the brown thing called main fuse. then when you look further in towards the chassis, you will see a size 10 nut remove that and the battery could be taken out.

as for battery, after filling up the battery water, could straight away install, no need pre charging. as for the $ damage, can get it for S$165-$170 at eversuccess near syed alwi road. remember, your battery is a YTZ-14 and not a YTX-14 which is meant for ST1100.

Thomas

Thk u for valuable info bro.

I suppose the battery water will come along with purchase of battery.Am i right?

Thk u for valuable info bro.

I suppose the battery water will come along with purchase of battery.Am i right?

Yes.check instructions.

Hi there,

Does anyone know the owner of this White ST1100, FT 3993 M.

Please PM me.

Thanks,

LadyR

Nothing of the sort that you mentioned.

I just happened to find an item that belongs to him.

Want to return back to the rightful owner.

Cheers,

LadyR

Nothing of the sort that you mentioned.

I just happened to find an item that belongs to him.

Want to return back to the rightful owner.

Cheers,

LadyR

tat finally clears the air & all the doubts .....

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b51/speedevil6969/ST1100leaninglarrylogo.jpg

Make love .... not war!!!!