SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Super Four Non-VTEC Family: PB1 VerR & VerS

sino74

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys. Ive got a question. My buddy recently rode his Ver S out of sg and cruise at 140 to and fro.

When he got back his engine starting making lots of noises. Anyone knows what might be the cause?

What kind of noise?

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

Hi Ah Pek,

I am having this similar problems.. sudden loss of power. I talk to some shop, they told me mid block replacement is hard to get now and even 2nd hand might already have leaks. how to obtain a brand new mid replacement block when the item is no longer in production? Maybe I should come and visit you some day. show u the signs and symptoms my bike is giving me.. from gear 1 to gear 2 or to gear 3 there is a loss of power than suddenly it will jerk and burst with power.. I am finding this very weird. and my coolant sometimes leaks from the small hole on the right side of my engine fins.. any advice in terms of reasonable maximum total damage?

Thank you ah pek.

Current Rides:

CBR1100XX(Black) - 2015

CB400 Ver. S(Tri-color) - 2012

FZ-16(Black) - 2013

Previous Rides:

PIAGGIO X8(Red) - 2010 to 2011

Hi Ah Pek,

I am having this similar problems.. sudden loss of power. I talk to some shop, they told me mid block replacement is hard to get now and even 2nd hand might already have leaks. how to obtain a brand new mid replacement block when the item is no longer in production? Maybe I should come and visit you some day. show u the signs and symptoms my bike is giving me.. from gear 1 to gear 2 or to gear 3 there is a loss of power than suddenly it will jerk and burst with power.. I am finding this very weird. and my coolant sometimes leaks from the small hole on the right side of my engine fins.. any advice in terms of reasonable maximum total damage?

Thank you ah pek.

If it's coolat leaking from the engine block..that I can do without you having to spend on replacing with a 2nd block or new block which can caused quite a lot. As for the jerky power type performance..believe coolant has gotten into ur spark plugs holes and the plug or 2 may be wet and this gives you the effect of the performance you r having..in this case, it is considered more serious and am no sure if my method helps. For now, u can try taking out the thankl and try to dry up the holes..than take out the plugs and see if it's corroded by water. This oso often happened if you washed bike in Malaysia using "jet wash" as waters gets jetted thru the spark plugs rubber cover caps.

Hey guys..i juz got my pb1... But the rear discbrake had worn out...where can i get it replced? N how much...? No need ori..n there is a screech sound wen i use the front brake..can i noe what might b the prob... Thank u in advance...

Coast about $25 or less to have the pads replaced. The screeching sound may be sign of ur front pads wearing near end liao. Usually..there is a metak marker that scratches ur brake disc to tell you it's time to replace.

hi all bros, getting my V S next week. few things need help from old bird here.

1- any recommendation on 2 side box?

(i prefer the original Honda one which currently seen on 400x, may i know where to get and can it be fitted on version S?)

2- is tank bra useful or just for cosmetic?

3- how much it cost to spray whole bike including frame?

thanks a million!

Edited by anger

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ah pek,

i just bought cb400 version s last week..i have a problem regarding my temp warning light. when i ignition on, the side stand and oil warning light light up. but the water temp warning light did not appear. but when i ride around 120km/h constant..the water temp light appear. the fan and water pump working well. its is ok to ride when the the water temp light is on??people say dont trust the light for older bike. is there any thing to take note?

Please Advice.

Hi Ah pek,

i just bought cb400 version s last week..i have a problem regarding my temp warning light. when i ignition on, the side stand and oil warning light light up. but the water temp warning light did not appear. but when i ride around 120km/h constant..the water temp light appear. the fan and water pump working well. its is ok to ride when the the water temp light is on??people say dont trust the light for older bike. is there any thing to take note?

There is no "self Check working" status for "Temp" light which indicates that your cooling systeming is running way below specs and temperature is too high to use the bike any further. Not sure about ur meter because there are a lot of "Chiong" ones ppl had installed bekuz it's only 1/3 the price of an original. The circuit board inside has screwed unreliable components.

Please Advice.

To know what is ok or not..BE SURE to check ur Coolant Reserve Tank that coolant is up to the correct level and do not have rust power in it..if there's, coloration be like "milo". The other thing is that, if the Temp light comes on..be sure that ur fan was "ON" before the Temp light comes on and that there is no coolant boiling sound from the Reserve coolant tank. If the fan is working b4 temp light is on and no coolant boiling..guess ur meter could be a chiong or multifunction. To tell if the meter is chiong or not..the plastic chroming where the key iginitionhole, signal and neutral lights are is normally more shinny than the original which is kind of matted aluminum look.

Arg... my left signal indicator no light. Any idea how to troubleshoot it?? Cause intermittent theres light then no light again.. maybe some wiring loose.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

If it's coolat leaking from the engine block..that I can do without you having to spend on replacing with a 2nd block or new block which can caused quite a lot. As for the jerky power type performance..believe coolant has gotten into ur spark plugs holes and the plug or 2 may be wet and this gives you the effect of the performance you r having..in this case, it is considered more serious and am no sure if my method helps. For now, u can try taking out the thankl and try to dry up the holes..than take out the plugs and see if it's corroded by water. This oso often happened if you washed bike in Malaysia using "jet wash" as waters gets jetted thru the spark plugs rubber cover caps.

Ah Pek, my coolant leaking from the engine block... Can help?? Exp or not??

Ah Pek, my coolant leaking from the engine block... Can help?? Exp or not??

Let me know what version and sms me at 90670020.

Mine start leaking abit too.. i need your help to fixed it too ah pek..

Have to check see...can sms me at 90670020.