SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[CDC] Class 2B (2010)

got picture on the ssdc thread....wah, rooftop to 3rd floor landing very far leh!!!

apparently, girl was on her 3rd attempt at lesson 1.

there was once...i saw a prac 1 girl at cdc lying on the floor next to the plank, her bike fell facing all of us queuing up for the plank. 3 guys in front helped her to push her bike away to clear the path and she still sat on the floor like couldn't get up.

i asked the guy next to me what happened and he said she was on the outer circuit, mounted the kerb next to the plank as she was turning and she flew right out of her bike.

i think the same scenerio might have happened to the ssdc girl....just that she flew out of the building!

maybe its better for ssdc to regulate the usage of the top level circuit facility.. maybe after a few pracs then hold their prac there.. because the girl is still getting used to the bike, when she flew off.. and "mount wall" as of what bro fredeee said.

if your bike ain't dirty, your not riding it enough

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, man you were one of the lucky few who think got one of the fastest, prac 8 in under 4 months, very very good achievement! =)

haha thanks! :) i think i very lucky for get most of the earlier dates and luckily i'm in sch and my timing quite flexible for learning 2b. i thought i was quite a slow learner when i got stuck at pract2 3x and pract3 3x, fell down and injured my left foot during the 1st pract3 at fig8. haha but now fig8 is like a playground whereby i think i can zoomzoom it within 9-10s, told myself to overcome the phobia i had.

if tmr pass can take a short break till drt123 finish and go for CR+RRs before TP liao. :D

poor girl, hope she is fine.

got picture on the ssdc thread....wah, rooftop to 3rd floor landing very far leh!!!

apparently, girl was on her 3rd attempt at lesson 1.

there was once...i saw a prac 1 girl at cdc lying on the floor next to the plank, her bike fell facing all of us queuing up for the plank. 3 guys in front helped her to push her bike away to clear the path and she still sat on the floor like couldn't get up.

i asked the guy next to me what happened and he said she was on the outer circuit, mounted the kerb next to the plank as she was turning and she flew right out of her bike.

i think the same scenerio might have happened to the ssdc girl....just that she flew out of the building!

wa, i think she is injured and still traumatised from the fall. >

hitting the wall and fly out is seriously gonna hurt mans.

i told one of my female friend not to learn 2b unless she is confident in handling a motorbike and its considered heavy to most people including men so must be very very careful when learning.

Edited by chipsmore

wa, i think she is injured and still traumatised from the fall. >

hitting the wall and fly out is seriously gonna hurt mans.

i told one of my female friend not to learn 2b unless she is confident in handling a motorbike and its considered heavy to most people including men so must be very very careful when learning.

Falling in the circuit already very painful and scary. What more fly off the building? They really should not have held bike practs on the top floor. Or atleast increase the height of the walls .

Falling in the circuit already very painful and scary. What more fly off the building? They really should not have held bike practs on the top floor. Or atleast increase the height of the walls .

I think so too. I just don't understand why the prac1 learner riders are at the 5th floor. During prac1 we're still not that familiar with the bike, let alone do the correct procedure for braking etc.

I think so too. I just don't understand why the prac1 learner riders are at the 5th floor. During prac1 we're still not that familiar with the bike, let alone do the correct procedure for braking etc.

Exactly. Prac 1 cannot even move off without falling. Very infortunate. Lucky she landed on the ledge.

dear bro and sis, i made it. 10pts even though i almost had an immed. haha 3mths anniversary gift from cdc. :)

gonna take a break all the way till 1 or 2wks before tp, 1st TP for new route effective is 16dec if i'm not wrong according to the instructor who took me for pract8 today. its a long long wait, in the meantime i can wash my helmet and save up haha!

i had my personal record time for fig8 during CR before pract8 haha 8.7. vroomvroom!

so bro @Adrik smirnov , u are still taking the old route for ur TP on 11nov :)

dear bro and sis, i made it. 10pts even though i almost had an immed. haha 3mths anniversary gift from cdc. :)

gonna take a break all the way till 1 or 2wks before tp, 1st TP for new route effective is 16dec if i'm not wrong according to the instructor who took me for pract8 today. its a long long wait, in the meantime i can wash my helmet and save up haha!

i had my personal record time for fig8 during CR before pract8 haha 8.7. vroomvroom!

Congratulations, 10 points on the first attempt! btw for prac 8 did they use the old route or new route?

so bro @Adrik smirnov , u are still taking the old route for ur TP on 11nov :)

That's really comforting to hear. thanks for the info!:p

if your bike ain't dirty, your not riding it enough

oh prac 8 they used new route loh if not how i pass lol. the old one is really tough imo. new one just need to lane change fast and pick up fast, u-turn don't wide turn and check all blindspots can liao.

for new route critical = circuit and how u lane change on the road. thats about all. :) so happy i finished the course liao left final TP! woo!

oh prac 8 they used new route loh if not how i pass lol. the old one is really tough imo. new one just need to lane change fast and pick up fast, u-turn don't wide turn and check all blindspots can liao.

for new route critical = circuit and how u lane change on the road. thats about all. :) so happy i finished the course liao left final TP! woo!

congrats!!!:D

Congratz on yr pass, and wow 8.7s on fig 8 is insane. How u get so fast? Did u scrape yr knee?

Damn I seem to be the only one of my batch in CDC on SBF... anyone else? :(

Congratz on yr pass, and wow 8.7s on fig 8 is insane. How u get so fast? Did u scrape yr knee?

Damn I seem to be the only one of my batch in CDC on SBF... anyone else? :(

actually from what i observed people doing fig8, many are doing it 'wrongly' in a sense. wrong eyeline position. thats what happened to me during my first 2 pract3 also.

personally for me, i throttle more when i entering fig8 then i change gear 2 almost immed after the line and off signal. then i look up to the end of the first circle left side and automatically u will corner and the bike will slant, off throttle position bike upright when near the end of first circle and look at the right side end of the 2nd circle and throttle quite a lot. before the line off throttle on signal and tap footbrake. eyeline at the end of fig8 line, slow down down to gear 1 and apply both brakes to stop.

in the course of doing all these if travelling too fast, maintain throttle but tap footbrake. (if u closeopencloseopen throttle, bike will jerk). i went too low many times and instructor told me not to go too low and too fast lol. i did scrap my tip of my foot several times as bike was too low when cornering. no ideas why it happened but it just felt right to me when going down to turn :S

and thanks all, i was lucky today and got a kind instructor. :) plus new route is advantageous.

Edited by chipsmore

you can book thru the kiosk..

yea but the instructor after pract8 today told me not to book through the com, go to the counter and show the booklet with the NEW chop cause of the new test route and ask for the test date for it then book through CS counter. dont know ley just do it as what he instructed loh? won't go wrong also haha tp cannot cancel know HAHA.