SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Super Four Non-VTEC Family: PB1 VerR & VerS

sino74

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, agree... The main problem is tat water may enter the engine oil. Then in a few days time the EO wil be in white color. Indication of water mixing with EO.

Face tis problem last time whn my water pump leaks...:giddy:

in motor thiam ppl say this is for the heat:angry: from the engine to release faster. so engine won't be easy overheat:P . but for me i try b4 tat this thing i pay 10 buck to the shop for nothing( totally decoration). and worst thing if water drip into the tube(if u place wrong or heavy rain u still riding)... u know wat happen after next when ur engine drink some water...:thumb::angel:

anybody knows what is the purpose of the EO breather? is like a tube coming out from the EO cap.

I oso scare of this engine breather .. while moving yes it released air even rain no worries. if park station that the problem .. I water vapour, water etc will it enter through that little hole.

3 Arai Helmet Meets Up :angel:

Yes, agree... The main problem is tat water may enter the engine oil. Then in a few days time the EO wil be in white color. Indication of water mixing with EO.

Face tis problem last time whn my water pump leaks...:giddy:

wow!! then how? engine got 'up car' not? i thing go bike shop relly must ''ahh'' ka liao with the mech. so can get more inform of thing we wanted to buy. sometime(only sometime) they tell u which can invest which dun need to.

wow!! then how? engine got 'up car' not? i thing go bike shop relly must ''ahh'' ka liao with the mech. so can get more inform of thing we wanted to buy. sometime(only sometime) they tell u which can invest which dun need to.

No la... I juz changed both EO n water pump. Tis happens to my Krr last time. Thn after few milage change again the EO so can flush out any residual contaminated EO.

I dont recommend installing the breather... But if anyone knows how to take care of it thn why not...:thumb: :cheeky:

-"It's not about how fast u can travel from 0-100km/h, but it's about how fast u can stop from 100-0km/h"-:thumb:

Yamaha RXZ- 2005

Kawasaki KRR- 2006

Honda Super4 PB1- 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011

No la... I juz changed both EO n water pump. Tis happens to my Krr last time. Thn after few milage change again the EO so can flush out any residual contaminated EO.

I dont recommend installing the breather... But if anyone knows how to take care of it thn why not...:thumb: :cheeky:

mine bro last time NSR 250 SE(10 years back liao) also have this tube thingy, but he also dun put( cos really chiong bike(he 40 plus married liao, no more playing)they use and know the thing work not). now ppl in sg got spare cash liao, think tat sometime this and tat is good for bike or car. but when put liao then yes perform good... but for awhile only, cos the problem start to come cos of the extra spare part install. if you know mech and buddy with them huh. 'if' they ride middle(nsr250,S4,gsxr400,cbr400 etc..) or bigger bike hor. u see lor. where got all this thingy on their bike. dun have one..

mine bro last time NSR 250 SE(10 years back liao) also have this tube thingy, but he also dun put( cos really chiong bike(he 40 plus married liao, no more playing)they use and know the thing work not). now ppl in sg got spare cash liao, think tat sometime this and tat is good for bike or car. but when put liao then yes perform good... but for awhile only, cos the problem start to come cos of the extra spare part install. if you know mech and buddy with them huh. 'if' they ride middle(nsr250,S4,gsxr400,cbr400 etc..) or bigger bike hor. u see lor. where got all this thingy on their bike. dun have one..

Ya like i said. No need to install it..:thumb:

-"It's not about how fast u can travel from 0-100km/h, but it's about how fast u can stop from 100-0km/h"-:thumb:

Yamaha RXZ- 2005

Kawasaki KRR- 2006

Honda Super4 PB1- 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011

Agreed with Smiley73. "trust" is the thing here. There is no "fixed" cost for an overhaul. Once the engine etc..are open up..you never quite know what need to be replaced..could be a worn bearings or gears or something that about to go and what need to be done. Some stuff have to be changed as a set..yes, you have to have a mechanic that is good and can be trusted. Also be present most of the time when you can.

About the tube thingy...yes, I agreed with those that commended as how water should not be able to get in and how it should be path in a way that is safe for usage.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

go to ur trusted moto shop to do it.. better

i go K&T wash carb b4 so far i know K&T not bad.. as for trust not to any mech so far.. any recommend? thaks

Agreed with Smiley73. "trust" is the thing here. There is no "fixed" cost for an overhaul. Once the engine etc..are open up..you never quite know what need to be replaced..could be a worn bearings or gears or something that about to go and what need to be done. Some stuff have to be changed as a set..yes, you have to have a mechanic that is good and can be trusted. Also be present most of the time when you can.

About the tube thingy...yes, I agreed with those that commended as how water should not be able to get in and how it should be path in a way that is safe for usage.

thanks for reply, same as above, dun really trust any now.. any recommend?

Hi 4vs..checking back the thread..I just know that your Version S is 9 years old..other than that you want to hi-ech feel your brake hose. Major overhaul is a serious expense affair...care to tell us what's wrong with your babe that you think requiresd an overhaul? My PB1 is in its eleven years and I ride so hard on it and all is still well and proper. There may be a few things you like to do internally to make your bike better if there are problems...but an overhaul is for somethings serious. Once you mentioned "overhaul"..the mechan will relay the message to his boss which then look at his collectionof "Parangs"..so..don't just say "overhaul" casually.

