SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha TDM 900

comics00

ahhh... the wait is finally over...

back from my first TDM ride.

total change from riding my Shadow.

overtaking cars like a hot knife through butter.

Needs to get a little use to the gear changing cos I somehow feel I am using higher gears than necessary. resulting in knocking sounds...

Still going through the manual hoping to learn more.

I will definitely appriciate any tips from TDM riders.

Can someone also reccommend a shop for servicing this bike other than the agent (HL?) Or do I have to go there?

Many thanks in advance to all those providing valuable information on this thread.

Hope to meetup someday in future to learn more from the horses mouth.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AJ..

• kmax

• vtr firestorm

• Paikia44

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by yappiez@Jun 8 2004, 10:23 PM

ahhh... the wait is finally over...

back from my first TDM ride.

total change from riding my Shadow.

overtaking cars like a hot knife through butter.

Needs to get a little use to the gear changing cos I somehow feel I am using higher gears than necessary. resulting in knocking sounds...

Still going through the manual hoping to learn more.

I will definitely appriciate any tips from TDM riders.

Can someone also reccommend a shop for servicing this bike other than the agent (HL?) Or do I have to go there?

Many thanks in advance to all those providing valuable information on this thread.

Hope to meetup someday in future to learn more from the horses mouth.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Many of us go to different shops due to our own preference such as HL, Dili, Gopa etc.. see which mech u r comfortable with. Basic servicing should be very easy and almost all bike shops can do it. But if you wanna do something to the engine or EFI, I personally would go back to HL. Since yours is > 1yr old. Not going to HL makes no diff coz 1 yr warranty is over.

Yamaha WR200

Ducati Monster 400/540

Yamaha TDM850

Yamaha TDM900

BMW R1150GS

Suzuki Djebel 250XC

Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS

Ducati Hyperstrada 821

wah... :cheer: :cheer:

was travelling for a while and so many new members? yeah... welcome! i'm still travelling. only back in 2 weeks time.. damn! i missed my tdm. any trips after the 22 june? :lovestruck:

Dobby said! "Harry Potter must not go back to School this year. There is a plot; plot to create very terrible things"

Originally posted by barracuda@Jun 4 2004, 10:10 AM

Tall screen (A$120) (Quoted by Eagle screen)

Yamaha Tall screen $300+ (refer to comics00 post)

Yamaha panniers $1600

H&B Junior 40l with rack $950 (Quoted by M-Technic)

Yamaha Mainstand $300+

H&B Mainstand $250-$280 (Quoted by M-Technic)

BMW R1150 Handguards $150 (Estimated @ PML)

Yamaha Crash bar (Dunno price - got 2 types)

H&B Crash bar (Forgot to ask that day)

Chua Oiler $30

Scott oiler $120+ (Ard there I think)

Yamaha belly pan (Dunno price)

Headlight protector $45-$50+ (depend on brand)

Those who know exact prices please update ok?

I am interested in gettin a

main stand,

crash bar.

Which shop can i see it from?

If there's a meet up then better still. I can jus check out the other bikes.

Wah! left s'pore for only 11 days and we already got 3 new TDM riders:cheer:

saw bara's new bike last nite, it was like wow...wow all black & it looks really cool... gives the TDM an updated look :shades:

Welcome all the new members n hope more will turn up for the next meeting so to show off our TDMs & also to attract more ppl to join us :cheers:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

time to get some superglue (for the little caps) and some black spray to 'mod' my bike into the latest model..

:cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

:thumb: to all the TDMs present. Thanks for the tips.

I will try to join you guys more if there are meetups.

:thumb: :thumb:

BTW, anyone has a soft or hard copy of the service manual for the 900s?

Its no longer available from the Carpe site...

My fuel is about 19k per litre. I seldom go over 4k rpm and usually travel at about 100km/h on the 6th gear. Only have a topbox attached. I guess this should be normal among the other tdms?

Anyone 900 riders got a solution to the 'calves burn; problem when trying to push the bike forward while sitting on it? (ex, custom jam). Prehaps a fabricated device to block direct contact with the hot pipes?

(p.s. I am recovering from my world record attempt to get the most calves burns in a night. So far, I got about 7-9 with 5 visible burnt marks on both my calves.)

:weep: :weep:

Originally posted by yappiez@Jun 21 2004, 11:19 PM

Anyone 900 riders got a solution to the 'calves burn; problem when trying to push the bike forward while sitting on it? (ex, custom jam). Prehaps a fabricated device to block direct contact with the hot pipes?

(p.s. I am recovering from my world record attempt to get the most calves burns in a night. So far, I got about 7-9 with 5 visible burnt marks on both my calves.)

Ya, wear a shin-guard backwards.

No need to mod your bike! :smile:

Give up that you cannot keep...and gain the gift you cannot earn!

My fuel is about 19k per litre. I seldom go over 4k rpm and usually travel at about 100km/h on the 6th gear. Only have a topbox attached. I guess this should be normal among the other tdms?

haha... calves burn...

been giving out this warning since the day i got this bike.

solo can attest to that. :cheeky:

same as you, having this idea of fixing it but

after a while, you will get used to it.

no need to mod or anything, just have to spread eagle everytime you come to a stop

Boyz don't grow up, the toys just get bigger

omg!!! think every1 will agree that i should be the shortest of the TDM riders but how come i do get a chance to burn my calves:cheeky: aiya i always wears my jeans when ever i climb onto a bike lah!

