SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Super Four Non-VTEC Family: PB1 VerR & VerS

sino74

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Somewhat similar and they claim to be base on reading their product write up. Nevertheless can try but I'm not using this brand and product from this company. Have to be careful with such stuff these days bekuz there are many companies that guy and reformulate themselves and resell. This item preferably be of creamy base but not in liquid form. If application is not done properly..it's not effective.

Hi yall I'd like to share my experience with this ceramet formula from Ah Pek (fyi my ride is 16 yr old+ PB1). After oil change, there was the initial smoothness of course as with any oil change. After riding for abt 1-2 weeks+, can feel the difference alrdy (it may be shorter for yall as it's x'mas holiday period so i seldom ride). Now my bike machiam got vtec but only difference is vtec need to reach certain rpm to feel the "kick"; whereas my bike can "kick" in whenever I need it! Especially when cruising at 6th gear overtaking on expressway- u need it, u got it! Fuel wise I try to control a bit and today jus pump petrol (esso synergy 8000) & got 23.69km/l from previous 5000 pump. Jus fyi my pattern is 1st pump of the month pump 1 time 8000 den the rest of the month pump 5000. Last whole year of 2014 got average of 22.76km/l. This is jus my 2nd refill so need to ride longer to find average. Nowadays COE so high so IMO must take gd care of our old bike even more. Personally I highly :thumb:recommend:thumb: yall to try it out, especially those with old bikes. Let's feel young again, shall we?:cheers:

2005-2008: Phantom TA200

2006-2011: Hyundai Getz 1.6

2008-2008: wave 110

2008-2009: CB400 Ver S

2009-2009: Phantom TA200

2009-2011: CB400 Spec 1

2012-2012: Aprilia Scarabeo 200

2012-2013: Phantom TA150

2016-2016: SilverWing FJS400D

2013-current: CB400 PB1

Hi, got few questions to ask regarding my super 4.

Super 4 Version S 1998

- starting up, idle, ride fines. Electrical components work well

Problem 1:

- Bike won't rev past 10k RPM in any gear/neutral. As though it hits rev limiter. In gear 5-6, will be hard to climb from 9k to 10k RPM. To hit 10k, must twist the throttle and maintain that "sweet spot" which is not full throttle, probably 3/4 turn. If full twist, it'll just bog. From idle to 10k it goes smoothly.

Things done:

- cut the speedo speed limiter wire

- washed and tuned carb

- checked for twisted fuel/vacuum line

- cleared tank breather pipe

- cleared side stand switch and use contact cleaner

Outcome:

Nothing work, still the same. Went to U and was suggested to do whole bike rewiring. Went to another shop, says my bike wiring is fine (from visual inspection)

Problem 2:

- bike temp light comes on after 5+ mins of riding. Before changing my meter casing, bike fan was never on at all. I didn't even know there's a fan lol.

Things done:

- changed my meter back casing to new as the old one cracked. (So I assumed the old one temp light wire was cut or something as before the change, my temp light never comes on)

- change thermostat switch

- directly ground the fan so it remains on 24/7

- changed EO

- checked coolant and top up both the head and reservoir

Outcome:

- temp light turns on after 5+ mins of riding. Funny thing is it brightens up when I twist my throttle. When idle it dims and sometimes doesn't come on. When turn signal is used, it flickers in same tempo as the turn indicator light. I'm guessing it's the grounding of this wire not done properly but how do I check?

Problem 3:

- choke knob on handle bar has 1/3 turn free play (about 15mm) and also the needle on my 3rd cylinder broke

Things done:

- wanted to adjust the nut on my carb to remove the free play as from my understanding, if riding with choke on, will just deteriorate bike performance especially at higher rev, poor fuel economy too (my ride is 23km/l which is poor compare to 25km/l). So I removed the tank to find out that for cylinder 1,2,4 the needles are connected to the metal rod so when choke knob is twisted they move. But not on cylinder 3 whereby the needle broke. I tried to 'close' it but it doesn't move. Not sure if this is related to problem 1. Should I get it fix? What's the cost for this?

Recommendations/solutions for all 3 problems are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Problem 1:

- Bike won't rev past 10k RPM in any gear/neutral. As though it hits rev limiter. In gear 5-6, will be hard to climb from 9k to 10k RPM. To hit 10k, must twist the throttle and maintain that "sweet spot" which is not full throttle, probably 3/4 turn. If full twist, it'll just bog. From idle to 10k it goes smoothly.

Things done:

- cut the speedo speed limiter wire

- washed and tuned carb

- checked for twisted fuel/vacuum line

- cleared tank breather pipe

- cleared side stand switch and use contact cleaner

Outcome:

Nothing work, still the same. Went to U and was suggested to do whole bike rewiring. Went to another shop, says my bike wiring is fine (from visual inspection)

My somewhat limited experience when i 1st bought my Ver S abt 1.5 yrs ago : once my speed is up to 140km/h, to get to 160 was a real struggle. the bike was choking for air in order to climb up to a higher speed. Changed eo, nothing worked and fc just went downhill up to a point it was choking even when riding at 80km/h. Finally, changed new air filter and prob fixed and fc goes to 390 - 400km from full tank till it hits reserve. Hope this helps if u have yet to change the air filter.