Hi 4vs..checking back the thread..I just know that your Version S is 9 years old..other than that you want to hi-ech feel your brake hose. Major overhaul is a serious expense affair...care to tell us what's wrong with your babe that you think requiresd an overhaul? My PB1 is in its eleven years and I ride so hard on it and all is still well and proper. There may be a few things you like to do internally to make your bike better if there are problems...but an overhaul is for somethings serious. Once you mentioned "overhaul"..the mechan will relay the message to his boss which then look at his collectionof "Parangs"..so..don't just say "overhaul" casually.

hi.thank for feed back. so far engine no problem but i just bought this babe for 9 month. the hoses for coolant to traver rusty liao. and i really scare like some of the bro/sis here got engine problem in future, so i rather spend a bit to maintain mine bike younger. so can last me another 5 to 6 years..aleast. not casually say. really want to do when got the flow to do so. tat y i ask old bird like you and some friend here which done maintaince i want to do in future, for more information, lastly to mention mine mileage clock go finish one round liao by previous owner....:thumb:

Why i dont recommend cos i dont want to get involve with issues later on with job not done properly or cost over charge etc....

but if anyone ask me where i did my overhaul then diff story ....

i go K&T wash carb b4 so far i know K&T not bad.. as for trust not to any mech so far.. any recommend? thaks

thanks for reply, same as above, dun really trust any now.. any recommend?

We went to the same shop service anyway...

he price abit on high side but :thumb: workmanship

hi.thank for feed back. so far engine no problem but i just bought this babe for 9 month. the hoses for coolant to traver rusty liao. and i really scare like some of the bro/sis here got engine problem in future, so i rather spend a bit to maintain mine bike younger. so can last me another 5 to 6 years..aleast. not casually say. really want to do when got the flow to do so. tat y i ask old bird like you and some friend here which done maintaince i want to do in future, for more information, lastly to mention mine mileage clock go finish one round liao by previous owner....:thumb:

just top overhaul if want to maintain it ......

Well s4vs..from what you said...I would have the hose replaced but not with the overhaul if I were you. If you do feel good about it, I suggest you go with Smiley73 suggestion of having a "top overhaul"...meaning they would decarbonise your piston head, grind valve, valve springs..shim replacement(may be)..tapers whatever...just about anything on top. A good mechanic would tell you that certain part need to be changed as the older parts may not work well with it..as mixing of newer parts and older parts that work in sync is never good.

Again..cost may escalate in the process..there is no fixed price in such a job..labour yes and for parts..its uncertain in $ to be spend...and this is where a good and trusted mechanic is needed. Its easy for them to request taht all top end parts be replaced..easy for their job but damaging to your pocket.

So b4 you decide even to have your top end overhaul..if there is nothing abnormal..save the money..for all you know by then , may be you be interested in another model (new bike). The key to well maintainance is to change motor oil timely and keep your bike cooling system in good flow.

If you still need recommendation..do let me know. Btw...do you have mechanic or a regular bike workshop that you frequent often for servicing and such? The boss don't like...but its good to get personal PR with them.

A bike shop boss once told me that this SF4 bikes are so tough that he said it hardly need any overhauling (not eevn top)...only one case when one owner (old man) rode until coolant dry and always travel only at 80-90 km/hr..till so hot that his middle block water jacket cracked...LOL!...its spec model and not our old non vtec toughfy version.

Wow!...nice bike tim17..well kept!..if your header was the stainless steel type..mannn!..its a shinning star.

"Absorber"...are you referring to back suspension? I know one fat malay guy told me he changed back suspension every year after it get soften. He said the original one is too expensive o last that long and rebuilding is not worthy. Cost him $65.00 a piece. Don't know what brand but certainly makes the bike looks look and new..also like Thai bikes like that.

Well s4vs..from what you said...I would have the hose replaced but not with the overhaul if I were you. If you do feel good about it, I suggest you go with Smiley73 suggestion of having a "top overhaul"...meaning they would decarbonise your piston head, grind valve, valve springs..shim replacement(may be)..tapers whatever...just about anything on top. A good mechanic would tell you that certain part need to be changed as the older parts may not work well with it..as mixing of newer parts and older parts that work in sync is never good.

Again..cost may escalate in the process..there is no fixed price in such a job..labour yes and for parts..its uncertain in $ to be spend...and this is where a good and trusted mechanic is needed. Its easy for them to request taht all top end parts be replaced..easy for their job but damaging to your pocket.

So b4 you decide even to have your top end overhaul..if there is nothing abnormal..save the money..for all you know by then , may be you be interested in another model (new bike). The key to well maintainance is to change motor oil timely and keep your bike cooling system in good flow.

If you still need recommendation..do let me know. Btw...do you have mechanic or a regular bike workshop that you frequent often for servicing and such? The boss don't like...but its good to get personal PR with them.

A bike shop boss once told me that this SF4 bikes are so tough that he said it hardly need any overhauling (not eevn top)...only one case when one owner (old man) rode until coolant dry and always travel only at 80-90 km/hr..till so hot that his middle block water jacket cracked...LOL!...its spec model and not our old non vtec toughfy version.

i see., ok i call K&T see for top overhaul cost. hee. thank for the explain help me to know more of top overhual.:thumb:

Wow!...nice bike tim17..well kept!..if your header was the stainless steel type..mannn!..its a shinning star.

"Absorber"...are you referring to back suspension? I know one fat malay guy told me he changed back suspension every year after it get soften. He said the original one is too expensive o last that long and rebuilding is not worthy. Cost him $65.00 a piece. Don't know what brand but certainly makes the bike looks look and new..also like Thai bikes like that.

lol.. thanks man. well.. looks good only.. but inside now.. rider also very reckless.. so "LOOK good" only.. haha :cheeky:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/asset.php?fid=279659&uid=24812&d=1407032960