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Originally posted by apogez@Jun 23 2004, 08:28 PM

haha... calves burn...

been giving out this warning since the day i got this bike.

solo can attest to that. :cheeky:

same as you, having this idea of fixing it but

after a while, you will get used to it.

no need to mod or anything, just have to spread eagle everytime you come to a stop

taller folkes can spread but shorten ones like me will have to paddle half way. just like women walking when they wear mini skirts. :sweat:

7+ times?! ouch... think his skin will be burnproff by end of the month. :p just need to be burnt more often to develop an auto conditioned response to only paddle half way. :p :P :p

i suspect it is the catalytic converter in the exhausts that is responsible for that kind of heat. not suggesting open belly surgery ...

was talking to a friend this morning n he show interest in TDM N ask for a test ride on my but i was too busy n lazy to walk all the way to the carpark:cheeky: he just sold his GS1100 couple of mths back. hope m able to convince him then our TDM population will grow:goodluck:

This has got to be the most violent calf burn i've heard. Tot once bitten twice shy? I got burned once from my ducati monster and thats the last. Bear in mind that the monster is much hotter than the TDM9. Apogez's eagle method is also what I practice. No problems so far. Do you actually notice that the TDM9 pipes already have a heat shield? You can see the bolts clamping it to the front part of the muffler. Well...its made of metal...good conductor of heat. Ducati monster has those metal heat shields as stock but offer carbon fibre shields as assessories. If you can get someone to make carbon fibre heat shields, it should work for you.

Yamaha WR200

Ducati Monster 400/540

Yamaha TDM850

Yamaha TDM900

BMW R1150GS

Suzuki Djebel 250XC

Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS

Ducati Hyperstrada 821

Originally posted by barracuda@Jun 26 2004, 12:17 AM

This has got to be the most violent calf burn i've heard. Tot once bitten twice shy? I got burned once from my ducati monster and thats the last. Bear in mind that the monster is much hotter than the TDM9. Apogez's eagle method is also what I practice. No problems so far. Do you actually notice that the TDM9 pipes already have a heat shield? You can see the bolts clamping it to the front part of the muffler. Well...its made of metal...good conductor of heat. Ducati monster has those metal heat shields as stock but offer carbon fibre shields as assessories. If you can get someone to make carbon fibre heat shields, it should work for you.

Hi guys,

Nice to know that you guys are growing :thumb: good luck...anyway regarding about the calf burn... take it as an advantage (sorry about your' minus your calf burn) during or when entering our singapore custom all those small malaysian bikes squeezing in from the side they don't care about your prize possession whether scratch or hit they just push in their way infront of you...these exhaust can deter them from getting near you...take advantage of it...

When I come in from JB after trips, these small bikes sqeeze me out and when they hit or push my mirrors they don't even bother to say sorry or atleast raise their hand(in gusture) lucky for them my to stainless exhaust is block by the side panniers...next time I going to remove the side panniers...to see anybody interested to know my bike better...

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

ThE SpIrIt StIlL LiVeS On "Diversion XJ9s"

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Thanks Silverghost..

That's a good advantage. I've tried it and so far, they really stay away from my pipes...

:cheeky: :cheeky:

Dobby said! "Harry Potter must not go back to School this year. There is a plot; plot to create very terrible things"

actually those cub kia will test water...

if they see you as someone who kan cheong about the bike fairing, cosmetics...

they know can makan you liao.

Boyz don't grow up, the toys just get bigger

Just did my 1st 1000km run in servicing. I noticed a trail of dried coolant near the coolant pump. Wiped it away to test if its occuring consistently. It came back a few times during the 1st 1000km. Told HL abt it when i went for servicing. It seemed to have gone away for a few days. HL says will replace that part under warranty if it returns (Got to show them the evidence). Anyone experienced this 'problem'?

Talk abt the JB jam, 4 of us (TDMs) kenna the wrong timing one nite and had to jostle with the cubs. Must be more garang abit, use handguards and panniers to scare or hit them. (Which usually works).

Yamaha WR200

Ducati Monster 400/540

Yamaha TDM850

Yamaha TDM900

BMW R1150GS

Suzuki Djebel 250XC

Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS

Ducati Hyperstrada 821

Originally posted by casio@Jun 28 2004, 06:00 PM

any plans to go for touring anytime soon? i haven't been around lately. have been on the business trips.

yeah.. anyone going for one??

It's rather boring riding around sg when we have such a nice bike.. mine is so under utilize....

There's a group going Cameron Highlands during the national day break.. anything happening for TDMs?

Originally posted by yappiez@Jun 28 2004, 07:13 PM

Hi there,

Anyone knows if the rear mudguard (see picture) for the BM bike will be able to fit on TDMs?

Prehaps a little modification? Where to get? Price?

Why dun you call Performance Motors for a quote? Keep us posted ya?

Yamaha WR200

Ducati Monster 400/540

Yamaha TDM850

Yamaha TDM900

BMW R1150GS

Suzuki Djebel 250XC

Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS

Ducati Hyperstrada 821