Hi yall I'd like to share my experience with this ceramet formula from Ah Pek (fyi my ride is 16 yr old+ PB1). After oil change, there was the initial smoothness of course as with any oil change. After riding for abt 1-2 weeks+, can feel the difference alrdy (it may be shorter for yall as it's x'mas holiday period so i seldom ride). Now my bike machiam got vtec but only difference is vtec need to reach certain rpm to feel the "kick"; whereas my bike can "kick" in whenever I need it! Especially when cruising at 6th gear overtaking on expressway- u need it, u got it! Fuel wise I try to control a bit and today jus pump petrol (esso synergy 8000) & got 23.69km/l from previous 5000 pump. Jus fyi my pattern is 1st pump of the month pump 1 time 8000 den the rest of the month pump 5000. Last whole year of 2014 got average of 22.76km/l. This is jus my 2nd refill so need to ride longer to find average. Nowadays COE so high so IMO must take gd care of our old bike even more. Personally I highly :thumb:recommend:thumb: yall to try it out, especially those with old bikes. Let's feel young again, shall we?:cheers:

Thanks bro for sharing. Do let me know and share it here beside gaining back as much compression from rebuilding your layers on the cyclinder walls and con-rod and crunching pins and their bearings.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

My somewhat limited experience when i 1st bought my Ver S abt 1.5 yrs ago : once my speed is up to 140km/h, to get to 160 was a real struggle. the bike was choking for air in order to climb up to a higher speed. Changed eo, nothing worked and fc just went downhill up to a point it was choking even when riding at 80km/h. Finally, changed new air filter and prob fixed and fc goes to 390 - 400km from full tank till it hits reserve. Hope this helps if u have yet to change the air filter.

Great experience..thanks for sharing.

Thanks Ah pek for your ceramic formular.. Though it's just a 1 dose of it. But the smoothness in the engine and the compression could be felt. FC improved from 20km/L to 22km/L.. Guess i need one more Jap to improved it more.. Will look for u soon again.. Been riding for the past 1mth with that ceramic to test it out. Reving my bike( Dont' give chance. wack only)

So far so good..

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

Thanks Ah pek for your ceramic formular.. Though it's just a 1 dose of it. But the smoothness in the engine and the compression could be felt. FC improved from 20km/L to 22km/L.. Guess i need one more Jap to improved it more.. Will look for u soon again.. Been riding for the past 1mth with that ceramic to test it out. Reving my bike( Dont' give chance. wack only)

So far so good..

Most welcome bro..works for everyone that has it..LOL! Ride safe my friend.

Heh Bam-bino!..where r u and what u riding now..Green Kawa 1000cc r?..otherwise, if you got an old ride tire horse..come to me..new stuff yes..my very best and the last of it yet. It's something that rejuvenate, repair and rebuild your cylinder wall, something a major overhaul that cost $2-3k cannot achieve. Regain compression to smoothness and real time respond performance and to top it off..save fuel!..heee...x2!

Heh Bam-bino!..where r u and what u riding now..Green Kawa 1000cc r?..otherwise, if you got an old ride tire horse..come to me..new stuff yes..my very best and the last of it yet. It's something that rejuvenate, repair and rebuild your cylinder wall, something a major overhaul that cost $2-3k cannot achieve. Regain compression to smoothness and real time respond performance and to top it off..save fuel!..heee...x2!

No laa pek i only ride spark 135.. But now 4 years already.. Lol.. Wah sounds gd laa bro.. Will updated u wen i wanma come over ur place.. Same place amk rite? :)

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b108/Ayirock/spankers/1234.png

No laa pek i only ride spark 135.. But now 4 years already.. Lol.. Wah sounds gd laa bro.. Will updated u wen i wanma come over ur place.. Same place amk rite? :)

Do come..I assure you the bike feels like a new bike just after break in..LOL!..ride safe bro.

Ok can.. God willing i come see u soon.. Its eo right?

EO is one thing..it's something else injected into the crank case. If you are using other EO and is still quite new..can also just injected with it.

Hi version S rider. May I know what headlanp bulb is ver s uusing

Thai Amulets do not produce instant miracles. Wear it with faiths and a good heart. Eventually you will see the effect.

Im letting go some of my thai amulets which I had collected throughout the years when I go to Thailand. Do PM me if you are looking for something which u cant find in my post, I might have it. Thanks :)

Hi version S rider. May I know what headlanp bulb is ver s uusing

All S4 uses H4 (Halogen Bulb)..when handling..DON'T TOUCH THE GLASS!

All S4 uses H4 (Halogen Bulb)..when handling..DON'T TOUCH THE GLASS!

Thanks for the reply!

Thai Amulets do not produce instant miracles. Wear it with faiths and a good heart. Eventually you will see the effect.

Im letting go some of my thai amulets which I had collected throughout the years when I go to Thailand. Do PM me if you are looking for something which u cant find in my post, I might have it. Thanks :)

Hi all,

Was wondering if my Ver. S is normal travelling at 5th gear @80km/h, @5-6k rpm. It is normal? It seems to be kinda hard for me to bring it up to 100km/h. It does sounds very loud when I try to force it to cross 80 & above. I have just did a service thou.

WOOTS!!!!!

Lets Go Trailing

Hi all,

Was wondering if my Ver. S is normal travelling at 5th gear @80km/h, @5-6k rpm. It is normal? It seems to be kinda hard for me to bring it up to 100km/h. It does sounds very loud when I try to force it to cross 80 & above. I have just did a service thou.

WOOTS!!!!!

Lets Go Trailing